ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KashRIz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by KashRIz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Another week ....Hope we get some JAN results.......
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:15 pm

guyss... any HELP on below please :)
Hardikjshah83 wrote:hello guys... i have a very unusual problem here which i suspect may affect my ILR too.

in summary.. i have been on 3C & 3D while i have applied for ILR, along with my wife's FLR(M) in January.

in March my wife received a letter saying "HO usually decide this application in 8 weeks however it will not be possible until your sponsor's decision for ILR is reached and we will decide your application AFTER your sponsor's decison is made by HO", and along with it they requested some extra documents which was sent and received by HO on 21st of March.

following that HO sent a letter dated 21st March with below details
we note that on 22nd January we have received your application, you also served notice to withdraw the appeal being undertaken following the previous application for leave to remain as a dependant partner. the appeal rights for this case did not exhaust until 24th January 2014, and as such this application deems to be in addition to the ongoing appeal. Applicants are not permitted to have more then 1 paid application at any one time and so we have voided this later application of leave to remain, and we arranged for your fees to be refunded.
facts :
1. we faxed the appeal withdrawal request on 21st January which they should have received straight away.
2. why did they not realised and voided the application prior to requesting the documents.
3. its common sense that its overlap for 2 days which was mainly due to HO taking time to update the system with appeal withdrawal.

Anyway.. I am now concerned, my solicitor is saying that its their clerical error and he will write a letter to HO, however i am worried that in between we will loose the time. if we make fresh applicaiton will it be counted as out of time, if so, will it be from 22nd January to now, or will it be from 21st March (when they voided application) till now.

and finally my biggest worry is.. could they void my applicaiton for ILR which was submitted in January on the same ground ( to avoid that i want solicitor to fight for my wife's case on clerical error ground). and if my application come as voided what are the possible options for me as i have noticed my current application is classed as out of time (by 1 day) because i have withdrawn my application.

serious help needed.. I dont want HO to mess about with my ILR chances :( appreciate your input.

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:30 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
maaan143 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:read what is written in bracket it says including previous leave ......

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
yes...................bcaz above category is partner of settled person......not pbs dependent

Dear SSWZ,

This is what in that bracket (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

fiance or proposed civil parnter leave is different than pbs dependent...
Hi Maaan143 and SSWZ,
I have been looking into the FLR(M) form, and I couldn't agree more with Maaan143, answer to 2.2 should be yes and than go straight to section 3, the reason there be that 2.2 is clearly asking
Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories ?

we rather stop here and look what are the categories they are asking under, there is no mention of a PBS dependent there, it is just to do with the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. It is clearly about dependents of person settled in UK rather than any PBS dependents, and as this will be their first time applying under this category hence 2.2 is a 'yes' and straight to section 3.
I hope I am clear enough on this point. Many thanks.
Regards
Shah[/quote]

Dear Shah g &SSWZ,

as far as i knw you will say no in 2.2 and then in 2.3 tick on "You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner." i filled about 9 applications with this and all were successful.

i believed this form in not actually as per according to our requirement. but if you feel any ambiguity while filling form you can mention that in cover letter. they won't refuse your application . i knw that SSWZ had successfully got visa on that.

thanks

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks a lot sister SSWSZ. MAY ALLAH HELP US ALL.

SSWSZ wrote:They are holding flr form for those who are sending by post .if your appointment is before 6 April then you are worrying for nothing .if you are not filling section 7A then you don't need to provide any specific income .they know you are student and you won't be able to show such income .dont worry plz .even if the worst happen still it's good as they are holding app not rejecting so still you can live together which is the big bonus I guess and then as your job started now you can make app again after 6 month .prepare your case according to pre July rules and leave everything on GOD .by stressing nothing will happen and I am 100% sure you will get visa .

londonbd2013 wrote:Gurus & our most helpful sister SSWSZ, Vinny & Amber

I believe everyone understand that FLR(M) is extremely tough now. They are holding everyone's case until they got the final verdict from high court & if HO lose that case there is big chance HO will appeal against that decision.I know very well they won't allow my wife's FLR(M) bcoz I can't fulfil £18600 financial requirements.I've to show t to them bcoz my previous leave was Tier4 general student & she was my dependant though she came in UK in July 2009 as a PSW Tier1 dependant.

We got an appointment son one of the PEO but on 284(b) it's clearly written this rule apply for all PBS dependants apart from Tier4 & Tier5 dependants.I din't work last year & I had limited work permit wile I was on tier4. I really don't know how they expect me to show £18600 where as I had limited work permit & I didn't work at all. I've recently got a job offer after got my ILR & I've sign the contract as well. Expected salary from this job & my wife's last year income from her P60 earnings will meet £18600. Do you know whether they will accept it or not? Because I haven't got paid anything from my new job & I can't show any payslips for this.

Under this circumstances could you guy please help me ASAP.Spending sleepless night & can't stop thinking about it. Can't even look at my wife . It's really hard to believe that she's here about 5 years under dependant visa & all of us struggling to extend our love one's visa even though we got ILR / SETTLEMENT.

