ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experience

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umchudhary
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experi

Post by umchudhary » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi

I found your thread very useful. Thanks for sharing this info.
I am also sponsoring my wife and i have tier 2 general visa. My wife started online application on visa4uk website and have following questions please:

- Which visa type & sub type should i choose, i believe it is work - tier 2 (General) visa - General Partner, upto 3 years
-There is a question " How long you intend to stay in UK?" Now, i believe the answer should be as long as main applicant's visa is valid for. Please advise.
- Under the main applicant section there is a question " Are you accompanying the main applicant or joining them later?" I believe the answer will be yes, but can you explain who is referred in this question because this question is asked under main applicant section.

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:47 pm

- tier 2 (General) visa - General Partner, upto 3 years
- till Tier 2(G) holder's validity date.
- Yes, of course as she is coming to UK and joining you.
Main applicant is the Tier 2(G) holder.

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Currently I am holding Tier 2 dependent visa. Can I switch to Tier 2 general visa? My India employer is ready to sponsor it.

Do I have to go back to India to apply for Tier 2 general visa ?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes, You can switch to Tier G without cooling off period and you need to apply from your home country.
Make sure RLMT is done and your employer has issued a restricted CoS. Hope that helps.

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Thanks.

Also I see there is a requirement for English language. Which IELTS exam will be applicable to me - academic or general ?

binny.varghese
Newly Registered

Post by binny.varghese » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Dear All,

This webpage has indeed helped me a lot, in acquiring my Tier 2 dependent Visa.
Yes, there were mixed leads from here and there, but i'd like to narrate my experience as below.
Please note that this is applicable only for Tier 2 -> General Partner / Dependent Categories.

1. Filling in the application form
Go to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ -> Select "Register an Account" -> Fill in the personal details as required.
Please note that the required visa category is Work -> Tier 2 -> General Partner, upto 2 years.
"Main applicant" is your wife / husband who is already there in the UK.

Note: Please provide all true details.. i.e, for instance, if you had experiences wherein your visa was rejected for some other countries or so, on previous ocassions; please make sure that you provide all details of the same. The visa officers could make out from your passport, whether you were denied a visa. So, please be true... (in my case, I was reject TRV visa for Canada and has mentioned the same in the application. (If we hides the same, the Visa officer does have the authority to even put up a Ban for 10 years, stating the mislead)

2. After completing the application, select the appropriate appointment time and pay USD 802 as fees. They accept all cards such as Visa, Mastercards & Maestro.

3. Documents to be submitted during the appointment.

a. Duly filled application form printout.
b. Appointment confirmation printout (not mandatory. Keep it handy, in case if the VFS official asks)
c. Passport copies of the main applicant (with front and back pages, along with the page wherein their UK visa is stamped)
d. COS letter of the main applicant (Originals are required. If not, color printouts would be sufficient)
e. Employer letter of the main applicant (Originals are required. If not, color printouts would be sufficient)
f. Tenancy agreement of the flat/ space wherein you and your partner intend to stay in the UK.
g. No Objection Letter from the Landlord stating that he/ she has no objection to accommodate you in the given flat / space. This letter shall mention the property size like no of rooms and amenities (this is to make the visa officer convinced that there is adequate space for you and your partner to stay in).
h. Bank statements for the past 3 months which shows that you have maintained 630 GBP (for one dependent) over the last 3 months. (Originals are required. If not, color printouts would be sufficient)
i. Marriage Certificate (Originals are required)
j. Wedding photographs & other photographs together.
k. Email / messenger / whatsapp / Call logs ( better to submit call logs / email screenshots, as whatsapp logs may make a book-size (in my case) :D
l. Copies of tickets for travel made together (not mandatory, but still could be handy)
m. Police Clearance Certificate of the person who is applying for the Visa (dependent)
n. Salary slips of the main applicant not less than 3 months prior to the application (Originals are required. If originals are not there, you may get the printouts from your employer carrying their stamp or so).

NOTE: There is no requirement of IELTS / English Language Proficiency requirement for the dependent.

Fill in all true details, submit the above documents along with the application.

I hope nothing could stop the VISA officer from granting you the Visa.

Please don't hesitate to ask, in case if any further clarifications are required.

Cheers,
Ben

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:02 am

Hello,

My employer is going to sponsor T2G visa. I want to know :

- What is the maximum time period they can mention in the sponsorship letter? ( They are ready to give permanent position)
- Currently I am in UK on T2G dependent visa, So do I have to go back to my home country to apply for T2G for myself?
- Shall I be eligible to apply for ILR after completion of 5yrs on T2G?

