ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali1975

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 pm

GOd Helps wrote:
Ali1975 wrote:In my 10 years immigration history, I applied 9 visas myself and never waited so eagerly like this one, this wait is too much stressful
hi when did you send application
28 December 2013 and bio done on 16 January 2014

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Strongly Recommended ! Do Not Go to Solicitor. They do not try to resolve your problem, They try to create more problem !

konprode wrote:Hi all,

I've been followed this post for a while. It's the most useful thread I've found. And now I've decided I gonna submit the application next week without paying for solicitor.

I was on:
Student visa 3.5y, Postgrad visa 1y, Workpermit 2y, T1 Highly skilled 3y and Partner visa till now (not yet 2 years)
My questions are.
1. The start date of my current visa is 3 months after the expiring date of the previous one. I did submit application long before but it took 7 months to complete!. Should I submit the confirmation letter from the home office to show that my application was sent to them before the expiring date? or they already have the record?
2. I've been travelling abroad quite a lot. It makes total almost 18 months within 10 years, but none of any single trip took longer than 40 days. Is this gonna make my application in trouble? I talked to solicitor once and he said I didn't need to list the journey that spent less than 3 months absence. Is that true??
3. As stated above, I need to travel for work. Will the home office try to speed my application if I ask them nicely on my cover letter?
4. Can I ask them to return my document to my office instead of my home address? I will prepare them pre-paid envelopes. Not sure how many should I prepare as it seems they send things separately.

Thank you in advance for your help.
FLR M OR FLR O

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:11 pm

any news about yasin 333

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Confusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Solicitors received Documents on 18th February and they are waiting for BRP.
I have called HO today and was trying if somehow i can get the tracking no for BRP. They said "BRP has not been sent out yet".
According to their records documents has been sent on 17th February. Thats almost 7 working days gone away ! I am not quite sure what should i do now :? . Solicitors did not provide me any copy of the documents. It is very difficult to reach in Solicitor.
If you can please advise me. :roll:
FLR M OR FLR O

princessD
Newly Registered

Post by princessD » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,I have been following this forum quietly,I am grateful for everyone experience and free will to share, you are helping ppl without knowing (God bless you). 8)

I am supper Excited to complete 10yrs and reaching the final DAYS OF WAITING(TIC TOC) in this country!my timeline is has follows

Application Sent:28/12/2013
Payment Taken out:02/01/2014
Ackn letter:06/01/2014
Bio letter rec:16/01/2014
Biometrics enrll:21/01/2014
Approval:....................

I have been in the country as student for 8YRS and PSW 2YRS(all visa renewed on time)

Thank you admn and all members,God bless you.

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi All

My application has been refused. Im still in shock and am shaking

i will list out the reason and 'story' later on tonite

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:21 pm

We are sorry to hear :( Share with us, if we can help you together !
yasin333 wrote:Hi All

FLR M OR FLR O

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your refusal, please share reason on this forum, just keep yourself focused as you spent more than 10 years here, there are some other ways to get settlement such as human rights

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello yasin333, very sorry to hear about your refusal. we are still waiting for your response as per their reason of refusal. at the moment if you want to quickly access the UKBA website pls click this link or copy and paste on your web browser; https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-setlr

Thank you.

Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hello Everyone

I am applying ILR SET(LT) next month INSHALLAH. My Question is '' Does underpaid tax to HMRC effects application'' as i have received a letter from HMRC stating that i owe them some tax which is agreed to be settled down through installment. What you guys suggest . Should i pay the whole amount before my application or paying in installment is fine . Please advise me that will be much appreciated.

Hello mskhan78,
you should be fine with your application. as long as you have resolved the issue with HMRC, and agreed to clear the difference in Tax you owe them installmentally, then everything is fine.
hope this helps.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:14 pm

britbanker wrote:
esmsi wrote:I received my BRP today.

Thanks Allah . Thanks all fourm friends
esmsi wrote:How long it takes email reply from BRP unit Home Office
I sent email on Thurday night .

Since DX failed to delivery my BRP saying I do not live the address .But royal mail delivery passport without any problem 2nd class tracked.
ATLAST! enjoy your freedom buddy, well deserved :)

All the best

Nik
Congratulations buddy, welcome to free world where things are much more accessible. stay blessed and stay out of trouble

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi Yasin,

so sorry to hear this, could you please share the reason for refusal?

