ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:23 am

This rule is going to abolish on 6 April 2014 .so any dependent of long residence who apply for flr m spouse visa after this date will not be able to use this transition rule ( which is no income threshold + 2 year residential req) .now when they apply as dependent of long residence they have to show income threshold of 18600 for 1 dep + 5 year wait for ILR

shahsahab wrote:Can anyone plz explain this

"There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules"

My wife joined me in 2005 . I will apply on long residence base in August . I am on tier 1 general. She is my dependent. I asked this before as well . Honestly don't understand what's going on.
Shah
ss

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:30 am

Hello friends,

I booked another SET (M) appointment for my wife on 9th. FLRM approved yesterday in Liverpool Peo. What will happen if we dnt receive BRP of FLRM?

Plus I booked appointment on 9th april, but they didnt ask to pay 1st......is it confirmed booking? Bcaz recently they start charging £100 if u r not attending. How they will charge £100 in our application?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:38 am

maaan143 wrote:Hello friends,

I booked another SET (M) appointment for my wife on 9th. FLRM approved yesterday in Liverpool Peo. What will happen if we dnt receive BRP of FLRM?

Plus I booked appointment on 9th april, but they didnt ask to pay 1st......is it confirmed booking? Bcaz recently they start charging £100 if u r not attending. How they will charge £100 in our application?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Heloo,

I have sent FLR(m) today at last....

If u gave them ur card details they will charge you. I hope u will get ur BRP before that just start chasing DX....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:34 pm

After all the Buzz about Flr (m) its seems very quite now....I hope to hear a good news from them next week....

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Allah subhana Tallaha has blessed me allot and today I have got my ILR approval letter in my hand my 13 weeks stressful and painfully wait is over now
Thanks to all members of boards and prays for those still waiting but want to advice they must take at least 12 weeks so have patience.
My time line is
Application sent 30-12-13
Approval received 5-4-14
Brp awaiting

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Dear friends
I sent SET M application at 13:00 today by post.

Becaz I thougt it is still possible that we wont b able to claim last 2 years after 6 april.
2ndly....fees are going to change as well
3rd .....it will might take another 2 weeks to get SETM thru PEO even we booked an appointment for 9th without receiving BRP...
4TH....SETM by post timeline is 1 to 2 months

Every thing was ready I thought let save some money and risk....becaz my wife will b able to apply naturalisation right after my naturalisation without waiting 1 year on her own1.

C now wats happening tomorrow on UKVI website. .

Hope you all will b able to claim PBS dependent time after 6th April in SETM.

thanks for attention

Kind

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:30 pm

SSWSZ wrote:This rule is going to abolish on 6 April 2014 .so any dependent of long residence who apply for flr m spouse visa after this date will not be able to use this transition rule ( which is no income threshold + 2 year residential req) .now when they apply as dependent of long residence they have to show income threshold of 18600 for 1 dep + 5 year wait for ILR

shahsahab wrote:Can anyone plz explain this

"There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules"

My wife joined me in 2005 . I will apply on long residence base in August . I am on tier 1 general. She is my dependent. I asked this before as well . Honestly don't understand what's going on.
Shah

Hi everyone

I have been a silent reader if this forum. Recently everybody has been discussing about the new rules from 6 April and the transitional areangements being abolished for applicants having leave to remain before july 2012. And also new rules apply to applucations only from the date they are implemented.

I personally think thESE new rules will not effect applucants who have been in the UK with leave before july 2012. One if the reasons being that there are NO UPDATED FLR(m) forms available for applicants applying after 6 April 2014. Because in current forms it clearly states under SECTION 7 that it does not apply on applicants before July 2012.

Any clarifications regarding this.?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi everyone

I have been a silent reader if this forum. Recently everybody has been discussing about the new rules from 6 April and the transitional areangements being abolished for applicants having leave to remain before july 2012. And also new rules apply to applucations only from the date they are implemented.

I personally think thESE new rules will not effect applucants who have been in the UK with leave before july 2012. One if the reasons being that there are NO UPDATED FLR(m) forms available for applicants applying after 6 April 2014. Because in current forms it clearly states under SECTION 7 that it does not apply on applicants before July 2012.

Any clarifications regarding this.?[/quote]

Well I think It will as so many people emailed HO and got similar reply that this transition will no more be available. Lets how it goes but new form will be available after Midnight today.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Can I request my passport back from Home Office while my ILR application under 10 year rule is in process with ukba.

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:50 pm

KashRIz wrote:Hi everyone

Well I think It will as so many people emailed HO and got similar reply that this transition will no more be available. Lets how it goes but new form will be available after Midnight today.[/quote]

Thnx for your reply.!

So it means dependents who were here before July 2012, now have to wait 2 years on a FLR M visa before they can apply for settlement.? And all others for 5 years.?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:08 pm

scorpio81 wrote:

Well I think It will as so many people emailed HO and got similar reply that this transition will no more be available. Lets how it goes but new form will be available after Midnight today.
Thnx for your reply.!

So it means dependents who were here before July 2012, now have to wait 2 years on a FLR M visa before they can apply for settlement.? And all others for 5 years.?[/quote]

Based on the Information shared on this forum I think now every one who apply for FLR (m) have to wait for 5 years no matter u came here beofre or after june 2012....

ma574
Newly Registered

Post by ma574 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:17 pm

KashRIz wrote:
scorpio81 wrote:

Thnx for your reply.!

So it means dependents who were here before July 2012, now have to wait 2 years on a FLR M visa before they can apply for settlement.? And all others for 5 years.?
Based on the Information shared on this forum I think now every one who apply for FLR (m) have to wait for 5 years no matter u came here beofre or after june 2012....
[/quote]

Well, it looks like for dependents who are here before July 2012 it is two years after they switch FLR M.

Settlement under the Points Based System for dependants
Corrections are being made to enforce the intention that only dependants of individuals who qualified for settlement under the Points-Based System can apply for settlement as dependants of Points-Based System Migrants. Previously the Immigration Rules allowed dependents of those who qualified for settlement on the basis of long residence to also apply. The change will mean such dependants will need to apply for leave to remain under the 'new' rules for family members in Appendix FM before they can qualify for settlement.
This means that for PBS dependants who are applying to 'switch' into the partner of a settled person route on or after 6 April 2014 will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM.

There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Where those on the transitional provision will be affected by these new changes is that they will have to complete the two years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa (as from 6 April 2014, they can no longer combine leave under Part 8 with leave as a PBS dependant).
Unfortunately, those PBS dependants who do not fall into this category will need to wait for five years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa.
- See more at: http://www.drummondmiller.co.uk/news/20 ... EArjh.dpuf

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Thnx for your reply.!

So it means dependents who were here before July 2012, now have to wait 2 years on a FLR M visa before they can apply for settlement.? And all others for 5 years.?[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, it looks like for dependents who are here before July 2012 it is two years after they switch FLR M.

Corrections are being made to enforce the intention that only dependants of individuals who qualified for settlement under the Points-Based System can apply for settlement as dependants of Points-Based System Migrants. Previously the Immigration Rules allowed dependents of those who qualified for settlement on the basis of long residence to also apply. The change will mean such dependants will need to apply for leave to remain under the 'new' rules for family members in Appendix FM before they can qualify for settlement.
This means that for PBS dependants who are applying to 'switch' into the partner of a settled person route on or after 6 April 2014 will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM.

There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Where those on the transitional provision will be affected by these new changes is that they will have to complete the two years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa (as from 6 April 2014, they can no longer combine leave under Part 8 with leave as a PBS dependant).
Unfortunately, those PBS dependants who do not fall into this category will need to wait for five years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa.
- See more at: http://www.drummondmiller.co.uk/news/20 ... EArjh.dpuf[/quote]

EXACTLY.! Thats what i read as well.

So i think the transational period is still valid but changed. Instead of counting PBS time period, dependents have to complete 2 years for ILR (only those befire July 2012).! All otgers 5 rs.!

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:03 pm

scorpio81 wrote:Thnx for your reply.!

[/quote]

So i think the transational period is still valid but changed. Instead of counting PBS time period, dependents have to complete 2 years for ILR (only those befire July 2012).! All otgers 5 rs.!
[/quote]

This is why we applied by post at very last second today...instead of going thru PEO after 6th april.

Even we havnt receive BRP...we sent approval letter and I mention that soon we receive BRP we will send thru post..

I received my ILR BRP on 2nd april and got wife FLRM on 4th april yesterday. ..and sent SETM today at 13:00 hours post office said they will receive on Tuesday. ...

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:07 pm

maaan143 wrote:
scorpio81 wrote:Thnx for your reply.!

[/quote]

This is why we applied by post at very last second today...instead of going thru PEO after 6th april.

Even we havnt receive BRP...we sent approval letter and I mention that soon we receive BRP we will send thru post..

I received my ILR BRP on 2nd april and got wife FLRM on 4th april yesterday. ..and sent SETM today at 13:00 hours post office said they will receive on Tuesday. ...[/quote]

Yes when I read this first time I draw same conclusion as you guys but senior member on here said no it will be 5 years. So I applied for FLR(m) for Mrs today just to be on safe side.

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:12 pm

[/quote]

I received my ILR BRP on 2nd april and got wife FLRM on 4th april yesterday. ..and sent SETM today at 13:00 hours post office said they will receive on Tuesday. ...[/quote]

Yes when I read this first time I draw same conclusion as you guys but senior member on here said no it will be 5 years. So I applied for FLR(m) for Mrs today just to be on safe side. [/quote]

Is it possible to apply for dependents FLR M while SET LR is in process and no decission has been made.?
Coz we need to have the status of a settled person for ur dependents to switch on it.?