Please help with any advise that can help anyone.
Many thanks in advance & MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU ALL

red scorpion
Newly Registered

Post by red scorpion » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:hello guys... i have a very unusual problem here which i suspect may affect my ILR too.

in summary.. i have been on 3C & 3D while i have applied for ILR, along with my wife's FLR(M) in January.

in March my wife received a letter saying "HO usually decide this application in 8 weeks however it will not be possible until your sponsor's decision for ILR is reached and we will decide your application AFTER your sponsor's decison is made by HO", and along with it they requested some extra documents which was sent and received by HO on 21st of March.

we note that on 22nd January we have received your application, you also served notice to withdraw the appeal being undertaken following the previous application for leave to remain as a dependant partner. the appeal rights for this case did not exhaust until 24th January 2014, and as such this application deems to be in addition to the ongoing appeal. Applicants are not permitted to have more then 1 paid application at any one time and so we have voided this later application of leave to remain, and we arranged for your fees to be refunded.
facts :
1. we faxed the appeal withdrawal request on 21st January which they should have received straight away.
2. why did they not realised and voided the application prior to requesting the documents.
3. its common sense that its overlap for 2 days which was mainly due to HO taking time to update the system with appeal withdrawal.

Anyway.. I am now concerned, my solicitor is saying that its their clerical error and he will write a letter to HO, however i am worried that in between we will loose the time. if we make fresh applicaiton will it be counted as out of time, if so, will it be from 22nd January to now, or will it be from 21st March (when they voided application) till now.

and finally my biggest worry is.. could they void my applicaiton for ILR which was submitted in January on the same ground ( to avoid that i want solicitor to fight for my wife's case on clerical error ground). and if my application come as voided what are the possible options for me as i have noticed my current application is classed as out of time (by 1 day) because i have withdrawn my application.

serious help needed.. I dont want HO to mess about with my ILR chances :( appreciate your input.
there is some new updates on 3c and 3d leave released on 13th of march 2014.hope this gives some answers to your question.please keep updating us with your ILR application.i have similar situation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

ecoman
Newly Registered

Post by ecoman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 am

alexcarter wrote:Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my application.

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance
sorry to hear this. did u check your SAR. i have had my application returned as rejected twice, i resubmitted within the time <28days>. my SAR clearly shows case worker notes that resubmitted applicatins valid and intime.
wether i get ILR or not, dont know yet. i appplied on24/02/14 and waiting...

CKP

Post by CKP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Gurus, Moderators and Friends,

We have applied for SAR file 30 days ago. there is no respond to it yet and there is no activity on my bank account yet (I have paid £10 fees by bank cheque).

is it normal by UKVI or UKBA ? Do I have to start worry on this.

I don't know what to do now.

Please help me here.

Thanks
CKP

PK_UK

Post by PK_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am

Dear all a question!

i got my ILR approved on 29/3/2014.
how long wil it take for BRP to come as i have plans to travel by the 10th april.
how can i trace it whether its posted or not?
thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:50 am

CKP wrote:Hi Gurus, Moderators and Friends,

We have applied for SAR file 30 days ago. there is no respond to it yet and there is no activity on my bank account yet (I have paid £10 fees by bank cheque).

My cheque was cleared in 6-7 weeks and SAR arrived after a week. so its normal.

Please help me here.

Thanks
CKP

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 am

ecoman wrote:
alexcarter wrote:Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my application.

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance
sorry to hear this. did u check your SAR. i have had my application returned as rejected twice, i resubmitted within the time <28days>. my SAR clearly shows case worker notes that resubmitted applicatins valid and intime.
wether i get ILR or not, dont know yet. i appplied on24/02/14 and waiting...
I agree with ecoman ,your SAR report should say your application validity and you will have a proof to argue. As you have time , strongly recommend to request SAR asap. Nothing harm in trying.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

red scorpion wrote:

facts :

there is some new updates on 3c and 3d leave released on 13th of march 2014.hope this gives some answers to your question.please keep updating us with your ILR application.i have similar situation.

thanks pal.. however this document is effective from March, while my application was done in Jan.. even though they have voided application in march.

the document clearly suggests the date of the written notice received by HO is the date of withdrawal - in my case fax was sent on 20th Jan and it was successfully received by other part on 20th Jan, not sure why they think its 3 days after the fax sent. erh....HO :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:25 am

Hello red scorpion

I'm really sorry to read about your case. The HO are very mean to have treated you this way.
However, I'm not sure your best line of action is to try to fight them over this invalidation. I can't quote the exact source of information but I think applicants can reapply within 28 days of their application being invalidated without jeopardising their 3C leave. My advice would be to seek legal advice immediately but my gut feeling is that a new application should be submitted immediately to avoid 3C becoming lapsed.

Best of luck mate.
red scorpion wrote:

facts :

CKP

Post by CKP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 am

rmkirfan wrote:

Please help me here.

Thanks
CKP

Thank you rmkirfan

I am following you on ILR application. Thanks for your cover letter as well.

one more thing it is better to apply after completion of 10 years OR apply any time no more than 28 days before 10 Years ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
CKP

brm
Newly Registered

Post by brm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:45 am

hi Alex you can go for pre action protocol then jr if no response there is lots of case law regarding ukba claiming payment problems but there is no evidence as they destroy payment page and can't prove what caused decline because they input details incorrectly so there is reasonable doubt it could be ukba processing wrong details like card number, expiry etc that's if payment was by card. I'd see a lawyer

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:17 pm

fasaal wrote:
Miangee wrote:hi
Faasal congratulation and enjoy your freedom
God really Blessed you as many got refused due to unspent conviction even for traffic offense
i am really happy your success cheers
Pray for me Brother as i have same time line as yours hope fully God will give me good news this coming week also if you remember we have discussed our spouse application before sending as well .
Can you please let me know application status of your wife as i believe that you have applied same time with your application on Flr (M) with out showing financial requirement.
i have got same situation and timeline so plz share your experience
congratulation again
hiya.

Thanks you all.

my pray for every one who are waiting and who gonna apply:)
Yes I was very much worried abt my case coz of out of time and court fine, Thank God I got it. As I told u all that yesterday i got my approval letter and its sunday today i hope i'll get my BRP till tuesday and yes i applied at the same time for my wife (FLR (M)) and I hv't received any reply for my wife application. hope so coming week i'll get that too:). what I believe that coz her application depend on my application as i get my result so her will be on the way:)
hiya.

by the grace of God I got my BRP just now.
thank you every one who helped and prayed for me.

still waiting 4 my wife visa. hoping 4 good:) i believe must get this week.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:19 pm

CKP wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:

Please help me here.

Thanks
CKP

Thank you rmkirfan

I am following you on ILR application. Thanks for your cover letter as well.

one more thing it is better to apply after completion of 10 years OR apply any time no more than 28 days before 10 Years ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
CKP
Hi CKP,

I would prefer to apply with in 28 days of 10 years to get out of the way. safer and might be quicker.
Good Luck.

Cheers
RMk

arev88
Newly Registered

Post by arev88 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi,

Silent reader but thought of giving you my timelines for your data

Applied: 14/11/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 18/11/2013
Payment taken: ??/11/2013 (credit card)
Biometric letter date 30/12/2013 arrived 03/01/2014
Biometric taken 04/01/2014
Letter received: 19/03/2014
BRP received: 26/03/2014 (with a date of 16/03/2014)

thanks.

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Gurus

I have prepared a temple of 'Absence from UK' and 'Previous Address'. If any one need it.[quote="shantha"][quote="Vladimir2989"]Who looks after the excel sheet ?

can you fix the Date format on it, my entry appears in MM/DD/YYYY, instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

and that excel file is amazing, great idea, thank you very much[/quote]

MM/DD/YYYY is the correct format.[/quote]

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi
I sent my application for ILR today, infact I varied my application into ILR as I was waiting for my Tier 1 decision for over one year and no response yet.
Can someone please update my time line on sky drive
Application sent to vary into ILR : 31/03/14
Acknowledgement: waiting
Biometric: waiting
Approval date: waiting
BRP received: waiting

Good luck to all.

shantha

Post by shantha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 pm

khan_81 wrote:Hi
I sent my application for ILR today, infact I varied my application into ILR as I was waiting for my Tier 1 decision for over one year and no response yet.
Can someone please update my time line on sky drive
Application sent to vary into ILR : 31/03/14
Acknowledgement: waiting
Biometric: waiting
Approval date: waiting
BRP received: waiting

Good luck to all.
Added

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Hello All,

I am silent reader here and must admit this forum is excellent. I have applied for my ILR in January and awaiting decision.

I have a quick question to ask the guru's and expert here. After getting my ILR I have to apply for my wife ILR and Set M. My wife is here since 2007. Do I have to meet financial requirement i.e to show the 18600 annual salary?

Many Thanks in advance

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:13 pm

Yes if u will apply after 6 April then you have to show income plus wait for 5 years to get ILR or she can apply in 2017 on 10 year basis .
kalps999 wrote:Hello All,

I am silent reader here and must admit this forum is excellent. I have applied for my ILR in January and awaiting decision.

I have a quick question to ask the guru's and expert here. After getting my ILR I have to apply for my wife ILR and Set M. My wife is here since 2007. Do I have to meet financial requirement i.e to show the 18600 annual salary?

Many Thanks in advance
ss

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Many Thanks in advance
Hi .. It will be good for other users who also believe this is a really helpful forum.. Can u plz provide your timeline for skydrive.

Thx

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Can someone share the letter template for request to hold FLR M till decision of SET LR?

Thanks.

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:01 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Yes if u will apply after 6 April then you have to show income plus wait for 5 years to get ILR or she can apply in 2017 on 10 year basis .

Many Thanks in advance

Thanks SSWSZ for your quick response. So does that mean I can't apply for FLR (M) for my wife if i can't show them 18600? I am currently on entrepreneur visa which is valid till 2016. What will be my wife's status after I get my ILR? Is there any timeline that I must make application for my wife for flr m?