Thanks,
Alex

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi yas.,,
I am terrified to know you refusal and I have no words to console you .
Please outline the reasons so that we could discuss

Thanks

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

Re: Enquiry for 10 years long residence application form Set

Post by Mera-IR » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi,
Thank you so much for all the help. Great to have this forum! All the best of success to everyone!:)
Kind regards
Mera

raaz0800 wrote:
shahjee12 wrote: Hi all,
May I please ask if you would please have a read below explanation about the enquiry which I have came across whilst completing set ilr form.
also I would like to add about the toefl language passed on 12th of April 2013, would this be acceptable for the application please?

May Allah bless you and your family

Kind regards
Mera
Regarding your TOFEL I think it's fine but double check with HO because Toice and TOFEL are no longer acceptable by home office any more but you did it long time ago.
Raaz
Mera-IR wrote:Hi All,
Hope all are going well!
I would like to ask some questions about SET (ilr) application please. would be applying this March!
-This is a postal application and would like to ask wether all supporting documents need to be send with copies .I know about the passport and visa sections need to send the original and copies but how about the documents for the proof of living in the country for ten years e.g bills and council tax , etc..
- on the form version 10/13 there are some parts that are missing. It says that for postal orders go to question A19 and there is not any!? Also on page 24, G1 answer No and then it says go to section 6 for some reason! It is not section 7 as I understand that is for a different question.
- Any empty boxes that aren't applicable, do we leave them blank or require to put n/a for them please.

Thank you so much for your time

Kind regards

Mera
Hi Mera,
Regards to your first query, there is a mistake on the form, there is no A19, hence ignore.
With the other one if you notice the section starts by saying

G. Representative’s Details and Declaration
You should fill in this section if you are a third party, such as a representative, dealing
with the application on behalf of an applicant.

If there is no one representing you? than you should leave it blank or write N.A, and stop there, no need to go in to the questions.
Any thing not applicable to you and you are not answering, it is always better to put an N.A, so that the case worker is not confused.
You asked regards to the photocopying of the supporting documents, well I would not send them my Council tax bills,P60's and my bank statements, if I have my passports to cover the 10 years, Life in UK Test result, English Language requirement and off course the all important correct fee :)
You could always attach photocopies of the originals that you are providing, but just put them together and clearly mark them as Photocopies of Original.

Regards to TOEFL as the language requirement, I believe that is good, you could use that. (Gurus and Senior members can have their input please)
And mind it the simpler the better. All the best with your application.

Kindest regards
Shah
[/quote]

AlexAlexAlex

Re:

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:37 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:Congrats janutnt38 and Maxwell. Best of luck for the future.

I just have a question about my biometric letter. I still haven't received one. I got my acknowledgement letter on 30th Sept 2013. But still no biometrics letter. What can I do if they letter is lost in the post? I'm starting to worry that may be I'll be refused and hence, they didn't send me a biometric letter.
Hey,

I would give them a call, i applied end of october and didn't get my baio letter till mid Jan!!! i wasn't in rush so didn't call them. i received my package yesterday awaiting my baio.

Thanks,

Alex

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 pm

By the kind of ALL MIGHTY ALLAH I got my ILR APPROVAL letter today. Fortunately I receive my BRP card today as well. The funny bit is Postman didn't even bother to ask for sign when delivering my approval letter , He just drop through my letter box &it was hanging there. Since then just after 30 mins later DX came in to deliver my BRP. I just can't express my feelings. Those who are waiting just keep praying , pls don't think too much about it. I understand very well how you feel. It's so frustrating & you can't do anything about it.

This a wonderful forum & please keep it live forever. My special thanks to senior members SSWSZ, BRITBANKER (NIK, DUDE U R THE BEST), HARDIKJSH83. U guys just rocks. Please don't go to any Solicitor unless you have any issues while extending your previous leave.They r just bunch of crooks, most of them doesn't know anything. Moreover please keep your application as simple as you can. I really don't know why everyone sending their bank statements, payslips, tenancy agreements, certificates etc. I haven't sent none of them . All I sent my old passports & LIUK PASS CERTIFICATE. Keep in mind you don't need anything else.Your passports stamps everything & they have your details in their system as well. I believe they are over there to help your application unless you have any Criminal records & break of 10 years residency.