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello maaan143
Congratulations on ur and ur spouse success. Could u please tell me what did the case worker write in his hand waiting?.Did he write anything about old rules?.Did he write it on a separate paper?
My wife has got flrm and i m trying to get peo appointment for setm. Howdid u get app as i codnot find online app be4 end of this month.
Thanks

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi everybody
I would like to thanks all member who are sharing their experience and discussing ILR issues here it been tiring 4 weeks as i first applied my ILR and then i posted my wife FLR(M) on Friday.But in the end i am happy i was able to send documents in time.I would like to thanks all senior member and special thanks to SSWSZ.

Can some body update my ILR time line on skydrive

Application Sent:17/03/14
Acknowledgement Letter issued:19/03/14
Fee claimed by Home Office:19/03/14
Fee Out of Bank:21/03/14
Acknowledgement Letter received:24/03/14
Biometric Letter issued :25/03/14
Biometric letter received:28/03/14
Biometric done:29/03/14

Wife FLR(M) sent 04/04/14

Now waiting starts......

Best of luck to all members who have applied for ILR And to all of those who has to rush to apply FLR(M) for their spouses.

Hopefully all this effort will bring some rewards

stay bless and remember in ur prayers

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 pm

scorpio81 wrote:EXACTLY.! Thats what i read as well.

Yes when I read this first time I draw same conclusion as you guys but senior member on here said no it will be 5 years. So I applied for FLR(m) for Mrs today just to be on safe side. [/quote]

Is it possible to apply for dependents FLR M while SET LR is in process and no decission has been made.?
Coz we need to have the status of a settled person for ur dependents to switch on it.?[/quote]

Yes it is, thats is why applied today

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Coz we need to have the status of a settled person for ur dependents to switch on it.?[/quote]

Yes it is, thats is why applied today[/quote]

Ahaan..!

Thats quite strange coz then it means that u know that ur ILR is guaranteed.
So do we not have to attach our ilr with the dependents flr m application then.?

Anyways good luck and all the best for ur applucations dude.!

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm

sabidh12 wrote:Hello maaan143
Congratulations on ur and ur spouse success. Could u please tell me what did the case worker write in his hand waiting?.Did he write anything about old rules?.Did he write it on a separate paper?
My wife has got flrm and i m trying to get peo appointment for setm. Howdid u get app as i codnot find online app be4 end of this month.
Thanks

Thanks,

FLRM standard approval letter is according to 5 years time...but he wrote "expiry 04-04-2016" becaz I ask him that our visa will b for 2 years not 30 months...

Use special delivery and try to send SETM by midnight...dont wait for PEO for ur SETM...bcaz its still possible that u may not b able to incclude pbs dependent time in ur SETM after 6th....

I tried so many time for Appointment and then had it for 4th april...

Hoping that all PBS dependent can include PBs time after 6th

Thnks

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks for your valuable help.my lawyer gave me wrong information. Thanks God I started using this forum.

One more thing lets say I apply ilr on long residence base in August 14. And get this in four months time. My wife is dependant on me and her visa will expire on 7 mar 15 as dependant tier 1 general. Her own ten years will be completed on 12 apr 15 ( that's after 28 days) . So basically 35 days less . I have two questions'

1- will home office say that because the main applicant changed his visa and why dependant did not change and still on tier1 dependant and main applicant changed to ilr 3 or ; months ago.
2- how can she complete her 35 days to reach ten years.

Your help will be appreciated

Shah

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:29 pm

shahsahab wrote:Thanks for your valuable help.my lawyer gave me wrong information. Thanks God I started using this forum.

One more thing lets say I apply ilr on long residence base in August 14. And get this in four months time. My wife is dependant on me and her visa will expire on 7 mar 15 as dependant tier 1 general. Her own ten years will be completed on 12 apr 15 ( that's after 28 days) . So basically 35 days less . I have two questions'

1- will home office say that because the main applicant changed his visa and why dependant did not change and still on tier1 dependant and main applicant changed to ilr 3 or ; months ago.
2- how can she complete her 35 days to reach ten years.

Your help will be appreciated

Shah
You have to apply for her Flr(m) within 28 days of your approval. However HO is not very strict about it and exceptions been made. i highly recommend you to get her Flr (m) and once she got her 10 years completed u can apply her SET (LR)....seniors can advise better..

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks

I think you have not read my post completely if I apply her flrm then five years waiting for her . Because after 6 apr 14 she can not combine her previous stay with flrm.

And plz let me know is it necessary to apply her flrm after maximum

I know this is confusing. Any help will be appreciated

Shah

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm

shahsahab wrote:Thanks

I think you have not read my post completely if I apply her flrm then five years waiting for her . Because after 6 apr 14 she can not combine her previous stay with flrm.

And plz let me know is it necessary to apply her flrm after maximum

I know this is confusing. Any help will be appreciated

Shah
All I am saying is you have to apply for her Flr(m) within 28 days of ur SET (lr) approval & once her 10 years of lawful residency are completed you can apply for Her SET (lr).