ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by lolwe » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm

lolwe wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:41 pm
Any Zambrano carer who applies for EU settlement will be refused, if they have leave to enter or remain in the UK under Appendix FM

Immigration Rules Appendix EU EU, other EEA and Swiss citizens and family members

Annex 1 - Definitions

person with a Zambrano right to reside

a person who has satisfied the Secretary of State, including (where applicable) by the required evidence of family relationship, that, by the specified date, they are (and for the relevant period have been), or (as the case may be) for the relevant period in which they rely on having been a person with a Zambrano right to reside (before they then became a person who had a derivative or Zambrano right to reside) they were:

(a) resident for a continuous qualifying period in the UK with a derivative right to reside by virtue of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations, by satisfying the criteria in:

(i) paragraph (5) of that regulation; or

(ii) paragraph (6) of that regulation where that person’s primary carer is, or (as the case may be) was, entitled to a derivative right to reside in the UK under paragraph (5), regardless (where the person was previously granted limited leave to enter or remain under this Appendix as a person with a Zambrano right to reside and was under the age of 18 years at the date of application for that leave) of whether, in respect of the criterion in regulation 16(6)(a) of the EEA Regulations, they are, or (as the case may be) were, under the age of 18 years; and

(b) without leave to enter or remain in the UK granted under another part of these Rules
THE ONLY WAY at present for a Zambrano carer with leave to enter or remain under Appendix FM in the UK to be successful on an EU Settlement application is for the Home Office to grant the Zambrano carer "Leave Outside the Rules" also known as LOTR.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 am

Happy new week everyone.
I just want to leave this here for @IST(@Ngoo and anyone who has gone through appeal recently)
I know your EU Scheme was granted but also that you had an appeal for drf1. I am not sure of the outcome from your appeal. I have tried to look back in the thread but couldn't find anything. Did you hear anything from the court before your success?
I am just curious about the court process and timeline.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 am
Happy new week everyone.
I just want to leave this here for @IST(@Ngoo and anyone who has gone through appeal recently)
I know your EU Scheme was granted but also that you had an appeal for drf1. I am not sure of the outcome from your appeal. I have tried to look back in the thread but couldn't find anything. Did you hear anything from the court before your success?
@Greatgreat

My situation is as below.
DRF1 Refused august 2020
Appeal lodged august 2020 and since then haven’t heard anything from court not even received the instructions. I am still waiting to send the bundle yet to court because my case hasn’t been allocated

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 am

IST wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 am
Greatgreat wrote:
Happy new week everyone.
@Greatgreat

DRF1 Refused august 2020
Appeal lodged august 2020 and since then haven’t heard anything from court not even received the instructions. I am still waiting to send the bundle yet to court because my case hasn’t been allocated
Oh wow.. I'm in for a long wait then. Thanks.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:39 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 am
IST wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:
Happy new week everyone.
@Greatgreat

DRF1 Refused august 2020
I am sorry but it looks like we gonna wait for a while, I think COVID has changed things

What is your situation whith EUSS application?

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am

There are two arguments to put forward in court for a Zambrano carer with leave to remain under Appendix FM

Argument #1: The Rule is unlawful
Argument #2: The Rule is lawful, but I should be granted settlement anyway

Argument #1 has to be argued in the High Court. A First Tier Tribunal judge can not change the Immigration Rules. An Upper Tier Tribunal judge can not change the Immigration Rules. You can argue you had a legitimate expectation that you would be successful in your settlement application. You can say that at the time I applied for leave to remain, the only documentation by the Home Office was the Draft Appendix EU published in June 2018. The Draft Appendix EU did not mention having leave to remain would stop me from achieving settlement.

