ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khani

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by khani » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi

Application sent 10/2/14

Ack letter 12/2/14

spent last two years under 3c, 3d. After permission to appeal to COA was refused , I didnt not go further and applied for ILR since i already completed 10 years.

Please can someone update it on skydrive.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 pm

theprideofpak wrote:
gryphon wrote:Guys Thanks to Allah..... Just came home and saw the package.
The letter says "we are returning your documents" a biometric residence permit will be sent seperately". It doesn't mention that your application has been approved. Is that what it says in an approval letter.

Please some one confirm.
look into all the pages, approval page is different. It didn't have the address on it.
Mate, only got two pages it doesn't say the word approved anywhere. Just says:
"I am returning the enclosed passport and supporting documents..... . A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover. If you have not already received it, it should reach you shortly...." They also retained the BRP containing my current Leave to remain which I submitted with the application.

@britbanker (Nik), Abchardik and others please let me know what you think?
Gryphon

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes it's the same we received .congrtas

The letter says "we are returning your documents" a biometric residence permit will be sent seperately". It doesn't mention that your application has been approved. Is that what it says in an approval letter.

Please some one confirm.
ss

moonway

Post by moonway » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:59 pm

if it was refused they would have been sending you allogeather in one post dnt worry

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi all
Congrats to all who received their brps
Are there any body waiting who applied early October .
I did mine on the 11th oct and no trace of anything. Did the bio on the 1st nov.. Do they hold applications if there are any issues or they just refuse and send it . Have no clue how it works

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Am new to the forum..am pleased with all the help people are giving on this forum
Can someone add mi to the timeline

Application sent: 03.02.2014
Application recd: 04.02.2014
Biometrics received : 19.02.2014
Biometrics enrolled : 20.02.2014
Approval. : Waiting

Thanks guys

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Dear Sir,
I am awaiting for SET(LR) application outcome which at this moment in my solicitors office. I have also submitted FLR(M) application for my wife where I told HO by covering letter that I will let them know about my application (SET LR) status .

Now i want to know, is it really i should let them know about my application status or when my SET(LR) approved they will be informed automatically ? If i do not let them know, will it be process FLR(M) ?Or They will keep it Hold ?

Many Thanks
FLR M OR FLR O

ababerr
Newly Registered

Post by ababerr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Muhammad1 wrote:Any recent flrm or setm experience of anyone at any peo.
Plz share.
Thanks.
HI ALL Guys,
thanks God I got my ILR approval letter today and waiting BRP which is expected in next week insha Allah.
application sent 23/10/2013
biometric received 30 Nove,
biometric enroled 5/12/2013
approval letter received 21/02/2014
BRP waiting…...

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

shafmar wrote:Hi all
Congrats to all who received their brps
Are there any body waiting who applied early October .
I did mine on the 11th oct and no trace of anything. Did the bio on the 1st nov.. Do they hold applications if there are any issues or they just refuse and send it . Have no clue how it works

Hi guys,
I have Just called to HO. they have sent parcel yesterday to my solicitor and they gave me Tracking no ....
I have checked with royalmail, it is still showing ' Information on your Item is not yet available Online'
Please pray for me.

I have called to 01516725626 > Option 1 > option 2 > Option 2. First time they have transferred me to Croydon because they said they do not deal with this types of case. After 10 minutes I called again and they said you called few minutes before and we told you that we do not deal with This types of case. Very politely, I Told that person that you have transferred me but I have been disconnected. No body answering the phone ! Then he said wait ! If I can ask someone to deal with case.

Then He gave me some wrong information ( Submit date etc) about my application. I told him it is not matching because I have applied in October where he said in December !

Anyway he has apologised and provided me correct information and also he has provided me the Delivery address for my solicitor !

NOW IT IS WAITING TIME ! DO NOT kNOw HOW LONG ! JUST SHAKING !!!
FLR M OR FLR O

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
chokedup wrote:hi,
my story; 6 years student, 2 years PSW, 2 years EEA (family member)
docs submitted: 8/01/2014
ack letter received:13/01/2014
payment taken:15/01/2014

thats all for the time being, i have noticed in skydrive that mostly people receive biometric inv letter after few weeks, I wonder why have i not received it.

My friends story 8year student+2year psw, applied 3/01/2014, ack letter received:07/01/2014, payment taken:09/01/2014, bio letter:17/01/2014, bio submitted: 20/01/2014, waiting for rest!
hay buddy!... worth calling them up, i applied on 22nd and had not received bio letter for 3 weeks called them up, they can advise you if it has been sent - if it has already been sent a week ago, they can issue another one too.. its easy for Royal Mail to loose it on the transit - they only send 2nd class postage.
Could you please provide me the email or contact number to ring, the reason i would not like to call is because when i applied for EEA2 application few years back, I rang them few times and they became suspicious and took 6 full months to issue me a visa and also had some notification in their system that everytime I travelled in/out of UK I was stopped and interrogated until a nice borderagency officer explained this whole story and asked to get in touch with HO to remove this notification. I dont want to get into same situation again by bothering HO but I think if the situation becomes desperate I would have to get in touch with HO.
Do they always issue/require Biometric as I have never been issued or asked for one before, my last visa was on A4 sheet.
thanks.

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 pm

chokedup wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:

thats all for the time being, i have noticed in skydrive that mostly people receive biometric inv letter after few weeks, I wonder why have i not received it.

My friends story 8year student+2year psw, applied 3/01/2014, ack letter received:07/01/2014, payment taken:09/01/2014, bio letter:17/01/2014, bio submitted: 20/01/2014, waiting for rest!
hay buddy!... worth calling them up, i applied on 22nd and had not received bio letter for 3 weeks called them up, they can advise you if it has been sent - if it has already been sent a week ago, they can issue another one too.. its easy for Royal Mail to loose it on the transit - they only send 2nd class postage.
Could you please provide me the email or contact number to ring, the reason i would not like to call is because when i applied for EEA2 application few years back, I rang them few times and they became suspicious and took 6 full months to issue me a visa and also had some notification in their system that everytime I travelled in/out of UK I was stopped and interrogated until a nice borderagency officer explained this whole story and asked to get in touch with HO to remove this notification. I dont want to get into same situation again by bothering HO but I think if the situation becomes desperate I would have to get in touch with HO.
Do they always issue/require Biometric as I have never been issued or asked for one before, my last visa was on A4 sheet.
thanks.
I got mine after one month and ten days.
applied on 20th November
Received biometric letter on 3rd Jan 2014

xincognito
Newly Registered

Post by xincognito » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:59 am

Congratulations everyone getting good news. and those who're waiting hopefully get it soon. Home Office seems to speed up as end of Oct applications have been completed. Wait is so tiresome!

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:04 am

Good Morning everyone
Congratulations to those who are out of hell now . I have a question if someone can answer. I am applying ILR 10 years basis.
What should be the content of GP letter as my GP said i have to submit a written request mentioning the content of letter.

Pls advise

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:56 am

Dear Sir,
Expecting reply from Guru or any senoir member !

I am awaiting for SET(LR) application outcome which at this moment in my solicitors office. I have also submitted FLR(M) application for my wife where I told HO by covering letter that I will let them know about my application (SET LR) status .

Now i want to know, is it really i should let them know about my application status or when my SET(LR) approved they will be informed automatically ? If i do not let them know, will it be process FLR(M) ?Or They will keep it Hold ?

Many Thanks
FLR M OR FLR O

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 am

Please guide me friends

I am going to lodge my 10 year application, but i am applying early.

I am sort my 6 months for my 10 year and it will be early application but will apply before expiry of my current PSW visa.

My solicitor is going to apply straight 10 year ILR application and then will wait for refusal and which will give 3c and 3 d options. so that i can cover my 10 years and then differ to 10 year application

my solicitor says we will not put Discretionary Leave, but we will put straight ILR and wait for refusal as this will save your money and time too

But is it true that if we put ILR straight before finishing 10 years, HO will make my application invalid and which will also not trigger 3c or 3d options and will break my 10 years ?

Please guide me friends

members

Re: 10 years long residence dependent and set(m) and flr (m)

Post by members » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:08 am

SSWSZ wrote:FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

maaan143 wrote:can u share that HO email?
SSWSZ wrote:First of all I want to say sorry to keep you all waiting for so long but the problem is Croydon is far from my home and I have to do some work on my way back so I just get the time to tell you whole story.u all are correct it's not a good day for me but at least it's a happy ending so I am happy now.

Now I start
Reach at 9.55 am inside building 10.am.
Pass security and got token number 10:13
Submit bio and case exactly 10:45
Call on desk number 12:00
The lady told me as my spouse get indefinite due to long residency so I am not eligible for indefinite so I have to go back and then Apply again on flr(m) and then I can apply on Set (m) in 2016 . To my surprise she clearly mentioned that I have to meet income threshold and said our senior says that without this we will not issue you visa even we mention it that I fall under old rules as I came uk on spouse of pbs in 2006 but they said no you have to show income because you will be consider spouse of settled person from now onwards when u will apply on flr(m)...

At this point I said I have flr(m) and specially mail from home office which is marked and says that I don't have to show income threshold and I can apply for set(m) straight away .they then take the email print out and went inside to discuss with senior member.after 10 to 12 mint they came back and said ok we will give you visa first on flr(m) and then indefinite on set(m) but you have to pay fee for flr right now .so I pay the fee of 9.... Something then they take my flr form did entry and ask me to wait ...
After I guess maximum 20 min they call the number and I collect the document and lady congrats me for my approval and tell me about brp which will reach in maximum 10 day's .so I will be out of building around 1:15pm

If some one want any further information just message me and thanks for waiting .
Dear SSWSZ,

I have sent you a private message, please have a look!

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 am

chokedup wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:

thanks.

There is no link between application and call center so they can't be suspecious because u calling so many times.

Anyway ring once and ask if bio sent - you should receive ur answer on 1 call. No is Telephone: 0870 606 7766.

Thanks & good luck.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:38 am

mskhan78 wrote:Good Morning everyone
Congratulations to those who are out of hell now . I have a question if someone can answer. I am applying ILR 10 years basis.
What should be the content of GP letter as my GP said i have to submit a written request mentioning the content of letter.

Pls advise

You only need GP letter when you can't provide 10 yrs passport.

Thx H

rez
Newly Registered

Post by rez » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:17 am

boonbin wrote:I have created the new topic specific for 10 years long residence SET (O) group member. This space provides sharing application under SET (O) timeline. Please all the waiting applicants provide your waiting timeline helps others as a guideline. Thank you very much for sharing.
Rez applied on 2nd December 2013, completed biometrics 4Jan 2014...10 weeks WAITING.

Muhammad1

Re: 10 years long residence dependent and set(m) and flr (m)

Post by Muhammad1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:51 am

members wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

If some one want any further information just message me and thanks for waiting .
[/quote]

Dear SSWSZ,

I have sent you a private message, please have a look![/quote]

Hi dear sswsz. Can I email ho on the email u have mentioned at the top to get the same email from homeoffice as u did so I can show at peo. Thank plz let me know I will wait for yr reply.i m in the same situation as u.

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm

I would like to thank Almighty God Jehovah, the maker of all things and the provider of life for seeing me though all these years.
Today, i finally received my approval letter.
My application was made on 25th September 2013 and approval date was 18th Feb 2014.

I would like to thank also all for your support. My hopes and prayers are with those who are still waiting and who are yet to apply.
Thank you.

BRP waiting.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:53 pm

How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:14 pm

I think You should talk to HO. Email reply from HO might be longer !
esmsi wrote:How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.
FLR M OR FLR O

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi to every one.
Please advice
I am having following question in set (f) for my son who turn 18 years now.
Page 7
3.6 Will your sponsor be supporting you from his/her own money?
Yes or no
If so, what percentage of your total weekly or monthly finances will be provided by your sponsor?
.............%
3.7 Did your sponsor provide financial support to you while you were living in your home country? please provide documentary evidence of any financial support you received from your sponsor while you were living in your home country?

Yes No

Page 12
4.12 Please state what ties you have with;
• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

gryphon wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:

Please some one confirm.
look into all the pages, approval page is different. It didn't have the address on it.
Mate, only got two pages it doesn't say the word approved anywhere. Just says:
"I am returning the enclosed passport and supporting documents..... . A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover. If you have not already received it, it should reach you shortly...." They also retained the BRP containing my current Leave to remain which I submitted with the application.

@britbanker (Nik), Abchardik and others please let me know what you think?
Congratulations buddy! you have received your ILR!! I told you that it would arrive in a few days :)

I received three pages with my documents, the first was the same "I am returning the enclosed passport and supporting documents.." which does NOT state anywhere whether your ILR has been approved.

Then the 2 other sheets (I attached a picture of the sheet in my previous post confirming that I received my ILR) which confusingly had the heading "THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR" but the paragraph underneath that heading stated "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been approved. You will be sent a Biometric Residence Permit as confirmation of your indefinite leave to remain in the UK"

Its a little odd that you didnt receive the latter, but I think it may just be a case of the Home Office forgetting to include it with your documents. If your visa was refused, you would have gotten a letter which clearly specifies that it has been refused and why along with your documents. See Dypstar's post -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p972339

Furthermore, the fact that you are receiving a new BRP indicates that your ILR has been approved, I would assume they would have returned our old BRP (if you still had valid leave to remain on your old visa) so that you could continue to live in the UK till the expiry of your previous visa.

I would like another expert to provide their opinion here and will watch your developments closely, but as far as my knowledge and understanding is concerned, you have been granted ILR and you will get your new BRP next week and your 10 year jail sentence is now over :mrgreen:

All the best for the future and good luck :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw