ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

returntotheuk
Ireland

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by returntotheuk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:30 am

Can someone confirm?

For SS route via Ireland, which visa do you apply for? Is it the 30 day short 'c' stay visa? Or the long 'D' stay visa? And, if short stay is it easy enough to get extended?

And, are people still getting to the UK using the SS route without many problems?

Thanks

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 am

Hi st2447 first of all , thanks for sharing your success story,
Just wanted to know that did you apply from back home country for Directive 2004/38/EC Visa ?
if yes from which country did you apply.

hope to hear you soon.

Many thanks

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:27 pm

returntotheuk wrote:Can someone confirm?

For SS route via Ireland, which visa do you apply for? Is it the 30 day short 'c' stay visa? Or the long 'D' stay visa? And, if short stay is it easy enough to get extended?

And, are people still getting to the UK using the SS route without many problems?

Thanks
You need to apply 3 months short stay single entry C visa and if you wish to remain in the state for more than 3 months, you can apply for the EU1 (5 years residence card ) as a family member of the EU citizen and it is not that hard to extend.. Many peoples are using this route at the moment and it has no problems at all because it an EU law.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 am

londonboi12 wrote:Hi st2447 first of all , thanks for sharing your success story,
Just wanted to know that did you apply from back home country for Directive 2004/38/EC Visa ?
if yes from which country did you apply.

hope to hear you soon.

Many thanks
He has mentioned in his post that he applied from back home "Pakistan" :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:19 am

kunfayakun wrote:
returntotheuk wrote:Can someone confirm?

Thanks
You need to apply 3 months short stay single entry C visa and if you wish to remain in the state for more than 3 months, you can apply for the EU1 (5 years residence card ) as a family member of the EU citizen and it is not that hard to extend.. Many peoples are using this route at the moment and it has no problems at all because it an EU law.
Thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone know, if we are travelling to Dublin via CPH Denmark if NON EU citizens would need a transit via if they had an Irish visa as above. Sorry, can not find clear information about this and thought one of you guys may know. It seems via UK they would need a transit visa and I am trying to avoid the hassle of applying for one when only in transit for a short period.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:19 pm

You mean connecting Dublin flight in Denmark?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:28 pm

kunfayakun wrote:You mean connecting Dublin flight in Denmark?
Yes connecting flight but we need to go through immigration as the airline does not let you go straight through.It will be Bangkok to Copenhagen and change flight to Dublin.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

We had a connecting flight in Dubai but we did'nt have the transit visa, they just checked our passports and visa and then let us to board in. but I am not sure about the Denmark transit for the Non EU, if they already have residence card provided by a EU country, then they do not need a transit visa.. you can ask about this to the ticketing agent when you book your fair
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm

kunfayakun wrote:We had a connecting flight in Dubai but we did'nt have the transit visa, they just checked our passports and visa and then let us to board in. but I am not sure about the Denmark transit for the Non EU, if they already have residence card provided by a EU country, then they do not need a transit visa.. you can ask about this to the ticketing agent when you book your fair
It is for my wife, and we will have an Irish short stay visa for her. I am reading conflicting information, some websites so no need and some say she needs a Schengen visa. We have been through Stockholm and Oslo before and although she did not get straight through, they eventually let her through without a transit visa.

We are booking online, and no where to ask, we may just take the gamble, afterall they are only going to deport her if not let her carry on to Dublin ;-)

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Yeah exactly you will get confused if you read more websites but I feel your wife doesn't need to get a transit visa because that is not going to be her final destination right? maybe she needs one when she is going to stay in Denmark for one or two days so what about your times between the flights?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Also she will be travelling with you (Family member of EU citizen) and holding valid Ireland visa so doesn't need to get Denmark transit visa :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:47 am

kunfayakun wrote:Yeah exactly you will get confused if you read more websites but I feel your wife doesn't need to get a transit visa because that is not going to be her final destination right? maybe she needs one when she is going to stay in Denmark for one or two days so what about your times between the flights?
There is only 3-4 hours between flights and we will not be staying in Denmark. Thanks, it seems we do not need one.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:36 pm

yeah probably You don't need one because you will be having Irish visa and will traveling with EU citizen so not to worry :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ism022
Newly Registered

Post by ism022 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi can any one plz tell about the processing time of spouse visa for Ireland from Pakistan as i have submitted my wife case on 31st july 2015.[/b]

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm

ism022 wrote:Hi can any one plz tell about the processing time of spouse visa for Ireland from Pakistan as i have submitted my wife case on 31st july 2015.[/b]
Usually we get response in 4 weeks but at the moment due to a very large increase in the numbers of such applications and the limited resources available to deal with them, they are presently experiencing unavoidable delays.. some peoples are waiting for more than 3 months :( even I wrote emails and letters but no reply yet, so just better wait until they response1
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ism022
Newly Registered

Post by ism022 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks bro but to whom to write or ask or phone etc there should be a maximum time frame anyways thanks for reply ....

