ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Safi87
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Safi87 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 am

Haze77 wrote:Hi. My wife got the following email from BHC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 5 July 2013, the High Court in the UK handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment, the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal to the Court of Appeal.
The Home Office has therefore temporarily paused decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on our website.
Your application for entry clearance under paragraph E-ECP.3.3 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.
Your sponsor states that he earns an annual rental income of £xx,xxx.xx from his property, however you have not submitted the specified documents in order to verify this statement:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or (2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) Personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.
These documents are specified in Immigration Rules in Appendix FM-SE and must be provided. You have not submitted all of the required documentation to demonstrate your sponsor’s income is as claimed.
A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State’s appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the UK Visas and Immigration site on GOV.UK
Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.
In the meantime, if – by [3 weeks from the date of this notification] – you submit any further information or document(s), it must relate directly to the reasons given above as to why you do not meet the income threshold requirement. It must also relate only to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s) and otherwise, your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted. However if it is determined that your application still does not meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, your case will remain paused until the outcome of the appeal is known. Your application may also be refused if other grounds come to light which were not applicable at the time of the initial decision.
Please note that if your case remains paused, we will not write to you again until the outcome of the appeal is known.
You can submit further documentation to us via courier, using the postal address above, or via one of our Gerry’s visa application centres. Please ensure that documents sent to us comply with our guidance in relation to supporting documents. You should also include a covering note quoting your reference number (found at the top of this letter), so that we can identify your case. Evidence should be submitted in original format and thus emailed copies of documents will not be considered as part of the application process.
Alternatively, you can withdraw your application at any time (and any document(s) submitted with it will be returned to you) and you can pay the relevant application fee and make a fresh application. You may wish to consider doing so for example if you wish to rely on a change in circumstances since the date of your application or on the fact a requirement relating to a period of time (e.g. in respect of employment or cash savings) is now met which was not met at the date of the application. If you withdraw your application, you will not be refunded the application fee.
If you wish your passport to be returned to you while your application remains on hold, please email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and this will be arranged for you.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will update you once we know the outcome of the appeal. We thank you for your cooperation and keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan

The documents submitted to do with the rental income were the title deed for the property, the tenancy agreement with my tenant and bank statements. My tenant wanted to pay the rent in cash and hence the rental income was not shown going into the bank.

I think this is why they rejected the income level.

We did submit the tenant’s housing benefit letter from the Council showing that the rent was being paid by the Council as housing benefit for my tenant.

What documents can I send now to prove that I am receiving the rent?

Should I send my tenant’s bank statements showing the tenant receiving the housing benefit from the Council and an affidavit from my tenant that he wanted to pay the rent by cash and that he has been paying rent?

The tenancy started long before I got married and I have owned the house since several years before I got married.

Is it also worth seeing my MP together with my tenant and get the MP to write a letter that the rental income is genuine.

I cannot show the rental income being paid into the bank but how else can I prove to the ECO that the rental income is genuine?

Many Thanks in advance for everyone’s help on here.

Hi Haze,

I was wondering if you have any outcome, and if you could please let us know what the outcome was, and what extra information you had provided to them? Thank you

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am

Salam,
My wife applied for the spouse settlement visa yesterday(15/09/2014).I have just come across this forum and particularly this post.I wasn't a ware that there is 28 days limit for pay slips and bank statement.As my salary normally comes into my bank account on 7th of each month.The last payslip included with the application was on 07/08/2014.So its well over the 28 day period.Can i submit the payslip and bank statement after i have submitted my application.
Thanks[/quote]

You can just pray and hope the ECO will ask you for the extra payslip and bank statements when it comes to making the decision.[/quote]
Thank you for your reply.Can i provide them the extra payslips and bank statements now(after submitting the application)?would it be advisable to ask them by email.Have you got the specific e mail address.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 am

khan2013 wrote:Salam,
My wife applied for the spouse settlement visa yesterday(15/09/2014).I have just come across this forum and particularly this post.I wasn't a ware that there is 28 days limit for pay slips and bank statement.As my salary normally comes into my bank account on 7th of each month.The last payslip included with the application was on 07/08/2014.So its well over the 28 day period.Can i submit the payslip and bank statement after i have submitted my application.
Thanks
You can just pray and hope the ECO will ask you for the extra payslip and bank statements when it comes to making the decision.[/quote]
Thank you for your reply.Can i provide them the extra payslips and bank statements now(after submitting the application)?would it be advisable to ask them by email.Have you got the specific e mail address.[/quote]

I don't have the email address for bhc but I am sure someone put it on here earlier if you look at previous pages you will find it. In theory you can't submit any additional documents without them asking for it however there was a girl on this forum Alwayshope, she submitted extra documents through her MP so I guess you could do the same.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 pm

My wife just got the phone call to come and collect her passport... Please pray for us.

Are the collection times between 2-4pm?
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 pm

akhan47 wrote:My wife just got the phone call to come and collect her passport... Please pray for us.

Inn sha Allah she will get it inn sha Allah , when did u apply?

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:50 pm

arslan123 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:My wife just got the phone call to come and collect her passport... Please pray for us.

20th January 2014.

I am with my wife now. We live in Kashmir, 4 hour drive away from Islamabad. We will go together tomorrow to collect her passport.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:50 pm

arslan123 wrote:

MashaALLAH look like January applicants are in line now INSHALLAH

well inshallah your wife will get visa IA
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

sami3

Post by sami3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:59 pm

akhan47 wrote:
arslan123 wrote:

20th January 2014.

I am with my wife now. We live in Kashmir, 4 hour drive away from Islamabad. We will go together tomorrow to collect her passport.
Oh really MashAllah it will be a good news inshAllah.

My wife also applied on 20/01 and always been told that our application is not on hold but under process. Did you contact them? was your application on hold?

Im trying to figure out if they are only assessing those cases which were on hold? I clearly meet the financial requirement.

What English test did your wife take? My wife took ETS test and was told that the application has been delayed due to ETS test but never was on hold.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Same as me, they never said I was on hold just always under process...

She took city and guilds A1.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Safi87 wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 5 July 2013, the High Court in the UK handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment, the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal to the Court of Appeal.
The Home Office has therefore temporarily paused decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on our website.
Your application for entry clearance under paragraph E-ECP.3.3 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.
Your sponsor states that he earns an annual rental income of £xx,xxx.xx from his property, however you have not submitted the specified documents in order to verify this statement:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or (2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) Personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
These documents are specified in Immigration Rules in Appendix FM-SE and must be provided. You have not submitted all of the required documentation to demonstrate your sponsor’s income is as claimed.
A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State’s appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the UK Visas and Immigration site on GOV.UK
Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.
In the meantime, if – by [3 weeks from the date of this notification] – you submit any further information or document(s), it must relate directly to the reasons given above as to why you do not meet the income threshold requirement. It must also relate only to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s) and otherwise, your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted. However if it is determined that your application still does not meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, your case will remain paused until the outcome of the appeal is known. Your application may also be refused if other grounds come to light which were not applicable at the time of the initial decision.
Please note that if your case remains paused, we will not write to you again until the outcome of the appeal is known.
You can submit further documentation to us via courier, using the postal address above, or via one of our Gerry’s visa application centres. Please ensure that documents sent to us comply with our guidance in relation to supporting documents. You should also include a covering note quoting your reference number (found at the top of this letter), so that we can identify your case. Evidence should be submitted in original format and thus emailed copies of documents will not be considered as part of the application process.
Alternatively, you can withdraw your application at any time (and any document(s) submitted with it will be returned to you) and you can pay the relevant application fee and make a fresh application. You may wish to consider doing so for example if you wish to rely on a change in circumstances since the date of your application or on the fact a requirement relating to a period of time (e.g. in respect of employment or cash savings) is now met which was not met at the date of the application. If you withdraw your application, you will not be refunded the application fee.
If you wish your passport to be returned to you while your application remains on hold, please email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and this will be arranged for you.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will update you once we know the outcome of the appeal. We thank you for your cooperation and keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

The documents submitted to do with the rental income were the title deed for the property, the tenancy agreement with my tenant and bank statements. My tenant wanted to pay the rent in cash and hence the rental income was not shown going into the bank.

We did submit the tenant’s housing benefit letter from the Council showing that the rent was being paid by the Council as housing benefit for my tenant.

Should I send my tenant’s bank statements showing the tenant receiving the housing benefit from the Council and an affidavit from my tenant that he wanted to pay the rent by cash and that he has been paying rent?

The tenancy started long before I got married and I have owned the house since several years before I got married.

Is it also worth seeing my MP together with my tenant and get the MP to write a letter that the rental income is genuine.

I cannot show the rental income being paid into the bank but how else can I prove to the ECO that the rental income is genuine?

Hi Haze,

I was wondering if you have any outcome, and if you could please let us know what the outcome was, and what extra information you had provided to them? Thank you
U just didnt organise ur case properly ..no wonder u had to wait this long ..u need to show the money going into the bankand ..

