ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BoyTed
Somalia

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by BoyTed » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:21 pm

N1234 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:34 pm
N1234 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am
I got my approval through email on the 3rd of July and dated the 3rd aswell. I called the council and emailed couple times since and no update. Last contact I made was on the 20th of august. since everyone been saying 7-12 weeks. This week is my 12th week. Fingers cross I hear something this week or next week. My council is Nottingham city council. anyone from heard from Nottingham council as to if they have been receiving certificate and if they have cleared their back log :|
Just sent another email, I sent a list of questions and I got a reply, this is only specific to Nottingham council.

Will there be virtual ceremony like other council are doing? No, we are still holding group ceremonies with restricted numbers.

Has the backlog been cleared? If not, what’s the latest month of approval received? Not yet, we are currently receiving certificates for those who were granted citizenship in May.

Have you been receiving a weekly certificates from home office or has that stopped due to current restrictions? Varies from week to week. Usually a batch arrives every 4 weeks

Could you also check if my certificate is in the batch received this week? Good news…..Your certificate has just arrived…..we will be in touch in due course to book you in. Please provide a telephone number and home address.

I look forward to hearing from you. I appreciate your help and thank you advance.

I am really excited just small step closer, I still haven't received invitation letter so I don't know how that will affect me booking the ceremony. brief timeline is for those who don't have account, application sent on 23 dec 2019 and approved 3rd July 2020 by email.
Congrats mate,
We close on both applications and decision applied 6 dec 2019 approved 2nd july 2020 letter dated 29 june 2020
Thatnk for giving us hope and happy for you.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

I just received approval email for naturalisation.I’m now waiting for ceremony invitation.

Just wondering which council will my certificate sent to ? Is it the closest council to my registered address ? Can I choose any council for ceremony ?

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Anyone here from Buckinghamshire (Bucks) Council.
I know my case was approved only recently (7th September) compared to many others on this forum who have been waiting for much longer, but thought it would be worth checking if someone is from my council and what's the trend there.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Hello Everyone👋
To;H&F council members.
Spoke to the registry at h&f they confirmed they received a batch today i'd recommend to give them a call or email on monday.
Unfortunately mine was not sent but hope anyone of you to get yours.
Goodluck👍

tingtong69
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tingtong69 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:55 pm

null1639 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm
I just received approval email for naturalisation.I’m now waiting for ceremony invitation.

Just wondering which council will my certificate sent to ? Is it the closest council to my registered address ? Can I choose any council for ceremony ?
You choose the council when filling in the application. So which ever council you nominated will be where your certificate is sent

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:32 pm

null1639 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Unless you specifically stated another council where you do not live, your ceremony will be held at your residential council you fall under. It never has been possible to choose where to have the ceremony after approval without a long drawn out process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wahidwadid
United Kingdom

Post by Wahidwadid » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 pm

akagk wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Hi All,

I received my approval letter on the 29th May 2020, but I have not received any ceremony invitation letter yet. I live in Lancashire. When I called the council they told me they cannot do anything if I do not get the letter from the home office. Any similar experiences from this area?
Same here, Got approved in may 20th still waiting for the invitation letter, I m from mcr council and u?

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:36 am

Thanks. I’m on Westminster Council. It sounds like there will be a long wait for ceremony invitation ... Will see. My approval email dated Sep 18th

akagk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by akagk » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 pm
akagk wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Hi All,

I received my approval letter on the 29th May 2020, but I have not received any ceremony invitation letter yet. I live in Lancashire. When I called the council they told me they cannot do anything if I do not get the letter from the home office. Any similar experiences from this area?
Same here, Got approved in may 20th still waiting for the invitation letter, I m from mcr council and u?
Lancashire county council.

uuee6543
United Kingdom

Post by uuee6543 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am

The Independent has just posted an article about our situation: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 14515.html

While it’s not fully accurate and tends to focus on the situation of people born in the UK to foreign parents, it’s good at least that there is something out there that might hopefully speed up the process of Home Office sending out the certificates.