Argument #2 is a challenge to the SSHD/Home Office refusal to grant you leave outside the rules. The judge will want to see the letter you wrote to the SSHD/Home Office. The letter should outline the reasons why you should be granted leave outside the rules. The judge will also want to see the SSHD's response. If the judge feels you have good reasons to be granted settlement outside the rules (despite having leave to remain), the judge will rule in your favour.

lolwe wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm
lolwe wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:41 pm
Any Zambrano carer who applies for EU settlement will be refused, if they have leave to enter or remain in the UK under Appendix FM

Immigration Rules Appendix EU EU, other EEA and Swiss citizens and family members

Annex 1 - Definitions

person with a Zambrano right to reside

a person who has satisfied the Secretary of State, including (where applicable) by the required evidence of family relationship, that, by the specified date, they are (and for the relevant period have been), or (as the case may be) for the relevant period in which they rely on having been a person with a Zambrano right to reside (before they then became a person who had a derivative or Zambrano right to reside) they were:

(a) resident for a continuous qualifying period in the UK with a derivative right to reside by virtue of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations, by satisfying the criteria in:

(i) paragraph (5) of that regulation; or

(ii) paragraph (6) of that regulation where that person’s primary carer is, or (as the case may be) was, entitled to a derivative right to reside in the UK under paragraph (5), regardless (where the person was previously granted limited leave to enter or remain under this Appendix as a person with a Zambrano right to reside and was under the age of 18 years at the date of application for that leave) of whether, in respect of the criterion in regulation 16(6)(a) of the EEA Regulations, they are, or (as the case may be) were, under the age of 18 years; and

(b) without leave to enter or remain in the UK granted under another part of these Rules
THE ONLY WAY at present for a Zambrano carer with leave to enter or remain under Appendix FM in the UK to be successful on an EU Settlement application is for the Home Office to grant the Zambrano carer "Leave Outside the Rules" also known as LOTR.

lida56
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lida56 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm

@lolwe, Given your valuable proposal, for last resort, I may also challenge HO in AR, in case I receive a refusal after one and half years left in limbo.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm

IST wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:39 am
Greatgreat wrote:
IST wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:
Happy new week everyone.
@Greatgreat

DRF1 Refused august 2020
I am sorry but it looks like we gonna wait for a while, I think COVID has changed things

I am still waiting to hear from EUSS. I applied about 6 to 7 weeks ago

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
IST wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:
IST wrote:

@Greatgreat

DRF1 Refused august 2020

Good luck

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:33 pm

IST wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
IST wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

Good luck
Thanks @ IST

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Happy new week everyone.

Hello Greatgreat,
DFR1 Jan 2020
Refused Feb 2020
Appeal submitted April 2020
Paper hearing October 6th 2020, Waiting for the appeal outcome.

EU settlement application Jan 2020
Refused September 2020
Administrative Review September 2020
Still waiting for the Outcome.

Best of luck

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Happy new week everyone.

Hello Greatgreat,
DFR1 Jan 2020
Refused Feb 2020
Appeal submitted April 2020
Paper hearing October 6th 2020, Waiting for the appeal outcome.

EU settlement application Jan 2020
Refused September 2020
Administrative Review September 2020
Still waiting for the Outcome.

Best of luck
Thankd for sharing, wishing you the very best @ngoo. Not long anymore now for you!

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:10 am

lida56 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm
@lolwe, Given your valuable proposal, for last resort, I may also challenge HO in AR, in case I receive a refusal after one and half years left in limbo.
@lida56

The advice provided was for Zambrano carers with leave to remain under Appendix FM, who applied for settlement under Appendix EU.

You can only be successful on an administrative review under the EU Settlement Scheme if
  • the original decision-maker failed to apply, or incorrectly applied, Appendix EU
  • the original decision-maker failed to apply, or incorrectly applied, the published guidance in relation to the application
  • information or evidence that was not before the original decision-maker has been provided which shows that the applicant qualifies for a grant, or a different grant, of leave under Appendix EU

lida56
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lida56 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am

@lolwe, Thanks for your attention and guidance to correct me misunderstanding your point. I'm desperately seeking for a guidance to suite my case which is so exceptional, in case a refusal. I've provided all required documents and renewed them as was required by HO in Feb. According their guidance I should be eligible, and if the HO to be fair there is no excuse or justification. Anyhow, I should just wait for two more weeks and meantime send my complaint to PHSO.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am

lida56 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am
@lolwe, Thanks for your attention and guidance to correct me misunderstanding your point. I'm desperately seeking for a guidance to suite my case which is so exceptional, in case a refusal. I've provided all required documents and renewed them as was required by HO in Feb. According their guidance I should be eligible, and if the HO to be fair there is no excuse or justification. Anyhow, I should just wait for two more weeks and meantime send my complaint to PHSO.
@lida56, You can not send your complaint to the PHSO. Your MP has to send the complaint to the PHSO. You can fill out the form and send it to your local MP.

The PHSO takes a long time to process applications. I would not wait to send the complaint to the PHSO. Even if the Home Office give you a decision, the PHSO need to know what happened to you. You may be eligible for compensation, or at least an apology.

There are at least two aspects to your complaint. First, they have not given you a decision. Second, they took over 16 months to give you a decision. Even if they do give you a decision, you still have the complaint about the length of time it took to receive a decision.

If you involve the PHSO, the Home Office is likely to be more careful in how they review your application.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 am

For Zambrano carers who have lived in the UK for 10 years or more

Leave outside the Immigration Rules
This guidance tells UK Visas and Immigration when it may be appropriate to exercise discretion to grant leave outside the Immigration Rules (LOTR) on the basis of compelling compassionate grounds (other than family and private life, medical, asylum or protection grounds).

Applying overseas for LOTR
Any compelling compassionate factorsthey wish to be considered, including any documentary evidence, must be raised within the application for entry clearance on their chosen route.

Applying in the UK for LOTR
Any compelling compassionate factors they wish to be considered, including any documentary evidence, mustbe raised within the application on their chosen routefor it to be considered, if the requirements for leave on their chosen route are not met.

If an applicant in the UK wishes to be considered for a grant of indefinite leave to remain (ILR) outside the Immigration Rules, they should apply on form SET(O)and pay the relevant fees and charges. Applications for ILR are not covered by the fee waiver policy. ILR applications need to be accompanied by the correct fee tobe consideredas valid.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm

For Zambrano Carers who have been refused indefinite leave to remain via the EU Settlement Scheme - The Exceptional Circumstances Argument

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v11ext.pdf

Per the Home Office Guidance - Published on 16 October 2020

There may be rare cases in which either a longer period of leave or an early grant of ILR is considered appropriate, because there are other particularly exceptional or compelling reasons to grant leave for a longer period (or ILR).

If the applicant specifically requests a longer period of leave than 30 months, or ILR, and provides reasons as to why they think a longer period of leave or ILR is appropriate in their case, you must consider this and set out in any decision letter why a grant of more than 30 months or ILR has not been made.

There is discretion to grant a longer period of leave or ILR outside the rules where there are other particularly exceptional or compelling reasons to do so. There must be sufficient evidence to demonstrate the individual circumstances are not just unusual but can be distinguished to a high degree from other cases to the extent that it is necessary to deviate from a standard grant of 30 months’ leave to remain.

In all cases the onus is on the applicant to provide evidence as to why they believe that a longer period of leave (or ILR) is necessary and justified on the basis of particularly exceptional or compelling reasons.

Reasons to grant ILR early, are likely to be easily identifiable on their individual facts, for example, where it is considered that the precariousness of limited leave would create such serious distress as to have a disproportionately detrimental effect on the person’s health or welfare that it would prevent recovery or development. The threshold is high and concerns the direct effect on the person concerned.

Where granting a non-standard period of limited leave to the applicant, because it is accepted that there are exceptional reasons for doing so, this leave will have to be granted outside the Immigration Rules as there is no provision within Appendix FM for granting limited leave for a period of more than 30 months. This also applies to ILR, where this is granted outside of a valid ILR application or where the requirements of the rules are not met. If there are exceptional reasons to grant ILR, this should be granted outside the rules.

ojoke2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ojoke2020 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Hello everyone,
@Snooky and every senior member pls.

Hope you're all good. Please I've just received a decision of my long applied EUSS(Application originally submitted last year September) and was refused.
I want your opinion on what best step to take as I've been given the option of judicial review, another application or an appeal. Below is the detailed decision I received via email. Thank you for your ongoing support.

EU settlement application made September 2019
Refused October 2020

DFR1 application July 2020
Refused September 2020
Appeal submitted September, waiting for hearing date.

"Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.

The remainder of this letter details the reasons your application has been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us. In making this decision, we have complied with our duty under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision, namely (Name of child), your sponsor, (Name of child), and (Name of child). This duty cannot on its own satisfy the eligibility requirements of the EU Settlement Scheme for a person with a Zambrano right to reside, but in assessing your application, each child’s best interests have been a primary consideration.

Reasons why your application has been refused

We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.

You have not demonstrated that (Name of child) would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period.
You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where (Name of child) would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.

In order to demonstrate that (Name of child) would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you had no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as her primary carer.

An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means (Child’s name) will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have not made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.

An Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.

Although you previously applied for leave, and were refused under Human Rights - Article 8 on 30 September 2013, Leave Outside the Rules on 5 December 2016 from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, it is considered that your circumstances have changed since those decisions were made.

This is because, since making those applications, your sponsor has gained British citizenship on 11 April 2019. Therefore, an Appendix FM application is available to you, with (Child’s name) as your sponsor.
Following your change of circumstances, it is considered that such an application or claim may have a realistic prospect of success in your case because it is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and because there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim may be refused.
Please note that this assessment is without prejudice to the outcome of any future Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim you may submit which will be determined on the basis of its individual merits.

It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules or those for pre-settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that Appendix. Therefore, you have been refused settled status and pre-settled status under rule EU6.

We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and only have access to electronic copies of the documents you submitted in support of your application. We are therefore unable to return your supporting documents at this time. However, steps will be taken to return your documents as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please ensure that you keep us up to date with any change of address to ensure that documents are returned to the correct location. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Next steps If you have additional information or evidence that shows you meet the requirements, you can make another application to the EU Settlement Scheme at any time online at: https://apply-for-eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk.

Applications are free of charge and you have until 30 June 2021, or until any status you currently hold under the scheme ceases to be valid, to reapply.

If you wish to re-apply as a person with a derivative right to reside, you will need to call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre to request another paper application form. Their contact information can be found at www.gov.uk/contactukvi-inside-outside-u ... led-status.

If you wish to apply on another basis, you may be able to apply online at applyfor-eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk. You can find out more about the requirements at www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.

Alternatively, you can apply for an administrative review if you think the decision maker made an error or did not follow the published guidance, or where you have new information or evidence in support of your application.

You have 28 calendar days from the date on which you receive this decision to apply for an administrative review. Information on how to apply for an administrative review, the process and the fees payable are all available online at: www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settlementscheme ... ive-review.

The administrative review application form is available online at: https://visasimmigration.service.gov.uk ... min-review.

You can also appeal this decision to the First Tier Tribunal under the Immigration Citizens’ Rights Appeals (EU Exit) Regulations 2020.

If you are in the UK on the date of this decision you have 14 calendar days after the date this letter is sent to appeal. If you are outside the UK on the date of this decision you have 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to appeal.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this letter, you can call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre anytime from Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.

Opening hours during bank holidays can be found on gov.uk: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside- ... led-status:
Calling from inside the UK: 0300 123 7379
Calling from outside the UK: +44 203 080 0010

Further details on contacting us can be found on our website: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y"

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:19 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:04 pm
Hello everyone,

Hope you're all good. Please I've just received a decision of my long applied EUSS(Application originally submitted last year September) and was refused.
I want your opinion on what best step to take as I've been given the option of judicial review, another application or an appeal. Below is the detailed decision I received via email. Thank you for your ongoing support.

Refused October 2020

Refused September 2020

"Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.

The remainder of this letter details the reasons your application has been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us. In making this decision, we have complied with our duty under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision, namely (Name of child), your sponsor, (Name of child), and (Name of child). This duty cannot on its own satisfy the eligibility requirements of the EU Settlement Scheme for a person with a Zambrano right to reside, but in assessing your application, each child’s best interests have been a primary consideration.

We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.

You have not demonstrated that (Name of child) would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period.
You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where (Name of child) would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.

In order to demonstrate that (Name of child) would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you had no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as her primary carer.

An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means (Child’s name) will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have not made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.

An Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.

Although you previously applied for leave, and were refused under Human Rights - Article 8 on 30 September 2013, Leave Outside the Rules on 5 December 2016 from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, it is considered that your circumstances have changed since those decisions were made.

This is because, since making those applications, your sponsor has gained British citizenship on 11 April 2019. Therefore, an Appendix FM application is available to you, with (Child’s name) as your sponsor.
Following your change of circumstances, it is considered that such an application or claim may have a realistic prospect of success in your case because it is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and because there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim may be refused.
Please note that this assessment is without prejudice to the outcome of any future Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim you may submit which will be determined on the basis of its individual merits.

It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules or those for pre-settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that Appendix. Therefore, you have been refused settled status and pre-settled status under rule EU6.

We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and only have access to electronic copies of the documents you submitted in support of your application. We are therefore unable to return your supporting documents at this time. However, steps will be taken to return your documents as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please ensure that you keep us up to date with any change of address to ensure that documents are returned to the correct location. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Next steps If you have additional information or evidence that shows you meet the requirements, you can make another application to the EU Settlement Scheme at any time online at: https://apply-for-eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk.

Applications are free of charge and you have until 30 June 2021, or until any status you currently hold under the scheme ceases to be valid, to reapply.

If you wish to re-apply as a person with a derivative right to reside, you will need to call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre to request another paper application form. Their contact information can be found at www.gov.uk/contactukvi-inside-outside-u ... led-status.

If you wish to apply on another basis, you may be able to apply online at applyfor-eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk. You can find out more about the requirements at www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.

Alternatively, you can apply for an administrative review if you think the decision maker made an error or did not follow the published guidance, or where you have new information or evidence in support of your application.

You have 28 calendar days from the date on which you receive this decision to apply for an administrative review. Information on how to apply for an administrative review, the process and the fees payable are all available online at: www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settlementscheme ... ive-review.

The administrative review application form is available online at: https://visasimmigration.service.gov.uk ... min-review.

You can also appeal this decision to the First Tier Tribunal under the Immigration Citizens’ Rights Appeals (EU Exit) Regulations 2020.

If you are in the UK on the date of this decision you have 14 calendar days after the date this letter is sent to appeal. If you are outside the UK on the date of this decision you have 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to appeal.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this letter, you can call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre anytime from Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.

Opening hours during bank holidays can be found on gov.uk: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside- ... led-status:

Further details on contacting us can be found on our website: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y"
Hi @ojoke2020. Sorry to hear about your refusal. I'd advise you go for the administrative review while you wait for the court for your drf1. I'm sure @IST will come along to advise as she went through AR route. Just look through the thread for advise on how to go about it.
Do you have any existing leave to remain?

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:19 pm
ojoke2020 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Refused October 2020

Refused September 2020

Hi @ojoke2020. Sorry to hear about your refusal. I'd advise you go for the administrative review while you wait for the court for your drf1. I'm sure @IST will come along to advise as she went through AR route. Just look through the thread for advise on how to go about it.

