ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

Ques for those whose partners have submitted passports

it asks for copy of sponsor pp...........does this have to be every page of sponsor passport or just the photo part of it????

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:07 am

CRT7 wrote:Ques for those whose partners have submitted passports

it asks for copy of sponsor pp...........does this have to be every page of sponsor passport or just the photo part of it????
I think they are simply asking for the photo part, but tbh having gone through the appeals process and knowing how stupid these guys can often be, photocopy it all as you dont want to give them any reason to cause further issues, and furthermore it wont take more than extra 5 mins to copy the remaining pages.

thats what I done anyway as i didnt want to leave any stone unturned.

Zaki
Last edited by fz158 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 am

CRT7 wrote:Ques for those whose partners have submitted passports

@CRT7
i am over the moon today, thanks to God that I could help people.
the first 2 pages of the passport (pages with the photo and signature) and the copy of valid visa stamp.
in case of british sponsor just the passport page with photo and signature.

pray for me that i get my passport back real quick, with the visa stamp of course.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:19 am

fz 158 - lol @ not leaving any stone unturned, this is the advice my sis gave me - i have been waiting a whole year, our application was refused in June 2010...............so ur right i dont wanna take any chances either...........will copy the whole lot!!!!

im gna scan paspposrt pages n send copies via email..........is this what others have done???

saeraj - ur advice was invaluable may Allah bless u with a quick response ameen.........n to everyone else who is waiting............

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

Hi

Hope all are well.

I have a question - When the Applicant goes to Gerry's to pick up passport, do they return all documents you submitted with your application?

I have spoken to a friend today who has applied for his wife's settlement application and he has informed me that she submitted application on 04/05/2011 and she recieved a call from Gerry's on 23/06/2011. She has been granted a visa and the passport was stamped 03/06/2011.

Let's hope all us waiting for a decision recieve our applications back soon!

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am

@agraceofman

i called gerrys today to ask them abt the new status update. the guy told me that ur pp must be in the cue for priniting the stamp on it.

i also asked that some one i know has submitted on the same date and got the same updates as i did. is it bcaz u send the pre-written txts on specific days after submitting the docs? he replied NO, it could be a coincidence.

he also told me that the next update could be, "ready to collect" or it could be "sent to AC (application centre)" n then "ready to collect".

i asked him about the average time to get back the pp after submitting the call letter. he told me, it could take a month on average.

i ll inform u too if i ll get any update.

best of luck

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 am

CRT7 wrote:fz 158 - lol @ not leaving any stone unturned, this is the advice my sis gave me - i have been waiting a whole year, our application was refused in June 2010...............so ur right i dont wanna take any chances either...........will copy the whole lot!!!!

im gna scan paspposrt pages n send copies via email..........is this what others have done???

saeraj - ur advice was invaluable may Allah bless u with a quick response ameen.........n to everyone else who is waiting............
Thats exactly what I done. Scanned it from here and sent to wifey over there to print. WHat I did say to her was that once she printed it out, i made sure picture was recognisable and more importantly that all written text on my passport was readible i.e. my name, passport number, date of birth etc.

Make sure it prints our clearly as pakistan is not the most techincally advanced place and often their printers are crap so make sure it comes out clearly so that the ECOs reading it cant try to argue that its a fake passport or something silly like that.

Hope this info helps
Zaki

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:15 am

thanks fz158 - will do just that..........unless i can find any relative going over to pk then i will send copies from over here

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am

congrats CRT7...great news!!!!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Congrats CRT7!!!!!! :D your partner has a valid TB certificate or you arranging for it to be done?

Approximately a month after having under process at BHC? that sucks big time, hope it's maximum 2 weeks and no more than that.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 pm

@-Shadow & @-Faithhill: Thank u for the reply. Fingers crossed. Suddenly I'm into Mr. Nervous from being Mr.Cool :(. Your post regarding what's best for us Shadow was really helpful indeed....24 working days and 35 normal days have passed... Need prayers. Best of luck faithhill. I can imagine how's it like to wait when fellow applicants of April are probably already in the UK. Nazema's post regarding granting of visa to a May applicant has made me count days and compare but I guess all cases are on individual basis. Regards, prayers requested. Fi aman Allah.
Last edited by UKVA4 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi UKVA4,

I know what you mean, it can be difficult waiting but let's hope May applicants hear good news soon!

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Ok fellow appelants I have some interesting info,

as you know my wife resubmitted her passport on 24th June which is Friday and status on 26th changed to "Your visa has been forwarded to the emabassy for processing on 26/04/2011" and is still like this at present.

I emailed the lady who was dealing with my complaint and she gave me an update saying that Abu Dhabi received my wifes PASSPORT yesterday on 28th june and that they would be "looking out for her passport" due to my complaint that I made which in the end resulted in the Home office accepting their mistake.

So anyway looks like those status updates we receive from VFS website are either not that accurate or that after receiving my wifes passport on 24th, they only forwarded it on, on the 26th and as a result it took a further two days to receive Abu Dhabi on the 28th.

Also point to note, she did say that they have received her passport and not application and so it looks like they do stamp the passports their in Abu Dhabi.

Hope this info is helpful anyway.
Zaki

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

thanks guys

I got him to do TB test again when appeal was allowed in court so all paperwork ready to submit Inshallah on 4/7/11 (he's already made app with gerry's)

then i will start a new waiting game :roll:

good luck to all those waiting & anyone handing passport in around same time as ours??? we'll keep in touch!!!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Zaki, Not sure what to take out from that information. Someone was saying it's not allowable for national passports to be sent out abroad?

I think there's too much contradiction when it comes to Pakistani Passports.

So if they have received your passport then no idea why the delay in actually processing it.

UKVA4, it's all a natural process. You're calm at the beginning but as the time comes closer nerves kick in. It's uncontrollable at first but with the right tactics you may be able to control it. Prayers aside, indulging into more time consuming activities will be a big help. Btw you're expecting to hear something in Aug so why so nervous right now??? :P relax :)

There seems to have been some re-submission of passports piled up now, according to the results from this forum June is the MOST re-submissions of passports. This surely has to have an affect on the remaining April applicants.

I like how FaithHill has suddenly seem to have gone into calm mode, doesn't seem to be that nervous as she was before :). Although time is coming closer for result, may it be a positive result inshallah.

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Shadow bro,

I think the delay from what I have researched is before they stamp passport they carry out certain checks again i.e. regarding job and stuff. I think there may be a level of discretion on how much checking they want to do again before they stamp the passport and send back.

As a result there is some delay because if it was as simple as receiving and stamping it, then we would receive it back within a week which would be ideal!

I think thats why often some cases take a couple of weeks, others up to and over a month. Just depends i think on level of checks they carry out again.

Zaki

muj1

Post by muj1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:20 pm

My wife is now with me in sunny (optimistic I know!) England

She came back with my dad and she was only asked at immigration for her TB Test certificate, no other questions asked.

Prayers for those still waiting :)

Regards,

Muj

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

fz158 wrote:Shadow bro,

I think the delay from what I have researched is before they stamp passport they carry out certain checks again i.e. regarding job and stuff. I think there may be a level of discretion on how much checking they want to do again before they stamp the passport and send back.

As a result there is some delay because if it was as simple as receiving and stamping it, then we would receive it back within a week which would be ideal!

I think thats why often some cases take a couple of weeks, others up to and over a month. Just depends i think on level of checks they carry out again.

Zaki
Ouch!

I recently received a letter from Student Loans company implying that they have been told by HM Revenue and Customs that I am unemployed so filled the form in giving them PAYE Reference number and I seriously hope their implications is not true.

If their implication was true and HM Revenue felt that I was unemployed then would I be expecting a letter or P45 or something from them?

Pathetic how sometime back after getting my PAYE Coding Notice, Student Loans Company get all excited and send me a letter saying they have been informed that I have been employed and now I get this letter.

Damn their checks, really annoying!

@muj1, so she has settled down I would imagine, yeah weather is quite heated for time being. Hope it gets chilled a bit.

okara87

Post by okara87 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm

@shadow86 ur comment about the growing number of passports resubmitted in june has made me nervous again :(

hopefully the remaining arpil applicants will get a result soon.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:35 pm

okara87 wrote:@shadow86 ur comment about the growing number of passports resubmitted in june has made me nervous again :(

No, please. You see the April applicants application is under process and no re-submission of passport can interfere with that. They are making their necessary checks, etc and then they will get back to u surely. So please don't feel nervous and be under the assumption that re-submitted passports will have any affect on your application along with others application.

Think of the entire process as a queue. You're already in the queue and how quick you get out of the queue depends on ur own application. So relax, all will be fine inshallah :)

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm

UKVA4 wrote:@-Shadow & @-Faithhill: Thank u for the reply. Fingers crossed. Suddenly I'm into Mr. Nervous from being Mr.Cool :(. Your post regarding what's best for us Shadow was really helpful indeed....24 working days and 35 working days have passed... Need prayers. Best of luck faithhill. I can imagine how's it like to wait when fellow applicants of April are probably already in the UK. Nazema's post regarding granting of visa to a May applicant has made me count days and compare but I guess all cases are on individual basis. Regards, prayers requested. Fi aman Allah.
Oh thank u so much bus pray. And pls dont worry, relax n the best tip is to keep in mind that the visa would take 3 months. Then, u dont get impatient n if it happens early then wonderful :) u' applied from LHE?

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 pm

okara87 wrote:@shadow86 ur comment about the growing number of passports resubmitted in june has made me nervous again :(

WH-AT ?

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey guys i was wonderin if anyone could tell me what tracking website they use to track there passports after they handed them back in from calling letter....i got a refrence number ect but dont know where to put it? thanks :-)
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Hey guys i was wonderin if anyone could tell me what tracking website they use to track there passports after they handed them back in from calling letter....i got a refrence number ect but dont know where to put it? thanks :-)
https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

There you go. I got it from: http://www.ukvacpk.com (click on Track Your Application).

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 pm

thanks, i got that one but it dont work? the ref i got stats with GRY-PK-****** ect..
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11