ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:47 am

5KHAN5 wrote:Salaam,

Can Someone plzzzz advise on the address of the TB Screening centre in Islamabad???

Hubby trying to contact them but I think because it's friday maybe thats the reason they're arn't answering.

Please Someone reply as everytime I send a message on this forum I don't get a reply :(

Many Thanks
I can imagine how hard it is but this email address is very useful . sent an email on this address and got the appointment in 10 min. uktbappointments@iom.int
Just mention following details in the email and request them to book an appointment for you on the earlier time available. Good luck

Applicant’s name:
Applicant’s date of birth:
Applicant’s passport number:
Reason of test: (Visa type)
Country of application:
City of test:
Contact Number:

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun May 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
AliGG wrote:9 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. lets hope we hear something this week or next week.

Shadow bro, yeh i will try using notepad etc. no problem.
Thanks

As a sponsor going through the crappy appeal process, I feel that maybe I can provide you with some words of wisdom? Here it goes.

Counting the days won't help, or the weeks for this matter. I used to cross out the days and kinda count weeks too, the end result had me devastated and I did not see the result coming.

For all you know, Allah may have other plans for you and ur wife, either be it a quick response within 10 weeks for example and she gets the visa, or it be 14 weeks and she gets the visa or maybe not. The KEY thing here to do is burn time as much as you can and pray more than ever (am not being cliche or anything but praying gives sabre and helps the mind become patient - am not kidding, it really does help).

KEY = Sabre

No way better to put it than the formula above. I know Ali it's really hard, been through that process, I know it's hard but it's all beyond your control so just leave it to Allah and don't do any countdown. Give yourself a date and once that date approaches then start to count days, etc. Your anticipated 12 week date is 10th June so may I suggest you wait till 10th June.

In waiting and successfully doing so without acknowledging how much time has lapsed you will feel like the worlds happiest person if for example she gets the visa inshallah BEFORE 10th June :)

Hope the above helps in guiding you the way forward for the next couple of weeks remaining. Notice I said couple and not the number of weeks left :D.
Shadow thanks for you guide but I can't help it (I need to plan and adjust the way i do things). The waiting is exciting and painful but I can't help it. I am counting the days and weeks and planning ahead. I am a strategic thinker and always sets aims and objectes and works hard to achieve that.

I trust and believe in Allah (there no doubt about that). We can do whatever we want (good/bad) things and Allah will not stop us (this is my personal view). Only will judge us on the judgement day (qeyamat).

Applying for a UK visa is in our own hand, Allah is not involved here. If we provide all the requirements then they give us visa. if not they refuse us on whatever document we have not provided (what you input is what you get). I cannot blame the uk border agency or anyone else, what I have to do is to do it better and better next time so they haven't got any reason to refuse. This is how I have succeded in my life and will succed in the future. This is my personal way of working.

Cheers,
Ali
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun May 22, 2011 7:18 pm

AliGG wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:
AliGG wrote:9 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. lets hope we hear something this week or next week.

Thanks

As a sponsor going through the crappy appeal process, I feel that maybe I can provide you with some words of wisdom? Here it goes.

Counting the days won't help, or the weeks for this matter. I used to cross out the days and kinda count weeks too, the end result had me devastated and I did not see the result coming.

For all you know, Allah may have other plans for you and ur wife, either be it a quick response within 10 weeks for example and she gets the visa, or it be 14 weeks and she gets the visa or maybe not. The KEY thing here to do is burn time as much as you can and pray more than ever (am not being cliche or anything but praying gives sabre and helps the mind become patient - am not kidding, it really does help).

KEY = Sabre

No way better to put it than the formula above. I know Ali it's really hard, been through that process, I know it's hard but it's all beyond your control so just leave it to Allah and don't do any countdown. Give yourself a date and once that date approaches then start to count days, etc. Your anticipated 12 week date is 10th June so may I suggest you wait till 10th June.

In waiting and successfully doing so without acknowledging how much time has lapsed you will feel like the worlds happiest person if for example she gets the visa inshallah BEFORE 10th June :)

Hope the above helps in guiding you the way forward for the next couple of weeks remaining. Notice I said couple and not the number of weeks left :D.
Shadow thanks for you guide but I can't help it (I need to plan and adjust the way i do things). The waiting is exciting and painful but I can't help it. I am counting the days and weeks and planning ahead. I am a strategic thinker and always sets aims and objectes and works hard to achieve that.

I trust and believe in Allah (there no doubt about that). We can do whatever we want (good/bad) things and Allah will not stop us (this is my personal view). Only will judge us on the judgement day (qeyamat).

Applying for a UK visa is in our own hand, Allah is not involved here. If we provide all the requirements then they give us visa. if not they refuse us on whatever document we have not provided (what you input is what you get). I cannot blame the uk border agency or anyone else, what I have to do is to do it better and better next time so they haven't got any reason to refuse. This is how I have succeded in my life and will succed in the future. This is my personal way of working.

Cheers,
Ali
here's a joke 4 u all
a man prayed 5 times a day and after every namaz in his dua he would say " god, give me a son", he did this every day.
God than sent an angel to give him a mesage, The message was "First Get Married". LOL
The moral of this joke is not always praying is the key, u need 2 get more practical, LOL

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun May 22, 2011 7:53 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:

Thanks

KEY = Sabre

Cheers,
Ali
here's a joke 4 u all
a man prayed 5 times a day and after every namaz in his dua he would say " god, give me a son", he did this every day.
God than sent an angel to give him a mesage, The message was "First Get Married". LOL
The moral of this joke is not always praying is the key, u need 2 get more practical, LOL
I totally agree with you anjum yaar. yes what we input is what we get.
XX

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 pm

The thing here is Sammad provided everything on the dot. ECO had an oversight. Would you say Sammad is to be blamed for that? Would it not be fair to blame ECO for that? The inevitable (visa) has been delayed but Allah knows best as to why the delay.

Practicality has its place but regardless, if Allah does not will it then it will not happen. I too am a strategic thinker so I can see where you're coming from Ali. Adjust <<< a nice keyword you used and yes that is exactly what seems the best thing to do.

Waiting is annoying so adjust the way you do things so that instead of waiting you'll be burning time more than ever and low and behold it'll be 10th June in no time :D

Applying for UK visa is partially in our hands, not fully :).

LOL Anjum haha, very well said very well indeed.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:

Thanks

KEY = Sabre

Cheers,
Ali
here's a joke 4 u all
salam every body

any news Ali Anjum

nazema

Hi

Post by nazema » Tue May 24, 2011 11:18 am

My husband will be lodging our application at Mirpur tomorrow, please pray for us as I really don't want to go down the route of appeal. How do I put my details on the spreadsheet?

Thanks

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:46 am

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone you know received spouse settlement visa from Pakistan recently. My question is if there is a timelimit for traveling to UK after visa has been issued? Thanks

minty

Post by minty » Tue May 24, 2011 11:54 am

The Visa is issued for 27 Months.

To fulfill the requirement for ILR ( Indefintie leave to reamin) your wife will have to show she has reisded in the UK for 2 years

Based on this your wife will need to travel within 3 months to ensure she fulfills her 2year stay in the UK

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:55 am

nazema, let me know of the details and I'll put it up on the spreadsheet.

tbi, I think it's 3 months timeline. The visa is for 27 months as opposed to 24 months so you get the 3 months extra for you to do whatever it is you need to and then enter UK and proceed with your 2 year probationary period.

Edit: Heyyy Minty nice to see ya. Hope everything is going well :)

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks guys very helpful.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Strange. For some reason the google spreadhseet will not allow the data for January and Febrauary to be displayed.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:23 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Strange. For some reason the google spreadhseet will not allow the data for January and Febrauary to be displayed.
Both of the months cases were ended in either granted or refused manner so I hid them. I've opened them up if u wanna have a look at them.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Ah, no worries bud. It's just that it serves as a useful indication for when people should expect to hear something from the BHC.

The end of this week will mean 45 working days will have passed. I asked the HR department yesterday if they were contacted, to which they replied no. Having said that, not every sponsor's employer is contacted. Only if the ECO has a doubt will they contact the employer.

Anyway, Allah knows best. Sab khush better hi hoga. Keep your chins up everyone.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

batley khan or anyone else

if application for visa was made before english test requirment & allowed @ appeal stage (since then english test requirement has been made) the applicant wouldnt have to do a test would they? Surely we would still be under the old rules?

thanks

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 pm

CRT7 wrote:batley khan or anyone else

if application for visa was made before english test requirment & allowed @ appeal stage (since then english test requirement has been made) the applicant wouldnt have to do a test would they? Surely we would still be under the old rules?

thanks
You're right 100% Do not worry about the English test as that does not apply to you. It doesn't matter if your appeal was allowed AFTER the English test requirement was introduced. The fact is that your initial application was made before the English test was introduced so the rules that applied to your test also apply now. Just be sure to have a valid TB test certificate when handing in your passport.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 24, 2011 3:23 pm

ss27 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:
Thanks

KEY = Sabre

Cheers,
Ali
here's a joke 4 u all
salam every body

any news Ali Anjum
Hi ss27,

Nope. My application is still under process. My wife sent an e-mail to BHC and asked to provide some updates on the progress of our application. 9.5 weeks has gone. 2.5 weeks still to go. Time is getting closer.

How about you? any news or any things......
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 24, 2011 3:28 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Ah, no worries bud. It's just that it serves as a useful indication for when people should expect to hear something from the BHC.

The end of this week will mean 45 working days will have passed. I asked the HR department yesterday if they were contacted, to which they replied no. Having said that, not every sponsor's employer is contacted. Only if the ECO has a doubt will they contact the employer.

Anyway, Allah knows best. Sab khush better hi hoga. Keep your chins up everyone.
Sallam msgBoy,

How did u count the 45 working days. You submitted your application on 28th March if not wrong. Are you sure its 45 working days.

I have submitted my application on the 18th March and now its 44 working days (excluding easter, bank holiday, royal bloody wedding etc).

anyway, good luck mate.
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 24, 2011 3:31 pm

***UPDATE****

One of my friend submitted their application islamabad on the 28th Feb 2011 and their application is ready for collection since last friday. Not sure when they gonna pick up but will let you guys know if i hear something from them soon. Good luck to him and his family.

***CHEERS***

AliGG
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Ah bummer. It's actually 40 working days by the end of the week for me
:(

It should be 50 working days for you by the end of this week Ali bhai. If I remember correctly, we have had 5 public holidays since mid-March, or am I wrong?

Anyway, by the sounds of things we should all be hearing good news soon :)

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 24, 2011 3:56 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Ah bummer. It's actually 40 working days by the end of the week for me
:(

It should be 50 working days for you by the end of this week Ali bhai. If I remember correctly, we have had 5 public holidays since mid-March, or am I wrong?

Anyway, by the sounds of things we should all be hearing good news soon :)
Don't worry bhai jaan. we have been waiting all this time, another 2-3 weeks in nothing bhai jan if they give us the visa. im sure we will hear something soon.....

quick question, except PIA, does any other airline has a direct flight from islamabad to London? was thinking airline ticket........
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't know of any other airlines that fly direct to Islamabad. Sorry bro. try looking on Expedia or lastminute.com.

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

All those who have applied in March please update here as soon as you hear anything.

Waiting is the hardest thing. Hoping to hear good news within the next couple of weeks.

I want to prepare myself for the worst though (Im a pessimist :oops: )

Can anyone direct me to a link where I can read up about appeals?

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue May 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Airblue fly from Manchester direct to ISB. Its a bleedin cartel with direct flights tbh, i norrmally fly emirates but thats a stop over in Dubai.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 24, 2011 9:19 pm

wassap wrote:Airblue fly from Manchester direct to ISB. Its a bleedin cartel with direct flights tbh, i norrmally fly emirates but thats a stop over in Dubai.
Thanks wasssap. I think i'll advise my wife to go with PIA as they have direct flight and they are cheaper when she gets her visa.
XX