My council (Camden) has been really unhelpful recently. They refuse to tell me if they received any certificates and how often they receive them. They tend to always disbelieve that I have already been approved and yet to receive the ceremony invitation letter after many months.

rayyfar
United Kingdom

Post by rayyfar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am

hi guys i also got approved on 23rd of July 2020 and still waiting .
is there any one else based in birmingham and still waiting ?

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:26 am

rayyfar wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am
hi guys i also got approved on 23rd of July 2020 and still waiting .
is there any one else based in birmingham and still waiting ?
Yes, waiting in Birmingham.
They said by enquiring they are still catching up with March backlog. Very frustrating!

Stef03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stef03 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 am

uuee6543 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am
The Independent has just posted an article about our situation: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 14515.html

While it’s not fully accurate and tends to focus on the situation of people born in the UK to foreign parents, it’s good at least that there is something out there that might hopefully speed up the process of Home Office sending out the certificates.

My council (Camden) has been really unhelpful recently. They refuse to tell me if they received any certificates and how often they receive them. They tend to always disbelieve that I have already been approved and yet to receive the ceremony invitation letter after many months.
Very good article, I posted a comment on the newspapers page regarding the huge delays we are dealing with. Maybe if more of us will follow the same path, more pressure will be put by the independent on HO. It took me 2 minutes to register and post a comment. Please all do the same.

rayyfar
United Kingdom

Post by rayyfar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am

i agree i have also Commented

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am

Can someone post the accurate email address to contact HO please? I have a few and don’t know which one is the correct one for that matter.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

Frou01 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am
Can someone post the accurate email address to contact HO please? I have a few and don’t know which one is the correct one for that matter.
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am
Frou01 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thank you very much.

zoltan_the_conqueror
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by zoltan_the_conqueror » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 pm

passat wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:24 pm
I know my case was approved only recently (7th September) compared to many others on this forum who have been waiting for much longer, but thought it would be worth checking if someone is from my council and what's the trend there.
We're in Bucks, granny was approved in July but we're still waiting on the invitation letter.

moh12

Post by moh12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:54 pm

zoltan_the_conqueror wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 pm
passat wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:24 pm
We're in Bucks, granny was approved in July but we're still waiting on the invitation letter.
My wife was approved mid-July with a letter through the post. Still waiting for invitation letter two months on. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Stef03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stef03 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:04 pm

rayyfar wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am
There are 5 comments only on the news article https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 14515.html
Since the independent has started demanding answers from HO regarding our citizenship ceremonies delays, please go all of you and leave a comment there, and maybe they will pick up the large number of complaints and will increase the pressure on HO to deal with our cases

gagerson
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by gagerson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Anyone from Sheffield council? I emailed them back in July and they responded by saying 'there is loads of time'. On their website still says ceremonies are suspended, however article in Independent has HO Spokeperson saying that all sites are back up and running.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm

anyone from Liverpool council? Just joined the queue, so I know it is too early for me to expect anything but wanted to get an idea of how Liverpool council is conducting the ceremonies, which date backlog they are currently clearing, are they receiving certificates, etc?

thanks

AsPa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AsPa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Stef03 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:04 pm
rayyfar wrote:
There are 5 comments only on the news article https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 14515.html
Since the independent has started demanding answers from HO regarding our citizenship ceremonies delays, please go all of you and leave a comment there, and maybe they will pick up the large number of complaints and will increase the pressure on HO to deal with our cases
i totally agree i have just put a comment on myself.

if we can get more people to comment on this article maybe the independent would be able to help expedite the process.

Stef03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stef03 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:48 pm

AsPa wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm
Stef03 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:04 pm
rayyfar wrote:
i totally agree i have just put a comment on myself.

if we can get more people to comment on this article maybe the independent would be able to help expedite the process.
Hi AsPa

Just checked the news feed, more and more are commenting. Fingers crossed, maybe it will gain a momentum and the media will start applying some pressure on HO to deal more efficiently with our cases

Cocobana
United Kingdom

Post by Cocobana » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Interesting article we can contact the writer directly on Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/maybulman
Which is found on the article. Her email address is also on her Twitter account