ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 19, 2011 9:11 pm

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:can some1 plz update the spreadsheet

Application submitted: 05/05/11 Lahore
Application forwarded to Islamabad: 05/05/11
Application under process BHC: 18/05/11
Projected 12 weeks: 28/07/11

2 WEEKS GONE 10 MORE LEFT
Nice one anjum
Application under process BHC: 18/05/11
good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Have they contacted you yet?
they have not yet, just hope they contact me before i be off to pakistan. lol

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 pm

My wife ain't got good English but I firmly believe she will be able to pick it up AFTER coming here so I seriously HOPE that her refusal gets overturned because I don't want her to be stuck if the tests are going to become harder.

IF the tests do become harder then there will be a small flood of applications indeed.

I know I'm not a mod here or anything but can I request anjum and AliGG to please try use the "Edit" button and adding further text in there or just use notepad to multi-quote {open notepad, click quote, copy the text, paste into notepad, keep doing this till you gathered your quotes, then copy and paste from notepad onto here} (it's a bit long regarding multi-quote), so that the amount of scrolling can be reduced. No offence guys, it's just a reasonable request :).
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Shadow86 wrote:My wife ain't got good English but I firmly believe she will be able to pick it up AFTER coming here so I seriously HOPE that her refusal gets overturned because I don't want her to be stuck if the tests are going to become harder.

IF the tests do become harder then there will be a small flood of applications indeed.

I know I'm not a mod here or anything but can I request anjum and AliGG to please try use the "Edit" button and adding further text in there or just use notepad to multi-quote {open notepad, click quote, copy the text, paste into notepad, keep doing this till you gathered your quotes, then copy and paste from notepad onto here} (it's a bit long regarding multi-quote), so that the amount of scrolling can be reduced. No offence guys, it's just a reasonable request :).
lol. will try using edit next time.
my wife got a 6.5 in ielts academic, and she always says she cant speak english, lol, the trick is 2 say 2 ur wife dont speak english in an angry manner and then magically she can, it works always, try it. :lol:
i hope my wife aint reading this.
i dont want to spread rumors that the english test is going to be harder, its just a personal opinion.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:My wife ain't got good English but I firmly believe she will be able to pick it up AFTER coming here so I seriously HOPE that her refusal gets overturned because I don't want her to be stuck if the tests are going to become harder.

my wife got a 6.5 in ielts academic, and she always says she cant speak english, lol, the trick is 2 say 2 ur wife dont speak english in an angry manner and then magically she can, it works always, try it. :lol:
i dont want to spread rumors that the english test is going to be harder, its just a personal opinion.
Salam 2 all My wife didnt give any english test she has done master in economics and her Master is Equivalent to the uk bachelor degree, which i got verified from NARIC. confirmation letter from naric is attached with my application along with attested degrees from uni and HSE

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 am

ss27 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

Salam 2 all My wife didnt give any english test she has done master in economics and her Master is Equivalent to the uk bachelor degree, which i got verified from NARIC. confirmation letter from naric is attached with my application along with attested degrees from uni and HSE
im a little confused, im sure i read somewhere that u could not use a masters,
also was it taught in english

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:32 am

Salaam,

Can Someone plzzzz advise on the address of the TB Screening centre in Islamabad???

Hubby trying to contact them but I think because it's friday maybe thats the reason they're arn't answering.

Please Someone reply as everytime I send a message on this forum I don't get a reply :(

Many Thanks

ss27

Post by ss27 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
ss27 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

im a little confused, im sure i read somewhere that u could not use a masters,
also was it taught in english
i have read this they only want to know if there degree is eqvilant to uk bachelor degree and yes she has done master in economics which was taught in english
she has done Simple Graducation and half of the subjest taught in English and her Graducation is eqvlnt to A levels,

See this link (English language requirement for partners (PDF 86KB opens in a new window).

Page 10 onwards

Regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 20, 2011 2:23 pm

5KHAN5 wrote:Salaam,

Can Someone plzzzz advise on the address of the TB Screening centre in Islamabad???

Hubby trying to contact them but I think because it's friday maybe thats the reason they're arn't answering.

Please Someone reply as everytime I send a message on this forum I don't get a reply :(

Many Thanks
Hi

Here are PHONE NUMBERS:

http://www.ukvacpk.com/health.aspx

Health (Tuberculosis) Screening

Applicants in Pakistan can book appointments for tuberculosis (TB) screening with the call centre operated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

International Organisation for Migration call centre contact numbers

For applicants from the Islamabad, Lahore and Mirpur areas:

UAN (051) 111 466 472 or

0307-5124716
0307-5124719
0307-5124720
0307-5124721
0307-5124722
0307-5124723

For applicants from the Karachi area:

021 537 0608
021 537 0615
021 292 2574
0306-2922574
0306-2922575

wassap

Post by wassap » Fri May 20, 2011 4:07 pm

@SS27

Have a read of the new guidelines, masters are accepted now aswell.
You mention Bachelors degrees but will you accept Master’s Degrees and PhDs?
As a concession the UK Border Agency will also accept the following qualifications as meeting the English language requirement for spouses and partners:-
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in the UK
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in one of the specified majority speaking countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK and the USA
or
•
Any Master’s degree or PhD, not obtained in the UK or specified majority English speaking country above, which UK NARIC have assessed and verified as being taught or research in English and confirmation from UK NARIC has been submitted with the application
The Immigration Rules will be amended at the next available opportunity to bring this concession within the Immigration Rules. Until then applicants who submit evidence of acceptable Masters or PhDs will be treated as having met the English language requirement pending the Rules change. In such cases any leave granted will be under the Immigration Rules.
We can only accept Master’s degrees or PhDs recognised by UK NARIC.
If your Masters degree or PhD is recognised by UK NARIC please submit evidence of your qualification as indicated above.
If you cannot find your Masters degree or PhD on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it to meet the English requirement. In these circumstances you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website below. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications. http://www.naric.org.uk/
You can then supply this statement of compatibility from UK NARIC with your application. However if UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification you will not be able to use it to meet the new English language requirement.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:47 pm

wassap wrote:@SS27

Have a read of the new guidelines, masters are accepted now aswell.
You mention Bachelors degrees but will you accept Master’s Degrees and PhDs?
As a concession the UK Border Agency will also accept the following qualifications as meeting the English language requirement for spouses and partners:-
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in the UK
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in one of the specified majority speaking countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK and the USA
or
•
Any Master’s degree or PhD, not obtained in the UK or specified majority English speaking country above, which UK NARIC have assessed and verified as being taught or research in English and confirmation from UK NARIC has been submitted with the application
The Immigration Rules will be amended at the next available opportunity to bring this concession within the Immigration Rules. Until then applicants who submit evidence of acceptable Masters or PhDs will be treated as having met the English language requirement pending the Rules change. In such cases any leave granted will be under the Immigration Rules.
We can only accept Master’s degrees or PhDs recognised by UK NARIC.
If your Masters degree or PhD is recognised by UK NARIC please submit evidence of your qualification as indicated above.
If you cannot find your Masters degree or PhD on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it to meet the English requirement. In these circumstances you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website below. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications. http://www.naric.org.uk/
You can then supply this statement of compatibility from UK NARIC with your application. However if UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification you will not be able to use it to meet the new English language requirement.

what u think about mine am i qulaified or not according to this

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am

9 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. lets hope we hear something this week or next week.

Shadow bro, yeh i will try using notepad etc. no problem.
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 am

InshAllah you will get the good news soon Ali bhai. InshAllah we all will.

Oh, btw zaf, thanks for pointing out the obvious. It made me chuckle a bit. You made my day :)

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 am

AliGG wrote:9 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. lets hope we hear something this week or next week.

wish u luck

ss27

Post by ss27 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:36 am

AliGG wrote:9 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. lets hope we hear something this week or next week.

. Hi Ali pray for me as well mine as well 9th weeks gone Inshallah we will have good news soon good hope fully we heard before June or first week of June her birthday is cuming on 12th June that will be nice birthday present . I am going any way for the birthday do special dua for me and good look to u and for every body

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat May 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Thank you all for being so supportive and kind. I hope we all get our visa and enjoy our life etc....

I am missing my wife so much. :cry: :cry: :cry:
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 21, 2011 1:45 pm

AliGG wrote:Thank you all for being so supportive and kind. I hope we all get our visa and enjoy our life etc....

in 2 weeks time i ll b off 2 Pakistan, most likely i will b wearing my bata chappal :D this time in 2 weeks.
:lol:

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat May 21, 2011 4:25 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:Thank you all for being so supportive and kind. I hope we all get our visa and enjoy our life etc....

in 2 weeks time i ll b off 2 Pakistan, most likely i will b wearing my bata chappal :D this time in 2 weeks.
Lucky you!! Enjoy it!!!
XX

zaf

Post by zaf » Sat May 21, 2011 5:47 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:InshAllah you will get the good news soon Ali bhai. InshAllah we all will.

