ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lola24
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Lola24 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:16 pm

please any update on Flp/fp
Application sent date 27/03/15
Biometric letter received 16/04/15
Biometric done 16/04/15

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:44 pm

@Godgives: Many Thanks godgives. I was just wondering what is this ECHR Letter means and I haven't received anything yet?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:57 pm

AliG123 wrote:@Godgives: Many Thanks godgives. I was just wondering what is this ECHR Letter means and I haven't received anything yet?
It means
European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). You dont get a letter all you should be getting is a letter to do biometric and then eventually home office response to your application. Hope this helps.
Godgives

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am

Thank you so much@ Godgives

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 am

AliG123 wrote:Hi Guys

I'm a new member of this and need some help and advise from you guys as I have been reading this thread from quite sometime and wish if you guys can help me regarding my query.

I have been in the UK from feb 2007, came as a student and changed to Tier 1 General and when I applied for the 3 year extension my visa has been refused on the basis of interview and they said applicant is not credible.

I have appealed to First tier tribunal they refused and appealed to Upper Tribunal but they sent a letter saying they won't change the decision.

I have applied for FLP FP on the basis for family and private life and I had a girlfriend and we got married religiously not the registered marriage.

As I have applied after 28 days run out because of some issues at the time.
I currently don't have right to work and I don't know what to do till then as everyone here is saying it takes months and years to get reply from home office. I don't know what to do in this case. My wife wrote a letter to local mp but no luck and also to HomeOffice and they said they can't give me temporary right to work until application is decided.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Date application sent: 25/04/2015
Date Acknowledgement received: 29/04/2015
Date biometrics letter received : 19/05/2015
Date Biometrics done: 21/05/2015
Rest don't know what will happen next?

People are talking about ECHR Letter here in this thread but I haven't received anything like that and I also don't know what to do next.

Can anyone or senior members of this thread could help me that'll be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi AliG123

From what I've gathered from your post, you will have a very slim chance of being successful in your application. But of course there is nothing impossible.
If you can answer these few questions it might help to analyse your case in the right perspective.

1. What Visa is your wife on if she ain't a British citizen?

2. Do you have children/child, and if you do are they British citizens or settled?

3. Is there any mitigating circumstance that will make it unreasonable/impossible for you to go back to your home country and apply for a spouse visa?

If you answer in the affirmative for any of these questions it increases your chance successful application.

From my experience fighting with the home office your case isn't very strong as it stands. I'm being frank because I spent 3yrs of my life leaving literally as a non entity (not able to work and feeling really depressed).
I will suggest and I know it might sound strange to you, that if the answers to the questions I posed is NO, then your best chance will be to quickly go and apply from your home country. You will find its much quicker in these situations. I remember there are couple of guys on the forum that did just that and they were successful.
However, I must say that I ain't a solicitor/lawyer and purely basing this on experience.

Hope it works out for you, really do, I know how you are feeling now cos I have been there.

Good luck.

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 am

@TUGA: Thank you so much for your brief answer, I was expecting the same as my case isn't that strong and was looking for some advise and support as if you guys heard any of the cases like this.

1). My wife is British.

2). We don't have any children yet. As we recently got married religiously so we can live together, not the registered marriage.

3). It's not impossible for me to go back I can do that anytime, only problem is my wife works only part time and she can't sponsor me on new income route of £18,600.00. Also I can't leave her alone here.

Thanks for the great advise TUGA. I can't leave my wife here and go back and apply from there.

As I have applied now I'm hoping to receive the outcome soon from the Home Office as I heard they are scrapping all the human rights as well and also deport first and appeal later stuff.

Once again Thank-You so much TUGA and all the other members of the forum.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi AliG123,

I totally understand why you have made the application in country. The financial threshold for spouse visa is a killer and lots of people have difficulty with it. It's much clearer now regarding your case and I would wish you all the best with your application.
I will also add that just be prepared in your mind for a fight with them and never give up.
There are also some practical steps you can take to help with the waiting cos I know that's the killer. In my case, I didn't prepare very well mentally and it really had a devastating effect on my mental state.
Firstly, find yourself something to do which will keep your mind busy...eg would include voluntary work, or findin a paid job ( I know it will be challenging but push harder)
I'm sure you know all this anyway but just felt like reiterating. In my case I waited too long without doing any of these (because I was very optimistic my case wouldn't be long) making me very stressed sitting doing nothing.
I'm sorry I couldn't raise your hopes very high in my previous post and hope someone in the forum might have an identical case as yours.
I'm however hopeful you will be successful as you have a British wife, that I think strengthens your case a bit more.
I wish you all the best and hope you get a favourable decision on your application. God bless.

aysie

Post by aysie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:13 pm

aysie wrote:Hi all

Just a update

We received the letter inviting my partner to submit his biometrics, in the same letter it also states that because he was granted under the human rights article 8 in 2012, his application is a complex one and is exempt from the regular time frames!!!!!
We also received a letter today from a company called Capita (working on behalf of the HO) asking for us to confirm my partners status!
Surely if they work on behalf of the HO they should know his status? it says "we have been informed by the HO that his stay may have expired"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
So solicitor has just verified, it can take 6 months! Whatever happened to a straight forward renewal?
They also have our son's and my passport, any idea when they are likely to send these back?

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:08 pm

@TUGA Thanks a million for all your help and support and also for being so thoughtful about my situation and giving me the great advise. God bless you and your family, Hope all your worries turns into blessings. Be blessed thanks once again.

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

Thankyou very much for your time. I will try to make it short and precise.

Date of entry clearance: 15/05/2005
date of entry in UK: 17/09/2005

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

I have been given the following answer. will appreciate if other members comment on the following:

Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).

JJ4EVR
Newly Registered

Post by JJ4EVR » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum but I've been following the post for a while. Can you please help if you know what I should do next. I'm planning to send a fresh application after upper tribunal completely dismissed our chance of appeal. Refusal was for Tier 4 because of the new 5 years time limit. After my appeal as a student got dismissed at the first tier, my lawyer raised Article 8 on Family life as I've a settled fiancé & we have been together for almost 5 years. The final UT refusal is been 7 days now & I don't know if I should go ahead & submit flr(fp) or go back. I've been here almost 9years & all z judges are saying we can go back as there are no insurmountable obstacle.

@ mj8, my situation is almost the same like you can you please help if you have any idea from the best gurus out here. I'm scared to overstay more than 28days so it will affect other applications I've to do in case flr(fp) got refused without appeal right & I'll be sent back.

Can anybody help please????

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:14 am

@saady...The best thing to do is what you have rightly written in your last paragraph. If you have only 17 days away to qualify for SET (LR) then as u suggested you will need to put in an application within the 28 days lapse period.

There are different applications you can make but with what you've described the most plausible one is the flr (fp). It's very likely you won't be successful but the aim isn't to. From my understanding you can then make new applicationon the SET (LR) when you manage to buy that time.

I will share a friend's similar story and hopefully it will encourage you to be hopeful.

He was left with 2 months to qualify for the ILR application. He was advised to put in tier 1 application (entrepreneur route). After couple of weeks he got a letter to attend for interview regarding his application ( It's quite usual I heard, with the tier 1 ). He knew there on that it will be too early to get a decision, so didn't attend the interview but had medical note from Dr for sickness ( pls don't ask me how he managed this).
Basically, the case was dragged past the 2months period he needed. Eventually, he put in a new application and withdrew the tier 1. As we speak, he's indefinite leave to remain.
I will think it's so cruel to deport anyone who's so close to be settled, therefore I'm all for any means possible to drag your case for the period of qualification. It's a loophole in the system which allows that. A very thankful loophole I must say.

So saady, the suggestions you enlisted in your post is perfectly plausible and you will be deemed legal if you make the application within the 28days. I hope this helps, good luck.

@JJ4EVER, I think this might apply to you as well...I know your case is quite different but if you are so close to the qualifying period then may be the best way forward is to drag.

Hopefully, someone in the forum will add to our knowledge on this issue. I hope I'm right.

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:56 am

Tuga wrote:@saady...The best thing to do is what you have rightly written in your last paragraph. If you have only 17 days away to qualify for SET (LR) then as u suggested you will need to put in an application within the 28 days lapse period.

There are different applications you can make but with what you've described the most plausible one is the flr (fp). It's very likely you won't be successful but the aim isn't to. From my understanding you can then make new applicationon the SET (LR) when you manage to buy that time.

I will share a friend's similar story and hopefully it will encourage you to be hopeful.

He was left with 2 months to qualify for the ILR application. He was advised to put in tier 1 application (entrepreneur route). After couple of weeks he got a letter to attend for interview regarding his application ( It's quite usual I heard, with the tier 1 ). He knew there on that it will be too early to get a decision, so didn't attend the interview but had medical note from Dr for sickness ( pls don't ask me how he managed this).
Basically, the case was dragged past the 2months period he needed. Eventually, he put in a new application and withdrew the tier 1. As we speak, he's indefinite leave to remain.
I will think it's so cruel to deport anyone who's so close to be settled, therefore I'm all for any means possible to drag your case for the period of qualification. It's a loophole in the system which allows that. A very thankful loophole I must say.

So saady, the suggestions you enlisted in your post is perfectly plausible and you will be deemed legal if you make the application within the 28days. I hope this helps, good luck.

@JJ4EVER, I think this might apply to you as well...I know your case is quite different but if you are so close to the qualifying period then may be the best way forward is to drag.

