ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

notty

soooooo confused

Post by notty » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:06 am

it means i have to show the bank statement as well
in my country the tax year is September to September, and my job period is from August 05 to December 06.

so i am really confused now, could u plz clear this to me,
i have to submit the bank statement or not

Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list
of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This
is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a
fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for
which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they
exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore
be cautious about using such documentation unless they are
satisfied that that it details the exact amount of earnings for
which they are claiming points.

2) so it means that i have to do an English Language Course.
hsmpinuk70 wrote:Sorry doc, but I tend to disagree.

1. Tax documents, from employer or tax authorities, can rarely be used as independent evidence of previous income. Read para 110 point 4 carefully.

2. NARIC letter of comparability does not prove that your degree was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR). So a NARIC letter won't help.

Can you provide the link to the "relaxation" regarding English Language Requirements that you mentioned??

regards
gidoc wrote:Notty,
Here is a helpful answer:
1. You need two ' separate' sources of documenst for previous earnings. If tax document and pay slips are from the employer then they count as one source, if that is so then you need bank statements as well.
2. For English your degress will suffice. Read the latest on the website about relaxing the requirement if you cant get a letter from NARIC, which you have anyway.
Hope this is helpful

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:08 am

only speaking for myself here ...

My spouse recently applied for extension and we sent the entire application form, filling in only the relevent sections and leaving the others blank.

regards
Technonerve wrote:Guys one question i dunno if it was asked before:
When applying to Tier 1 do we need to send the complete application (40 pages) I mean if we r for example first timer, shall we send section 3b and 3c blank or we don't send it at all? stupid question i know because i sent the application as it is and i only filled section 3a as it apply to my case. just figuring out if that is the cause of the confusion.
thanks

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for answering,
I am just wondering about my case that's y, i still can't understand y i was asked to fill a section in 3c that doesn't apply to my case, but it's just only brain masturbating, can't predict anymore.... need to wait i think.The logic anyway says that u need to send everything for the simple reason that section AA is on page 34 which contains the last part of section 3c too. Again it's just someone getting fed up and stressed sorry guys.
sushdmehta wrote:only speaking for myself here ...

My spouse recently applied for extension and we sent the entire application form, filling in only the relevent sections and leaving the others blank.

regards
Technonerve wrote:Guys one question i dunno if it was asked before:
When applying to Tier 1 do we need to send the complete application (40 pages) I mean if we r for example first timer, shall we send section 3b and 3c blank or we don't send it at all? stupid question i know because i sent the application as it is and i only filled section 3a as it apply to my case. just figuring out if that is the cause of the confusion.
thanks

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 am

Last question guys i promise,
Did someone before managed to speak with a caseworker? and how? my letter states that i can contact the person who sent me the letter by phone given above, but this number is the same general number, i am concerned if the person that is going to answer me will be kind enough to put me through the person i need to talk to.
Any hints?

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: soooooo confused

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:48 am

notty wrote:so i am really confused now, could u plz clear this to me,
To be honest, you should defintely apply through a consultant.

You asked the exact same questions a week or so before and inspite of being advised that you read through the guidance notes and inspite of being given clear cut explanations to your questions, you have come back again with exactly the same questions to be spoon-fed .
May 22nd
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168932
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168936
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#169004
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#169031
May 31st
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171003
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171006
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171016
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171026

Well looks like you haven't learnt in the previous two rounds, so let's give a try yet again:

1. You know you never deposited your salary in the bank but you want others to tell you whether you need bank statements or not.
notty wrote:but i dont have bank statement, because i never deposit my salary in bank
What purpose will any answer solve when there is no way you can produce bank statements as evidence??

2. You can't still determine whether tax documents can (or cannot) be used in your case even though you have supposedly read through the paragraph which mentions that " ... that tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed."
notty wrote:in my country the tax year is September to September, and my job period is from August 05 to December 06
You can use the tax documents as evidence only if the income claim period is Sep-Sep. and if this Sep-Sep period falls in the 15 month window. Isn't that simple enough??

3. Inspite of already being advised that NARIC letter or letter from University might not be sufficient and that you should use the self-assessment tool to check if your degree from Preston University meets the English Language Requirements, you haven't bothered to do so. All you want is someone to tell you that you do/don't need to take english exam.
notty wrote:so it means that i have to do an English Language Course
If self-assessment tool says that you meet the language requirements through your qualification, you don't need to write any exam. But if it doesn't list your qualification as meeting the requirement, then go book an exam. Simple, isn't it ??
"How to use self-assessment tool for checking english language requirements" tutorial here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26988

And all that sweet talk of a friend's solicitor telling you this and that, confusing you all over again. All bull, isn't it ?? Grow up bro, you are applying for "highly skilled" category.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:13 am

I think Tier 1 application is very clear and straight forward.. The guidance document is also very straightforward and there is no confusion anywhere. I think there should not be more than handful of questions that also related to technical loopholes.

There should NOT be any confusion on earnings, points, education evidence etc... Wondering if people who are not able to fill Tier1 form themselves whether they can be taken as highly skilled or not.

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 am

hello friends

I would like to apply for Tier 1 in this month. First time iam applying for Tier 1 and also iam a student in UK. i read in home office website abt tier 1
under Tier 1 maintaince funds, it is showing that those who are applying for tier 1 from UK, You can show only 800 pounds balance for three months before 29 june 2008.

is this true to show only 800 pounds before 29 june 2008 who are applying for tier 1
experts please advice abt maintance funds who are applying for tier 1 from UK before 29 june 2008

iam waiting for ur valuable suggestions and ideas

thanks in advance
karthik

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:38 am

Karthik,
It does say so clearly in the opening page of guidance to Tir 1 Gen.
£800 as balance for any day within one month if you apply before 29/06/08, from UK.

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:53 am

hello friends

I would like to apply for Tier 1 in this month. First time iam applying for Tier 1 and also iam a student in UK. i read in home office website abt tier 1
under Tier 1 maintaince funds, it is showing that those who are applying for tier 1 from UK, You can show only 800 pounds balance for three months before 29 june 2008.
No need to show 2800 pounds balance for maintance funds? who are applying before 29 june 2008 from UK?
In the guidance, it is showing transitional arrangements for maintanance funds for tier 1 general applicant
i dont know what do u mean by transitional arrangements
since iam a student in UK and first time applying for tier1 whether it is applicable to me or not if u apply before 29 june 2008.
please advice me

is this true to show only 800 pounds before 29 june 2008 who are applying for tier 1
experts please advice abt maintance funds who are applying for tier 1 from UK before 29 june 2008

iam waiting for ur valuable suggestions and ideas

thanks in advance
karthik

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:14 am

Karthik

CAN YOU PLEASE ENSURE NOT TO PUT MULTIPLE POSTS. YOU HAVE PUT THIS SAME POST AT ABOUT 3 PLACES.

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am

hi vipul

thanks for replying me

pls can you advice me abt my situation after reading my post

iam waiting for ur reply

LifeisStruggle
Newly Registered

Post by LifeisStruggle » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:42 am

Karthik, just look one post up and your question has been answered.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Karthik, you need to have 800 pounds at the time of application. so basically if ur closing balance is £80, uwill be fine till 29th june for in country app

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Sorry guys, I am breaking my own rule and posting this again here as I think this is important for all who are either seeking advice or giving advice.

HSMP / Tier 1 is an expensive process, both financially and mentally, for any applicant. So it very important that we offer the right advice and with conclusive evidence, where possible. If one is not sure of the suggestion he is offering, make sure the OP is advised to check further with BIA / wait for more responses / search if answers are already available here.

Hope this is reasonable expectation since we all want to help and seek help as well (maybe later, but sure we all will need help in near future).
sushdmehta wrote:gidoc,

If you wish to give advice on this forum, please ensure that you offer the right one.

