ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammer
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by sammer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:13 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:
sammer wrote:Hi all,
I've been following this forum and I thought it was helpful and wanted to post my timeline for Flr ( fp ) 10 year partner route 2nd extension.
Granted four weeks after Biomerics taking,whole process took 6 weeks.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 13/05/15
Date Received Ack. Letter: 29/05/15<--- Human rights letter and biometric invitation received together dated 27/05/15
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 29/05/15
Date Biometrics Done at PO : Same day 29/05/15
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Granted 25/06/15 received today 27/06/2015
Date Biometrics received : Waiting (Hopefully next week)
Visa Type : FLR(fp)
Congratulations Sammer!!! You are very lucky. Could you please kindly tell us your scenario and what documents did you submit to the home office? It will really help us to understand the HO requirements, as many of us have applied for FLR(FP)
Thanks very much.
My unmarried partner is a British citizen and we have a British Daughter( 4yr old).
I was an illegal when I made an application in 2011 so was granted under the 10 year partner route in 2012.

Documents:our payslips, bank statements, utility bills in joint and separate names, nhs letters, child's nursery letter, birth Certificates and passports. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Lola24
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelinesA

Post by Lola24 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 am

please can anyone help me with home office contact or email address.
I sent my application since March 30 and I have done my biometric 16/04/15 but nothing then.
Please is this normal or i need to call them beceuse i am really worried.
Thanks

sweetie3
Newly Registered

Post by sweetie3 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:39 pm

aysie wrote:
sweetie3 wrote:Hello everyone. .

It's been four weeks now since I applied for my flr o extension and haven't received any acknowledgement letter. .I called home office yesterday and they said its normal to take that long since the number of application submitted during the same time as mine might be alot...he checked on their system and my details wasn't showing yet..he said it should have taken 2 to 3 weeks but it's normal to take longer than that period. ...anyone going through the same situation as mine? And secondly DWP needs s letter from a solicitor indicating my status in the country at the moment and I didn't use a solicitor when I applied for my extension otherwise I will loose my benefits. .how do I go about this please....anyone with sn idea
We are going into week 10, still no decision made, I saw someone on this thread got theirs back after a short number of weeks I don't know how they allocate their decisions :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hello Aysie....I phoned the home office today again asking why I haven't received my acknowledgement letter since money was taken out on the 2.06.2015 and he took my details and confirmed a letter has been sent to me today so I should receive it by end of the week since its second class....hopefully my biometric letter will follow. ..am abit relieved now....anyone who is waiting for an acknowledgement letter for more than 4 weeks. .please call them because by law they have to acknowledge the receipt of your documents. ..hope this helps :)

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi Guys

I'm a new member of this and need some help and advise from you guys as I have been reading this thread from quite sometime and wish if you guys can help me regarding my query.

I have been in the UK from feb 2007, came as a student and changed to Tier 1 General and when I applied for the 3 year extension my visa has been refused on the basis of interview and they said applicant is not credible.

I have appealed to First tier tribunal they refused and appealed to Upper Tribunal but they sent a letter saying they won't change the decision.

I have applied for FLP FP on the basis for family and private life and I had a girlfriend and we got married religiously not the registered marriage.

As I have applied after 28 days run out because of some issues at the time.
I currently don't have right to work and I don't know what to do till then as everyone here is saying it takes months and years to get reply from home office. I don't know what to do in this case. My wife wrote a letter to local mp but no luck and also to HomeOffice and they said they can't give me temporary right to work until application is decided.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Date application sent: 25/04/2015
Date Acknowledgement received: 29/04/2015
Date biometrics letter received : 19/05/2015
Date Biometrics done: 21/05/2015
Rest don't know what will happen next?

People are talking about ECHR Letter here in this thread but I haven't received anything like that and I also don't know what to do next.

Can anyone or senior members of this thread could help me that'll be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Update:
@Tuga @Godgives

Hi Guys

HO contacted my solicitor asking for my up to date passport.

My Passport is with home office for over 2 years and it's expired 6 months before and they sent a letter requesting for my up to date passport which I can't provide until they sent me my expired passport so I can renew and sent it to them.

Can anyone please help what should I do in this situation?

Many Thanks

AliG

narrow
Newly Registered

Post by narrow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Posting for Friend

FLR (fp) Application

Application submitted on the 15/05/15
Fees taken out on the 18/05/15
Acknowledgement letter sent on 03/06/15
Biometrics done 08/05/15
DLR received on the 14/06/15

passport not returned with documents.

documents submitted

Tax statements for the last 3 years.
Tenancy agreement
Bank statements for myself and baby
GP letter for baby
Signed affidavit from my baby's father
Photocopy of birth father's PR card and passport
Baby's birth certificate and passport

I am currently appealing Zambrano refusal so not too sure if that's why my passport was kept.

sweetie3
Newly Registered

Post by sweetie3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Finally here is my timeline

Documents submitted; : 28.04.2015
Documents received by HO : 29.04.2015
Money taken out;: 02.05.2015
Biometrics letter received:: 01.06.2015
Biometrics done: 01.06.2015
Acknowledgement letter received; 01.06.2015
More documents requested ; 01.06.2015

This is it for now...will keep you posted. ..hope this helps

sweetie3
Newly Registered

Post by sweetie3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Sorry about my timeline Dates....here is the actual date

Documents sent to HO...28.05.2015
Date HO received documents: 29.05.2015
Date money was taken out; 02.06.2015
Date acknowledgement letter received: 01.07.2015
Date Biometrics letter received; 01.07.2015
Date Biometrics Done : 01.07.2015
More documents requested; 01.07.2015
Human rights letter received ; 01.07.2015

Will update you with any news after these :)

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 pm

@AliG123...
Depending on the country, you could actually apply for a new passport with a photocopy of the old one. Some embassies have fast track system that can process such an application for a new passport. My advice is check from your embassy what the situation is regarding this.

Just to let you know, it's not unusual for home office to request a new passport as a result of an expired one. So please take heart. The good news is that your application is being looked at.
You did mention however that the old passport has been with them over 2yrs. Am I right to assume your application has been that long? Or perhaps, it's varied applications?

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 pm

@Tuga

Hi Tuga, thank-you for your response really appreciate it.

Obviously good news is they are looking into my application.

As I'm an Indian, Indian embassy won't issue the passport until I present the existing one. Only time they can issue a new one if I said its lost and give lost reference number which I can't as its with HO.

Actually my passport is with HO for 18 Months sorry for lying. MY BAD.

I have applied for tier 1 extension and they refused the application on the basis of interview saying applicant doesn't look credible and since then appeals to FTT and UT and finally Made this Flr fp on April 25th 2015. So my passport is with HO since then.

Hope they take a positive decision soon.

Many Thanks to Tuga, Godgives and all the members of the forum which helps you go through at these difficult times.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 am

@AliG123...

This link might be helpful in answering some of your concerns...http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 53355.html

Have a look, you might find answers...

Also, since you said the correspondence was sent to your solicitors, unless it's new to them,I should guess they will be able to deal with such situation without you worrying.

SHEGG
Newly Registered

Post by SHEGG » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi, i have been following this timeline and i can see you guys are doing a great job. Just want to ask few questions. I came to uk 2010 on 6 months visiting visa and it is done, but i am married and my wife is British and i have got 3 years old son. Initially i applied for residence card under the Eu But i was refused and was granted an appeal and was taken to court, the Home Office respondent came and i was told to make another application under right to private and family life because i have established good and subsisting Family Life in Uk... that was the verdict of the presiding Judge. March 4th, 2015, I applied for Flr FP under right to private and Family life. This is my timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 04/03/2015
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/04/2015
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/04/2015
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 20/04/2015
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(Fp)

Could anyone be of help probably facing the same.....still waiting

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:44 pm

@ Tuga

Many Thanks Tuga

Lola24
Newly Registered

Post by Lola24 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm also expecting my decision as well . Parent of a British citizen .
Application sent 27 / 03 / 15
Biometric received 16 / 04 / 15
Biometric done 16 / 04 / 15
decision waiting .
I really don't know what it's going on because I was told that the decision is between 2 to 3 month .
Let's keep hopefully

Lilmis
Newly Registered

Post by Lilmis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi all my story is as follows. I came to the UK 2007 on a work permit dependant visa, before it expired 2009 marriage broke down. On advice of a solicitor i claimed asylum before visa expired and had right of work. Case decidedin 2010 and asylum thrown out. Put in a fresh claim 2011. Refused again but with appeal right. Appeal date home office did not turn up wrote a letter sayimg the were reconsidering their decision. A year letter got the same decison again with appeal rights. Solicitor said he would apply for judicial review. I was pregnant at the time 2013. Waited and waited. Gave birth to my son and my partner applied for his ILR ( he was on a 5yr visa asylum) partner added son in his application and they both got it. I was still waiting for judicial review. November 2014 i wrote to MP to ask home office about my case and lo and behold i had no case pending. The home office had not heard from my lawyer since 2012! I was liable to be detained and deported. Called my lawyer and he said he filled everything , home office says they never got anything.So quickly got another lawyer who filled FLR FP mother of a settled child.
Time line
Application sent :09/03/2015
Home office received applicatio :10/03/15
Payment taken :12/03/15
Letter of aknoledgement received dated 11/03/15
Letter about case involving ECHR received 16/03/15
Biometrics letter dated 16/3/15
(Above 3 letters received by laywer on 18/3/15 same envelope)
Biometrics done 20/03/15
Letter from UKBA requesting for evidence of cohabiting dated 13/04/15 received 15/4/15
Reply deadline 27/4/15
Reply and requested documents received by UKBA 24/04/15
Ukba letter asking for partner's passport 16/6/15
Passport received by ukba 18/6/15
Decision to grant made 25/06/15
Received all documents inclu biometric card 29/6/15

Just to clarify when they wrote to us requesting my more evidence they also wanted my son and partner's passports. I sent them the letters of acknoledgement that my partners travel document had expired and he has an application pending with them for a new one and that my son i had applied for his MN1 registration and his documents where with them too. My partner received his travel documents 15/06/15 and emmediately home office wrote to say they want it as they coukd see from their records he now had one!. My son had his registration certificate granted same day as my visa so now applying for his passport. It ispossible ladies and gents dont guve up at all. To God be the Glory

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi,
Just to give you all the update with regards to the acknowledgement of my wife's FLR(FP) application. We have received her Biometric Enrollment Letter today, although no acknowledgement letter yet. Biometric has done today as well. Now we have to wait for the result to come...

rise&shine
Newly Registered

Post by rise&shine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi everyone

I will appreciate advise on my situation pls. Solicitor rang yesterday to tell me our application had been refused again.

10 months ago, I and my daughters both born in UK (now 9 & 7 yrs old) applied through a solicitor using FLR (FP) forms. HO caseworker wrote to ask for DNA test of me, my girls and their dad (solicitor mentioned in covering letter he has LLR), although the ground was on 7yrs concession but she mentioned him to make it stronger case.

We've went separate ways over 5yrs now, we hardly talk; was not surprised he refused when I ask if he could give DNA sample. Solicitor wrote caseworker to explain I can't produce the test result cos of that and inability to fund it (applied using fee exemption). Caseworker wrote solicitor that he will contact in future after seeking advice from senior member of his team.

Solicitor wrote my local MP to help chase the case 7 months after the last correspondence, a week after, a refusal letter stating refusal to produce DNA test result as reason.

Now Solicitor said we need to appeal (surprisingly, we have right to appeal), she said we need to do the DNA test. She expects me to pay for appeal, DNA test, her service and that of a barrister. I have not seen the refusal letter, do not know the date on it but Solicitor said appeal must be made before the end of next week, I don't know where she expects me to get the money in less than a week.

My questions pls: since the letter from HO 7 months ago is with us, can the Solicitor challenge the decision without an appeal?
If ex is still adamant, what can I do/any other option?
Is my Solicitor after her bank balance or working in our interest? Do I need to look for another one?
If I can't manage to do anything in good time, can't apply for appeal by next week, what other options do we have?

Thank you

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 am

rise&shine wrote:Hi everyone

I will appreciate advise on my situation pls. Solicitor rang yesterday to tell me our application had been refused again.

10 months ago, I and my daughters both born in UK (now 9 & 7 yrs old) applied through a solicitor using FLR (FP) forms. HO caseworker wrote to ask for DNA test of me, my girls and their dad (solicitor mentioned in covering letter he has LLR), although the ground was on 7yrs concession but she mentioned him to make it stronger case.

We've went separate ways over 5yrs now, we hardly talk; was not surprised he refused when I ask if he could give DNA sample. Solicitor wrote caseworker to explain I can't produce the test result cos of that and inability to fund it (applied using fee exemption). Caseworker wrote solicitor that he will contact in future after seeking advice from senior member of his team.

Solicitor wrote my local MP to help chase the case 7 months after the last correspondence, a week after, a refusal letter stating refusal to produce DNA test result as reason.

Now Solicitor said we need to appeal (surprisingly, we have right to appeal), she said we need to do the DNA test. She expects me to pay for appeal, DNA test, her service and that of a barrister. I have not seen the refusal letter, do not know the date on it but Solicitor said appeal must be made before the end of next week, I don't know where she expects me to get the money in less than a week.

My questions pls: since the letter from HO 7 months ago is with us, can the Solicitor challenge the decision without an appeal?
Is my Solicitor after her bank balance or working in our interest? Do I need to look for another one?
If I can't manage to do anything in good time, can't apply for appeal by next week, what other options do we have?

Thank you
Sorry to hear of your refusal.

It seem out of the ordinary for a case worker to demand a DNA test. As you haven't given much info regarding this will I be right to assume there is a doubt in either or both of you being parents of the children/child?

I have read quite some few articles and looked at the 7yrs child concession rule and couldn't find any clause as part of the requirements. If you can please elaborate on the reasons why the caseworker requested this perhaps it will help.

The rules regarding the 7yrs concession is quite straight forward:
"The key test for a non-British citizen child remaining on a permanent basis is the length of residence in the UK of the child – which the rules set at at least the last seven years, subject to countervailing factors"

The argument in my opinion is what constitute countervailing factors; here I will submit its good character requirement
Reading from your brief there isn't anywhere, where there is a doubt apart from the DNA requirement. It therefore could be 'honesty and deception' issue.

Moving forward my humble suggestion is if the father of the children refused DNA test, you really can't force him otherwise,especially since he isn't the main focus of your application and you really don't need him to be considered for the 7yrs child concession. Now, since you have the right of appeal you might want to consider doing the test plus the children and present it as part of your appeal documentation/evidence.

You also did mention about change of solicitors and finance difficulties. I will suggest at this stage your most priority is to submit the appeal within the time lapse, hence changing of solicitor at this stage wouldn't be a smart move. If you are struggling to raise the funds, you can actually appeal yourself without a solicitor (but as you are aware it's rather complicated without knowing the appropriate case laws). There are some few pro bono solicitors that might take your case, but your time might be too short.
Try http://www.barprobono.org.uk Tel: 020 7092 3960 Email: enquiries@barprobono.org.uk

Seven years was recognised as an important if arbitrary period of residence for children by the previous President of the Upper Tribunal in EM (Zimbabwe) CG [2011] UKUT 98 (IAC) and continued to be recognised in other cases including Azimi-Moayed and others (decisions affecting children; onward appeals) [2013] UKUT 197 (IAC). When the Immigration Rules were changed in July 2012 (Statement of Changes HC 194), seven years of residence by a child was formally incorporated into the rules as a sufficient period to justify continued residence by the child and parents.

I do remember on this thread someone had very similar case to yours and perhaps will share her experience. Looking at your case, you do have a strong chance of winning the appeal if you satisfy the issues raised by the caseworker I.e DNA test. I genuinely can't see how your daughters will be expected to move to your home country when the rules are clearly in their favour.

"The Rules deal clearly with how to treat British citizen and other children in cases where we would otherwise intend to remove their parent(s) and how countervailing factors should weigh in the decision. There are some circumstances where children may be allowed to stay on a permanent or temporary basis on best interests grounds. The key test for remaining on a permanent basis is around the length of continuous residence of a child in the UK – which we have set at 7 years, subject to countervailing factors. We consider that a period of 7 continuous years spent in the UK as a child will generally establish a sufficient level of integration for family and private life to exist such that removal would normally not be in the best interests of the child. A period of 7 years also echoes a previous policy (known as DP5/96) under which children who had accumulated 7 years’ continuous residence in the UK were not deported, which is still referenced by the Courts on occasion"

Please don't see my write up as a legal opinion. It's always best to seek proper legal advice. I can see you winning the case on appeal; but you MUST clear all the clouds surrounding your application.
Good Luck.

rise&shine
Newly Registered

Post by rise&shine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Tuga wrote:
rise&shine wrote:Hi everyone

Thank you
Sorry to hear of your refusal.

It seem out of the ordinary for a case worker to demand a DNA test. As you haven't given much info regarding this will I be right to assume there is a doubt in either or both of you being parents of the children/child?

I have read quite some few articles and looked at the 7yrs child concession rule and couldn't find any clause as part of the requirements. If you can please elaborate on the reasons why the caseworker requested this perhaps it will help.

The rules regarding the 7yrs concession is quite straight forward:
"The key test for a non-British citizen child remaining on a permanent basis is the length of residence in the UK of the child – which the rules set at at least the last seven years, subject to countervailing factors"

The argument in my opinion is what constitute countervailing factors; here I will submit its good character requirement
Reading from your brief there isn't anywhere, where there is a doubt apart from the DNA requirement. It therefore could be 'honesty and deception' issue.

Moving forward my humble suggestion is if the father of the children refused DNA test, you really can't force him otherwise,especially since he isn't the main focus of your application and you really don't need him to be considered for the 7yrs child concession. Now, since you have the right of appeal you might want to consider doing the test plus the children and present it as part of your appeal documentation/evidence.

You also did mention about change of solicitors and finance difficulties. I will suggest at this stage your most priority is to submit the appeal within the time lapse, hence changing of solicitor at this stage wouldn't be a smart move. If you are struggling to raise the funds, you can actually appeal yourself without a solicitor (but as you are aware it's rather complicated without knowing the appropriate case laws). There are some few pro bono solicitors that might take your case, but your time might be too short.
Try http://www.barprobono.org.uk Tel: 020 7092 3960 Email: enquiries@barprobono.org.uk

Seven years was recognised as an important if arbitrary period of residence for children by the previous President of the Upper Tribunal in EM (Zimbabwe) CG [2011] UKUT 98 (IAC) and continued to be recognised in other cases including Azimi-Moayed and others (decisions affecting children; onward appeals) [2013] UKUT 197 (IAC). When the Immigration Rules were changed in July 2012 (Statement of Changes HC 194), seven years of residence by a child was formally incorporated into the rules as a sufficient period to justify continued residence by the child and parents.

I do remember on this thread someone had very similar case to yours and perhaps will share her experience. Looking at your case, you do have a strong chance of winning the appeal if you satisfy the issues raised by the caseworker I.e DNA test. I genuinely can't see how your daughters will be expected to move to your home country when the rules are clearly in their favour.

"The Rules deal clearly with how to treat British citizen and other children in cases where we would otherwise intend to remove their parent(s) and how countervailing factors should weigh in the decision. There are some circumstances where children may be allowed to stay on a permanent or temporary basis on best interests grounds. The key test for remaining on a permanent basis is around the length of continuous residence of a child in the UK – which we have set at 7 years, subject to countervailing factors. We consider that a period of 7 continuous years spent in the UK as a child will generally establish a sufficient level of integration for family and private life to exist such that removal would normally not be in the best interests of the child. A period of 7 years also echoes a previous policy (known as DP5/96) under which children who had accumulated 7 years’ continuous residence in the UK were not deported, which is still referenced by the Courts on occasion"

Please don't see my write up as a legal opinion. It's always best to seek proper legal advice. I can see you winning the case on appeal; but you MUST clear all the clouds surrounding your application.
Good Luck.

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate you for taking time to read through my post and replying to it.

Regarding the DNA test you mentioned, I was also amazed it was requested but 7yrs child concession is not as straight forward as HO gave us the impression. When my 9yr child turned 7 then I applied, after a long wait it was refused, HO said it was not unreasonable to think she can't cope if returned to my country as she will be going there as a family unit (can't remb exact wordings).

Solicitor decided mentioning that my daughters' dad in a fresh application has LLR should help, I believe caseworker was just trying to drag the whole process cos it wasn't as if I changed or gave another birth certificate, so why will anybody doubt me.

Ex said kids don't need the visa for anything, not ready to give DNA. Will the Judge consider the appeal without the DNA? My situation is interesting.

Cheers

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 pm

@rise andshine I am sorry you got refused but you still have a good chance. First you need to appeal. You can download the form from the gov.UK website. Send off the appeal yourself the fee is 140pounds for an oral hearing. You have to act fast on this one. Get any extra evidence and write reasons why the ho were wrong not to grant you and your kids. It would help if you have husbands passport or even if its the photocopy. Kids birthcert to proof you are the mother. Also to prove who their father is. You can go urself to court if you can afford a barrister. I recently went to court myself as my solicitor was messing me up. You can do it. Wishing you all the best.you can inbox me if u need any extra help with the appeal process
Godgives

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi,

anyone here who has switched from 10 year partner route to 5 year FLR M route with being previously overstayer?

Please if anyone has successfully done that can share this here as i am going to apply my wife's FLR M on tuesday 07th july at croydon premium centre. She has visa under 10 year partner route and she was an overstayer.

Thanks in advance.

rise&shine
Newly Registered

Post by rise&shine » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:55 pm

GodGives wrote:@rise andshine I am sorry you got refused but you still have a good chance. First you need to appeal. You can download the form from the gov.UK website. Send off the appeal yourself the fee is 140pounds for an oral hearing. You have to act fast on this one. Get any extra evidence and write reasons why the ho were wrong not to grant you and your kids. It would help if you have husbands passport or even if its the photocopy. Kids birthcert to proof you are the mother. Also to prove who their father is. You can go urself to court if you can afford a barrister. I recently went to court myself as my solicitor was messing me up. You can do it. Wishing you all the best.you can inbox me if u need any extra help with the appeal process
Thanks @GodGives, I can't send private msgs yet as I am newly registered here.

I can't get ex passport, not even the photocopy; only wrote his details on the application then. Pls what could you advice I do, my children being 9 & 7 yrs does not count or what? HO held on to their birth cert (I have photocopies), will that be a prob, do I need to go get another copy? Pls I need advice from everybody that could be of help cos one can't tell any of it could make the difference.

Cheers

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Dear Forum members !
I need some information and help please.
My entrepreneur appeal in the FTT will be heard in second week of August. There are, to be honest, 50 50 chances to win. My kids have been living and studying here for 6 & half years (next month). Would it be a better move if I apply for 7 years child concession route FLR (fp) now on their being 6 & half years stay here ? Because I am more likely to be refused in the appeal any way, but if I apply now on 7 years route by withdrawing my appeal from FTT and putting a new application in the HO, on the same day, if they refuse,

1- would I be given an appeal right?
2-would my spouse be working as dependant, as he is working now under PSW (HO is giving 6 months work permission until appeals exhausted)

3- what percentage chances of success in the end?

I would be very grateful for your input.
Thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 am

@rise&shine photocopies is fine. You don't sent originals with your appeal. If on the day of your appeal the home office rep or judge asked for originals then you tell them its with the Ho. You can also ask ur mp to ask Ho to send them back to you . it takes about 3months for the appeal hearing from the day you send off appeal form. You will have enough time to get any extra docs ready. All the best
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:04 am

GodGives wrote:@rise&shine photocopies is fine. You don't sent originals with your appeal. If on the day of your appeal the home office rep or judge asked for originals then you tell them its with the Ho. You can also ask ur mp to ask Ho to send them back to you . it takes about 3months for the appeal hearing from the day you send off appeal form. You will have enough time to get any extra docs ready. All the best
Ignore my typo errors was typing fast
Godgives

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:17 am

solaced wrote:Dear Forum members !
I need some information and help please.
My entrepreneur appeal in the FTT will be heard in second week of August. There are, to be honest, 50 50 chances to win. My kids have been living and studying here for 6 & half years (next month). Would it be a better move if I apply for 7 years child concession route FLR (fp) now on their being 6 & half years stay here ? Because I am more likely to be refused in the appeal any way, but if I apply now on 7 years route by withdrawing my appeal from FTT and putting a new application in the HO, on the same day, if they refuse,

1- would I be given an appeal right?

No appeal right for 2nd application as section 3c only triggers once when u have valid leave and u apply for a visa and leave subsequently expired while application is pending until concluded. 3c start again when u r given appeal right and u put appeal in time. 3c ends when your appeal right exhausts or u withdraw your appeal

2-would my spouse be working as dependant, as he is working now under PSW (HO is giving 6 months work permission until appeals exhausted)

From where u get this 6 months figure? He can work until all appeal rights exhausted or u withdraw appeal. even appeal take 2 years he can work.

3- what percentage chances of success in the end?

7 years means 7 years. Dont withdraw appeal. Let the appeal going until u exhaust all appeal rights and child turns 7. Than add additional ground (Article 8) in your appeal and try your luck.

Only apply flr fp on 7 years child basis when child actually turn 7. Even though HO will refuse u but than u can file JR and greater chance to win the case in court.

If u apply now as u r thinking (child is not 7) Ho will refuse the application and court also refuse as child was not 7 years old when u applied.

Hope u got my point

I would be very grateful for your input.
Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided