ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ket1

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Ket1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm

reeree wrote:I am wondering..

Those who were granted a visa - were they informed in the email that ur 'visa has been granted & ur documents will be ready to collect'..

So in our case.. As they have not mentioned - does this mean it has been refused? :/

Ket1 - is the above email similar to what they sent to you bfr RFC?
hun they tel evryone th same thng regardless so dnt stress
and yh they said a decison was made ... and then wait to be called x
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

reeree

Post by reeree » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 pm

alil2014 wrote:

Those who were granted a visa - were they informed in the email that ur 'visa has been granted & ur documents will be ready to collect'..

So in our case.. As they have not mentioned - does this mean it has been refused? :/

I don't think they would tell you over the phone. Even when you email UKVI they would only know that a decision has been made and not if it's been rejected or granted. Keep your hopes up and inshallah in the next few weeks you will get a positive response.

On a side note I spoke to my cousin who applied in June 2013 and his application was still under process as of yesterday. So all this talk from UKVI that they are processing in date order isn't true.

Wow.. June 2013??
Thats a long time to be waiting! :/
Was his application on hold? Or did they advise any reason for the delay?
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

reeree

Post by reeree » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:23 pm

reeree sweetheart i am totally heartbroken its damaged my confidence so bad and im sacred to re apply :( thank u for ur kind words huni x
this is gud news i honeslty prey from th bottom of my heart its gud news i never want anyone to go thru this pain x[/quote]

Awwhh :(
I can understand - this must be soo tough for u esp working 3 jobs. May Allah swt ease ur pain & suffering.
I hope this time ur successful In sha Allah..
Try to mke ur case as strong as possible when u re-apply.
Explain that ur working 3 jobs to make ends meet until ur husband comes over & u need his support!

Praying for u always xxx
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:29 pm

reeree wrote:reeree sweetheart i am totally heartbroken its damaged my confidence so bad and im sacred to re apply :( thank u for ur kind words huni x
this is gud news i honeslty prey from th bottom of my heart its gud news i never want anyone to go thru this pain x

I can understand - this must be soo tough for u esp working 3 jobs. May Allah swt ease ur pain & suffering.
Explain that ur working 3 jobs to make ends meet until ur husband comes over & u need his support!

Praying for u always xxx[/quote]

Don't mention you need his support as your are sponsor and technically you are committing to take care of your spouse for all the period till the ILR is granted i.e. 5 years. (I understand once he join you in UK, INSHA'ALLAH very soon. He'll get a good job and you won't have to work 3 jobs, but that's not a point to make unless he has some kind of job offer which you can attach with your application.)

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 pm

reeree wrote:
alil2014 wrote:

I don't think they would tell you over the phone. Even when you email UKVI they would only know that a decision has been made and not if it's been rejected or granted. Keep your hopes up and inshallah in the next few weeks you will get a positive response.

On a side note I spoke to my cousin who applied in June 2013 and his application was still under process as of yesterday. So all this talk from UKVI that they are processing in date order isn't true.

Wow.. June 2013??
Thats a long time to be waiting! :/
Was his application on hold? Or did they advise any reason for the delay?
He is on hold due to income threshold as most other applicants. He recieved a letter/ email stating that he was on hold last October.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Salam guys

sorry to hear about all the heartbreak
I just came across this board yesterday ... :( wish I hadn't , its got me all nervous and confused.

can I ask for some quick advice?

I got married in April in Pak and my wife (in PAK) is going to submit the application now.

She needs to book the appointment and Lahore would be closest but the message on the gerrys website says LAHORE VAC has technical issues which would result in a delay in the application.

I phoned the immigration helpline today and the guy told me the 'technical issues' should be sorted out within the next couple of days. But frankly I don't believe him.

I asked him why are people waiting for decisions since 2013? he could not provide a suitable answer.

Do you guys think there is any advantage to booking the appointment in Islamabad?

So far I have been going by the official times stated on the UK immigration website stating like 120 days tops. But now I see the reality that people are waiting a lot longer than that.