Oh, btw zaf, thanks for pointing out the obvious. It made me chuckle a bit. You made my day :)

small things please small minds lol ...pleased your happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Guys, enjoy your time in Pakistan. Don't worry about your applications. Just concentrate on spending quality time with your wives. I hope you have a safe journey, and return safely also. I shall be praying for you all.

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat May 21, 2011 7:54 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:

19 days till i go and sit on a plane in brum! cant wait to see the missus.

Bad news is that its bloody hot n theres no electric uh oh lol!

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 21, 2011 8:00 pm

wassap wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

hw long u goin 4, and how much u paid 4 ur ticket, i paid £260 single to lahore from london

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 pm

It is especially bad in the villages. For the majority of the time there is no electricity, leading to horrible conditions. The average temperature is now 45 degrees and will rise considerably over the next few weeks.

I have never visited Pakistan during the summer period, so I can only imagine what the conditions are like. However, I am hoping to travel to the country to collect my wife once her visa is granted inshAllah.

Make sure to drink plenty of water!

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat May 21, 2011 8:49 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
wassap wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

hw long u goin 4, and how much u paid 4 ur ticket, i paid £260 single to lahore from london
Well tbh price wasnt a issue for me, cos i missed me mrs too much, and wanted to see her! i paid £500 to islamabad, were from Kotli AK.

I only have 3 weeks holiday,realistically it was either go in june or wait till october due to work comitments :( inshallah If all goes well we should have the visa by ramzan.......but im trying not to get my hopes up!

Heat is an issue, but hey i need to lose a stone anyway lol!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks

As a sponsor going through the crappy appeal process, I feel that maybe I can provide you with some words of wisdom? Here it goes.

Counting the days won't help, or the weeks for this matter. I used to cross out the days and kinda count weeks too, the end result had me devastated and I did not see the result coming.

For all you know, Allah may have other plans for you and ur wife, either be it a quick response within 10 weeks for example and she gets the visa, or it be 14 weeks and she gets the visa or maybe not. The KEY thing here to do is burn time as much as you can and pray more than ever (am not being cliche or anything but praying gives sabre and helps the mind become patient - am not kidding, it really does help).

KEY = Sabre

No way better to put it than the formula above. I know Ali it's really hard, been through that process, I know it's hard but it's all beyond your control so just leave it to Allah and don't do any countdown. Give yourself a date and once that date approaches then start to count days, etc. Your anticipated 12 week date is 10th June so may I suggest you wait till 10th June.

In waiting and successfully doing so without acknowledging how much time has lapsed you will feel like the worlds happiest person if for example she gets the visa inshallah BEFORE 10th June :)

Hope the above helps in guiding you the way forward for the next couple of weeks remaining. Notice I said couple and not the number of weeks left :D.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat May 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Shadow86 wrote:

Thanks

As a sponsor going through the crappy appeal process, I feel that maybe I can provide you with some words of wisdom? Here it goes.

Counting the days won't help, or the weeks for this matter. I used to cross out the days and kinda count weeks too, the end result had me devastated and I did not see the result coming.

For all you know, Allah may have other plans for you and ur wife, either be it a quick response within 10 weeks for example and she gets the visa, or it be 14 weeks and she gets the visa or maybe not. The KEY thing here to do is burn time as much as you can and pray more than ever (am not being cliche or anything but praying gives sabre and helps the mind become patient - am not kidding, it really does help).

KEY = Sabre

No way better to put it than the formula above. I know Ali it's really hard, been through that process, I know it's hard but it's all beyond your control so just leave it to Allah and don't do any countdown. Give yourself a date and once that date approaches then start to count days, etc. Your anticipated 12 week date is 10th June so may I suggest you wait till 10th June.

In waiting and successfully doing so without acknowledging how much time has lapsed you will feel like the worlds happiest person if for example she gets the visa inshallah BEFORE 10th June :)

Hope the above helps in guiding you the way forward for the next couple of weeks remaining. Notice I said couple and not the number of weeks left :D.
Wise word bud. Patience is key, the more you count the days n weeks, the more its gonna get you down, we all want to spend every waking second with our loved ones, but sometimes we have to wait, whats a few weeks/months apart when you will have a lifetime of hapiness together, thats whats keeping me going at the moment, look at the longterm picture.

Note on praying, dont just start praying for the visa and then stop when you get it, keep praying FULL STOP add it into your lifes plan.