ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bollyfan
Newly Registered

COngrats to bishnujee

Post by bollyfan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 am

Hi Bishnujee,

Heartly Congratulations to you.

i enquired last week & they said "Yet to be assigned to case worker".

Need to check this week .

cheers.
bollyfan.

Dina
Newly Registered

Post by Dina » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:23 am

Summary -

Application sent from INDIA
Age - 5 - Under 28
Education 25 - Master
Work Experience - 25
Past Earning - 25

Application sent on 26th Oct. 2006

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

My application status

Post by hsmper6thOct » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:00 pm

posted it before but just got updated.

Category: under 28 In country
education: 30
work experience : 25
past earnings: 50
Total: 110

Application sent:5-OCT-2006
HO Received: 6-Oct-2006
Ref No Received: 7-Oct-2006
CC charged: 9th Oct 2006
17 Oct 2006: Awaiting allocation for a caseworker
26 Oct 2006: Just called, primilinary decision made, but need to be confirmed in the final stage to make sure that 'they don't make mistakes'. They suggested me call again on Monday to check the result, which will be definitely made (and the application documents would be sent back to me by then). I then called my previous company but they said they had never received any enquiry. What would be the possible result? I asked him indirectly but he would not disclose any info at this stage because the result had not been finalised.
Last edited by hsmper6thOct on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:29 pm

Hsmper6thOct,
This second stage of review is normal in the case of all applications. When an applicaiton is reviewed and looks to be approved, they move it onto a second round of case workers to confirm approval. This doesn't necessarily mean that they contacted your employer. They might in the second round, but I wouldn't get worried that they did the first time and you just aren't hearing about it. This is a very normal part of the process.

Keep us posted! :)
uk4james

Just called, primilinary decision made, but need to be confirmed in the final stage to make sure that 'they don't make mistakes'. They suggested me call again on Monday to check the result, which will be definitely made (and the documents would be sent out by then). I then called my previous company but they said they had never received any enquiry. What would be the possible result? I asked him indirectly but he would not disclose any info at this stage because the result had not been finalised.

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Post by hsmper6thOct » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:47 pm

Thanks uk4james! I shall be waiting for their decision then... will update it asap no matter what result it is..
uk4James wrote:Hsmper6thOct,
This second stage of review is normal in the case of all applications. When an applicaiton is reviewed and looks to be approved, they move it onto a second round of case workers to confirm approval. This doesn't necessarily mean that they contacted your employer. They might in the second round, but I wouldn't get worried that they did the first time and you just aren't hearing about it. This is a very normal part of the process.

Keep us posted! :)
uk4james

Just called, primilinary decision made, but need to be confirmed in the final stage to make sure that 'they don't make mistakes'. They suggested me call again on Monday to check the result, which will be definitely made (and the documents would be sent out by then). I then called my previous company but they said they had never received any enquiry. What would be the possible result? I asked him indirectly but he would not disclose any info at this stage because the result had not been finalised.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:09 pm

Dear hsmp6thOct,
I am also an incountry applicant with wp, just applied before a week.

I have one doubt.. Are they just checking & verifying the documents what they have in hand, or they cross checking with our wp documents what we submitted for wp application?

This is a bit matter of worry for me since my wp application reference letter contents differ from my hsmp application reference letter contents

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Post by hsmper6thOct » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi hari15,
sorry that I am a student who worked 2 years before I came to the UK for my PhD study. Therefore i am not sure your question. But I suppose they won't use the materials of your wp application, as it is not the way they operation. just my own opinion.
best of luck with your application..
hari15 wrote:Dear hsmp6thOct,
I am also an incountry applicant with wp, just applied before a week.

I have one doubt.. Are they just checking & verifying the documents what they have in hand, or they cross checking with our wp documents what we submitted for wp application?

This is a bit matter of worry for me since my wp application reference letter contents differ from my hsmp application reference letter contents

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Re: My application status

Post by hsmper6thOct » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Updated a bit:
27 Oct: called again. The materials were with a case worker. wounldn't tell me how long it will take or the status.
hsmper6thOct wrote:posted it before but just got updated.

26 Oct 2006: Just called, primilinary decision made, but need to be confirmed in the final stage to make sure that 'they don't make mistakes'. They suggested me call again on Monday to check the result, which will be definitely made (and the application documents would be sent back to me by then). I then called my previous company but they said they had never received any enquiry. What would be the possible result? I asked him indirectly but he would not disclose any info at this stage because the result had not been finalised.

root

Post by root » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am

I called HO and case is assigned to caseworker on 26-oct-2006. hope to hear by the end of this week, but in case of verification might be late. they said to me my application is in final stages. didnt tell me that decision has been made.

Any senior members can tell me what is success rate of second time applicantions?

In my UK company reference letter , they mentioned my designation as senior IT Professional. I am claiming graduate level. This designation is not in casewoker manual , any guess how HO will treat it?

If anyone have seen my case, I have submitted past earnings evidence from sep 05 to aug 06 and HO received my application on 10-oct. if anyone thinks its a problem, Should I email about this problem and discuss it with my caseworker?

Plz reply urgently.
Last edited by root on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Status on 30-Oct: Waiting allocation to case worker :( !!
-----------
Dear sir

Your application has not yet been allocated to a case worker. Please allow 4-14 weeks for a decision.

Thanks

HSMP TEAM
-----------
ukjobsforme wrote:Update: 21-Oct-2006

Out-country applicant, 28+ category

Application sent by FedEx: 13-Oct-06
Application received by HO: 16-Oct-06
Reference No. received: 20-Oct-06
Reference No.: 089***

regards
Last edited by docitduo on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

vbellino

Post by vbellino » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:43 pm

Dear Applicants,

Please, when you receive your ref. number, what date do they tell you they acknowledge your application? The the date the payment was cleared or the date they input the app on their system?

My payment was cleared and application was forwarded by the Charging Team to the HSMP Team at Oct 24th, however, it does not appear in the HSMP system yet. HSMP Team told me last Friday it was likely to be input with a number of app. they had just received. So, I hope today or tomorrow latest. I'm quite worried as tomorrow is the end of the month. Actually, I'd like to have it received still this month, but not sure in the case they input if after tomorrow if the receipt date will be the input date or the payment clearing date, e.g., Oct 24th.

By the way, is it normal to have such transit delay between Charging Team and HSMP Team?

I just received the ref. number. Answering my own question, the receipt date is the date the application reaches the Charging Team. In my case Oct 18th.

Thanks!

V.
Last edited by vbellino on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:00 pm

Update on OCT 30th 2006. Still waiting on case worker. The HO worker told me that the average for a decision right now is 6-8 weeks from time of CC charge.

uk4James

Category: under 28 Out of country USA
education: 15
past earnings: 25

Total: 70

Ref No Received: 082***
Application sent: 7-OCT-2006
HO Received: 13-OCT-2006
cc charged: 16-OCT-2006

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:28 pm

uk4James wrote:Update on OCT 30th 2006. Still waiting on case worker. The HO worker told me that the average for a decision right now is 6-8 weeks from time of CC charge.

uk4James
Is it now taking 6 to 8 weeks???

I have been told as 4 to 6 weeks by my consultant before a week

Is that 6 to 8 weeks is average time for all?

Current performace site of UK govt site says that most of the applications are decided in 5 weeks (if no verification)

Rest are decided in 14 weeks (if with verification)

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Re: My application status

Post by hsmper6thOct » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 pm

30 Oct: called again. It is with case workers and still pending. Receptionist told me the result may come out 'very soon, maybe at the end of the week, or early next week, or several weeks'. suggested me call back on Friday.
hsmper6thOct wrote:Updated a bit:
27 Oct: called again. The materials were with a case worker. wounldn't tell me how long it will take or the status.
hsmper6thOct wrote:posted it before but just got updated.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Dear hsmper6thOct,
Why this much time in Caseworker's hand? Are they verifying with past employers?

Mostly for UK Students they are doing verification... It is better if you can alert your past employer..

Have you claimed any points on earning?

Does your past employer got any call until now?

hari

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Post by hsmper6thOct » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi hari15, please check my post for my details in the previous post. the answers are as follows.

fingers crossed...

hari15 wrote:Dear hsmper6thOct,
Why this much time in Caseworker's hand? Are they verifying with past employers?

Don't know...

Mostly for UK Students they are doing verification... It is better if you can alert your past employer..

Have you claimed any points on earning?

Yes.

Does your past employer got any call until now?

No.

hari

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:47 pm

Dear hsmper6thOct,
I think its normal.. Usually they will decide in 4 to 6 weeks... if that is decided within that it means no verification

You have got CCd on 9th

So actually now its only 4th week Started

So everything is fine

If it goes beyond 6 weeks then it may delay for another month, then you have to worry

if it comes by this week end or by next week the no problem..All the best for success

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:04 pm

hari15,
I am hoping it doesn't take 6-8 weeks... all i know is that this is what the HO worker told me. Lets hope for our sake she was wrong. Good luck to everyone.

