ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Avan123
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Avan123 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Raysegg wrote:
Avan123 wrote:Hi Reysegg
I was just wondering I seen in your post that you visa was due to run out on 13April
I was just wondering if you had to leave your job or was there something worked out?
We are in the same boat as you with visa running out 11 May and job a risk

Many thanks

Hello Avan123,
There is a 28 days Grace you're entitled to from when your visa expired and you have got your application in.
Get your employer to call Home Office helpline on:03001234699 option 2.
Not many employers and EEA advisers know about this. I was lucky to have met a lady on the phone an EEA adviser who told me about it after several calls to them. My employer called the number and my six-week unpaid suspension was overturned and am back at work.
I sincerely wish you best of luck.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

Thank you so much for the information Raysegg
It has been very useful
I wish you luck also

Megi
Newly Registered

Post by Megi » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi to everyone and thanks for this forum. So helpful!

I nearly finished filling the form in, but I'm not sure how to fill the section 16 - Public Funds and State Benefits. What in a case the Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit is (was) received by a spouse who's added to the application as a family member, not by the main applicant?
There is a question 'who receives it', but it looks like they mean 'you or your sponsor', not 'you or your wife'.

Anyone could help with it please?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:00 pm

It's not mandatory to complete that section, so you can just ignore it.

Megi
Newly Registered

Post by Megi » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Oh, I had no idea about it. On the other hand, it's a common thinking you can't get a PR status, if you claim benefits, so I'm not sure whether it's respected.
But I'll not worry too much how to fill this section properly, if it's not mandatory. Thank you

Edit: "Note: you do not have to complete this if you’re the family member of a British citizen and applying in the ‘Surinder Singh’ category (see section 10)."

Is this why you said it was not mandatory? This isn't my case, so I still have to fill this section I guess

new.citizen
Newly Registered

Post by new.citizen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

EEA(PR): Document certifying permanent residence.

Application Sent Special Delivery: 11/04/2016
Delivered to DURHAM: 12/04/2016
£65 Payment Debited: 15/04/2016

xucho
Newly Registered

Post by xucho » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:37 am

Raysegg wrote:
xucho wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife and I sent our EEA(PR) on 24 Feb, it was received on 25 Feb. Since then we have heard nothing at all, no payment has been taken and no letters from HO. Is there anything we can do to check whether everything is ok with our application? (Would be grateful for specific contact details, if possible!) I see that most people here at least have the payment taken soon after sending the application. Has anyone else experienced a similar case of nothing happening at all?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Hello Xucho,
I think it's dangerously too long.
Call the Home Office EEA line: 03001232253 pressing option 2 and another option 2.
Best of luck.

Thanks Raysegg, I called them and it turned out that the payment had been taken - we must have missed it on the bank account statement. They reassured me that 2 months is too short, due to the number of applications currently they are taking 6 months to process them and not having heard back from them yet should be considered normal. However, here's a useful piece of information - they said that once the payment has been taken it is fine to request the documents back (we will need passports for travel soon) and this would not affect the processing of the application. Furthermore, these documents won't need to be sent back. That's good to know and it means we just need to be patient. Best of luck to us all!:)

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:05 am

xucho wrote:I called them and it turned out that the payment had been taken - we must have missed it on the bank account statement. They reassured me that 2 months is too short, due to the number of applications currently they are taking 6 months to process them and not having heard back from them yet should be considered normal. However, here's a useful piece of information - they said that once the payment has been taken it is fine to request the documents back (we will need passports for travel soon) and this would not affect the processing of the application. Furthermore, these documents won't need to be sent back. That's good to know and it means we just need to be patient. Best of luck to us all!:)
Hi Xucho,

was it a joined application? are you both EU?
I have sent the application the 24 of Feb and they received it the 25th, Payment has been taken the 29th. I also received the email the 16th of March. Now I am waiting for the PR. Some people who did PR as EU in the first half of February received it last week.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 75-20.html
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

Avan123
Newly Registered

Post by Avan123 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:17 am

Megi wrote:Hi to everyone and thanks for this forum. So helpful!

I nearly finished filling the form in, but I'm not sure how to fill the section 16 - Public Funds and State Benefits. What in a case the Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit is (was) received by a spouse who's added to the application as a family member, not by the main applicant?
There is a question 'who receives it', but it looks like they mean 'you or your sponsor', not 'you or your wife'.

Anyone could help with it please?