Why can't you use the same degree for both? Can you explain ?
gidoc wrote:Remember that you cant use the same degree for qualification and English as well.
In another post you advised another person the following:
gidoc wrote:Read the latest on the website about relaxing the requirement if you cant get a letter from NARIC.
Can you provide the link to this alleged relaxation?

Bro, don't misguide people by offering wrong information or without conclusive evidence.

regards
Originally posted here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171126

regards

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:15 pm

sory £800 EIGHT HUNDREAD

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Technonerve wrote:Thanks for the advise,
I did a cover letter which i am going to fax tomorrow FAO of the person who sent me the letter (hopefully the caseworker: i assume), and i did apologise for the AA section, and i did explain y i didn't fill Section Z under 3c and i clearly said that i filled Section M (which i am also faxing), and i carried on saying however and according to ur request i did also filled Section Z which i am attaching. I will call on Monday and try to speak directly to that person, but the number is the same for everybody, hoping that they r going to pass this person to me.
Will keep everyone updated, and everyone who is grinding his/her teeth from the stress of waiting :D
sushdmehta wrote:Make a cover note saying you do not need to complete the maintenance funds under section Z as you are making an initial application to Tier 1, and that the maintenance funds section relevant to your case is under section M which you have filled as required (assuming that you have done so). Apologize for not filling up section AA (public funds) in the first instance and that you are attaching the relevant pages.

I hope you haven't missed out anything else on the form and you are sure about that. If not, I would suggest you send the entire form (minus the payment pages) again requesting the person to pick out the relevant pages if anything else is found to be missing.

regards
I remember I fill in section 3c and leaving 3a and 3b blank because my previous leave is under HSMP category. If you said you are applying fresh Tier 1 (without prior HSMP stay or HSMP approval letter in hand) I think you fill section 3a. However, I sent all the blank section altogether.

notty

thanks but u knw....

Post by notty » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:15 pm

thanks for ur kind help, i am intelligent enough to understand all this but u know this is all about future so i dont want to take even 1% risk thats y i am asking questions coz of home office day by day changes, n here in uk i dnt have enough reliable contacts for better suggestion. thats y i am asking questions to make it sure before submitting my application.
thanks any way it is so help full.
thanks

hsmpinuk70 wrote:
notty wrote:so i am really confused now, could u plz clear this to me,
To be honest, you should defintely apply through a consultant.

You asked the exact same questions a week or so before and inspite of being advised that you read through the guidance notes and inspite of being given clear cut explanations to your questions, you have come back again with exactly the same questions to be spoon-fed .
May 22nd
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168932
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168936
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#169004
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#169031
May 31st
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171003
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171006
Q: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171016
A: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171026

Well looks like you haven't learnt in the previous two rounds, so let's give a try yet again:

1. You know you never deposited your salary in the bank but you want others to tell you whether you need bank statements or not.
notty wrote:but i dont have bank statement, because i never deposit my salary in bank
What purpose will any answer solve when there is no way you can produce bank statements as evidence??

2. You can't still determine whether tax documents can (or cannot) be used in your case even though you have supposedly read through the paragraph which mentions that " ... that tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed."
notty wrote:in my country the tax year is September to September, and my job period is from August 05 to December 06
You can use the tax documents as evidence only if the income claim period is Sep-Sep. and if this Sep-Sep period falls in the 15 month window. Isn't that simple enough??

3. Inspite of already being advised that NARIC letter or letter from University might not be sufficient and that you should use the self-assessment tool to check if your degree from Preston University meets the English Language Requirements, you haven't bothered to do so. All you want is someone to tell you that you do/don't need to take english exam.
notty wrote:so it means that i have to do an English Language Course
If self-assessment tool says that you meet the language requirements through your qualification, you don't need to write any exam. But if it doesn't list your qualification as meeting the requirement, then go book an exam. Simple, isn't it ??
"How to use self-assessment tool for checking english language requirements" tutorial here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26988

And all that sweet talk of a friend's solicitor telling you this and that, confusing you all over again. All bull, isn't it ?? Grow up bro, you are applying for "highly skilled" category.

regards

k_v
Newly Registered

Post by k_v » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi all,
Received the passport with 3 years stamping. :lol:
Thanks to all the forum members. Forum has been very useful and informative.

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 with valid approval letter )
Applied on: April 24
Payment on: April 28
Ref. Letter received: April 28
Decision on: 24th April
Documents received on: 31st April

feigoronin

Hi

Post by feigoronin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 am

Hi k_v,
Congrats. You seem to have received the approval within a week, are you sure the dates that you have put are correct? Did you request for an urgent treatment?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 am

Congrats k_v,
April had only 30 days. This should be May. I believe this week we should have all the approvals for ppl applied between 20th and 30th May.
venkmano, fergronin, Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, LifeIsStruggle, Beever, coldepps, headley in UK, please share the news as soon as you all get it! and all the best!

k_v
Newly Registered

Post by k_v » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 am

Hi All,
Sorry :? to have confused you about the dates.

Please read the details as below;

Decision on: 24th May
Documents received on: 31st May

All the best to the people waiting..
..cheers :)
k_v wrote:Hi all,
Received the passport with 3 years stamping. :lol:
Thanks to all the forum members. Forum has been very useful and informative.

Decision on: 24th April
Documents received on: 31st April

chakde23

SECTION AA1 - DO COMPLETE IT !!! ALL APPLICANTS !

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Headley,

Just to update you - i heard this morning ( 8.20 am ) from my caseworker stating i have not completed section AA ( public funds ), hence he asked me to tick either yes or no and email it to him asap . It was indeed nice of him to have called instead of sending letter , etc !

I asked him if any other information is pending or if everthing else is fine & he said he is just doing the initial checking of application and hence cant say anything as of now . When asked, how long it will take from this point - he said as soon as he has page 34 & he completes initial checking - it should not take long !

I guess from today onwards they have started working on my case & hopefully should get some news soon.....

BUT LETS ASK ALL NEW APPLICANTS TO COMPLETE SECTION AA - ( THOUGH ITS CONFUSING AS ONE WOULD MISS IT COMPLETELY AS ITS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE 34 )

[/b]

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Re: AHHHHH

Post by ceediddy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 am

Have called and was told to fax a letter to 01142076555 explaining why i need the case to be expedited...
If you call the Home office line and get through to a chap called MARVIN...just hang up..he is no help at all
kmore97 wrote:ceediddy,
i got a similar case. i have to go for hols in the beginning of july. Are you aware of how to get the passport back if the decision is not made before the hols?
ceediddy wrote:HI
was told i did not sign my dependants form.(am sure i did)...also even though i had sent 12months bank statements...i was told to send month 13....i think it was due to the fact that i changed jobs in month 1...so they wanted to see if income was same...
problem is i have hols planned for mid june...if no reply by next week...i have to get my passports back cos i have to do the trip
kmore97 wrote:ceediddy,
if it possible to share why HO asked you to send dependend's application form and bank statement 2nd? It will be useful for the forum - so that they don't make the same mistake.
thanks,
ceediddy wrote:Chaps have been ff the webchat with fear in my heart...
Applied on 18th april.....on 21st, recieved confirmation (the usual 28day dont call us stuff)
on the 19th of may recieved letter i should resend my dependants forms and latest statement of month ending april...
am still waiting till date......

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:16 am

Hi chakde23,

Could you share you application dates please.

-H

LifeisStruggle
Newly Registered

Re: My Timelines

Post by LifeisStruggle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 am

Hi Guys, I got good news from my agent today. Below are the details

My time line
Type of application : SEGS to Tier 1
Application Sent : 24/4/2008
Payment taken : 25/4/2008
Ref no dated : 25/04/2008
Ref number : PB30****
Decision: Approved
Received: 02/06/2008

Thanks to all those who keep this forum up as it is really a light house in dark :) . Good luck to all who are still waiting.

LifeisStruggle wrote:My time line
Type of application : SEGS to Tier 1
Application Sent : 24/4/2008
Payment taken : 25/4/2008
Ref no dated : 25/04/2008
Ref number : PB30****
Decision: awaited