ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasadline
Newly Registered

my frnds

Post by prasadline » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 am

my friends dont be confused about mine.u are rite i applied for student visa my frnd was applied for hsmp visa.he go it dudes.

Prashanth_yadav

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 am

PRASAD UR FRIEND IS LUCKY MAN...........

CONGRATS.....

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 am

palakka ram , mano , all those week 2 and week 3 - please check again online status at 6.30 and confirm to us :!:

really surprised at the rate at which BHC is working - they are one month behind mumbai BHC - how are they planning to solve this :shock: :?:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 am

Hi Arun,
Sad to know abt. your EC rejection..U can reapply for EC using Photocpy of your HSMP letter...Hope u have a photocopy of your HSMP letter..
BTW, how come your employer sent BHC a mail??
Next time, try to isolate your employer from HSMP application.
This is kind of warning to all HSMP applicants..Dont let your current employer get involved in HSMP application,even though u might work in UK for same employer(Indian employers are not happy if u work for them on HSMP,they would like you to work on WP so that they can control you, on HSMP they cannot control you and so they dont like u being on HSMP)

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:54 am

Well...there are cases now where in the ppl who had applied in Jan (frm Chennai BHC) also have got their ECs...so, I dont see any kind of a pattern here!!!

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:02 pm

vidya,how did u get to know that Mumbai BHS is a month ahead coz I have applied from Mumbai BHS on 28th Dec and still awaiting..is it that I'm the odd man out and other people applied along with me have got it???

winmano

Post by winmano » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Vidya,
I'm checking every 5 minutes and I see no change...

Hi Mantya,
Thats why I asked our friends to help new people to know the waiting queue immediately by seeing their timelines in the signature... But I see no one doing it... So you have to ask people seperately ....
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm

mantya

i saw posts from jan 2nd week applicants of mumbai bhc got the results and chennai still on week 2 - this is just the average trend - there are ppl from jan 1stweek/ late dec mumbai still waiting and there are jan applicants of chennai who got the result

so when i say week 2 december in process - it does not mean that week 1 is over - but it does mean that week 2 can also expect results anytime soon

hope that made at least some sense

mano , i keep trying to update my signature but for some reason it was not working - will definetely try again tommrrow ; too depressed now.

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:41 pm

All,

If you an offer from your indian employer to work in UK then BHC is calling the signing authority of the offer letter to confirm the employment.

In my case, they did that and GM thought its for a WP and confirmed that I will come back to India for sure... :?

So...if poss dont keep any job offers OR inform the signing authority about ur HSMP processing and ask them to give a suitable answer.

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:44 pm

I am going to reapply again with a new application.

I got a question. My hsmp approved on 10th Dec 2007 and if someone willing in BHC to provide my the EC possibly at the end of March 2008 then DO I MISS the 4 months in 2 years tenure of my HSMP ??

I know its not well framed but you know what I mean...

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:51 pm

arun,

In general, 2 years will be counted from the date of EC approval.
So, Dont worry
All the best
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 pm

OOPS...

MY hsmp approval letter missing, shall I mail to the same mail id and request them to post to my home address. My consultant said they will keep the approval leter incase of refusal.

What to do ????

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Arun,

Sorry to know about your rejection. But this is not the end.

What you should do now?

Take a deep breath.
There are cases of rejections and people have reapplied with a photocopy of the Home Office Letter.
The biggest difference between HSMP and Workpermit is that HSMP does not go through a labour market test and Workpermit will go through one.
There is every reason for companies to misuse HSMP for employee transfers or making them work in UK and pay in India.
Next time you apply for EC , you need to be carefull in sorting out this doubt to BHC.
If you have time to wait, then you may attend some calls from here to support as transcripts from interested employers.
Or may even get an offer from a UK employer.
If you dont have time, then you may reapply with printouts of advertisements that suit your skill set.

Above all, consult a good consultant who can guide you through this phase.

Jason

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Arun,
Sad to know abt. your EC rejection..U can reapply for EC using Photocpy of your HSMP letter...Hope u have a photocopy of your HSMP letter..
BTW, how come your employer sent BHC a mail??
Next time, try to isolate your employer from HSMP application.
This is kind of warning to all HSMP applicants..Dont let your current employer get involved in HSMP application,even though u might work in UK for same employer(Indian employers are not happy if u work for them on HSMP,they would like you to work on WP so that they can control you, on HSMP they cannot control you and so they dont like u being on HSMP)

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Yeah Guys... Its a lesson to be learnt...

LION,
I think that the BHC got hold of your original HSMP approval letter as well. What did you do? Did you get the original back?

I mailed BHC to return the original to my home address.

One question guys,
If you have a WP-EC then you no need to apply for HSMP EC right?

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:37 pm

Mantya wrote:vidya,how did u get to know that Mumbai BHS is a month ahead coz I have applied from Mumbai BHS on 28th Dec and still awaiting..is it that I'm the odd man out and other people applied along with me have got it???
sorry mantya.... i am proud to be the oldest man waiting for result from Mumbai BHC... i applied on 20th DEC.... and still no result......
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Lion,

Did you get your original HSMP approval letter from the high commission thru mail?

reachstars
Newly Registered

Decision made

Post by reachstars » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 am

Hello all,
I have been viewing this thread for sometime now . I had submitted both my HSMP application for EC as well as my husband's application as dependent on 20th December 2007. After many many anxious days, today when I called up VFS Chennai, we were told that the decision has been made and that my papers have been dispatched via courier .
The status says 'Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 28 Jan 2008' when we checked https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx . This status changed just this morning around 9. Even when we checked yesterday evening at 8 the status hadn't changed.
Now we are doing nothing but waiting for the courier and praying to God that the result is positive. I guess even the other December 3rd week applicants will soon see a change in their status. Good luck !!

reachstars
Newly Registered

Post by reachstars » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 am

We have submitted the application from Bangalore VFS office on 20th DEC 2007.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 am

Arun

I got email from BHC tat they have sent my original letter to VFS hyderabad and i can collect from them on working days..i shd collect it today..

in ur case, i doubt they will not return it if its a rejection..anyways jus try budy.
Lion

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 am

No Change :(
This is my 27th Working Day
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

winmano

Post by winmano » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:03 am

No change ....23rd working day... :cry:
winmano

reachstars
Newly Registered

Post by reachstars » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:06 am

hi winmano don't worry u wil get to know today. I also applied on 20th dec and they took d decision.

winmano

Post by winmano » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:14 am

HI reachstars
Thank you very much.... I hope your wish works today... :!:
I have applied from chennai....We have some seniors from chennai... who have broken records of 27 days....and still running strong...... :cry:
So lot of people should be getting today...... :)
winmano

dev

Post by dev » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 am

reachstars,

Can you please log your reference number ?
reachstars wrote:We have submitted the application from Bangalore VFS office on 20th DEC 2007.