ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:17 am

congrats everyone who got there visa....pray for us all now lol

larsson7
Newly Registered

Post by larsson7 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:56 am

hi Azimscot,

has your sister in law been contacted by gerrys to collect her passport, as i called the as i also submiited papers in lahore and apparently you cannot go collect your papers until they contact you via phone with a time and day to come and collect even though the lahore office is opening again on the 13th of october

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Faaniali - thanks ... just need everyones duas :)

As Naz08 pointed out another blast in Islamabad ... definitely isnt going to help the re-opening of the ISL VAC any time soon.

Personally I think the appointments Visa submission & collection process is here to stay. I think that its a way ofthem controlling the number off applications and the number of pple congregating at these places. It also will help with the workflow that have to get through. To be honest, its the most organised to appears they've ever been. I just hope it will mean that applications are processed in speedier time, inshallah :wink:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:07 pm

oahmed wrote:Faaniali - thanks ... just need everyones duas :)

As Naz08 pointed out another blast in Islamabad ... definitely isnt going to help the re-opening of the ISL VAC any time soon.

Personally I think the appointments Visa submission & collection process is here to stay. I think that its a way ofthem controlling the number off applications and the number of pple congregating at these places. It also will help with the workflow that have to get through. To be honest, its the most organised to appears they've ever been. I just hope it will mean that applications are processed in speedier time, inshallah :wink:
yeh i think they very organized they are defo speeding up.i mean lots of people got call backs this week...inshahallah they ones that left they will hear sumting soon like me lol........4 weeks.. 4 to go lol

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm

cutesweetgal - what happened did ya get it??? im excitied for you lol

mrsi - you heard anything

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm

cutesweetgal - what happened did ya get it??? im excitied for you lol

mrsi - you heard anything

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:03 pm

naz i still havnt received any call from them i gotta mail frm BHC sayin they despatched my hubbyz passport to gerrys international so i shud wait for call but i was thinking maybe i should send my hubby down to gerrys islamabd so he can check out what u think isit a gud idea

mamalik1
Newly Registered

Post by mamalik1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:06 pm

salaam everyone and congrats to everyone who got their visa's,
Ive just checked the website and the status has been updated to
"[b]Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 09 Oct 2008"[/b]
we applied at the islamabad office, will my wife be able to just go and collect the pasport or do we have to wait for the phone call?
Please do dua for all of us who are awaiting a response. this relives a bit of stress i thought I would never get an update

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:18 pm

maj97 wrote:hi guys i have good news!!!!!
my hubby got his visa!!!!! im not sure of the dates of when it was stamped, but we applied on the 12th of august and we got a answer on the 58th day which was today but the website was updated on the 8th of october.
this forum has been fab i dont know what id do without it!!!!!
cutesweetgal and safina any news???
does anyone know what questions they will ask him when he arrives????
Maj I think were in the same boat here inshallah.

What did the website status say when you for the visa?

Did you get a call?

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Hello evry1 !!! I am Soo Happy 2Day My Prayers R Finally Fufilled :D MY HUBBY GOT THE VISA YAY !!! Yess I Know I Am Sorri 4 the Late Msg As Every1 Been Askin N Thanx 4 All The Prayers Guys Honestly I Wud Never B Able 2 Go Through This Widout U Lot !!! I have been tryna Contact My Hubby All day long For sum Reason It wasnt Getin through I just Got A Call From him and i was Soo happy N passport was stamped on The 18th sept and He got It 2day well Atleast he got the visa thats The main thing I am soo Glad anyways guys I Am prayin For Each And every1 INSHALLAH you all will get the visa :)

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:28 pm

MRSI - I honestly Think You shud Send Your hubby Down there Its better And INSHALLAH you will get postive news i am praying for :) u dont worry Just Remain in calm i Know how Hard it is .

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Cutesweetgal am so happy for u hope u hav a good life ahead inshALLAH congrates :lol:

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanx Mrsi :) i am Very happy 2day ..anyways Do tell Me What Happends With ur outcome ..and If Any1 needs My help I am here 4 Every1 And i will keep On prayin 4 each N Every1 :)

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

cutesweetgal sure i will let u know jus pray init hes gona go gerys tommorow to find out inshALLAH i hope they giv it back to him n he gets his visa INSHALLAH

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Mrsi Dont worry InshAllah Your Hubby Will get The visa Tommrow and will Be telling Us all About It 2mrow :) just Have Faith in to tell u the truth is was Soo Worried ..N I got The Visa So You Have chances And You will defo INSHALLAH get the visa :) keep us updated tommrow !

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 pm

congrats to those who got derz.

my otha half didnt get his visa n i'v jus been bawling al day. basically deyr rushing cases cos he sed only a couple of ppl out of 20 odd gt der visa while he was in der.

u jus gota b reli thorough wid ur paperwork. i supplied a letter from the council cos dey r my main employers, saying i'm a teachin assistant bt d embassy lot wana knw EXACTLY wot i do on a day 2 day basis. pathetic.

truly no 1 can understand wot us lot go thru unles deyr in d same boat. d wait is such a shit feelin. i jus need 2 scream real loud bt unfortunately cnt so dis forum is my only outlet. sorry guys sum1 out derz gota b my agony aunt or uncle.

can any1 tel me abt d appeal procedure? i heard i can hav d case reviewed if i supply d additional paperwork. duz any1 knw abt dat?

sam_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sam_uk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post so kindly ignore if you find anything offensive or against the norms of the forum.

I have been tracking the discussion on this thread for some days now and it has been very informative and supportive for me, so first of all a big thanks to all. Congrats to all who got their visas approved and Safina sorry to hear that your husbands visa got rejected. As far as I know, you are given the information about how to appeal against the decision while they hand your passport back. But appeal takes a longer time as compared to applying afresh again. (Some more experienced fellow here can guide about the exact time scale ). I guess, if you apply again for the visa with more supporting documents, it should not be a problem to get the visa specially when your application has been denied on the basis of insufficient documentation.

Having said that for Safina, I come to my problem :roll: I have been staying in the UK as a research student for last 4 years while my wife has been working in the UK for last one year as HSMP immigrant. As my student visa was soon to expire, I decided to switch as her dependent insetead of extending my student visa while remaining in the UK. For that, I had to come to Pakistan for this purpose. I applied on 09 of Sept and hoped to get my passport within 15 working days !!!! But, I have't heard anything from BHC yet, every morining first thing I do is to check the Gerry's website to track my passport. My leave at my University is over, I have got some travel commitments from UK by the end of this month and I am stuck here. After reading the posts on this forum, I just emailed BHC yesterday mentioning all my problems and sending them proofs of my future travel commitments etc. I don't know what will happen to me now!!

shaz_duf
Newly Registered

Post by shaz_duf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 am

Salaam 2 all.. just like 2 share the gd news with every1.. my wifes application was successful. She received a phone call this morning from the VAC informing her that her passport was ready 4 collection. We applied on the 15th August in Lahore.. took just under 2 months. Inshallah i hope u all hear gd news soon.

larsson7
Newly Registered

Post by larsson7 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:17 am

hi shaz duf,

can you please tell me if they gave your wife a date and time to come and collect her passport or did they just advised it was ready for collection, as my wife also applied in lahore and website iinforms passport ready for collection but we have not been contacted by the VAC

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am

Safina I Am soo Sorry To hear This Please Dont Be Upset..I know How it Feels Been In That Sitautaion Last Time n Its Really hard ..But dont Lose Hope And stay Postive And You watch You will get It Just Like me :) Here is Some Advice ..From Sum1 Ver expert Trust me I Have been In This confused situation What to do And I Was told to Make All new Papers With Proof What ever They Have Refused And show Them Its better Reapplying..As Appeal Takes More than Years ..My Mates still Waitin 4 her Husbands Appeal ...N My Brother Who is Married Before me Had applied For Appeal As He was Also Refused But They Havnt Still contacted Him Its Been A whole year Now ..But Honestly Its up To you But The reaosn That u Have Tol Us Is Not This Big Just Show More evidence On this They mostly Reject On silly StufF U have To Be Proper Ready But Anyways I am Praying For you Whatever You choose Dont worry You can Chat To me Anytime..I hope This helps

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:28 am

Shaz Duff Congrats On Your Wifes Visa :D May Allah Give You Happy life With Your Partner ..

Mrsi ..Where Are you ? Any news ? Has Your Hubby Got his Visa ? I am Praying Dont Worry INSHALLAH he will ..Just Dont lose hope And keep Prayin :)

Anyways Guys Now That my Hubbie Got The visa We Are Tryin 2 Get A ticket for This Weekend i Know..Its Coz Its Been 23 Days since My Hubby Got His stamped So He Needs to Be here B4 28 Days so Lets See..

Maj 97 ? When Is Your Hubby Getting ere ???

Naz- I have Heard this From My Hubby As they Are taking Cases Quicker And Now they Taking 4 to 5 weeks Depending On the Papers So You Might Get The News Quicker :) INSHALLAH you will Prayin 4 each And Every1

Guys just A small Advice- I know Who Has Been refused Are upset right now and Who are waiting Been There..N I Know how It Feels But Just one Thing I Want to Add Keep Faith In Allah ..And Stay Postive And Hopefully InshAllah you will Get What You wish 4

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:34 am

Cutesweetgal - I am soooooooo happy for you ... many many congratulations!! At least you got the news you wanted on your second application. May you and your hubby have a happy and fab life together!! :D

Please pray for me ... my wife is submitting her second application on Monday ... please please remember me in your duas sis :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:38 am

Safina1 - my advise would be to reapply. The feedback that I got was appeals take a very long time. As you can provide the evidence to counter the rejection reason, I would get all your docs together & go again. Dont lose hope ... get your stuff together and reapply asap. Inshallah you will receive the positive news you want .... Btw keep us updated on this forum - believe me it helps ... if only coz you know that you are not alone. Smile & be happy !!! :D

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:44 am

Oahmed Bro :) Dont Worry Honestly i am Praying For You And InshAllah You will Get A Postive Outcome The Second Time :) Just Remain Postive And pray..Anyways Just Do Recheck Your Papers Once More Before Submitting And You will be Fine :) Dont worry .

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 am

Cutesweetgal - your hubby doesnt have to get out in 28 days anymore. Check with him but you should find that he will have a 27 month visa, which basically allows you up to 3mths to leave. But Im sure you want him over as soon as possible :D

Im really happy for you & Shaz Duff!! :D

To further back up wot Cutesweetgal has said .... she & I have both received rejections ... to all those in similar boats now ... Please Please try and remain calm and positive. Do not panic!! Get your documents together and move forward asap. You will get endless opinions from family members & others, but seriously just get your docs sorted, address all the failure points in full and get your cases resubmitted or appealed (whichever you decide). I know its a heartbreaking experience!! I been through it. But you gotta move on ... dont dwell... the sooner you get things sorted the quicker you can resubmit/appeal & then hope receive the good news you all want.

KEEP THE FAITH, STAY CALM, SUPPORT YOUR PARTNERS & BE HAPPY!! :D