Hopefully, someone in the forum will add to our knowledge on this issue. I hope I'm right.
@tuga..Thanks for affirming what i think is the only way out for me. I am sure paying via a cheque and 15 days that i will get for biometrics will buy me enough time to cover 17 days shortfall. Just one question though..when you vary your application, what is you status then? will i be covered under 3c even if i have varied my initial application and given the right of appeal in case of refusal?

JJ4EVR
Newly Registered

Post by JJ4EVR » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:50 pm

@ Tuga, thank you very much for your message & may God bless you abundantly . I'm finding it hard to mention what the insurmountable obstacles as they are not respecting my family life & my fiancés private + family life. Even the flr fp form asks that type of question. What shall I say to convince them this time?

Anybody help please I need to send this fresh application ASAP!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm

saady wrote:
Tuga wrote:@saady...The best thing to do is what you have rightly written in your last paragraph. If you have only 17 days away to qualify for SET (LR) then as u suggested you will need to put in an application within the 28 days lapse period.

@tuga..Thanks for affirming what i think is the only way out for me. I am sure paying via a cheque and 15 days that i will get for biometrics will buy me enough time to cover 17 days shortfall. Just one question though..when you vary your application, what is you status then? will i be covered under 3c even if i have varied my initial application and given the right of appeal in case of refusal?
Hi its best you apply straight away on form set(lr)
..decision takes longer than 17days you will be fine. All the best
Godgives

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:17 pm

GodGives wrote:
saady wrote:

@ Godgiven...would'nt it be a alot more risk? Also, will CW count the time from date of entry to the date applied for application OR date of decision for ILR? sorry for the lack of knowledge but do i have to go for biometrics for set(ILR) too? If yes then it makes sense to apply for set(LR) in the first place.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 pm

saady wrote:

@saady..the purpose of 3C is to prevent an individual from becoming an overstayer whilst either exercising the right of appeal or waiting a decision. Since your application is an in-time one, 3C applies to you. From what I know varying of application will not treated as a breach and therefore your status still remains legal. My friends case is a typical example; he was on tier4 and varied to tier1 and eventually ILR. Hope this helps.
Can I also add that this is purely based on my own experience and research, it will be idle if you seek professional advise on this matter as well.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 pm

*it will be ideal

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:11 pm

@Godgives and saady.... I think the risk is, at what time can you apply for set(lr) ? From the information that you've given it does appear you can only qualify for that application from 20th of August. By then you have overstayed 17days; if you apply anytime earlier than this date you will be refused.
The question therefore will be, will that 17 days overstaying be classified as a breach? This is wher I think the risk is. I might be wrong but I think 3C does not cover you in this situation, so the only cover is the 28 lapse period. You might want to get professional help on this if you want to go that route.

@Godgives...Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 pm

JJ4EVR wrote:@ Tuga, thank you very much for your message & may God bless you abundantly . I'm finding it hard to mention what the insurmountable obstacles as they are not respecting my family life & my fiancés private + family life. Even the flr fp form asks that type of question. What shall I say to convince them this time?

Anybody help please I need to send this fresh application ASAP!!
@JJ4EVER ... It will be really difficult to know what insurmountable obstacles you can state. It's a very vague term where I think interpretation becomes an issue, even the courts find it difficult to deal with. I think it's a case to case issue and it could be anything from ties to the UK, children, health, etc. For it to be successful you will need convincing evidence.

akwadouala
Newly Registered

Post by akwadouala » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:42 pm

GodGives wrote:
saady wrote:

This link may help go to EARLY APPLICATION you will be fine http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy ... ce_v13.pdf

akwadouala
Newly Registered

Post by akwadouala » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:46 pm

This link may help go to EARLY APPLICATION YOU WILL BE FINE
http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy ... ce_v13.pdf

akwadouala
Newly Registered

Post by akwadouala » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:49 pm

saady wrote:Hi guys,

Thankyou very much for your time. I will try to make it short and precise.

Date of entry clearance: 15/05/2005
date of entry in UK: 17/09/2005

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

I have been given the following answer. will appreciate if other members comment on the following:

Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).
This link may help go to EARLY APPLICATION YOU WILL BE FINE
www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/up ... ce_v13.pdf

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi, I am a new member and I'd like some advice:
I've been living here in UK with my family for seven years and I am going to apply for immigration based on my children- one is under 18 and the other is 19- who have lived UK for 7 years, we applied for asylum before but were refused. So I would really appreciate it if someone who has gone through the same procedure or know someone who has, could give me some tips and tell me about the process.
Thank You :)

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiser125 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 pm

flozo64 wrote:Alhamdulilah. 2 years and 2 months after originally applying my husband finally has a visa. The solicitor called today and our documents are on the way. Best of luck to you all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hi flozo can you please share your solicitors details...as my case is similar to yours...thnks