SSWSZ, BRITBANKER, I may need your valuable suggestions regarding my wife application.I will ask for your help soon.
Could you please update on SKY DRIVE. My application time line as follows:

APPLICATION SENT : 17/10/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE : 21/11/2013
APPROVAL & BRP RECEIVE : 26/02/2014

Straight forward case.

Many thanks in advance

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Just wonder is there anyway to speed things up? I applied on 10th of dec 2013 n did biometric on 9th if jan... Waiting anxiously everyday

Pete249
Newly Registered

Update on my application

Post by Pete249 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Pete249 wrote:Hi all,

The number I used to call the Home Office is their standard enquiry number which is 08706067766. Worth noting that at times the line can get busy and call ended before having the opportunity to be connected. You'll just have to try again.

Also, I meant to post under 10 years route but my post ended in the main forum.

Here's my post from this lunch time.

Dear all,

As posted on 13/11/2013, I applied for for ILR usinf SET(LR) form on 5/11/2013. My application was received and payment taken out my credit card on 7/11/2013 after which I received acknowledgement letter on 13/11/2013. I was expecting to receive biometric letter fairly soon afterwards as some people have received biometric enrolment letter after a week of payment clearing. However, this is where the shoe pinches.

I rang the UKBA on their 0870 number on 25/11 and 4/12/2013 to check on how soon I could get the afore-mentioned letter but to my surprise I was told that my application has not been uploaded on their system. On both occasions, I provided them with UKBA reference number provided on acknowledgement letter, Royal Mail Special delivery tracking number (which shows that my application was received on 6/11/2013), Date of birth, Nationality and even previous UKBA reference number but all to no avail. They could not confirm that my application has been received even when I told them that it surely must have been received for them to have taken the money from my credit card. Anyway, the officer I spoke to on 4/12/2013 eventually told me after more that 20 minutes on the phone and several times being put on hold to make checks; that they were dealing with August applications and that I should just wait as they guideline states that it takes up to 6 months for a decision to be made. I was confused and a bit upset but I had to let go as I needed to go to work. But after reflecting on the whole situation, I decided to call again yesterday and this time, I told the officer on the phone that I understood that they well publicised guide line says that decision is provided within months or what have you but my query was not about a decision being made on my case but rather that I found it strange that I made an application using the right form and sent it to the right address and subsequently had fee taken out and acknowledgement letter sent to me since 13/11/2013; only to be told that none of their own activities (fee taken and acknowledgement letter) could be found on their system. Again i provided the officer in a calm manner all the details including Royal Mail SD number. At the end he agreed that there was something amiss and took a contact number stating that he would raise a query with the correct department and that someone would be in touch with me with 48 hours to let me know what is happening with my application.

I received a call this morning form another UKBA Officer who was very apologetic and stated that my application has now been uploaded on their system and that a biometric enrolment has been sent to me this morning and that I should receive it within next few days. I asked what had happened and the Officer stated that it was something to do with change made from 28/10/2013 which has affected their internal processes... I'm not sure if I was much convinced but the main thing for me is that my application is at last uploaded on their system and the biometric letter is on its way to me. This is a big relief to me as I am expecting to go for a few job interviews and new employer would have to made checks with UKBA as my passport is not with me at the moment and imagine UKBA telling them that actually we cannot see anything on our system...

I thought I should share this with you in case others finds themselves in this awful situation.

PS: In my original post, I stated that I have been in the UK since June 2003. This is an error as I have been lawfully in the UK since June 2002.
[/quote]

Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 pm

londonbd2013 wrote:By the kind of ALL MIGHTY ALLAH I got my ILR APPROVAL letter today. Fortunately I receive my BRP card today as well. The funny bit is Postman didn't even bother to ask for sign when delivering my approval letter , He just drop through my letter box &it was hanging there. Since then just after 30 mins later DX came in to deliver my BRP. I just can't express my feelings. Those who are waiting just keep praying , pls don't think too much about it. I understand very well how you feel. It's so frustrating & you can't do anything about it.