Is it now taking 6 to 8 weeks???

I have been told as 4 to 6 weeks by my consultant before a week

Is that 6 to 8 weeks is average time for all?

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:33 am

I called HO and case is assigned to caseworker on 26-oct-2006. hope to hear by the end of this week, but in case of verification might be late. they said to me my application is in final stages. didnt tell me that decision has been made.

Any senior members can tell me what is success rate of second time applicantions?

In my UK company reference letter , they mentioned my designation as senior IT Professional. I am claiming graduate level. This designation is not in casewoker manual , any guess how HO will treat it?

If anyone have seen my case, I have submitted past earnings evidence from sep 05 to aug 06 and HO received my application on 10-oct. if anyone thinks its a problem, Should I email about this problem and discuss it with my caseworker?

Plz reply urgently.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:13 am

Category: Under 28 Out of country INDIA
Education: 25
Work Experience : 35

Total: 65

Application sent: 17-OCT-2006
HO Received: 19-OCT-2006
CC charged: 19-oct-2006
Ref No: Still waiting (How long it takes normally... can any one tell me pls... :) )

sharpzigma
Newly Registered

Post by sharpzigma » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39 am

I have sent my HSMP application by Fedex from India on 27th Oct. it has still not reached Work Permit office. But I am already in trouble, please help me.
I have include the following documents:

Age under 28 - 5 Points
1. Notorised Passport copy

Educational Background - 15 Points
1. Degree Certificate
2. Transcript
3. Reference letter from my professor

Work Experience - I have 3+ years of experience - 25 points
1. Job description Letters from 2 of the latest companies I worked for
2. Appointment letters
3. Performance apprisal letters
4. Releving letters
5. bank statements showing the NET salary credited for all the three companies I worked for.

Past Earning - 35 points
1. 12 months pay slip
2. salary certificate
3. Conversion result from xe.com
4. Statement of Income
5. SARAL form [Tax decleration]
6. Form 16 copies from both companies
7. Bank statements showing the net salary credited for the last 12 months
8. Web site printouts showing amalgamation of my old company with the new company [because few of the salary slips belong to the old company and few to the few company]

Job openings and survey printouts

Letter from my companies that the official language of the company is english
Letter from College
Transcript stating that 4 years of bachelors degree in English
Personal TOFEL score

I came to know after sending the courier that the Contact number of the first company I worked for has changed and as of now on dialing the number it states "This number is changed". But does not state the new number. But I got the new number of the company from one of my friend working there. What should i do now? Should I call Work Permits office and send them a letter head with new number ? Please suggest what should I do immediately.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
sharpzigma

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 pm

HO always told me that case is in final stages and decision will b made in 2,3 days. what does in mean?

as i have noticed with successful applicants that their status is in verification stage , as case looks approved then they send it for verification..
what about cases they reject, they say that its in final stages..? Plz tell me. anyone whose application was successful got this status of final stages..?
I am v much worried

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Akashs,
the average time to get a case worker this month has been anywhere from 11-15 business days. I am still waiting on my case worker as well. My CC was dated: Oct 16, 2006.

Ref No: Still waiting (How long it takes normally... can any one tell me pls... )

inso

Post by inso » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:53 pm

(I'm bumping this back for watchers)

Submitted: 17 Oct
HO received: 19 Oct
CC charged: 19 Oct
Ref. no assigned: 21 Oct (Yeah, 3pm on a Saturday!)
Urgent treatment requested: 23 Oct
Letter & documents sent out: 26 Oct
Notification of above: 30 Oct
Called in for result, informed it was a "miscommunication": 30 Oct
Received email that decision has been made: 31 Oct
Called in for result: 31 Oct
Approved! Although they immediately sent it out via Royal Mail, even though we asked for a courier to pick it up :( Here's hoping our respective postal systems don't talk to this up...

Points claimed:
- under-28: 5
- academic qualification: 15
- work exp: 25
- earning power: 25
- spouse: 10
TOTAL: 80

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:40 pm

Alhamdulillah!

I've got my documents back together with the approval letter.

My timelines are as under:

1) Application received by the HO 28th Sept
2) Receipt delivered by email on 29th Sept
3) Decision made on 18th Oct
4) Documents + Approval Letter received on 31st Oct
Regards,

Z Z.