Anyway should my wife submit at Lahore in knowledge of 'technical issues' faced at that VAC?

thanks

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm

For the next few months all decision making centes will have longer visa processing times whilst they complete the applicants that were on hold. I don't think it would make much difference where you apply from but Lahore centre is having problems at the moment and Gerry's are advising to use alternative centres if possible

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 pm

@ Blitheringking I would personally advise you to use Islamabad, I applied in December 2013 from Mirpur and still waiting but I have had lots of family and friends applied from Islamabad who have applied after me and already had their answers.

As there are technical issues it is best to avoid Lahore, hope this answers your query, and don't worry every case is an individual case In'Shaa'Allah urs won't take that long, keep a positive mind, all will be well.

Sahar.ali22

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Any rfc june 2013 applicants ? Who is waiting june 2013 ?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:26 pm

reeree wrote:reeree sweetheart i am totally heartbroken its damaged my confidence so bad and im sacred to re apply :( thank u for ur kind words huni x
this is gud news i honeslty prey from th bottom of my heart its gud news i never want anyone to go thru this pain x

Praying for u always xxx[/quote]
Thank u huni inshallah x

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 pm

networkers wrote:

Praying for u always xxx
Don't mention you need his support as your are sponsor and technically you are committing to take care of your spouse for all the period till the ILR is granted i.e. 5 years. (I understand once he join you in UK, INSHA'ALLAH very soon. He'll get a good job and you won't have to work 3 jobs, but that's not a point to make unless he has some kind of job offer which you can attach with your application.)[/quote]
Thank u so much i appreciate it and inshallah i have a job offer letter for him. Still cannot decide wich center to submit as lahore is near to me but its having some issues :/

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Ket1 wrote:
networkers wrote:

Praying for u always xxx
Don't mention you need his support as your are sponsor and technically you are committing to take care of your spouse for all the period till the ILR is granted i.e. 5 years. (I understand once he join you in UK, INSHA'ALLAH very soon. He'll get a good job and you won't have to work 3 jobs, but that's not a point to make unless he has some kind of job offer which you can attach with your application.)
Thank u so much i appreciate it and inshallah i have a job offer letter for him. Still cannot decide wich center to submit as lahore is near to me but its having some issues :/[/quote]

All the best, if you can submit in Islamabad it will be great as in this way you'll avoid all practically avoidable delays.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

All the best, if you can submit in Islamabad it will be great as in this way you'll avoid all practically avoidable delays.[/quote]
Thank u so much! Islamabd is 5 hours away :( the journey kills me!

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 pm

alil2014 wrote:For the next few months all decision making centes will have longer visa processing times whilst they complete the applicants that were on hold. I don't think it would make much difference where you apply from but Lahore centre is having problems at the moment and Gerry's are advising to use alternative centres if possible
How do you know? Where did you get this information from? And if you have a link then please post it. I really want to know where people get this type of information from. Thank you.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Ket1 wrote:All the best, if you can submit in Islamabad it will be great as in this way you'll avoid all practically avoidable delays.
Thank u so much! Islamabd is 5 hours away :( the journey kills me![/quote]

Its certainly not convenient to travel 5 hours, but when you already know there are issues and they are recommending themselves to use different centre if possible then in this case it will be wise to travel to Islamabad. (INSHA'ALLAH it will pay back the effort).

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi guys where can i get this marriage certificate from?? As i only have my marriage Nikha nama in english and urdu. ? Thanku x

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 pm

arslan123 wrote:Hi guys where can i get this marriage certificate from?? As i only have my marriage Nikha nama in english and urdu. ? Thanku x

From Union council office.

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:14 pm

networkers wrote:
arslan123 wrote:Hi guys where can i get this marriage certificate from?? As i only have my marriage Nikha nama in english and urdu. ? Thanku x

From Union council office.
So they issue you One straight away and how much does It cost from pakistan?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:41 pm

AMRKHN wrote:
alil2014 wrote:For the next few months all decision making centes will have longer visa processing times whilst they complete the applicants that were on hold. I don't think it would make much difference where you apply from but Lahore centre is having problems at the moment and Gerry's are advising to use alternative centres if possible
How do you know? Where did you get this information from? And if you have a link then please post it. I really want to know where people get this type of information from. Thank you.
Hi I did post the link in one of my previous posts but here you go:
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... ment-visas

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am

AMRKHN wrote:

Here you go https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... ment-visas

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) team in Islamabad has started to process the backlog of settlement visa applications in date order.
UK Visas and immigration
Customers may be aware that a large number of settlement applications were placed on hold following a legal challenge in the UK courts. Since the conclusion of this case on 11 July 2014, the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) team in Islamabad has started to process these applications in date order.

Our Customer Service Standard for processing new settlement visa applications, as of September 2014, is currently 60 working days. Unfortunately, whilst we clear the backlog of cases which were put on hold as a result of this court case, customers making new applications for settlement visas may have to wait several additional months. We apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst this backlog is cleared
Last edited by sami3 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 am

@Ket sis Good luck with your new application. I am glad that you are taking a break from work and going to see your husband soon inshAllah

Stay safe sis

Our prayers are always with you :)

aazz786
Newly Registered

Post by aazz786 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:03 am

Salam Everyone.

Background I was divorced a have to children to ex-wife in UK.
I married a widow in Pakistan and have step son under 10.
I met the £23k+ minimum salary.

Quite a complex case compared to most, as soon as 6 months was up, contacted via, email, and telephone for updates, answer each time still under process.

Contacted MP and finally a reply came back to say unto 8 weeks, due to back log plus the court case that paved the way for 4000on holds to be refused.

Then out the blue wife got call to say come pick up documents in Lahore.

Prays were answered both my wife and step son were granted visa no questions asked.

Just want to give hope to others who applied Dec/Jan gone, they just messed up and if you not heard anything then its good news, because if they had a reason to refuse you they would have been in contact.

Good Luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/14 - Applied in Lahore
25/07/14 - 2 update requested by MP - told up 8 weeks after 3 weeks to reply
01/09/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
02/09/14 - Visa Granted!

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 am

networkers wrote:
Ket1 wrote:All the best, if you can submit in Islamabad it will be great as in this way you'll avoid all practically avoidable delays.
Thank u so much! Islamabd is 5 hours away :( the journey kills me!
Its certainly not convenient to travel 5 hours, but when you already know there are issues and they are recommending themselves to use different centre if possible then in this case it will be wise to travel to Islamabad. (INSHA'ALLAH it will pay back the effort).[/quote]
Yh ur ryt inshallah wil c if i can submit at mirpur thats 4 hours away but it dusnt seem to b havin any issues. Thank u!

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am

sami3 wrote:@Ket sis Good luck with your new application. I am glad that you are taking a break from work and going to see your husband soon inshAllah

Stay safe sis

Our prayers are always with you :)
Thank u so much! U guys r lyk my family honestly inshallah this is all worth it i prey u all have gud news!

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42 am

Waliekum salam. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I applied for my wife on 20th January with 32k a year and still not heard anything as yet. My MP has contacted them several times but still under process. i don't whatelse i can do :( i have called them and sending them emails every week but still no response.

Please pray for me. i hope to hear some good news this month inshAllah...
aazz786 wrote:Salam Everyone.

Background I was divorced a have to children to ex-wife in UK.
I married a widow in Pakistan and have step son under 10.
I met the £23k+ minimum salary.

Quite a complex case compared to most, as soon as 6 months was up, contacted via, email, and telephone for updates, answer each time still under process.

Contacted MP and finally a reply came back to say unto 8 weeks, due to back log plus the court case that paved the way for 4000on holds to be refused.

Then out the blue wife got call to say come pick up documents in Lahore.

Prays were answered both my wife and step son were granted visa no questions asked.

Just want to give hope to others who applied Dec/Jan gone, they just messed up and if you not heard anything then its good news, because if they had a reason to refuse you they would have been in contact.

Good Luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/14 - Applied in Lahore
25/07/14 - 2 update requested by MP - told up 8 weeks after 3 weeks to reply
01/09/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
02/09/14 - Visa Granted!