ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sofroon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Hiya all

Congratulations to who recieved there visa and for those who got refused keep your faith in Allah SWT and He almighty will surely have something better planned for you ahead.

Going futher i have been emailing ukvi for an update on my status and as we all know we get standard replys, in the first one i got asked my husbands dob n gwf number then in the second one they have said we will escalate your case bla bla bla and asked for more info, i have emailed them again with information but we all know its a whole load of crap... Is there anyone here whos had same email to get there case escalated and then heard a decision???? Or can someone tell me what happns next?

Would appriciate if anyone could update their experiences with finding out your status on there email link.

Applied: 19 february 2014
Many Thanks

Sahar.ali22

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 pm

My husband applied on june 2013 and still waiting :oops: :oops: :oops:

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Sahar.ali22 wrote:My husband applied on june 2013 and still waiting :oops: :oops: :oops:
U met the financial requirement when u applied?
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

sami3

Post by sami3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:37 pm

arslan123 wrote:The Holy Qur'an again and again commands us to do so: 'Worship Him, and put your trust in Him.' (11:123); 'Say He is the All-Merciful. We believe in Him, and we put all our trust in Him.' (67:29); 'He is the Lord of the East and the West; there is no god but He; so take Him for a guardian.' (73:9). All these verses come to mean simply this -- a true Muslim should, in anything that he undertakes, rely neither on his own faculties nor on the help of a fellow creature, but should entrust himself completely to Allah, for He alone is All-Powerful, and He alone is the absolute helper.
MashAllah we all do trust in HIM and HE is merciful inshAllah. bro when did you apply?

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Applications may be taking 36 weeks to process?? What a bunch of clowns!! They should bring the bloody fee down if they are not meeting service expectations what a bloody joke.
Sad to say but i think this is going to start putting people off from marrying abroad!
Applying for my husband in the next month In Sha Allah..dreading the wait but the thought that Allah swt is behind every decision comforts me..
Stay strong guys
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:29 pm

th3 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:
blumango wrote:While waiting for ECO to decide my wife's spouse visa. I have done some quick research as the next stage when spouse visa is granted. This is what I understand:

1- spouse visa would be granted for 2.5years
2- after 2.5years visa will need to be extended for another 2.5years
3-to extend visa fill form flr (m)
4-you will need to provide all evidence again e.g meeting min income £18,600, accommodation, English test

is this correct? any links to relevant forum on guide on extending spouse visa?

I must admit I wasn't expecting this. I thought because it's merely a extension no need to provide all evidence again as in original application
Is this true?!? Even after 2.5 years our income should still be 18,600?!? Can anyone explain plz :?
Don't tell me you didn't know this... :?

Of course, the income should be +£18.6k at the 0, 2.5 and 5 year marks and the same evidential requirement exists for each time you'll be extending the visa.
I didnt think that far :? U got some official link to that?!?

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:38 pm

akhan47 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:Everyone that got refused, have u guys received all your papers back?!?
Not all, they gave an envelope back with passport and most documents but I noticed some are missing.
They didn't give any of our papers back, just passport n refusal letter! Emailed them twice but still haven't got nothing back! Don't know y theyre latching on to them for! :roll:

bigumar
Newly Registered

Post by bigumar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Tazmaniaa wrote:
zeeh wrote:
bigumar wrote:#9421

Slaamz everyone. 
Iv been following this group for a few months now. Mashallah its been very helpfull to lots of people.

Just like to share with you all some bad news i recieved on monday. After waiting for more than 10 months wifes visa got refused. She was put on hold coz apparently we didnt meet income requirement. Cant believe this has happened to us. Soo upset. They did not accept my income. Applied as selfemployed with 2 jobs and also showed rental income. Statements did not show cash in hand money being depositted into my account for the 12 month tax return period & also few months rental income was missing from statements coz tenants left. I did explain that when i sent further evidence but looks like they didnt accept it. Thinking of appealing or might apply again. Just soo confused at the moment. Dnt knw wot to do?
I emailed them last week & they replied on sunday saying decision has been made so my wife rang gerrys on.monday and they told her passport is here. Thats how we found out it had been refused since 12th & no one bothered to even let us know. 
Does anyone know whether its a good idea to appeal and how long does it normally take? With points they have refused it on should i just apply again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 