Cheers!!!

prasad394
India

Post by prasad394 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:14 am

Hi All,

I am applying for a tier 2 dependent visa for my wife. Unfortunately, we got our marriage registration laminated before leaving India (my wife is in the US and I am in UK). Is it ok to submit the lamniated certificate along with photos and wedding invitation ? Or should we get it delaminated first ? Did anyone else get a visa after submitting a laminated marriage registrtaion certificate ? I am afraid if we try undoing the lamination, it might spoil the certificate. Please advise.

Regards,
Prasad

prasad394
India

Post by prasad394 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 am

moonlight55 wrote:
ksrangal wrote:It would be really helpful, if someone can answer following questions:

My spouse is holding tier 2 general visa and working in UK. I am holding Tier 2 general dependent visa.
Currently I am working in Indian IT company. My company has agreed to give ICT to UK office. My questions are :

1) Will I be having both the visas ( dependent and ICT ) or only one visa is valid at a time?
The latest visa will override the old one.

2) When I will apply for ICT, what will happen to my current dependent visa?
It will become invalid.

3) After completion of ICT (5 years), will I be able to apply for dependent visa again? Provided that my spouse is still working in UK.
As per current rules, Yes.

4) Will cooling off period apply for me in case I want to apply for dependent visa after my ICT period gets over.
As per current rules, No.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a similar question. My wife has a UK visitor visa which was obtained before our marriage ( so that we can spend our honeymoon in the UK). Now she is applying for a dependent visa with the visitor visa still valid. What will happen to the visitor visa ? Additionally, my wife is studying in the US. So can she travel to the states and back as much as she wants ? Atleast till she finishes her education (one more year), she plans to stay more in the US than UK ? Is that fine under tier 2 dependent rules ?

Regards,
Prasad

rkbadineni

Post by rkbadineni » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:23 pm

I am currently working on Tier2 ICT Longterm VISA in UK
To apply the dependent VISA from india , do i need to fill the separate application for my wife and Daughter ?
Please advise?

Thank you

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 pm

rkbadineni wrote:I am currently working on Tier2 ICT Longterm VISA in UK
To apply the dependent VISA from india , do i need to fill the separate application for my wife and Daughter ?
Please advise?

Thank you
Yes, you need to fill two separte application , one for your wife and one for your daughter.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi Sujan

you just need to show 650 pounds for consecutive 90 days and statements not older than 28 days on the date of application.this is applicable to your case if you are on tier 2 general. my husband recently applied from india as a tier 2 dependent.

Dont forget to pay IHS Surcharges ( for use we paid rupees 70000 for 3 years visa to my husband).

adnaan_23
Newly Registered

Post by adnaan_23 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi,

I'll soon be applying for a dependent visa (Tier 1) in Mumbai, India and was wondering what the processing times are at the moment. Would be very helpful if a few of you who's applications have been successful could post your processing times.

Thanks

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 pm

adnaan_23 wrote:Hi,

I'll soon be applying for a dependent visa (Tier 1) in Mumbai, India and was wondering what the processing times are at the moment. Would be very helpful if a few of you who's applications have been successful could post your processing times.

Thanks
Hi adnan

You can check the visa processing time through following link :
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

adnaan_23
Newly Registered

Post by adnaan_23 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 pm

sunny007 wrote:

Thanks
Hi adnan

Hi sunny,

Thanks for your reply. I've already checked the link, but the processing times are very vague and they don't give you the processing times specifically for 'dependent only' applications, which one would expect shouldn't take as long as main applications.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 am

Hi Adnan
my husband applied on 22/05/2015 (Friday) at hyderabad
Received an email by Madras UKVI , That caseworker will be dealing with it shortly i.e on 26/05/2015.
Received an email again by Madras UKVI that the application been processed and documents been sent to Visa center (Hyderabad) 02/06/2015
Recieved a text on 03/06/2015 that documents can be collected.( we opted collecting documents at visa center rather than receiving by post)
collected on the same day with approved visa valid for 30 days and need to collect BRP within 10 days after entering UK in the selected Post Office area.
Let me know if you got any further queries.

Kind Regards
deepthi

adnaan_23
Newly Registered

Post by adnaan_23 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 pm

DEEPAM wrote:Hi Adnan
my husband applied on 22/05/2015 (Friday) at hyderabad
Received an email by Madras UKVI , That caseworker will be dealing with it shortly i.e on 26/05/2015.
Received an email again by Madras UKVI that the application been processed and documents been sent to Visa center (Hyderabad) 02/06/2015
Recieved a text on 03/06/2015 that documents can be collected.( we opted collecting documents at visa center rather than receiving by post)
collected on the same day with approved visa valid for 30 days and need to collect BRP within 10 days after entering UK in the selected Post Office area.
Let me know if you got any further queries.

Kind Regards
deepthi
Thank you Deepthi, very helpful :)

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:40 pm

adnaan_23 wrote:
sunny007 wrote:

Thanks
Hi adnan

Hi sunny,

Thanks for your reply. I've already checked the link, but the processing times are very vague and they don't give you the processing times specifically for 'dependent only' applications, which one would expect shouldn't take as long as main applications.

Look under "other non-settlement". It is a dependent application and not a Tier 2 application.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Sunny

the update what i have given is about my husband , he applied as a tier 2 dependent and i am a tier 2 work permit holder already working in uk.

Drk7785
Newly Registered

Post by Drk7785 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Pls help me as I'm really confused with tier 2 dependent visa .im applying for my wife visa from India under tier 2 dependent category .we recently got married n I came to UK in May .
She has been maintaining balance in India of more then 630 pound from last 6 months but I have not maintained any balance .
When I applied in May my sponsor fulfilled it being a rated sponsor .
So now can my wife apply or I need to maintain balance first for 90 days n then we apply ?
I'm confused that do I need to show balance of 945 pound or not ?or is it her bank statement enough
Pls provide me solution to it.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Drk7785 wrote:Hi Pls help me as I'm really confused with tier 2 dependent visa .im applying for my wife visa from India under tier 2 dependent category .we recently got married n I came to UK in May .
She has been maintaining balance in India of more then 630 pound from last 6 months but I have not maintained any balance .
When I applied in May my sponsor fulfilled it being a rated sponsor .
So now can my wife apply or I need to maintain balance first for 90 days n then we apply ?
I'm confused that do I need to show balance of 945 pound or not ?or is it her bank statement enough
Pls provide me solution to it.
Hi Drk7785

Her Bank Statement is enough .
no need to show balance for you , as your wife is applying separately

Drk7785
Newly Registered

Post by Drk7785 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:43 pm

ARE YOU SURE SUNNY ABT MAINTAINING BALANCE?AND WAT ABT TENANCY AGREEMENT AND PAYSLIPS ARE THEY MUST ?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Drk7785 wrote:ARE YOU SURE SUNNY ABT MAINTAINING BALANCE?AND WAT ABT TENANCY AGREEMENT AND PAYSLIPS ARE THEY MUST ?
Yes ... either you or your wife show maintenance funds , ( you just need to show one bank statement )

yes you need to show 6 months payslips if you have otherwise 3 months are enough

tenancy agreement is for those who have child, but it is good to have ,

you can read all threads on this page from page 1 to 8, i hope you will get all your answers :)

incase you have any question just let me know and best of luck

sultan.sharifudeen
Newly Registered

Dependent/partner visa application from India

Post by sultan.sharifudeen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:37 am

Hi,

I got Tier 2 ICT Long term visa to UK on 01-06-2015. I an in UK, now I want to apply dependent visa for my wife and son. Can some one please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:04 am

Hi
We recently got married and recently my husband applied for visa from india as a tier 2 dependent and got it in 6 working days. We might have given the extreme information but after following the forum and hearing suggestions from friends who have gone through the same situation - we submitted the below docs. You can see the docs as optional which its upto you to decide if you want to submit .
Applicant form and Documents:( These are the documents from my husband)
1) Duly completed Visa Application form.(Mandatory)
2) NHS Surcharges Paid receipt ( might be required for you as yours is ICT and for ICT DEPENDENT THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT OF SURCHARGES AT THE MOMENT)
3) Two Recent passport – sized photographs with names written on the back of the Photographs.(Mandatory)
4) My Original Passport(Mandatory)
6) Tuberculosis Test Report.(Mandatory)
7) Photocopies of my Educational Certificates.(Mandatory)
Wife (Main Applicant) Supporting Documents:
8) Sponsor Letter from Wife(Mandatory).
9) Attested photocopies of Passport and BRP card(Mandatory).
10) Certificate of Sponsorship Details issued in 2015 (Optional)
11) Original Employment Verification Letter.(Mandatory)
12) Original P60 Form(Optional).
13) Most recent Original Pay slips (April 2015 – Oct 2014, 6 months).
14) Funds maintenance and Accommodation: Bank statements of main applicant(Mandatory), Tenancy agreement ( in your case it is manadatory as you are bringing kid and No Objection Letter from Main applicant Landlord(Optional).
Wedding Related Documents:
15) Marriage Certificate(Mandatory).
16) Marriage Invitation Card with Attested Translation in English(Optional).
17) Marriage Photos(Mandatory).
18) Main applicant’s flight tickets to India for wedding(Optional).
Relationship Evident Documents: ( you might have to provide if the case worker is not satisfied with the evidence provided as a proof of your marraige just to show the subsistency in relation ship.)
19) Proof of individuals telephone numbers and History of call log , main applicant Call log history from one of the source : Telecoms ( Tesco Calling Card App)
20) Exchanged Email Logs copy.
21) Random Skype screen shots copy.
22) Other photos.