ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pete249
Newly Registered

Re: Update on my application

Post by Pete249 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.[/quote]

Hi all,
May God bless you all. Congratulations to those who have received their ILR, patience to those still waiting and strong heart to those who have been declined. The fight continues.

This is the update.
My wife took receipt of RM Special delivery package this lunch time as she was coming from a dental appointment. Approval letter (5 pages in total) + all document submitted were returned to me.

I guess DX turned up when wife was at dentist. They left card. I will be arranging redelivery for Monday 3/5/2014.

Application sent: 05/11/2013
Biometrics: 14/12/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 27/02/2014 (dated 25/2/2014)
BRP Received: 27/02/2014 (missed delivery by DX) rearranged for 3/5/2014
Duration: 3 months 22 days
Time line: 7.6 years student; 2 years PSW then EEA family member since 08/2011

Please update Skydrive for me.

smileybee

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by smileybee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 pm

congrats pete249, really hope that i will be receiving mine soon.

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Pete249 wrote:Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

I will update you tomorrow if I get the package or the day after if I need to collect it from my local RM delivery office. Looks like they have started dealing with November 2013 applications.

Shalom.
Hi all,
May God bless you all. Congratulations to those who have received their ILR, patience to those still waiting and strong heart to those who have been declined. The fight continues.

This is the update.
My wife took receipt of RM Special delivery package this lunch time as she was coming from a dental appointment. Approval letter (5 pages in total) + all document submitted were returned to me.

I guess DX turned up when wife was at dentist. They left card. I will be arranging redelivery for Monday 3/5/2014.

Please update Skydrive for me.[/quote]

what is the number you call? also what is their opening hour? thanks

Pete249
Newly Registered

Post by Pete249 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 pm

smileybee wrote:
Pete249 wrote:Hi all. I rang UKVI to get progress on my application for ILR (LR) on their 0870 number and after 10 minutes wait, I was put through to an operator who took my reference number and ask me a few questions. I told her that I was calling to get an update on my application sent on 5/11/2013 and she told me a package was being sent out to me as we were talking (incidentally?!). She gave me tracking number which I recognised to be RM Special Delivery prepaid envelop I provided with my application.

Shalom.
Hi all,

This is the update.

Please update Skydrive for me.
what is the number you call? also what is their opening hour? thanks[/quote]

Hi Mate,

I rang the UKVI general enquiry line as per below:

Telephone: 0870 606 7766
Textphone: 0800 389 8289
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4.30pm

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm

By the Grace of Allah I got a call from my Solicitor that he recieved my documents and BRP .
My last visa was refused and I appealed and after completing my 10 years my Solicitor withdrawn the appeal and Lodged a new ILR 10 years application.which is now been granted.
My time Line is as follows
Applied on 25-oct-2010
Acknowledgement 11-11-2013
Biometric letter and done on 3-12-2013
ILR received 27-feb-2014

Thanks a lot to Allah Almighty and all who ever contributed on this forum .
I will pray for all those who r still waiting . If anybody needs any information plz ask me thanks

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm

By the Grace of Allah I got a call from my Solicitor that he recieved my documents and BRP .
My last visa was refused and I appealed and after completing my 10 years my Solicitor withdrawn the appeal and Lodged a new ILR 10 years application.which is now been granted.
Applied on 25-oct-2010
ILR received 27-feb-2014

I will pray for all those who r still waiting . If anybody needs any information plz ask me thanks

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi Everyone

As i said yesterday i got refused for my ilr. Please find the reason below. Extract taken from refusal letter:

You made an in time application for further leave on 31 January 2007 and your leave continued under Section 3C until 16 February 2007 when your application was rejected because you had not submitted the prescribed fee and had not completed the payment details of your application form. It is noted that the Home Office letter informing you that your application was invalid, dated 16 February 2007, stated that if you wished your application to be considered you must return your application form with the correct fee payment within 28 days. You re-submitted an application on 19 March 2007, 31 days after your application was rejected, however, this was also rejected as invalid because the payment details you submitted were rejected by the issuing bank. You were advised of this in writing on 23 March 2007 and were also notified that you would be required to submit a new application for leave to remain.

On 02 April 2007 you made an out of time application for leave to remain as a student and this was rejected on 22 April 2007 because you had not submitted the appropriate application form and you had only submitted a partial fee payment.

On 08 May 2007 you made a further out of time application for further leave to remain as a student. Your representative’s covering letter, dated 02 September 2013, claims that this application was accepted as in time application referring to an erroneous note made on our internal system, that you obtained following a Subject access request in May 2013. It is noted that after submitting an application on 08 May 2007, that was 81 days out of time, you were subsequently granted a period of leave to remain as a student on 01 June 2007. This was because Immigration Rules for leave to remain in that capacity did not require that applicants have extant leave at the time of application. Further in your case, as you were granted further leave to remain in the capacity of student, it should be noted that this is a category that does not of itself lead to settlement. It should not therefore, be inferred that as leave was subsequently granted in your case that this raises an expectation that any future application on the basis of long residence would see the requirement to have spent a period of 10 years lawful continuous residence in the Uk waived.

