ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

feigoronin

Any approvals today(30th-May)

Post by feigoronin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Friends,
Any approvals today. Any good news?

rahsmp

Re: AHHHHH

Post by rahsmp » Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 pm

You will need to put your request for withdrawal in writing to the Tier 1 team.
You can send the fax to them
Fax number is :01142076555
-Ra
kmore97 wrote:ceediddy,
i got a similar case. i have to go for hols in the beginning of july. Are you aware of how to get the passport back if the decision is not made before the hols?
ceediddy wrote:HI
was told i did not sign my dependants form.(am sure i did)...also even though i had sent 12months bank statements...i was told to send month 13....i think it was due to the fact that i changed jobs in month 1...so they wanted to see if income was same...
problem is i have hols planned for mid june...if no reply by next week...i have to get my passports back cos i have to do the trip
kmore97 wrote:ceediddy,
if it possible to share why HO asked you to send dependend's application form and bank statement 2nd? It will be useful for the forum - so that they don't make the same mistake.
thanks,
ceediddy wrote:Chaps have been ff the webchat with fear in my heart...
Applied on 18th april.....on 21st, recieved confirmation (the usual 28day dont call us stuff)
on the 19th of may recieved letter i should resend my dependants forms and latest statement of month ending april...
am still waiting till date......

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:51 pm

i tried calling HO using this number 01142074074, selected 1. waited for 10mins and then came an pre-recorded statement HOLD you Reference number then PLEASE HANG UP.

Is it right number to enquire about status of Tier1 Application?

Thanks

micabyte
Newly Registered

Post by micabyte » Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Thank you aaanjoo. I appreciate your suggestion.
aaanjoo wrote:micabyte..no need to do anything..leave the WP as it is.. I use to have two valid WP on my passport (because HO never cancelled the first WP) . I never had any problem in immigration because i always explain them why there are two.
When i applied for HSMP then HO realized that i have got two valid WP, and they wrote on my WP’s that superseded by HSMP visa.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Fri May 30, 2008 2:16 pm

I feel like the approval getting slower by the day :shock: :shock:

micabyte
Newly Registered

Post by micabyte » Fri May 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Dear all,

Hope this might be useful for you guys who are planning to apply for Tier1.
The following are documents I have sent for my Tier 1 application.

- Filled application form
- Original passport
- 2 passport size photographs
- Original Master Degree certificate from University (in London)
- 12 month payslips from my office
- 12 month personal bank statement show my salary paid in every month (the last 3 months are copies with stamps from the bank as I havnt recieved the real one yet)
- A letter from the bank that shows that I have fund over £800 laid on my account in the past 3 months prior to the application date.

Best wishes
Last edited by micabyte on Fri May 30, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sriaady

current update

Post by sriaady » Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 pm

just called up home office.

Currently they are considering applications recd on 29th april.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri May 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi,

I have filed from Wp to T1 on 8th May. I am due to travel to India on 15 June. I may have to miss this trip now.

Taking away the passports for over a month, with no timelines to cater to! I wonder whose idea could this be?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:50 pm

yes, it's foolish idea - when they know their turn around time is so bad. I'm also im similar situation.
hussainkothari wrote:Hi,

I have filed from Wp to T1 on 8th May. I am due to travel to India on 15 June. I may have to miss this trip now.

Taking away the passports for over a month, with no timelines to cater to! I wonder whose idea could this be?

Technonerve

WP to Tier1

Post by Technonerve » Fri May 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi guys,
applied for tier 1 general on the 28th received the application (700mg!!) on the 29th money debited on the spot switching from WP, claiming 110 points.
called on the 28th of may, application queueing to be assigned, called on the 29th "we've sent u a letter yesterday that u did not fill the maintenance and funds page 34-35" knowing that the maintenance in that section is for people with HSMP!!! but when i said that the answer "the letter says so!" called today asked for the fax number and if i can fax the pages 34-35 which i am sure it's only to tick "NO" on the public funds! i did send it with no reply so far! and even no letter because definetly the letter was sent as a second class, and they mentioned they need the answer back before the 9th of June! and a second class letter will take a minimum of 5 days when a weekend is on it's way! my trip is on the 28th of June, no one is giving me a clear answer on what to do, and i am fed up of waiting, 31 days to tell me that i didn't tick a box! i hope my case is studied or under study and they only need this paper to finish it, i hope the dust is not eating it on the shelves somewhere :D
any opinions?

headley

Post by headley » Fri May 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi all,

It seems like it is going to take forever waiting for my docs. I imagine how you all must feel right now.

These are really nervous times for all.

But come on how long should it take. April 29th til now and still waiting.

I need to change job but can't because I am still waiting for my docs. I can't even travel. No photo ID since HO has the passports.

Just too frustrating.

I feel stuck in LIMBO!!!!!! CAN'T MOVE ON!!!!!!!

headley

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:54 pm

I just called up HO, the gentleman says" we will not provide any status on Tier1 application and you need to wait for 10weeks".

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Dinesh_2008 wrote:I just called up HO, the gentleman says" we will not provide any status on Tier1 application and you need to wait for 10weeks".
This is my 5th week, that means the wait is on until end of June :( :( :(

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Why did u call HO gentleman, u sud have called HO lady. :lol:

Dinesh_2008 wrote:I just called up HO, the gentleman says" we will not provide any status on Tier1 application and you need to wait for 10weeks".

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I got same reply from Lady as well so no difference.. I applied on 22nd and still waiting..

sswt
Newly Registered

Post by sswt » Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

I had applied on 24th APRIL. According to today's status, application processing is not yet completed.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Anil,
it's surprising how come ur docs didn't come yet - i was thinking strongly ur docs will come this week.
anilhemnani wrote:I got same reply from Lady as well so no difference.. I applied on 22nd and still waiting..

headley

Post by headley » Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm

HO has all the power in their hands.

I think they know it. So they won't rush!!!!

They seem more likely to take their time.

I hope someone gets some good news soon.

I hope they deliver on Saturday!!!!! at least Saturday!!! :?: :?: :?:

headley

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Fri May 30, 2008 4:36 pm

If I dont get documents by saturday wondering whether I should withdraw my application.. I have to travel by 15th June.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Looks like you are so tired of waiting..but as you know very well we have to wait until we get back our documents..no other go !So calm down..
headley wrote:HO has all the power in their hands.

I think they know it. So they won't rush!!!!

They seem more likely to take their time.

I hope someone gets some good news soon.

I hope they deliver on Saturday!!!!! at least Saturday!!! :?: :?: :?:

headley

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Fri May 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Same for me. We plan to travel 21st june.
Sent a fax yesterday to HO, requesting urgent treatment.
The lady at the HO told, the system will get updated on monday, so i could get an update on my application.

Applied on 25th april. Hope to hear something next week.

headley

Post by headley » Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi Anil :)

Stay positive!!!!!

Dont give up!!!!!

I really think that you will hear something soon!!!!!!!!

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Personally, I would not withdraw because then you would have to start the process all over again.

Atleast you know for sure you are in the queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay positive. It will work out for the best!!!!!

Anyone else waiting. My message to you lot is to KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!! :)

headley

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Fri May 30, 2008 4:42 pm

I bet if u call each mn u'll have someone different, and saying something different, i wonder if we r talking to people behind screen, what do they know about the application? i did call today twice, and i was asked to fill section Z which has nothing to do with my application as i am switching from WP to tier 1 and i don't have any HSMP! and when i explained that i had an answer that i need to send a cover letter asking them to use the last 3 bank statements that they've used to assess my earnings to be used to assess my maintenance funds, it's like BABEL tower, no one knows anything, but i was asked to fill maintenance funds page 34-35 :) and looking at the application it's PUBLIC FUNDS! so i am still waiting for the letter to come to see exactly what they want knowing that i sent a fax with page 34-35, so it took them from 28th of april until the 30th of may to give me these answers :)
Goodluck!

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Wait until nextweek..!
anilhemnani wrote:If I dont get documents by saturday wondering whether I should withdraw my application.. I have to travel by 15th June.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Did caseworker call you to say this,then if he give you address and phone no,you may call him again to check.
Technonerve wrote:I bet if u call each mn u'll have someone different, and saying something different, i wonder if we r talking to people behind screen, what do they know about the application? i did call today twice, and i was asked to fill section Z which has nothing to do with my application as i am switching from WP to tier 1 and i don't have any HSMP! and when i explained that i had an answer that i need to send a cover letter asking them to use the last 3 bank statements that they've used to assess my earnings to be used to assess my maintenance funds, it's like BABEL tower, no one knows anything, but i was asked to fill maintenance funds page 34-35 :) and looking at the application it's PUBLIC FUNDS! so i am still waiting for the letter to come to see exactly what they want knowing that i sent a fax with page 34-35, so it took them from 28th of april until the 30th of may to give me these answers :)
Goodluck!