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Safi87 wrote:

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

Hi Haze,

Why cant u put that money into ur bank ..ur making this complicated for ur self .. they trust bank statements..ur going on about this matter complety wrong ..u need to have that money coming in ur bank ..its as simple as that ..u wont need any Ones approval then ..

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:18 pm

And showing ur tenants bank statement wont change ur satuation ..how many houses do u have on Rent ..and what the total amount u get every month ???

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:02 pm

akhan47 I'm glad they have called u in and In'Shaa'Allah ur wife will get the visa do let us know please, my husband applied in December 2013 and we still haven't heard anything, just been told recently that UK checks have been completed and it is with ECO To get assessed, I suppose all I can do is wait and pray.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Asim khan wrote:And showing ur tenants bank statement wont change ur satuation ..how many houses do u have on Rent ..and what the total amount u get every month ???
Chill bro, poor guy is not asking you anything. That post he put up awhile ago and it came up recently only because safi87 asked him for an update.
By the way your suggestion to put the money into the bank is not going to help him now. As it clearly said any additional documentation that you submit must relate to the reason stated in the email from bhc.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:05 pm

in sha Allah you will have good news

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Hoping it's all good news for you :)

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Does anyone know what this status means:

"a decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted", does it mean they have made a provisional decision and need more time to check?

What type of checks does this include? How long do these kind of checks take?? :S

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:Does anyone know what this status means:

"a decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted", does it mean they have made a provisional decision and need more time to check?

What type of checks does this include? How long do these kind of checks take?? :S
Hi,

My wife received the same email and her visa was granted a few days after. As long as you've provided sufficient evidence to support your application Insha Allah you should hear back soon.

Timeline:

Application submitted: 18/07/2014
Visa granted: 06/08/2014

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Has0907 wrote: Hi,

My wife received the same email and her visa was granted a few days after. As long as you've provided sufficient evidence to support your application Insha Allah you should hear back soon.

Timeline:

Hi Has0907,

Did you contacted UKVI or they sent you that email themselves?

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:08 pm

networkers wrote:

Timeline:

Hi Has0907,

Did you contacted UKVI or they sent you that email themselves?
Hi,

I sent them an email requesting for a status update on my wife's application and that was the response I received. I believe it was a Thursday I received that response and her visa was granted the following Monday.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 pm

I sent them an email requesting for a status update on my wife's application and that was the response I received. I believe it was a Thursday I received that response and her visa was granted the following Monday.
Hey!

Thanks for the prompt response, hopefully everyone will get a quick turn around successful result as you got.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Tazmaniaa wrote:Hi ket 1 i fink myn n urz was refused n da sme da myn was n da 29th n today is a week from when my husband collected it .. I was too busy with all th appeal stuff to kum onto this forum n write anythung .. Allah kniwz whats best n inshaalh when u submit this time the out cme will b good news .x
Im realy sory to hear that :( i can imagine the pain u must b feeling /( yh mine was refused initially on 28 august . Thank u so much i also wish u luck n rely prey ur appeal is successful. Why did thy refuse n on what basis wil u b re appealing if u dont mind me asking[/quote]

This was my second application too :( they refused it because i was getting paid cash in hand my statments did not match my payslips. My solicitor wrote letter n stuff to say shes geting cash in hand. Bla bla so thats why its bot correlating but. It still got refused .. The reason that i am appelaing is becuae i was still geting paid cash in hand i habe now spoken to my employer ti start direct debit so he will start doing that inshallah and then i will need 6 montha slips n statments to prove that my wage is going in by direct debit ao i thougjt in the mean time lets just appeal.. allah knows best.x[/quote]

oh no :( i wish u all the best inshallah its successful x
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 pm

ah good luck :) inshallah its gud news and ur wife comes back with u. let us know how u get on

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:19 pm

guys there's a lot of negativity and judging going on :s
its really not nice, we are here to help and support each other not make others feel even worse about their situation.
if someone has made a mistake it might seem silly to some but completely normal to someone else, its just a matter of opinion
we should just guide others to the best we can and not kick them when they are down
this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general point. apologies in advance if anything I said offends anyone

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Ket1 wrote:guys there's a lot of negativity and judging going on :s
its really not nice, we are here to help and support each other not make others feel even worse about their situation.
if someone has made a mistake it might seem silly to some but completely normal to someone else, its just a matter of opinion
we should just guide others to the best we can and not kick them when they are down
this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general point. apologies in advance if anything I said offends anyone
well said.. agreed with you..
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014