With this in mind, you were without valid leave from 17 February until 31 May 2007, a period of approximately 104 days. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.

Therefore you cannot demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence in the Uk and cannot meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules with reference to Paragraph 276 B(i)(a)

Quick points:

1."You made an in time application for further leave on 31 January 2007 and your leave continued under Section 3C until 16 February 2007 when your application was rejected because you had not submitted the prescribed fee and had not completed the payment details of your application form"

The application was not rejected because i did not submit the prescribed fee. The reason it was rejected was because i applied on the wrong form. That i know for SURE. My couse finished 31 January 2007, i went to college and asked them how i could stay till graduation in September. I was told to just submit a student visa app form and then write a cover letter saying i wanna stay till graduation. HO sent me back my application making clear it was not refused but was rejected and told me to apply on a Visitor's Visa to stay till Graduation. I did not do that, i got a college for a masters and got letter from them and applied on Student visa

2."It is noted that the Home Office letter informing you that your application was invalid, dated 16 February 2007, stated that if you wished your application to be considered you must return your application form with the correct fee payment within 28 days. You re-submitted an application on 19 March 2007, 31 days after your application was rejected"

There is no way i would have submitted 31 days after. Also my sar is with Solicitor, not all my apps and ack letters were in that Sar, but i know for sure i would not submitted 31 days after, and there must be a date on there that contradicts this. Ill get my Sar from my solicitor tomorrow hopefully

3. The rest of the applications in 2007, i would not know the exact circumstances but it would not matter as they were within time according to them as it is the app above that seemed to have broken the continuous residence.

4. "On 08 May 2007 you made a further out of time application for further leave to remain as a student. Your representative’s covering letter, dated 02 September 2013, claims that this application was accepted as in time application referring to an erroneous note made on our internal system, that you obtained following a Subject access request in May 2013"

On the Sar, all the applications showed as on-time but now they are saying 'erroneous note' on their system

Also:

1. As cited above my sar is with my solicitor, which i should get tomorrow, so i cant check the 31 days right now.
2. i dont have any kid, but ive been with my gf (who i married 3 years ago) for 11 years
3. I didnt keep anything from 2007, so its only whats in the sar, and the sar which i left at my solicitor did not have my whole history and some parts were blanked/redacted
4. Also i feel my solicitor has dug a hole for myself by over explaining what happened in 2007

Questions:

1.Im not happy with my solicitor, should i change solicitor for my appeal?, i aint got much time....The reason im saying this is because i only got 10 days to send the appeals form with skeleton argument and representatives name
2. It was made clear on the refusal letter ive got 'no human rights' .But i know the new discretionary leave applies to spouse where she cant go back to my country. She cant speak the langauge there, and i cant speak her language in her country(Shes from south asian country). Would that qualify as discretionary leave?
3. If i get the Sar tomorrow and i find '31 days' is wrong should i get a reconsideration side by side with appeal?
4. Also that period was very distressful for me, as my gf was getting immigrations issues and was getting deported, she got proof of that,

Please help me

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Please if people could help me on this :

Damanshillo and all the other experts, everyone. You can pm me and recommend any good solicitor, in east midlands, birmingham or london for the appeal.

This is causing me a lot of distress

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Just to clarify

Ive never had any application refused or went to appeal or anything in my 11 year history

Apart from the 2007 period never had apps rejected

That was the only reason my ilr was refused

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm

necter03 wrote:By the grace of the almighty Allah, I have received my approval letter this morning. Approval date 26th of February.

As predicted last week... Welcome November Applications....

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:54 am

sumbal wrote:By the Grace of Allah I got a call from my Solicitor that he recieved my documents and BRP .
Applied on 25-oct-2010
ILR received 27-feb-2014

Hi Sumbal

Congratulation on independent I am waiting from OCt 2012 by looking your case after long wait you have got positive response, which increase my courage too, Please if you can share when you actually applied ILR application, is it OCT 2010.
Best wishes
Regards
Amjad leeds

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 am

Hi guys,

I spoke to home office. Officer said that my application is processing. Do you have any idea, what does it mean ? Am I going to receive soon ?

Application sent : 20th Sep. 2013
Bio: 25th Oct. 2013
ILR: have been waiting more than 5 months now.

Thanks
Should get is soon. Congrats to all who has successfully got their ILR.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 am

time for bit of analysis :

looking at the skydrive the application flow is as below.

July applications : Started to be cleared in early November (4 months)
Aug applications : Started end of November (3 months)
Sep applications : Mid Jan (4 months - considering Dec - Holiday Period)
Oct applications : Mid Feb (4.5 months)
Nov applications : end Feb(4.5 months)

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 am

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

hi guys;

as you know I have been waiting more than 5 months now. you can see september statistics. what is your opinion about september applicants ? (Just 365 completed)

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am

keepwaiting wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

hi guys;

as you know I have been waiting more than 5 months now. you can see september statistics. what is your opinion about september applicants ? (Just 365 completed)
My friend sent this FOI request and he got his approval 2 weeks ago as he applied on 23 sep 2013, I think these figures are not correct as there were 1190 applications in September but in this they mentioned 1200 and this is one month old , thanks

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:56 am

Thank u very much SSWSZ, u have solved much of my problem.

[quote="SSWSZ"]The things u need is
1 hmrc letter that you are paying tax and your unique ref number
2 ur driving license
3 yours accountant letter mentioning how much is your annual income after tax
4 contract with the company your doing work .something they prove that your doing work for them and that company is registered
This is all the things our case worker suggest but at the end as I came under old rules and also I am showing employment so they don't want it .

[quote="sabidh12"]Dear senior members, i have got my ilr through 10 years route. My spouse has been my pbs dependent before 2012 and old rules apply to her. Now the problem is that how can i provide payslips to fulfill the maintenance requirement for her flrm as i m doing private hire and i don't receive any payslip. Also money is not going in regular intervals in my bank account. Please i need your advice.[/quote][/quote]

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Ali1975 wrote:

hi guys;

My friend sent this FOI request and he got his approval 2 weeks ago as he applied on 23 sep 2013, I think these figures are not correct as there were 1190 applications in September but in this they mentioned 1200 and this is one month old , thanks
The 1190 FOI request was as of 23rd Jan, so they may very well have received 10 more applications by 28th Jan to make it 1200.

Only 365 completed applications as of 28th Jan doesn't surprise me, they were very slow with the September applications, a number of us here had to wait 5 months or more and some are still outstanding. I would expect an FOI done today would reveal a much larger number of completed applications as November has started and the Home Office are mid way through October applications.

I wouldn't go by the 365 number as that is a month's old now, someone should raise an FOI today and see what the updated number is.

Cheers

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:15 pm

britbanker wrote:
Ali1975 wrote:

hi guys;

The 1190 FOI request was as of 23rd Jan, so they may very well have received 10 more applications by 28th Jan to make it 1200.

Only 365 completed applications as of 28th Jan doesn't surprise me, they were very slow with the September applications, a number of us here had to wait 5 months or more and some are still outstanding. I would expect an FOI done today would reveal a much larger number of completed applications as November has started and the Home Office are mid way through October applications.

I wouldn't go by the 365 number as that is a month's old now, someone should raise an FOI today and see what the updated number is.

Hi can any one understand the octto dec2013 stats released yesterday.

Cheers

Nik

keepwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaiting » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Code: Select all

13th of february 
1200 ILR application
365 completed 

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi can any one understand the oct to dec2013 stats released yesterday
thanks

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:53 pm

i have made 3 FOI requests

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/har ... h/requests

however the oldest raised on 31st Jan where i have asked for monthly breakdown of Sep to Dec

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-487326

to which HO asked for more time and considered to be returned by 27th March, 2 months past my FOI request. :oops:

i have been looking at FOI there is no latest stats on Sep onward applications.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:56 pm

also.. this FOI request covering last 1 weeks of Sept suggests they have 24% outstanding applications for the period 19th Sept to 26th Sept.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030773.pdf

this was only released yesterday.. i think most uptodate.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:also.. this FOI request covering last 1 weeks of Sept suggests they have 24% outstanding applications for the period 19th Sept to 26th Sept.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030773.pdf

this was only released yesterday.. i think most uptodate.
just hoping nov and dec are not that much and they process it soon so that our (jan ) comes soon .so stress ful to wait . i think with this speed can be by end of march or early April

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm

It was easy waiting to complete 10 years lawful residence but now these last 6 months are stressful and difficult to wait

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Sumbal
Congrats on your ILR!
Did you actually applied in 2010? that was a long wait...
My main question is when you withdrew your appeal and lodged a fresh ILR application, were you able to carried on working? We are in a similar situation and wanted to know what the implications of withdrawing appeal and lodging a fresh application would have on ability to work while application is being considered?
Thanks mate.
sumbal wrote:By the Grace of Allah I got a call from my Solicitor that he recieved my documents and BRP .
Applied on 25-oct-2010
ILR received 27-feb-2014