This a wonderful forum & please keep it live forever. My special thanks to senior members SSWSZ, BRITBANKER (NIK, DUDE U R THE BEST), HARDIKJSH83. U guys just rocks. Please don't go to any Solicitor unless you have any issues while extending your previous leave.They r just bunch of crooks, most of them doesn't know anything. Moreover please keep your application as simple as you can. I really don't know why everyone sending their bank statements, payslips, tenancy agreements, certificates etc. I haven't sent none of them . All I sent my old passports & LIUK PASS CERTIFICATE. Keep in mind you don't need anything else.Your passports stamps everything & they have your details in their system as well. I believe they are over there to help your application unless you have any Criminal records & break of 10 years residency.

SSWSZ, BRITBANKER, I may need your valuable suggestions regarding my wife application.I will ask for your help soon.
Could you please update on SKY DRIVE. My application time line as follows:

APPLICATION SENT : 17/10/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE : 21/11/2013
APPROVAL & BRP RECEIVE : 26/02/2014

Straight forward case.

Many thanks in advance
Congratulations londonbd2013. you are right about documents being sent to HO for SET-LR application. The instruction on documents to submit are there on the guidance note. There is no point sending any other documents together with your application if you have all your passports bearing all your visas or BRP.
Documents to send to HO on SET-LR application (if you have all your passports with you)
1) Application form SET-LR
2) All passports bearing all VISAS from entry visa till date
3) Life in the UK test certificate
4) English Test Certificate or UK MSc/BSc or UKNARIC equivalent

Thats all you need for SET-LR application, very simple and straight forward application

kusanagi
Newly Registered

Post by kusanagi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:47 am

Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum and need some help. I am 42 days short for completing my 10 years. I am on PSW visa now with dependants my wife and my 17 months old son. Someone please help me how to complete these 42 days or any suggestions. It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 am

Please have a look at this link

and also let me know what you think

Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/overview

kusanagi wrote:Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum and need some help. I am 42 days short for completing my 10 years. I am on PSW visa now with dependants my wife and my 17 months old son. Someone please help me how to complete these 42 days or any suggestions. It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am

Hi guys,

I spoke to home office. Officer said that my application is processing. Do you have any idea, what does it mean ? Am I going to receive soon ?

Application sent : 20th Sep. 2013
Bio: 25th Oct. 2013
ILR: have been waiting more than 5 months now.

Thanks

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:21 am

Kusanagi, Apply for SET(LR) before expiry of your current visa(last week) and delay your bio little bit so home office consider your application after completion of 10 years,then you have 2 options, first you get your ilr and second they give you another leave for 2 years and then you have to apply again
smir wrote:Please have a look at this link

and also let me know what you think

Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/overview

kusanagi wrote:Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum and need some help. I am 42 days short for completing my 10 years. I am on PSW visa now with dependants my wife and my 17 months old son. Someone please help me how to complete these 42 days or any suggestions. It will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 am

It means caseworker is dealing with your application and i think you get your documents back within 2 weeks
keepwaiting wrote:Hi guys,

I spoke to home office. Officer said that my application is processing. Do you have any idea, what does it mean ? Am I going to receive soon ?

Thanks

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:37 am

keepwaiting wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks
Hi Mate,

I think that is just a standard response from the Home Office, after my experience when I called them to ask about my application status.. I really wouldn't pay much attention as they don't seem to know whats going on.

I spoke to an immigration lawyer friend of mine and she said that all September applications have been allocated to the relevant department for processing and will be handled by a caseworker very soon, if they haven't been already.. as November applications will be start being processed in the coming days.

The majority of folks on our sky drive have received their ILR within 5 months, but there have a been a few who have had to wait a little longer and thats very unfortunate. Keep your chin up, I know its a long and painful wait.. I have been through this myself so I know exactly what you are going through..We are all here with you!

You will receive your application very soon, I can't imagine it taking much longer as November applications will be processed shortly. Try not to get too worried and obsessed like I did in my final few weeks of waiting... the week I stopped caring and stopped checking my post and coming on the forum, is the week I got my ILR lol :)

All the best, and I hoping to here good news from you very very soon.

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw