ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baccus99
United Kingdom

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:48 am

Tucci wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm
baccus99 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 pm
Has anybody received an acceptance letter in the last 10 days or so and the online form still shows "Awaiting a decision"? looks like the form has become completely unreliable and it was almost working accurately previously. Very frustrating for all involved!
Citizenship application submitted via NCS on 23rd June
Payment taken on 03rd Jul
Biometrics completed on 11th Jul
Enquiry email sent to nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gdi.gov.uk on 30th Oct
Received a reply on 31st Oct to say that a decision was made on 27th Oct
Received a separate email on 4th Nov to say that a ceremony invitation was dispatched on 3rd Nov
Citizenship Invitation letter dated 31st Oct was received today, 6th Nov
Sent an email to council today to book for the next available ceremony

Please be patient my friends. The decision will come. And although the checking service is a good idea, please do not obsess about it. No need to check multiple times a day.

Goodluck all!
Well done you! Can you please confirm if you go and check the online form if it does now say "Decided" or does it still show yours as "Awaiting a Decision"?
That was my initial request, as decisions may have been made and may even be in the post, but looking on the site it looks like statuses are frozen...:) cheers!

Tucci
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Tucci » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:48 am
Tucci wrote:
baccus99 wrote:
Has anybody received an acceptance letter in the last 10 days or so and the online form still shows "Awaiting a decision"? looks like the form has become completely unreliable and it was almost working accurately previously. Very frustrating for all involved!
Enquiry email sent to nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gdi.gov.uk on 30th Oct
Received a separate email on 4th Nov to say that a ceremony invitation was dispatched on 3rd Nov

Please be patient my friends. The decision will come. And although the checking service is a good idea, please do not obsess about it. No need to check multiple times a day.

Goodluck all!
Well done you! Can you please confirm if you go and check the online form if it does now say "Decided" or does it still show yours as "Awaiting a Decision"?
That was my initial request, as decisions may have been made and may even be in the post, but looking on the site it looks like statuses are frozen...:) cheers!
No, the status of my application on the online checker hasn't changed to "Decided". As per a moment ago, it is still showing status "Awaiting a Decision". And just like most of you, the date when it was last updated also disappeared from the page.

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:04 am

Tucci wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am
baccus99 wrote:
Tucci wrote:
baccus99 wrote:

Goodluck all!
No, the status of my application on the online checker hasn't changed to "Decided". As per a moment ago, it is still showing status "Awaiting a Decision". And just like most of you, the date when it was last updated also disappeared from the page.
Hi Tucci,

thanks very much for confirming this and hopefully it will reassure us all still waiting to know that the online form is in effect "useless" as it stands. We can stop checking every day and getting more frustrated and disappointed as the status does not shift. Thanks again!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:04 am
Tucci wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am
baccus99 wrote:
Tucci wrote:

Goodluck all!
Hi Tucci,

thanks very much for confirming this and hopefully it will reassure us all still waiting to know that the online form is in effect "useless" as it stands. We can stop checking every day and getting more frustrated and disappointed as the status does not shift. Thanks again!
I don't think I have seen anyone saying their status was updated for a few days. So it seems that is broken. I suppose that gives us hope when we go home each day that we might get a letter lol

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

For Naturalisation application tracking, do you guys use the:
[*]Case ID in the acknowledgment email (or post letter)
[*]Code in the biometric letter

?

I have received acknowledgment for a week, but no biometric enrollment invitation letter yet.
The online checking service says: "Reference number not recognised" when I use the Case ID, more than one week after the acknowledgment email assigning my application with a Case iD... :roll:

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm

ariskar wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

?

I have received acknowledgment for a week, but no biometric enrollment invitation letter yet.
The online checking service says: "Reference number not recognised" when I use the Case ID, more than one week after the acknowledgment email assigning my application with a Case iD... :roll:
Hi there, have you tried with the case no. that starts with a "2"? That should work. What does not work though is the online search form, so if you are a new applicant I expect your search would come up with "Reference number not recognised" as it seems the form is "cached" and has no ability to check the backend database. So, if you are new, you may have a case number but the form is simply not checking the database. Welcome to the club!

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello All. I applies 19.05.17 through NCS leeds. on 24.10.2017 received a letter from Homeoffice requesting original passports which i sent by special delivery with self addressed special delivery envelop. Today I checked online status showing awaiting decision so I emailed home to check what going on as I needed my original passports to travel soon. They replied within an hour saying we have posted my passports in same envelop which I sent. I tracked it but its not showing anything. Now I checked online status and it showing decided. At least its decided now and let see when Would I receive my documents. But bit worried as it was a special delivery envelop which should have been received by 1pm today.

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello All. I applies 19.05.17 through NCS leeds. on 24.10.2017 received a letter from Homeoffice requesting original passports which i sent by special delivery with self addressed special delivery envelop. Today I checked online status showing awaiting decision so I emailed home to check what going on as I needed my original passports to travel soon. They replied within an hour saying we have posted my passports in same envelop which I sent. I tracked it but its not showing anything. Now I checked online status and it showing decided. At least its decided now and let see when Would I receive my documents. But bit worried as it was a special delivery envelop which should have been received by 1pm today.
so now it shows "Decided". Good for you, but seems strange as the form doesn't appear to be working for most of us...

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
so now it shows "Decided". Good for you, but seems strange as the form doesn't appear to be working for most of us...
There's a lot of speculation about this form and its accuracy. Some are suggesting that it only gets updated once a day during midday as a batch job.

I suspect there are issues with it as it just a trial service. I don't think the HO sees this online check as a priority even though we might feel is. At the minute it does not show the date of the status change like it used to - which suggests that either some of the data isn't coming through or they simply removed the date information so you simply can't tell when something has changed (this is more likely).

This does all add to the frustration of an already convoluted process.

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm

dhyperion wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm
baccus99 wrote:
amehmood04916 wrote:
There's a lot of speculation about this form and its accuracy. Some are suggesting that it only gets updated once a day during midday as a batch job.

I suspect there are issues with it as it just a trial service. I don't think the HO sees this online check as a priority even though we might feel is. At the minute it does not show the date of the status change like it used to - which suggests that either some of the data isn't coming through or they simply removed the date information so you simply can't tell when something has changed (this is more likely).

Completely agree with you...but surely they would be inundated with email requests for updates when a form is meant to keep us little people to do self-service? :)

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm
dhyperion wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm
baccus99 wrote:
amehmood04916 wrote:

Completely agree with you...but surely they would be inundated with email requests for updates when a form is meant to keep us little people to do self-service? :)
They probably get inundated with requests for updates anyway I suspect and they just choose to ignore them. Never forget who you're dealing with here!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm

They probably get inundated with requests for updates anyway I suspect and they just choose to ignore them. Never forget who you're dealing with here!
[/quote]

It's circular isn't it, if they had a better system which let you know where they were in the process people wouldn't contact them but they don't so we contact them and delay them even more...

I was lucky to get told no more documents are required of me it seems, at least I know that

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Amehmood,

May I ask which email address did you use? I'm just shocked they replied in 1 day. Just FYI As for the returned original documents. My documents were returned also in my special delivery envelope on 2.11. with decision letter inside dated 30.10. I was able to track it on 1.11. on royal mail website.... but online status is still showing awaiting a decision. I'm now waiting for a seperate letter with invitation.

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm
It's circular isn't it, if they had a better system which let you know where they were in the process people wouldn't contact them but they don't so we contact them and delay them even more...

I was lucky to get told no more documents are required of me it seems, at least I know that
[/quote]

Yes, I agree. We should have some online access to parts of the workflow which shows which stage the application is at - it would make things much simpler.

This online checking tool is fine (if it works) but it gives you very little/no information which is why people end up emailing and asking what the status is.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:48 pm

abigail2 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
Amehmood,

May I ask which email address did you use? I'm just shocked they replied in 1 day. Just FYI As for the returned original documents. My documents were returned also in my special delivery envelope on 2.11. with decision letter inside dated 30.10. I was able to track it on 1.11. on royal mail website.... but online status is still showing awaiting a decision. I'm now waiting for a seperate letter with invitation.
HY
I emailed to 'NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' and I was shocked as well that they replied within an hour. But worry for me now is that I can't track mine. In email they even repeated tracking number which I already had. I rang royal mail and they said some one at home office might have put that special delivery envelop with normal mail so couldn't be scanned hence no tracking but I will receive eventually.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:48 pm
abigail2 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
Amehmood,

HY
I emailed to 'NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' and I was shocked as well that they replied within an hour. But worry for me now is that I can't track mine. In email they even repeated tracking number which I already had. I rang royal mail and they said some one at home office might have put that special delivery envelop with normal mail so couldn't be scanned hence no tracking but I will receive eventually.
I used the citizenshipsupport one and it took a couple of days. I might try this one next time

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:06 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm
ariskar wrote:

?

Hi there, have you tried with the case no. that starts with a "2"? That should work. What does not work though is the online search form, so if you are a new applicant I expect your search would come up with "Reference number not recognised" as it seems the form is "cached" and has no ability to check the backend database. So, if you are new, you may have a case number but the form is simply not checking the database. Welcome to the club!
This is exactly my experience too, using Case ID starting with a "2". "Reference number not recognised"

I got acknowledgement and money off account, also post letter on 31/10/2017 and 8 days later no update on the website or biometric request letter...

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 am

ariskar wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:06 pm
baccus99 wrote:
ariskar wrote:

?

This is exactly my experience too, using Case ID starting with a "2". "Reference number not recognised"

I got acknowledgement and money off account, also post letter on 31/10/2017 and 8 days later no update on the website or biometric request letter...
Hi Ariskar,

I would interpret this as they seem to be having 2 issues:

1) The online form is not working, intentionally or not, that is now deemed useless to all of us. The search speed is clear evidence that they used to do a batch upload probably once daily as some suggested and possibly a subset of the database records are uploaded which only contain statuses (used to also contain the field "Last updated on:" which it has by now been removed). It looks like the last upload happened some 10/15 days ago and it has remained "static" since. Evidence: people have received the acceptance letters in the meantime and also invitation to the ceremony and despite all that, the online status still shows their individual applications still at "Awaiting a decision" whereas it should say "Decided".
I am talking from an IT perspective: no search form that interrogates back-end databases returns results at the speed this one does, indicating that it is not a real-time search, but based on an uploaded subset of records. in other words, do not rely on this at all.

2) They appear to be struggling with the mail. It takes a long time for letters to be issued and then you have the additional 2nd class stamping which adds another week or so for it to arrive to you in a brown envelope which looks like junk mail.

If you have applied in the last 2-3 weeks, I would say "hold tight and it will arrive". When I submitted mine at the end of Aug, the NCS lady set the expectations that in about 1 month I would be called up for Biometrics. In fact it took 5 days for the letter to arrive and the following day for me to enroll my Biometrics information. Yesterday it was 2 months since I did that and have not heard a thing and my application still says "Awaiting a decision". Be patient!

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 am

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 am
ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:
ariskar wrote:

?

Hi Ariskar,

1) The online form is not working, intentionally or not, that is now deemed useless to all of us. The search speed is clear evidence that they used to do a batch upload probably once daily as some suggested and possibly a subset of the database records are uploaded which only contain statuses (used to also contain the field "Last updated on:" which it has by now been removed). It looks like the last upload happened some 10/15 days ago and it has remained "static" since. Evidence: people have received the acceptance letters in the meantime and also invitation to the ceremony and despite all that, the online status still shows their individual applications still at "Awaiting a decision" whereas it should say "Decided".
I am talking from an IT perspective: no search form that interrogates back-end databases returns results at the speed this one does, indicating that it is not a real-time search, but based on an uploaded subset of records. in other words, do not rely on this at all.

2) They appear to be struggling with the mail. It takes a long time for letters to be issued and then you have the additional 2nd class stamping which adds another week or so for it to arrive to you in a brown envelope which looks like junk mail.

If you have applied in the last 2-3 weeks, I would say "hold tight and it will arrive". When I submitted mine at the end of Aug, the NCS lady set the expectations that in about 1 month I would be called up for Biometrics. In fact it took 5 days for the letter to arrive and the following day for me to enroll my Biometrics information. Yesterday it was 2 months since I did that and have not heard a thing and my application still says "Awaiting a decision". Be patient!
Thank you for your input and interpretation my friend.

I totally agree with point "1". What you mention makes absolute sense from an IT/Static vs Dyanmic Database query perspective and is a smart way to look at the issue. Additional points you mention further demonstrate periodic updating of the Cases database.

2) I looked at several of this forum cases and estimated the biometric enrollment letter arrival date as 1-5 days after arrival of the acknowledgment (post) letter or 2-7 days from the arrival of acknowledgment email (with first Case ID mention) or 2-7 days from debiting the bank card for the application fee (GBP-1282).

It has particular impact in my case due to work related travel.

As part of my work I do regular 1-2 week travel overseas and I hoped to have timed this properly, in order to avoid delays of the application on my end, or risking running out of biometric enrollment time (in case the letter date is much earlier than post delivery date). Application received 25/10 (JCAP-NCS Special Delivery arrival), monies were taken 31/10, email on 1/11 and the acknowledgment letter by post received 02/11, dated 31/10. I aim to travel out of UK the coming Sunday 12/11 for several days and could enroll till Saturday 11/11, 5pm... This is the reason why I am somewhat stressed with timing and status updates so early in the process. For sure, I will have to wait 1.5 - 5 months after submitting biometrics...

Thanks once again baccus99 for the intelligent observations and wishing you the best with your application!

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

ariskar wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 am
baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 am
ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:

Hi Ariskar,

Thank you for your input and interpretation my friend.

I totally agree with point "1". What you mention makes absolute sense from an IT/Static vs Dyanmic Database query perspective and is a smart way to look at the issue. Additional points you mention further demonstrate periodic updating of the Cases database.

2) I looked at several of this forum cases and estimated the biometric enrollment letter arrival date as 1-5 days after arrival of the acknowledgment (post) letter or 2-7 days from the arrival of acknowledgment email (with first Case ID mention) or 2-7 days from debiting the bank card for the application fee (GBP-1282).

It has particular impact in my case due to work related travel.

As part of my work I do regular 1-2 week travel overseas and I hoped to have timed this properly, in order to avoid delays of the application on my end, or risking running out of biometric enrollment time (in case the letter date is much earlier than post delivery date). Application received 25/10 (JCAP-NCS Special Delivery arrival), monies were taken 31/10, email on 1/11 and the acknowledgment letter by post received 02/11, dated 31/10. I aim to travel out of UK the coming Sunday 12/11 for several days and could enroll till Saturday 11/11, 5pm... This is the reason why I am somewhat stressed with timing and status updates so early in the process. For sure, I will have to wait 1.5 - 5 months after submitting biometrics...

Thanks once again baccus99 for the intelligent observations and wishing you the best with your application!
Hi again Ariskar,

it seems bizarre that you have not received the biometric enrollment letter with the acknowledgement letter for your application! Mine was contained in the same envelope and requested me to submit biometrics within a 15 days timeframe. Are you 100% sure the letter does not include it? That seems odd, but then again I could have been lucky in terms of lower submissions in the Aug/Sept timeframe and I have seen corresponding applications being dealt with on the same impetus as with mine.
Can I ask: are you EU or non-EU? If the latter I guess you have a BRP already and maybe the process is different. As I am EU, I didn't have any BRP and tehy must collect biometrics for all applicants anyhow..

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am

ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:
ariskar wrote:

?

I found that the online checking tool (if it works...) does not give you a status for your case id until you have submitted the biometric readings. Once you submit those give it a day or two and it should update (again, if it works as expected).

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 am

dhyperion wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am
ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:
ariskar wrote:

?

I found that the online checking tool (if it works...) does not give you a status for your case id until you have submitted the biometric readings. Once you submit those give it a day or two and it should update (again, if it works as expected).
Not sure about this: on the day my money was taken (01/09) using the case ID in the email I received at the same time, I was already able to track it. I did not get the biometrics done until a week later. Like you said, if the form works which clearly doesn't at the moment.

chyke82
Newly Registered

Post by chyke82 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am

Applied on 14th June 2017 via NCS Camden and has been "awaiting decision" for ever, sent an email to UKVI yesterday, and today got a reply saying my application is with a caseworker and i will be notified with a decision within 3 weeks :|

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am

chyke82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am
Applied on 14th June 2017 via NCS Camden and has been "awaiting decision" for ever, sent an email to UKVI yesterday, and today got a reply saying my application is with a caseworker and i will be notified with a decision within 3 weeks :|
At least you have a timeframe now, this is progress!

hasssssssan
Newly Registered

Post by hasssssssan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am

chyke82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am

Can I have thier email plz and the letter you sent them. Am just depressed and lazy :( got board of waiting.