My timeline : 
1-11-2013 - applied at Mirpur 
21-3-2014 - further evidence requested and sent 
22-7-2014 - wife called in for interview at islamabad 
22-9-2014 - RFC Refused!!!
my advice is reapply visa case is not strong as you didnt deposit money into bank, and appeal same time.you can Appeal and also reapply.
Yh if you have all ur paperwork ready for ur next app thn re apply if not then lodge an appeal n then wen ur ready thn reapply.
Thats what im doing i got refused on the 9/9/14 but my paper work is not ready kuz i was receiving cash in hand and ive spoken to my emoloye n thy r guna start dd so ive got a long wait.. So ive lodged an appeal for tym being.. Allah does everything for a reason.
Hey thanks guys for all ur helpfull advice. Appreciate it.
Yeh seems like iv made few major errors with showing my income hence the refusal. I didnt know it is possible to appeal & re apply at the same time? If that is the case then yes i will be lodging an appeal & straight away start preparing for a new application which will take me 6 months +
Also i was wondering whether its a good idea to apply via Cat D cash savings this time round? I can get hold of £62500 from Dad as a gift to me etc. What are my chances with this? I know they are extremely strict with self employed income. Anyone done it with cash savings and been successful? Plz do share with us
And yes i did get all my documents back from gerrys Thankgod!

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 am

Can anyone please tell when you fill form on visa4uk website for your wife in the sponsor section what do u fill. I am doing it for my wife. But the sponsor is me. I can fill my details. do i need to fill that in I think it is only relavant if someone else is sponsoring the applicant. am i right can anyone please tell who has fill that form.

Thanks

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am

th3 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:
blumango wrote:While waiting for ECO to decide my wife's spouse visa. I have done some quick research as the next stage when spouse visa is granted. This is what I understand:

1- spouse visa would be granted for 2.5years
2- after 2.5years visa will need to be extended for another 2.5years
3-to extend visa fill form flr (m)
4-you will need to provide all evidence again e.g meeting min income £18,600, accommodation, English test

is this correct? any links to relevant forum on guide on extending spouse visa?

I must admit I wasn't expecting this. I thought because it's merely a extension no need to provide all evidence again as in original application
Is this true?!? Even after 2.5 years our income should still be 18,600?!? Can anyone explain plz :?
Don't tell me you didn't know this... :?

Of course, the income should be +£18.6k at the 0, 2.5 and 5 year marks and the same evidential requirement exists for each time you'll be extending the visa.
Unless the government changes and new government brings in new rules.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:29 am

Salaam

Does anyone know that BHC Islamabad is closed next week for Eid Holidays?

Applied: 20/01/2014
RFC: Not on hold but still waiting

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 am

Does anyone know if it's ok to keep asking ukvi every week for a status update?

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:07 am

wasimkhan wrote:I applied for my wife's settlement visa last week and have received an e-mail from BHC Islamabad with the below line:-

"Although our published service standards say that we will process settlement applications within 12 weeks, we are currently not meeting our service standards in this area and your application will therefore take longer to process. We are currently processing settlement applications within approximately 36 weeks"

Does anyone know if this processing time of 36 is accurate? Will it really take that long?

Anything I can do to speed it up?

Has anyone else received this e-mail?
Did you email them for a status update and receive this reply, or did they send this email to you on their own? :?

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:12 am

Moa7 wrote:Does anyone know if it's ok to keep asking ukvi every week for a status update?

you want to ask after 10 days??? this would be annoying as they already have mentioned on their website about new applications. They still need to clear backlog. people are waiting here for over a year. I dont think its a good idea to send them an email every week.

wasimkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wasimkhan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 am

Moa7 wrote:
wasimkhan wrote:I applied for my wife's settlement visa last week and have received an e-mail from BHC Islamabad with the below line:-

"Although our published service standards say that we will process settlement applications within 12 weeks, we are currently not meeting our service standards in this area and your application will therefore take longer to process. We are currently processing settlement applications within approximately 36 weeks"

Does anyone know if this processing time of 36 is accurate? Will it really take that long?

Did you email them for a status update and receive this reply, or did they send this email to you on their own? :?
They e-mailed this to me themselves, just a few days after submission. It looks like an automated e-mail for every new application.

Do you think it's worth writing to my MP to ask them to find out why they have said 36 weeks when on their website it says within 12 weeks?

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:31 am

Can anyone please tell what did u fill where sponsor is husband.

Can anyone please tell when you fill form on visa4uk website for your wife in the sponsor section what do u fill. I am doing it for my wife. But the sponsor is me. I can fill my details. do i need to fill that in I think it is only relavant if someone else is sponsoring the applicant. am i right can anyone please tell who has fill that form.

Thanks

blumango

Post by blumango » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 am

wasimkhan wrote:
Moa7 wrote:

They e-mailed this to me themselves, just a few days after submission. It looks like an automated e-mail for every new application.

Do you think it's worth writing to my MP to ask them to find out why they have said 36 weeks when on their website it says within 12 weeks?

bro, you winding us up? u submitting case last week and u already wanna contact mp?

look at my timeline. they have informed u 36weeks, they will keep replying you with this same response no matter who u tell np or sharuk khan.

wait till the 36weeks are up and then make a fuss
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:42 am

Visa rejected..... Documents came back all mixed up with some student rejection papers, I still have no idea why I got rejected, in fact I don't even know if I got rejected... Im soo lost.....

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 pm

AMRKHN wrote:Visa rejected..... Documents came back all mixed up with some student rejection papers, I still have no idea why I got rejected, in fact I don't even know if I got rejected... Im soo lost.....

Oh i am sorry to hear that. Did you not receive any refusal letter?? When did you receive the decision? were you on hold?

Stay strong bro

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:10 pm

AMRKHN wrote:Visa rejected..... Documents came back all mixed up with some student rejection papers, I still have no idea why I got rejected, in fact I don't even know if I got rejected... Im soo lost.....
Seriously just wow.

The documents cover bag that the gerry's lady put my documents in had someone else's old student visa application sticker on it and she left it like that, so from the outside my document pack seemed like a student visa application. I removed the sticker myself for my own comfort.

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:19 pm

I need some serious help right now, My wife received someone else's refusal letter and a few more papers, apparently this person was a student. How ever I applied for spouce visa for my wife.

I rang the number which I used to ring to find out status for my wife's visa and they said without the refusal letter there is no way you can find out you have been rejected.

Apparently a visa is just a stupid little sticker which gets stuck on your passport. This sticker gets put on by the Gerry's them self. Unless you receive a refusal letter instead of the sticker.

Gerry's told wife they will ring her again once they get her other letter from the bhc, we have everything we submitted back to us.

So I'm not giving up yet! In shaa Allah on Monday she will get the visa stuck on her passport, please people do dua for me.

I really didn't know the visa sticker comes in a different letter which the Gerry's stick on and stamp conforming they stuck it....

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Here is the sticker which we are all dieing for......

http://www.losthorizontreks.com/page1/f ... ge_185.jpg

I got this from google images.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 pm

raholptl wrote:Can anyone please tell what did u fill where sponsor is husband.

Thanks
Yes dude you are the sponsor, you must fill in your details in the sponsor section.

and a list will ask you what is your relation to your wife, but in the list husband/wife/spouse do not appear, you just choose 'other relative'.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

OPINIONS PLEASE GUYSSSSS!

Hi guys
my wife finally submitted her application today, now time for the painfully long wait.

Can I just ask for some opinions?

I feel we may have made a slight mistake on the Visa4Uk application online. Under the 'family details' section we gave the details of my father and mother (I'm guessing we should have given the details for her parents). We had completed the online form so we could not alter it. Stupid form could have made it a bit clearer! :(

I thought that she could ask the people at the visa application centre if she made a mistake and the best way to alter it (e.g. cross out my parents details and write her parents details next to them) .

They told her that it seems ok (but I get the feeling they don't know what they are talking about).

She has put her parents details in the personal details VAF4A form. which when she gave to them they said we did not even need to fill the form out because we had gone through online.

Who's details did you guys give in the' family details' section on visa4uk?

Basically I am asking do you think we will run into trouble because of this?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:47 pm

AMRKHN wrote:Here is the sticker which we are all dieing for......

http://www.losthorizontreks.com/page1/f ... ge_185.jpg

I got this from google images.
Bro the sticker you are referring to in the link is a Pakistani visit visa not a UK entry Visa.

When your wife opened the pack, assuming her passport was present. When my wife was refused, in her passport there was a number (refusal reference number). Check see if you have got that if yes then compare that to the reference on the refusal letter.

I pray bhc has made a mistake and you get your visa soon, it's heart-breaking to have a refusal.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all