Hi
It is do said to see that HO is just refusing people just for refusing sake but not in accordance to the law.

In R (on the application of Alvi) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2012] UKSC 33 ruling makes HO reasons illegal and unlawful.

You can appeal as HO decision is contrary to their policy and the rules set out in the Withdrawal Agreement.

You can do a new application as if you are refused, you will gain appeal right under reg 36.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:43 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Refused October 2020

Refused September 2020

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

You can apply for AR on this link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... GwodfDULPg and Snooky has published the supporting argument is on this thread just go thru the pages.
Good luck

ojoke2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ojoke2020 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
ojoke2020 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Refused October 2020

Refused September 2020

Hi
It is do said to see that HO is just refusing people just for refusing sake but not in accordance to the law.

In R (on the application of Alvi) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2012] UKSC 33 ruling makes HO reasons illegal and unlawful.

You can appeal as HO decision is contrary to their policy and the rules set out in the Withdrawal Agreement.

You can do a new application as if you are refused, you will gain appeal right under reg 36.

@IST, Thank you for your reply, much appreciated

@Greatgreat, thanks so much. As for your question I do not have any existing leave to remain. I've made many applications in the past under Appendix FM and were refused.

@Snooky, thanks a lot. Pls., kindly expatiate more on your second opinion for new application and given appeal under regulation 36, I do not understand
I'm been given an appeal option now to the first tier tribunal under immigration citizen's Right Appeal (EU EXIT) REGULATION 2020.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm
snooky wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:
ojoke2020 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Refused October 2020

Refused September 2020

Hi

@Greatgreat, thanks so much. As for your question I do not have any existing leave to remain. I've made many applications in the past under Appendix FM and were refused.

@Snooky, thanks a lot. Pls., kindly expatiate more on your second opinion for new application and given appeal under regulation 36, I do not understand
I'm been given an appeal option now to the first tier tribunal under immigration citizen's Right Appeal (EU EXIT) REGULATION 2020.
your second opinion for new application and given appeal under regulation 36, I do not understand

Meaning you can do a new application because if that application is refused, HO will have to give you am appeal right with the FTT so that a neutral body will decide the outcome. I dont trust HO on AR.

ojoke2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ojoke2020 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:40 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm
ojoke2020 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

Hi

your second opinion for new application and given appeal under regulation 36, I do not understand

Meaning you can do a new application because if that application is refused, HO will have to give you am appeal right with the FTT so that a neutral body will decide the outcome. I dont trust HO on AR.

@ Snooky
Thank you for your patience, for more clarity on this same issue do you mean I should put in a fresh ( EU Settlement Scheme - Zambrano) application and if it is refused again, then, the HO will give me appeal right with FTT under regulation 36?

In this refusal I have an option to appeal with FTT under Immigration Citizens' Rights Appeal(EU EXIT) regulations 2020.

1. Please what is the difference between regulation 2020(EU Exit) and 36
2. Is it advisable to appeal this current refusal under regulation 2020 as stated in the refusal decision given to me to avoid AR of the HO and allow a neutral body to take the decision as you suggested
OR
Make a fresh paper application?

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:13 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:40 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm
ojoke2020 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Hi

@ Snooky
Thank you for your patience, for more clarity on this same issue do you mean I should put in a fresh ( EU Settlement Scheme - Zambrano) application and if it is refused again, then, the HO will give me appeal right with FTT under regulation 36?

In this refusal I have an option to appeal with FTT under Immigration Citizens' Rights Appeal(EU EXIT) regulations 2020.

1. Please what is the difference between regulation 2020(EU Exit) and 36
2. Is it advisable to appeal this current refusal under regulation 2020 as stated in the refusal decision given to me to avoid AR of the HO and allow a neutral body to take the decision as you suggested
OR
Make a fresh paper application?

Sorry, good. Appeal and you will win ok