ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CKP

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi KashRiz congrats bro
I am looking for some ss advice bro.

I am eligible to apply for ilr on 10 year long residency on nov 2014. I can also apply for ilr on tier 1 general 5 year route on dec 2015 ( after 1 year)

What do you think which one shall I go for.

I am bit nervous as I have seen some cases on this forum took nearly 12 months.

Please advise me

Thanks bro
KashRIz wrote:Thanks Shahjee.....You are not that far...may be 2 more week.....

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 pm

CKP wrote:Hi KashRiz congrats bro

I am eligible to apply for ilr on 10 year long residency on nov 2014. I can also apply for ilr on tier 1 general 5 year route on dec 2015 ( after 1 year)

Please advise me

Thanks bro
Do you have any dependents???
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Thanks KashRiz
I got wife as a dependant
She also eligible to apply for 10 year base ilr on dec 2014

Thanks

KashRIz wrote:
CKP wrote:Hi KashRiz congrats bro

Please advise me

Thanks bro
Do you have any dependents???

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm

hi CKP

i if your case is straight forward you may apply on long residency .Also the longest time line was for september applicants and it was five months. at the moment average time take is 12/13 weeks. you may have a advange for pbs ILR in 2015 as you would be able to do PEO. i dont think so it is 12 months except for one case of Amjad leeds but if you check his posts he had an excetional case

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:42 pm

ILR102014 wrote:GodHelps....... Congrates mate.......... njoy ILR
thanks hope you get your soon

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks GOd Helps
You mean it is better to go to 10 year ilr route. If it takes as long as one year than withdraw and apply through pbs route.

Wiating for your reply.

Thanks
Dr ckp
GOd Helps wrote:hi CKP

i if your case is straight forward you may apply on long residency .Also the longest time line was for september applicants and it was five months. at the moment average time take is 12/13 weeks. you may have a advange for pbs ILR in 2015 as you would be able to do PEO. i dont think so it is 12 months except for one case of Amjad leeds but if you check his posts he had an excetional case

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi CKP,
If you and ur wife both are eligible for SET (LR) by end of this year then go for Long residency as there are very little requirements for this visa as compare to others. But seniors like AMBER can advise better.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:05 pm

it is your decision but if I were you i would apply for long residency assuming the case is straight forward as you never know the changing laws of home officeand hopefullly it will take not more than 4 months . amjad leeds is the only applicant over 6 months as he had a vey complicated case.
as for flrm HO changed the rules without giving a usual 21 days notice and we are all in confusion now.

moonlight001
Newly Registered

Post by moonlight001 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi every body, my 10 year completing very soon, first student and Pws and tier 1 entreprenure visa, please any body tell me which docuemnts require for LR application, i need the list of complete documents, and also my home address only when come first time UK i did not change any address they ask me to prove of address. i am waiting the full list of documents

thanks

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi KashRiz and GOdHelps,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes our case is straight forward. All my visas were extended well before the end date of prevoius visas. I had one oddity on my passport when I went to france. There is no arrival stamp from french port of entry but I got arrival stamp at calis from ukba on my way back to UK.

What is your thought on this.

Thanks
Dr CKP
GOd Helps wrote:it is your decision but if I were you i would apply for long residency assuming the case is straight forward as you never know the changing laws of home officeand hopefullly it will take not more than 4 months . amjad leeds is the only applicant over 6 months as he had a vey complicated case.
as for flrm HO changed the rules without giving a usual 21 days notice and we are all in confusion now.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 pm

GOd Helps wrote:it is your decision but if I were you i would apply for long residency assuming the case is straight forward as you never know the changing laws of home officeand hopefullly it will take not more than 4 months . amjad leeds is the only applicant over 6 months as he had a vey complicated case.
I agree with this too.. this way you will have both the options open, in case HO gives you LR on 10 yrs bases in 3 months you win, otherwise you can always apply for ILR on PBS system when you qualify @ 5 yrs, to be honest i believe there are far less documents to submit if you submit on 10 yr basis, however its matter fo wait for 3/4 months time.

under new service standard effective from 1/1/14 HO has improved drastically specially 10 yr LR applications, and wait time has gone down significantly too.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm

moonlight001 wrote:Hi every body, my 10 year completing very soon, first student and Pws and tier 1 entreprenure visa, please any body tell me which docuemnts require for LR application, i need the list of complete documents, and also my home address only when come first time UK i did not change any address they ask me to prove of address. i am waiting the full list of documents

thanks

moonlight001 - its easy to ask question, however if you look at the form and the guideline your questions will be answered automatically, i suggest you do bit of home work and then ask question here.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

CKP wrote:Hi KashRiz and GOdHelps,

Yes our case is straight forward. All my visas were extended well before the end date of prevoius visas. I had one oddity on my passport when I went to france. There is no arrival stamp from french port of entry but I got arrival stamp at calis from ukba on my way back to UK.

Thanks
Dr CKP
do you not have exit stamp.. i assume not.. still dont worry about it, just explain in the covering letter and advise your actual day when you travelled out. as i mentioned before no harm in submitting 10 yr LR application, and wait for 5 yrs to finish on PBS basis.

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Congratulations to all Jan applicants, who hv got their BRPs and Approval letters.

Rang HO today, "application with case working team".

Application sent: 21/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter: 23/01/2014
Bio invitation : 07/02/2014
Bio done: 12/02/2014
Ilr ganted: Waiting
Document received: Waiting
Brp received: Waiting

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

zeeco786 wrote:Congratulations to all Jan applicants, who hv got their BRPs and Approval letters.

I rang to check my status - advised as pending :roll:

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Thank you HrdikShah, KashRiz, GOdHelps

I am going to ask you one question again please forgive me.

It is better to wait until 10 year mark or apply with in 28 days of 10 year completion.

thanks
Dr CKP

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Thanks
Dr CKP
do you not have exit stamp.. i assume not.. still dont worry about it, just explain in the covering letter and advise your actual day when you travelled out. as i mentioned before no harm in submitting 10 yr LR application, and wait for 5 yrs to finish on PBS basis.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 pm

i applied 20 days before and got it

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
zeeco786 wrote:Congratulations to all Jan applicants, who hv got their BRPs and Approval letters.

I rang to check my status - advised as pending :roll:
Hopefully we will get it within next couple of weeks. Fingers Crossed, keep praying and lets hope for the best.
Last edited by zeeco786 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

HI GOdHelps,

You gave me confidence to apply for ILR based on 10 Year route.

I can't wait to apply. but I have to wait few months.

Thanks
CKP
GOd Helps wrote:i applied 20 days before and got it

Riz27
Newly Registered

Post by Riz27 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

Would you receive the biometric card through Interlink courier ? Just wondering I expect the documents to come back in the envelope that I sent but how would biometric card arrive ?

Just received a text from Interlink courier saying they have a delivery for me tomorrow. God knows what it is, and I am not expecting the card to come in yet.

Any experience ?

Thank you

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Riz27 wrote:Hi guys,

Would you receive the biometric card through Interlink courier ? Just wondering I expect the documents to come back in the envelope that I sent but how would biometric card arrive ?

Just received a text from Interlink courier saying they have a delivery for me tomorrow. God knows what it is, and I am not expecting the card to come in yet.

Any experience ?

Thank you
card is though DX

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 pm

KashRIz wrote:Hi CKP,
If you and ur wife both are eligible for SET (LR) by end of this year then go for Long residency as there are very little requirements for this visa as compare to others. But seniors like AMBER can advise better.

Hi CKP,
I fully agree with KashRIz and GOd Helps. Your best route is to apply for LR, less documents to provide and less hassle. Think positive about the time line. We have seen the time line improve from 16-18 weeks to 12- 13 weeks. So I would say go for the LR.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:21 pm

thanks a lot KashRIz, I hope to get a time line like you :lol:
Please remember us in your prayers, and keep giving us your valued opinion every now and than. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Riz27 wrote:Dear Friends,

First of all I must pay my regards and gratitude to the people who have set up this platform and to those who are taking out time from their busy schedule to answer questions which might not even be relevant to you. Since I am silently reading and observing people like KashRiz, GodHelps, Shahjee, Shantha, Shah sahab and many others are doing a plausible job.

I wanted to be silent reader but you guys have tempted to be in here too, below is the timeline and please someone update the drive

18/02/2014 - Application sent
20/02/2014 - Fund deducted
21/02/2014 - Received acknowledgement
28/02/2014 - Biometrics letter issued
04/03/2014 - Biometrics letter received
05/03/2014 - Biometric Done
and since then waiting and reading you guys

Stay blessed and Regards
Hi Riz27,
Good to hear from you, it's always better when other members participate. So welcome to the waiting club. You are welcome to share your experience and give your valued feedback.
I will look in to the skydrive this evening and if your details are not updated by another member than I will update it there. Although you applied a week or so after me but interesting enough you and me recorded the biometrics on the same day. So fingers crossed we are looking at almost the same time line,. Please keep us posted with progress in your case. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 pm

I would advise you to apply 28 days before as by the time u will be submitting your application waiting time will be 10 weeks. So its better to apply 28 days before...

CKP wrote:Thank you HrdikShah, KashRiz, GOdHelps

I am going to ask you one question again please forgive me.

It is better to wait until 10 year mark or apply with in 28 days of 10 year completion.

thanks
Dr CKP

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Thanks
Dr CKP