We just sent our off and we had to fill in this section.
I am an eu citizen and the pr is for my hubby who is not a Eu citizen,
The claim for child ben and child tax credit it under my name to I just put wife/sponser

xucho
Newly Registered

Post by xucho » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Xucho,

was it a joined application? are you both EU?
I have sent the application the 24 of Feb and they received it the 25th, Payment has been taken the 29th. I also received the email the 16th of March. Now I am waiting for the PR. Some people who did PR as EU in the first half of February received it last week.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 75-20.html
Yes, joined application, both EU. Exact same timeline as yours (24, 25 & 29 Feb) but no email/letter since, no communication at all. So it seems the applications queue is a bit random.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 am

Megi wrote:Oh, I had no idea about it. On the other hand, it's a common thinking you can't get a PR status, if you claim benefits, so I'm not sure whether it's respected.
But I'll not worry too much how to fill this section properly, if it's not mandatory. Thank you

Edit: "Note: you do not have to complete this if you’re the family member of a British citizen and applying in the ‘Surinder Singh’ category (see section 10)."

Is this why you said it was not mandatory? This isn't my case, so I still have to fill this section I guess
A lot of the information the form asks for is not required for actually obtaining residence documentation. UKVI just add extra questions as it helps to build up a bigger profile of you. The government loves to know everything.

Have a look at one of the old forms from years ago and you'll see how different it was back then. If you are an EEA citizen you can use this EEA3 form from 2010. It has been modified a bit to bring it in line with current regulations and fees etc: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

As you can see there are no questions about benefits etc as you simply don't need to tell them.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 am

HI everyone,

I sent my application on the 29 th March, they received it next day and then the card was charges a week after. I didn't receive so far any email. Should I be worried? Did everyone receive within 2-3 weeks a confirmation email? Please let me know ...Should I call them? I don't know what to expect and what to do.
Many thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm

I got a confirmation email 3 weeks after my payment was taken. Don't panic though, if they have taken the payment, they are most likely dealing with your application.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:04 pm

thanks for the reply, I guess I just have to wait. could you please tell me what was the confirmation email saying? confirming that you are granted the PR or ...?

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm

LoryAndra wrote:thanks for the reply, I guess I just have to wait. could you please tell me what was the confirmation email saying? confirming that you are granted the PR or ...?
My confirmation email came after 3 weeks. It said my application has been received and is being considered.
My timeline is in my signature.
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:23 pm

LoryAndra wrote:thanks for the reply, I guess I just have to wait. could you please tell me what was the confirmation email saying? confirming that you are granted the PR or ...?
You don't get "granted" PR, you acquire it automatically, nobody makes a decision on that. All you are doing it applying for documentation which confirms you have PR. It does not grant or confer it. You can have PR status without having any documentation saying so.

The email says:
Dear MR XXX XXX XXX,

Case ID: XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Thank you so much for clarify it:)

Megi
Newly Registered

Post by Megi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:22 pm

ohara wrote:
A lot of the information the form asks for is not required for actually obtaining residence documentation. UKVI just add extra questions as it helps to build up a bigger profile of you. The government loves to know everything.

Have a look at one of the old forms from years ago and you'll see how different it was back then. If you are an EEA citizen you can use this EEA3 form from 2010. It has been modified a bit to bring it in line with current regulations and fees etc: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

As you can see there are no questions about benefits etc as you simply don't need to tell them.
Thanks for clarifying this! I'm only afraid that even when you use an old form or a cover letter HO will get all the information they want anyway just from a different sources and it might take a bit longer. Once you put your national insurance number in your application (and you have to do that) it probably is a matter of hours to know everything about you, but it's just a feeling.

Anyway, I have a straight forward case and benefits everyone gets, so don't have a problem with mentoning about it. I agree it's far too much information, but better not to risk.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 pm

There is no risk. It is written in the caseworker guidance that they cannot refuse or reject an application made on the wrong, old or no form.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:21 pm

ohara wrote:There is no risk. It is written in the caseworker guidance that they cannot refuse or reject an application made on the wrong, old or no form.
hi please can you help me about caseworker (pr) eu refuses where you can send and what documentation you need .copy or original .also you need send new application mny thanks

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Ciaocico,

what happened?
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:36 pm

VinGam wrote:Hi Ciaocico,

what happened?
refuses (15)(1)(a)

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Which part is?

The form has been updated in March and there is no A in section 15.1
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:12 pm

VinGam wrote:Which part is?

The form has been updated in March and there is no A in section 15.1
this reference eu

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Please, can you share your timeline even if you got a refusal.
Thanks
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:04 pm

VinGam wrote:Please, can you share your timeline even if you got a refusal.
Thanks
8 april refusal all 58 day hawo many p60 send ?