ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

axeman85
Ghana

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by axeman85 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:33 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm
Hi guys, Is there anyone waiting for ceremony letter from Manchester council,Plz let me know if you get an update from them, I m not getting any news, I am waiting since may, And asking them when they gonna receive the 2nd batch of certificate coz my certificate was not in the 1st batch and they confirmed me that they have clear all the certificate what they receive last 3 weeks ago but why HO not sending in weeky basis they've no idea,Thanks.
Greetings brother I got approval end of July. Still waiting for ceremony letter from mcr Council...

Sent email 3 times and same reply that they haven't got certificate for me yet and will let me know when they have it + HO has not sent me a letter yet also...

Telephone number for mcr not connecting so am still waiting

nnn15
United Kingdom

Post by nnn15 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:43 am

Did anyone get a ceremony invitation letter this week?
Last couple of weeks there were people posting that they were getting letters, this week no one so far. I'm hoping the HO hasn't put it on hold again as the number of cases is going up again...

fandorin
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by fandorin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:52 am

chandu533 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:22 am
Hi. Does anyone here have any experience with citizenship ceremonies at Reading council?
Hi, Did you manage to find any information about ceremonies at Reading council? I'm also interesred.

Wastson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

Post by Wastson » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm

I don’t understand what the rise of Covid-19 case has to do with printing invitation letters and certificates? Print and send them and let the councils handle the ceremonies. Does HO think that councils are incompetent and unable to follow the guide lines??

If there is a will, there is a way: virtual ceremonies, physical ceremonies with social distancing, private ceremonies, etc. whatever … there are so many solutions but I think the will is not there.

I don’t think writing to the media will help. The BBC for example is totally ignoring the issue (I’m sure someone must have written to them).

Samib
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Samib » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm

For anyone living in the Aberdeenshire area, Aberdeenshire council have now restarted citizenship ceremonies. They’re offering either a private one or a virtual one.

baybars1
United Kingdom

Post by baybars1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Wastson wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm
I don’t understand what the rise of Covid-19 case has to do with printing invitation letters and certificates? Print and send them and let the councils handle the ceremonies. Does HO think that councils are incompetent and unable to follow the guide lines??

If there is a will, there is a way: virtual ceremonies, physical ceremonies with social distancing, private ceremonies, etc. whatever … there are so many solutions but I think the will is not there.

I don’t think writing to the media will help. The BBC for example is totally ignoring the issue (I’m sure someone must have written to them).
Well, I am aware of at least one local council where the backlog of certificates had been cleared cleared about a month ago and yet the Home Office has sent them no new certificates since the middle of March. How messed up is that!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Another week went by and didn’t hear of anyone receiving an invitation this or last week.

Maybe they only send them once a month.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Wastson wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Either the local councils only willing to store limited amount of certificates or the home office wont be able to print out certificates swiftly due to social distancing... The possibility of a second lockdown remains very high and I am pretty sure its ganna make the 8-12 weeks waiting time to end of this year or early next year.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 pm

I called my local council again and I was told that they've not received a batch of certificates this week and they hope to get one next week. So far, they only received certificates for people who were approved in March/early April (I was approved back in May). It seems like the HO isn't sending them as regularly as we would hope for.

Wahidwadid
United Kingdom

Post by Wahidwadid » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:11 am

Lopand wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 pm
I called my local council again and I was told that they've not received a batch of certificates this week and they hope to get one next week. So far, they only received certificates for people who were approved in March/early April (I was approved back in May). It seems like the HO isn't sending them as regularly as we would hope for.
Hi Lopand,If I not wrong r u from mcr council?Coz my mcr council told me the same they received march and April 3 weeks ago, But they not sure when they going to receive the 2nd batch, They said it will be date order, Which one i really didn't understand what's the date order.Did u get the news from them that they expecting 2nd batch next week?If you get any more update let me know please.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:46 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:11 am
Lopand wrote:
Hi Lopand,If I not wrong r u from mcr council?Coz my mcr council told me the same they received march and April 3 weeks ago, But they not sure when they going to receive the 2nd batch, They said it will be date order, Which one i really didn't understand what's the date order.Did u get the news from them that they expecting 2nd batch next week?If you get any more update let me know please.
No, I'm from Barnet. They told me over the phone that they expect the next batch to arrive next week.

Wahidwadid
United Kingdom

Post by Wahidwadid » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Lopand wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:46 am
Wahidwadid wrote:
Lopand wrote:
No, I'm from Barnet. They told me over the phone that they expect the next batch to arrive next week.
Ohh sorry Lopand. I m in a bit stress, Waiting since may still don't know when they going to receive the 2nd batch and my certificate will be there or not.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Lopand wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:46 am
Wahidwadid wrote:
Lopand wrote:
Which phone number have u called? The only number from the council's website mentioned that we should only call if we got the invitation letter.

N1234
United Kingdom

Post by N1234 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am

I got my approval through email on the 3rd of July and dated the 3rd aswell. I called the council and emailed couple times since and no update. Last contact I made was on the 20th of august. since everyone been saying 7-12 weeks. This week is my 12th week. Fingers cross I hear something this week or next week. My council is Nottingham city council. anyone from heard from Nottingham council as to if they have been receiving certificate and if they have cleared their back log :|

Laplap20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Laplap20 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:13 pm

So I made my application on 24th March, Biometricts firstweek June, approval letter by email on 19th June dated 19th June.

I contacted my case work team a few times since then for an update and always received a reply on the same day or next day!

No invitation letter to date, so sent an email to my case work team on on Friday evening 18/09 and got a reply on Monday morning 21/09. This was a clear human reply and always has been. I specifically asked for a date on when my invitation will be sent out.

This is the reply in their own words:

"Hi. Your case will be dealt with in date order along with the other cases. We will forward your invitation when we reach it. Due to the amount of cases in the back-log we cannot tell you when this will be. We have to be fair to all applicants and therefore it is a question of waiting for your ceremony letter to be sent out."

But my question is, based on many other posts here, it doesn't seem to be invitation letters are sent out in date order. Some people approved in August already received their invitation letter.

N1234
United Kingdom

Post by N1234 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:34 pm

N1234 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am
I got my approval through email on the 3rd of July and dated the 3rd aswell. I called the council and emailed couple times since and no update. Last contact I made was on the 20th of august. since everyone been saying 7-12 weeks. This week is my 12th week. Fingers cross I hear something this week or next week. My council is Nottingham city council. anyone from heard from Nottingham council as to if they have been receiving certificate and if they have cleared their back log :|
Just sent another email, I sent a list of questions and I got a reply, this is only specific to Nottingham council.

Will there be virtual ceremony like other council are doing? No, we are still holding group ceremonies with restricted numbers.

Has the backlog been cleared? If not, what’s the latest month of approval received? Not yet, we are currently receiving certificates for those who were granted citizenship in May.

Have you been receiving a weekly certificates from home office or has that stopped due to current restrictions? Varies from week to week. Usually a batch arrives every 4 weeks

Could you also check if my certificate is in the batch received this week? Good news…..Your certificate has just arrived…..we will be in touch in due course to book you in. Please provide a telephone number and home address.

I look forward to hearing from you. I appreciate your help and thank you advance.

I am really excited just small step closer, I still haven't received invitation letter so I don't know how that will affect me booking the ceremony. brief timeline is for those who don't have account, application sent on 23 dec 2019 and approved 3rd July 2020 by email.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm

N1234 wrote:
It's not 8-12 weeks since you've been approved, it's 8-12 weeks since they restarted printing the certificates on August 7th (I got approved in May and still waiting).

TheTraveller
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by TheTraveller » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:19 pm

Is there anyone received an invitation this week or last week?

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Lopand wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm
N1234 wrote:
It's not 8-12 weeks since you've been approved, it's 8-12 weeks since they restarted printing the certificates on August 7th (I got approved in May and still waiting).
HI,

In several posts I read that it will take 8-12 weeks from 7 Aug to get the invitation letter, however, I can't find any such circular. In my approval-letter, it is mentioned it might take 12 weeks to get the invitation letter so I think it is from the day of approval otherwise the HO should have mentioned differently. Where did you read the news about HO sending the invitation letter 8-12 weeks from 7 Aug? Thank you for your time.

BW

Tirinti
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tirinti » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm starting to believe it is actually random. They answered N1234 they receiving certificates from May, but they also received his from July. I think it is 8-12 weeks from 8-12 weeks before certificate is printed.

N1234
United Kingdom

Post by N1234 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:22 pm

tauqeer81 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Lopand wrote:
N1234 wrote:
HI,

In several posts I read that it will take 8-12 weeks from 7 Aug to get the invitation letter, however, I can't find any such circular. In my approval-letter, it is mentioned it might take 12 weeks to get the invitation letter so I think it is from the day of approval otherwise the HO should have mentioned differently. Where did you read the news about HO sending the invitation letter 8-12 weeks from 7 Aug? Thank you for your time.

BW
I didn't read it anywhere officially. I have only seen it from peoples post here. I emailed my council they told me they have received my certificate, based on the 7-12 weeks from approval date seems to hold up for me as this is my 11th week and 3 days. Also if the theory is 7-12 weeks from the 7th of august then I have been waiting 6 weeks and 3 days and if the invitation letter arrives this week or next week that holds up too. It doesn't seem to be any order as far as who receives it. I assume they are probably sending invitation concurrently. One that is normal timeline and the second that goes through the backlog. They would all be sent at the same time, but very few from the back log and all from the normal timeline. Ofcourse this all speculation but if I had a backlog that's I would deal with it or I would imagine companies would deal with it. for them it's either they are stuck in constant backlog or just put a bunch of customers wait. I haven't seen any complaints from march and April so we can say they seem to be in may. May and June will be next, good luck.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:37 pm

tauqeer81 wrote:
Lopand wrote:
N1234 wrote:
HI,

BW
I called the HO and they clarified that it's 8-12 weeks from August 7th. As you can see, many of us (including me) have been waiting for the invitation since May, so obviously it's not from the date of approval.

akagk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by akagk » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi All,

I received my approval letter on the 29th May 2020, but I have not received any ceremony invitation letter yet. I live in Lancashire. When I called the council they told me they cannot do anything if I do not get the letter from the home office. Any similar experiences from this area?

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Lopand wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:37 pm
tauqeer81 wrote:
Lopand wrote:
N1234 wrote:
HI,

BW
I called the HO and they clarified that it's 8-12 weeks from August 7th. As you can see, many of us (including me) have been waiting for the invitation since May, so obviously it's not from the date of approval.
Thank you for sharing this information.

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I did receive an email from the Bromley council, today they did receive my certificate from HO.
I booked my Ceremony for 13th of October. I haven’t received an invitation letter yet, hopefully it will arrive any day soon.
Applied on 29/01/2020
Approved on 20/05/2020
Good luck to all of you!