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:51 pm

EU Treaty Rights Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service 13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

If you want to contact them then you can do by post at the above address or by email at eutreatyrights@justice.ie
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ism022
Newly Registered

Post by ism022 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:24 pm

thanks bro as its 9 weeks gone that i have submitted my wife case so i think its time to email them .Do they reply back via email ?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:58 am

at the moment they are not responding well so keep sending email to them until you get a response..
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 pm

we are applying for the EEA2 application in the uk my wife has the family permit for the uk do we need to supply proof of UK address? and do we need to inc uk bank accounts as well?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:09 am

robsters wrote:we are applying for the EEA2 application in the uk my wife has the family permit for the uk do we need to supply proof of UK address? and do we need to inc uk bank accounts as well?
Those are not compulsory for the EEA2, Just send what you sent with your EU1 application which is the required documents for the eea2 :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

nouman_aziz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nouman_aziz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Hello Everyone!

First of all I would like to appreciate for sharing your experiences and helping others using this forum. May Allah SWT give you reward for this.

My sister (British Citizen) got married this year from Pakistan and I'm considering for applying his spouse visa of Ireland due to salary circumstances. Could someone please clarify the followings

1. Which visa should he apply for (Short Stay C Visa or Long stay)? (by reading guidelines and forum I got confused)
2. Sister already has accommodation (rented flat) in Ireland but she prefers to stay in UK until her spouse gets his visa and then she'll move to Ireland about a week before his arrival to the Ireland. So should we declare this in application or just stay that she will be exercising free movement rights at the time of my arrival to the Ireland?
3. Does sister's passport copy needs to be attested by relevant department or signed-off by sister?
4.Also online application is already submited and appointment has been booked for the 15th of this month. The copy of cover letter I prepared on behalf of my brother-in-law is copied below.

Letter
First of all I would like to apologise for followings errors made in my visa application

• This application is for Short Stay ‘C’ Visa
• The correct contact phone number of my spouse is 00353 (0) xxxxxxx
• Purpose of travel: Join spouse when she moves to Republic of Ireland

Furthermore I am applying as the qualifying SPOUSE of an EEA citizen to join her who will be exercising free movement rights at the time of my arrival to the Ireland.

According to the Guidelines for Visa Officers - Rev. 13/12/2013 WV1 "it is not permitted to request the applicant to provide additional proofs....regarding the purpose of their travel to the State and their means of subsistence while in the State e.g. evidence of employment, invitation letter from host or return ticket."

The guidelines also states "applications from qualifying family members must be accelerated i.e. processed within four weeks from the time that the application is first received in an Irish Visa Office or Mission. The four week period includes all time spent transferring documents in relation to the application between offices e.g. in diplomatic bags."

The following documents are enclosed with this application.
• Marriage Certificate
• Copy of Tenancy Agreement (accommodation under spouse name)
• Copy of Spouse Passport
Should you wish to discuss any further regarding this application, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely
Looking forward for your replies.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Guys,

My family will be moving to Ireland around January time, so we will need to apply for my wife's Irish visa. Only my wife needs the visa as our children and I are British citizens.

A few questions:

1. Do we need to specify exact travel dates? We have not booked flights yet.

2. Do we book flights before we apply for her Irish visa?

3. Does my wife need a return ticket from Ireland before we apply for visa?

4. How much of a window do you have once visa is obtained? If we do not need specific dates, does the visa have a time limit of when you must enter Ireland?

5. We live in Cambodia, and I am concerned where or how we hand in documents for her visa application, it seems we can not find out until we actually complete the application. Ideally we want to know so we can make plans and where we may need to travel too to submit documents.

We would also appreciate any other advice, anyone may have to give us before applying for the Irish visa.

Thanks

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am

Can anyone can answer my previous question in regards to Irish visas? thanks

Another question:

I plan to run my current consultancy business (online) from Ireland, it is specific to Cambodia, and my clients come from all over the world. Do you think it would be ok to set it up as self employed in Ireland? My concern is that I read somewhere that says self employed people should be marketing to the local Irish market which I thought was a little strange as many people work online to international clients.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Actually you have to give them 4 weeks time to process your application, nowadays they are taking bit longer. also You don't need to buy air ticket before you travel and don't need a return one but you need to show them a proof like you will be traveling together such as proof of reservation or confirmation letter from a ticketing agent that you have booked with them. if the application is approved, you will be given 3 months short stay C visa.

The application form you have to fill in online and you will get some pages with the reference on it to take print out to submit in the Irish Embassy or consulate in your country along with your documents.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun