ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh786786

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by farrukh786786 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:20 pm

2011maryam wrote:Hey

Up date on my appeal hearing which was today.

Had a really good appeal - not many questions asked, judge and home office solicitor was satisfied with a financial requirement on my behalf. So no further questions asked for that.

My hubby was a overstayer on his student visa so when the eco refused our application on this basis 320 (11) - which means that he aggravated immigration rules.
Apart from being a overstayer he had no other aggravated factors, but the home office solicitor believed as his college fees were not paid this was.
The home office solicitor told the judge he didn't have any evidence as the home office building was flooded at xmas so majority of files were destroyed so he is unable to back this with anything - home office asked me questions about this and i advised I wasn't sure if fees were owing as this would of been owed before he met me.

That was all it was quite straightforward and I think I will get a positive response.
Congras may Allah turn it out in ur favour.By the way when you're expecting the judge's statement on it ? After 10 workings days or after 3 weeks ??

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:

Up date on my appeal hearing which was today.

Had a really good appeal - not many questions asked, judge and home office solicitor was satisfied with a financial requirement on my behalf. So no further questions asked for that.

My hubby was a overstayer on his student visa so when the eco refused our application on this basis 320 (11) - which means that he aggravated immigration rules.
Apart from being a overstayer he had no other aggravated factors, but the home office solicitor believed as his college fees were not paid this was.
The home office solicitor told the judge he didn't have any evidence as the home office building was flooded at xmas so majority of files were destroyed so he is unable to back this with anything - home office asked me questions about this and i advised I wasn't sure if fees were owing as this would of been owed before he met me.

That was all it was quite straightforward and I think I will get a positive response.
Congras may Allah turn it out in ur favour.By the way when you're expecting the judge's statement on it ? After 10 workings days or after 3 weeks ??
He said within 2 weeks inshallah
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 am

@MGH and @2011maryam could you both kindly inform me did Judge ask for recent payslips ? Or solicitor of Home office did ask for ??
@maryam you have said they are satisfied with ur financial requirement as far u mentioned earlier u were not refuse on financial grounds did they asked question about this ?
Your answer will be much appreciated.best of luck for ur appeal outcome!!

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:35 am

farrukh786786 wrote:@MGH and @2011maryam could you both kindly inform me did Judge ask for recent payslips ? Or solicitor of Home office did ask for ??
@maryam you have said they are satisfied with ur financial requirement as far u mentioned earlier u were not refuse on financial grounds did they asked question about this ?
No recent payslips for requested, only the refusal points were discussed.

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:@MGH and @2011maryam could you both kindly inform me did Judge ask for recent payslips ? Or solicitor of Home office did ask for ??
@farrukh786786
No recent payslips asked for.
The eco refused my application as i got 2 payslips in one month as there was a error at work with one of my slips - i got a letter from work explaining this and no further questions where asked as the home office solicitor was happy with the letter.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:40 pm

[quote="2011maryam"][quote="farrukh786786"]@MGH and @2011maryam could you both kindly inform me did Judge ask for recent payslips ? Or solicitor of Home office did ask for ??
Your answer will be much appreciated.best of luck for ur appeal outcome!

My main issue was that my wife overstayed on a previous visit visa and absconded. However, she handed herself in and returned to Pakistan to make a genuine application, I had to convince the judge that although she made mistakes, these should now be overlooked and a visa issued.

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:11 pm

@2011maryam and @MGH really thankful for ur prompt responses.May Allah give u success in this painful journey.

AcePoetry
Newly Registered

Post by AcePoetry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:50 am

So my spouses case was rejected 11/01/16.

Passed everything apart from the fact they believe
It was not a real marriage. No proof apparently.

Well if 6months of whatsapp logs, emails, calls,
Money transfers, wedding pics isnt enough then
I guess they are going against their own guidance
On their own home office website.

Anyway I am appealing (went for oral hearing)

So early in the appeal process that I have not heard anything
Since i paid for it, apart from an email 12 days ago
Saying they have taken the payment.

Anyway im going pakistan to see my wife in a few weeks
Because being apart and stressed can only have a
Negative affect on our marriage so Im going to
Make sure shes ok and to reassure her.

What can i expect next guys?

Yh i know im probably looking at a year wait by the way!

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:58 am

AcePoetry wrote:So my spouses case was rejected 11/01/16.

Hi, sorry to hear the news of your rejection. The next stage is that you should receive a review deadline date, this is the time an entry clearance manager has to review your reasons for refusal and overturns the original decision. This is currently around 15 weeks from the date of submitting appeal. From what other people on the forum have written they are not reviewing within the deadlines. If the ECM is satisfied that the original decision was wrong call letter will be sent out and visa issued. However, if the original decision is upheld the case will be listed for court. The timescale for this is in excess of one year. I would suggest if you can make a fresh application after this trip to Pakistan it would be better. Fresh application with more recent photos of you and your spouse. Hopefully it will be quicker. Best of luck!!

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 am

AcePoetry wrote:So my spouses case was rejected 11/01/16.

Please try and include Eid cards, birthday cards and valentines cards in your applications, I know they are small and petty but go a long way in proving the marriage is genuine and subsisting.

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey

As u all know my appeal hearing was on monday 8th feb by the grace of Allah we have today received a letter from the judge saying are appeal was successful so just waiting for our call letter now

Allhamdulilah its been a long and painful journey but finally reached our destination

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:21 pm

As u all know my appeal hearing was on monday 8th feb by the grace of Allah we have today received a letter from the judge saying are appeal was successful so just waiting for our call letter now

Allhamdulilah its been a long and painful journey but finally reached our destination
Mashallah im still buzzing for u xxxxxx
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Congrats. May Allah give everyone on this forum the good news from home office they are waiting for. Aameen

Pak86

Post by Pak86 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:54 pm

I am sooo happy for you. Congratulations for the good news sis xxxx
Sister can you please let me know after how long did u get the letter for a court date after your review was unsuccessful? I am waitingto hear from the court but I don't know how long this process takes.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Just found out my wifes application was refused today
Actually hurt so bad.

Everything was fine and it was solely rejected on
The fact i didnt supply enough communication
And they subsequently think the marriage was
Not legit.

I submitted 6 months of whatsapp logs, emails,
Skype records, calls and wedding pics in terms of
Communication, how could they reject it. There is
No other form of communicating is there?

I earn 35k a year
I had 40k in savings
I actually work for the Government why would i
Risk my job for a sham marriage.

We will have to appeal as the grounds for refusal
Were so weak.

I dont know where to start could someone please
Help me during this difficult period[/quote]

This is really sad honestly. How can they reject on these basis. Brother if you have any questions feel free to ask.[/quote][/quote]

Its a joke i work for these guys and they have treated
Me like this. It hurts alot.

My wife was in tears, her application rejected
For no reason. This lengthy process is unfair
I should be able to take them to court tomorrow
Why am i wasting time with my wife and going
Through this stress.

Anyway, how do i go about an appeal?

Is it a longer process than reapplying then?

Im a well educated man did
Not want this but do I now involve a solicitor?

Could you advise on what you all did once it was
Rejected.

So sorry for these waves of questions, but i know you
All understand as you have been through it or are still going through this

You missed out Eid cards, birthday cards, Valentine cards. Also pics of you and your wife after the wedding on days out!!

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Pak86 wrote:

I am sooo happy for you. Congratulations for the good news sis xxxx
Sister can you please let me know after how long did u get the letter for a court date after your review was unsuccessful? I am waitingto hear from the court but I don't know how long this process takes.
Thank u xx

Listed for court 18th September so about 2.5 weeks before deadline got court date about 1 week later

Appeal notice issued: 23rd June 2015
Listed for court: 18th September 2015
Final review date: 6th October 2015
Court hearing date: 8th February 2016

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm

@2011maryam Congratulations ..really happy for u ,your time scales has shown you had been very lucky in this process to get it done so quickly .Infact u got decision so quickly ..
So now u have to wait for 14 days or 28 days to get Home office response on this ???

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 pm

@rosie.x
Salam sister , did u get positive outcome as well ??

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello just had confirmation from the tribunal that my spouse visa application has been allowed, allhamdolillah

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm

MGH wrote:Hello just had confirmation from the tribunal that my spouse visa application has been allowed, allhamdolillah
Alhamdulillah. Cannot wait to hear the same from everybody else on this forum who are waiting for the outcome on their spouse visa. May Allah make it easy for everyone. Aameen

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:32 pm

dcfitness wrote:
MGH wrote:Hello just had confirmation from the tribunal that my spouse visa application has been allowed, allhamdolillah
Alhamdulillah. Cannot wait to hear the same from everybody else on this forum who are waiting for the outcome on their spouse visa. May Allah make it easy for everyone. Aameen
Not all clear just yet, my solicitor has advised that the home office are appealing against first tier tribunal decisions, just for the sake of it. We should wait 28 days within which my wife should get a call letter or notice of appeal against the first tier tribunal decision. What a joke.

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:06 pm

MGH wrote:
dcfitness wrote:
Not all clear just yet, my solicitor has advised that the home office are appealing against first tier tribunal decisions, just for the sake of it. We should wait 28 days within which my wife should get a call letter or notice of appeal against the first tier tribunal decision. What a joke.
May Allah help u,really do understand how u r feeling now. Dont loose hope as I guess Home office didnt have anything much to say against u so why they would appeal against first tier tribunal ??
But if would (God forbid) u have strong chances to win as one judge is unlikely to give verdict against another judge.
but It all makes us terribly tortured.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:22 pm

May Allah help u,really do understand how u r feeling now. Dont loose hope as I guess Home office didnt have anything much to say against u so why they would appeal against first tier tribunal ??
But if would (God forbid) u have strong chances to win as one judge is unlikely to give verdict against another judge.
but It all makes us terribly tortured.

I have just read the entire determination from the first tier tribunal judge, it is pretty comprehensive and clearly states all the reasons why the appeal has been allowed. Hopefully the home office will agree and send out a call letter.

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

@MGH in sha Allah brother you will be successful .May Allah grant patience to all of us.We are all praying for each other and really feels for everyone.May Allah give u bright success very soon and join with ur spouse.
Do you have any kid ??

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:39 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:@MGH in sha Allah brother you will be successful .May Allah grant patience to all of us.We are all praying for each other and really feels for everyone.May Allah give u bright success very soon and join with ur spouse.
Do you have any kid ??
Ameen, I wish everybody on this forum sweet success in their applications and appeals. Thankyou for your prayers, I have 2 children from my previous marriage. However no children with my current spouse.