ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sami3

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 am

thanks for the quick reply.

thats what i said to my solictor but she goes just tell your wife to tell the college that you just want to sit the exam straight away lol. shes going there on monday with her brother to have a chat with them.

this is the place
http://www.slscollege.co.uk/[/quote]

she is right as some applicants don't need to prepare for the course if they are fluent in English language. my wife never went for any course but prepared at home and sat the exam straight away and passed it. but she is masters in English literature.

but if you feel your wife needs some preparation then there is no harm in doing the course.

good luck

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 am

my wife lives in dina so i am trying to find a centre thats closer to her as well. anyone heard of http://www.ukcel.co.uk/ they have a centre which would great for her less traveling
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am

Can anyone tell rules about money in cash savings as fixed deposits? The eco rejected my visa and didnt consider the fixed deposit funds. We need these funds to meet income criteria. My husband has fixed deposits since 2012 in faysal bank, we can withdraw that money anytime by breaking the tdr with little penalty but bank can not give any letter stating what would be the penalty if we withdraw money. Can anyone guide me please. I was expecting when we applied in jan 2014, now my baby is born, our income criteria is 22400 pounds now, we have to use both category A and D.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 am

wasnav wrote:
prayforus wrote:Why didn't the ECO consider the property ownership documents? Is the property in your husbands name, i.e.; title deeds etc showing his name? Did you show the documents of the sale, and provide all the other necessary documents to do with the sale? Were the funds of the sale in your account for 6 months?

That is rather strange if you've provided all of what I have mentioned and they refused. Possibly worth appealing? Speak to a qualified immigration lawyer.
Property was in my husband's name and his elder brother. We didnt have registry, only transfer letter so we provided it and sale deed, pay order copy which we received. We transferred the funds in account one month before applying as sale took place then.
Sorry for your refusal, rules are clear anything to be used as saving you must have prove to show its been in your account for 6 months and prove of where it came from.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 am

wasnav wrote:Can anyone tell rules about money in cash savings as fixed deposits? The eco rejected my visa and didnt consider the fixed deposit funds. We need these funds to meet income criteria. My husband has fixed deposits since 2012 in faysal bank, we can withdraw that money anytime by breaking the tdr with little penalty but bank can not give any letter stating what would be the penalty if we withdraw money. Can anyone guide me please. I was expecting when we applied in jan 2014, now my baby is born, our income criteria is 22400 pounds now, we have to use both category A and D.
I don't think many people would know anything about fixed deposit especially if its held in Pakistan. But I guess if that account has been funded since 2012 then your husband must prove how it has been funded all this time, also eco would like to see some sort of official confirmation on the amount that would be available when the fixed deposit is broken.

If your husband has sold a property then you should have enough money there to apply under saving category ensuring this time you meet all the requirements, for some reason it sounds like the property sold was in Pakistan.

It may sound horrible now but you should consider reapply in 6 months time, get all your funds in one account preferably in a UK bank, start collecting all the necessary bank statements and other documents and put in a fresh application.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:08 am

tallojani wrote:
wasnav wrote:Can anyone tell rules about money in cash savings as fixed deposits? The eco rejected my visa and didnt consider the fixed deposit funds. We need these funds to meet income criteria. My husband has fixed deposits since 2012 in faysal bank, we can withdraw that money anytime by breaking the tdr with little penalty but bank can not give any letter stating what would be the penalty if we withdraw money. Can anyone guide me please. I was expecting when we applied in jan 2014, now my baby is born, our income criteria is 22400 pounds now, we have to use both category A and D.
I don't think many people would know anything about fixed deposit especially if its held in Pakistan. But I guess if that account has been funded since 2012 then your husband must prove how it has been funded all this time, also eco would like to see some sort of official confirmation on the amount that would be available when the fixed deposit is broken.

If your husband has sold a property then you should have enough money there to apply under saving category ensuring this time you meet all the requirements, for some reason it sounds like the property sold was in Pakistan.

It may sound horrible now but you should consider reapply in 6 months time, get all your funds in one account preferably in a UK bank, start collecting all the necessary bank statements and other documents and put in a fresh application.
Yes my husband sold property here in pakistan. Thanku for ur response.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:04 pm

@has0907

Do you know what is the time limit to fly after getting your visa? i have heard its 28 days or 90 days period? not too sure

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 pm

sami3 wrote:@has0907

Do you know what is the time limit to fly after getting your visa? i have heard its 28 days or 90 days period? not too sure

90 days.

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:10 pm

90 days. Visa's issued are now for 33 months; for which you should travel to the UK within the first 3 months.

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Is your husband british? If so I'm assuming he was British before the child's birth? Apply for child's right of abode. It's an automatic right for the child as he is british by decent. I applied for my daughter and it came in 8 days last month plus you will only need to show £18600 as income not £22400

Pm me for more info if needed

Wakas
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

Tabz5

Post by Tabz5 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:
Is your husband british? If so I'm assuming he was British before the child's birth? Apply for child's right of abode. It's an automatic right for the child as he is british by decent. I applied for my daughter and it came in 8 days last month plus you will only need to show £18600 as income not £22400

Wakas
Yes that's true I am also registering my baby in UK as his father is British we don't need to show 22400£ cz baby will also become British whn we fill the form of financial requirement it clearly say in above lines dt if baby is British he's exempt of this financial requirement

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:08 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:

Wakas
No my husband is on ILR and he has applied for naturalisation. So technically he is not british yet. :( but we hope he"ll get his passport by next month. Does this rule of right of abode apply even then? But baby is born before he became british.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:40 pm

networkers wrote:

90 days.

Thanks both of you :)

Tabz5

Post by Tabz5 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:11 pm

wasnav wrote:
humawakas2014 wrote:

Wakas
No my husband is on ILR and he has applied for naturalisation. So technically he is not british yet. :( but we hope he"ll get his passport by next month. Does this rule of right of abode apply even then? But baby is born before he became british.
Dts fine ur baby will still considered as British citizen soon ur husband gets his passport u register ur baby there cz my family friend was in same situation they had baby girl and her father got his citizenship after she born nw baby also got British passport so nothing to worry

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:19 pm

@Tabz5 But how and where to register our daughter in uk when my husband gets his passport? Till now i knew we need settlement visa for both me n my daughter and she"ll get her passport when she reaches uk. Can you please confirm it.

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Can some one tell me please that where are all our visa papers being processed? Some say Dubai, some say islamabard, where are they actually held ?

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:37 pm

I think islamabad. I got refusal yesterday and the stamp on passport says islamabad.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:58 pm

wasnav wrote:I think islamabad. I got refusal yesterday and the stamp on passport says islamabad.

sorry to hear that.
when did you apply?

Tabz5

Post by Tabz5 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:08 pm

wasnav wrote:@Tabz5 But how and where to register our daughter in uk when my husband gets his passport? Till now i knew we need settlement visa for both me n my daughter and she"ll get her passport when she reaches uk. Can you please confirm it.
You need to send ur related documents to overseas registration unit foreign and common wealth office PO BOX 6255 MILTON KENYES MK101XX. whn she b registered apply for overseas passport. Mean while u can reapply ur case it will not effect it case also Bt it will make ur case strong.
Last edited by Tabz5 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Tabz5 wrote:
wasnav wrote:@Tabz5 But how and where to register our daughter in uk when my husband gets his passport? Till now i knew we need settlement visa for both me n my daughter and she"ll get her passport when she reaches uk. Can you please confirm it.
You need to send ur related documents to overseas registration unit foreign and common wealth office PO BOX 6255 MILTON KENYES MK101XX. whn she b registered apply for overseas passport. Mean while u can reapply ur case it will not effect it case also Bt it will make ur case strong.
Can you tell me any link where i can find what documents are exactly required and exact procedure please.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 pm

sami3 wrote:
wasnav wrote:I think islamabad. I got refusal yesterday and the stamp on passport says islamabad.

sorry to hear that.
when did you apply?
Initially i had applied in june 2013, it was on hold in sept 2013. I withdrew the application. Then i reapplied in jan 2014 and was not informed whole time that my case was on hold. Yesterday i got call to collect passport. Refusal.

mooty

Post by mooty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:08 pm

@wasnav. Sorry to hear about your refusal. What reasons were given for refusal? are you contemplating an appeal or reapplying?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

AMRKHN wrote:Can some one tell me please that where are all our visa papers being processed? Some say Dubai, some say islamabard, where are they actually held ?
Settlement visas are processed in Islamabad and non-settlement visas in Abu Dhabi.

Most initial checks are done at visa application centres and then checked by Eco in Islamabad with final decision with them, hence why you have visa processing times for each application centre. Any documents that need to be verified will lead to longer processing time.

Biometrics which are done at application centre are sent to UK electronically and checked against relevant databases to check for any previous history etc.

blumango

Post by blumango » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:56 pm

salam all,

this may sound like a stupid question but how do u know if visa granted or refused when u collect your case?
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Tabz5

Post by Tabz5 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:01 pm

wasnav wrote:
Tabz5 wrote:
Can you tell me any link where i can find what documents are exactly required and exact procedure please.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth/y/p ... /in_the_uk