ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tati*

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by tati* » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:56 am

I find the other's people experience and what they write here.
I saw people requested their passports(non-EU) many times but most of them waited until their COA were delivered in case it might have caused the delay.
But there were people who requested the passports in their cover letter and got it back straight away or requested after submission their biometrics.
It is up to you how to do.
diego-560 wrote:
As the 'main applicant' is that possible to get my passport back or is it only for the EU national?
Last edited by tati* on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

al.91
Newly Registered

Post by al.91 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 am

fiona49cf wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:
fiona49cf wrote:Hi guys, is anyone from January batch? I sent my eea2 application on the 5th of Jan , still haven't recieve the biometric enrollment letter yet, they took the payment on the 7th of Jan . Is anyone experiencing the same situation ? Is this normal? Any advice will be highly appreciated!
Hi fiona.. you need to wait for around 4 weeks for ur COA to arrive.. judging by the payment taken it it hasnt even been 3 weeks.. so dont worry.. just be patient :)

Hi there, so far I have not received any biometric enrollment letter and it ha been three weeks, may I ask how long does it usually takes for them to sent you the biometric enrollment letter?
I waited a bit more than 3 weeks as well but don't worry. With christmas time and holidays, you might have to wait a bit longer as they haven't worked on any cases during 2 weeks. I submitted my biometrics on the 15th of dec and still waiting for COA ! It's gonna arrive soon, be patient !

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Update :

I have received my Registration certificate (Blue Badge) today and My wife's application for the Resident Card has been refused under Regulations 20B because apparently we have failed to respond to a second class mail interview letter that we have never received... The appeal is allowed so we are thinking about our options for now !
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Why do they invite some couples to an interview and why some others do not ? It seems that most of the people are not called for an interview, but still... what would be the reason ? Or is it at random ?

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:19 pm

alex1128 wrote:Update :

I have received my Registration certificate (Blue Badge) today and My wife's application for the Resident Card has been refused under Regulations 20B because apparently we have failed to respond to a second class mail interview letter that we have never received... The appeal is allowed so we are thinking about our options for now !
Wow how come!! why would they send u a second class interview letter which u never received.. and whats worse is how come they did not email u the whole thing.. this is just ridiculous.. i think you should call the MP as well as go for solveit.. and also send a complaint..lets see what they have to say about it..

did by any chance u change ur residence to somewhere else? Am really sorry to hear about that bro.. You need to make a complaint for sure!!

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:35 pm

s1120403 wrote:Why do they invite some couples to an interview and why some others do not ? It seems that most of the people are not called for an interview, but still... what would be the reason ? Or is it at random ?
It truly depends on your case worker and how complictax your situation is !

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Nightwolf wrote:

Wow how come!! why would they send u a second class interview letter which u never received.. and whats worse is how come they did not email u the whole thing.. this is just ridiculous.. i think you should call the MP as well as go for solveit.. and also send a complaint..lets see what they have to say about it..

did by any chance u change ur residence to somewhere else? Am really sorry to hear about that bro.. You need to make a complaint for sure!!
Not sure but i think more and more obtuse staff are getting hired there ....
We haven't changed our address and we had no problem receiving the first class signed for questionnaire theyve sent to us !
We will certainly do all of that and more well keep you updated

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm

alex1128 wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:

Not sure but i think more and more obtuse staff are getting hired there ....
We haven't changed our address and we had no problem receiving the first class signed for questionnaire theyve sent to us !
We will certainly do all of that and more well keep you updated
Do it man... seriously this is ridiculous.. we all should make a complain together about their misbehaviour..
you are right regarding the caseworkers..
Best of luck man.. we are all with you !

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Thx for the support i hope you guys will get the good news ceey soon (yn)

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 am

Hey guys.. does any one have any idea how long after does the HO give a decision once they have contacted the sponsors employer? :|

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Nightwolf wrote:Hey guys.. does any one have any idea how long after does the HO give a decision once they have contacted the sponsors employer? :|
Im afraid there is no time frame for that ...
But what you can do is give them a call and keep contacting them until you get some news...

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Did any other August applicant hear anything back from the HO ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:08 am

Had a home visit today .
The HO representatives were quite dearly beloved and was trying to intimidate me .
Don't want to go into much detail , they looked through my phone and came up with things like : they only say I love you to each other some times , his wife was living here but she probably just left her text books and clothes here to show us .

What the hell ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:48 am

chriskv1 wrote:Had a home visit today .
The HO representatives were quite dearly beloved and was trying to intimidate me .
Don't want to go into much detail , they looked through my phone and came up with things like : they only say I love you to each other some times , his wife was living here but she probably just left her text books and clothes here to show us .

What the hell ?
Tell us more about it..what exactly happened?

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

also could u plz tell us about ur case

alex.torredo71
Newly Registered

Post by alex.torredo71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

Hi, I have a question related to additional papers.

I am thinking to send (additional) 2 latest payslips of EU partner along with the bank statements showing salary coming in. I called HO and their representative said that I should send it to Durham. However, next day I’ve called them again just to make sure that the address I should post it to is Durham and guess what, I’ve got completely different answer – they said that Liverpool is the address.

Obviously HO representatives are clueless…

So the question: Where should I send these papers?

Thanx

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:10 pm

alex.torredo71 wrote:Hi, I have a question related to additional papers.

I am thinking to send (additional) 2 latest payslips of EU partner along with the bank statements showing salary coming in. I called HO and their representative said that I should send it to Durham. However, next day I’ve called them again just to make sure that the address I should post it to is Durham and guess what, I’ve got completely different answer – they said that Liverpool is the address.

Thanx
As you have previously been advised : Send it to both!

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanx
I sent a set of such updates to the Liverpool address in December. The people answering the Home Office European line also gave me conflicting information, either it must be Durham or Liverpool is OK. Eventually I said to the last one I spoke with that since they gave me conflicting information, she should double check her answer. So she put me on hold, then came back and said that everything sent to Durham gets sent to Liverpool anyway. And sending directly to Liverpool is also OK. Now I sent to Durham my payslips stamped by the employer etc. Recently I read through the posts on the thread that has been closed and came across posts by quite a few people who sent documents to Liverpool and at least one of them reported to have received the RC. So I take it that either address you send the documents to is OK; it definitely doesn't hurt to send it to Durham, because that's where we initially send the applications anyway. As long as you write the reference number on the cover letter (I sent a cover letter each time explaining why I am sending them updated documents etc), the name of the main applicant, date of birth and country of origin (as these are the details they included in their letters as well), it should be fine, it will be directed to the right department.

alex.torredo71
Newly Registered

Post by alex.torredo71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:52 pm

s1120403 wrote:

Thanx
I sent a set of such updates to the Liverpool address in December. The people answering the Home Office European line also gave me conflicting information, either it must be Durham or Liverpool is OK. Eventually I said to the last one I spoke with that since they gave me conflicting information, she should double check her answer. So she put me on hold, then came back and said that everything sent to Durham gets sent to Liverpool anyway. And sending directly to Liverpool is also OK. Now I sent to Durham my payslips stamped by the employer etc. Recently I read through the posts on the thread that has been closed and came across posts by quite a few people who sent documents to Liverpool and at least one of them reported to have received the RC. So I take it that either address you send the documents to is OK; it definitely doesn't hurt to send it to Durham, because that's where we initially send the applications anyway. As long as you write the reference number on the cover letter (I sent a cover letter each time explaining why I am sending them updated documents etc), the name of the main applicant, date of birth and country of origin (as these are the details they included in their letters as well), it should be fine, it will be directed to the right department.
Thank you s1120403!
I thought so that the paperwork is going to Durham and the whole correspondence process is set up from Liverpool. I assume that the HO in Liverpool is used as a communication hub for all types of paperwork.
Thanks again!

noypi30
Newly Registered

Post by noypi30 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi everyone.

I am in a really stressful situation, at my own fault. We applied and everything but we didn't send them our original passports. I am a non-eea national and my husband is Romanian. I got the CoA and biometrix letter months ago and did the biometrix right away. I am just so worried that my application will be refused since I didn't send our passports. Very stupid on our part.

I don't know what else there is to do for us. I am here in the UK on a visit-marriage visa which is already expired. But I read somewhere that as long as I am waiting for my application results I can stay here in the UK. I just wonder if there is any way for us to send our original passports or will it be too late since we applied early October :(

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:04 pm

noypi30 wrote:Hi everyone.

I am in a really stressful situation, at my own fault. We applied and everything but we didn't send them our original passports. I am a non-eea national and my husband is Romanian. I got the CoA and biometrix letter months ago and did the biometrix right away. I am just so worried that my application will be refused since I didn't send our passports. Very stupid on our part.

I don't know what else there is to do for us. I am here in the UK on a visit-marriage visa which is already expired. But I read somewhere that as long as I am waiting for my application results I can stay here in the UK. I just wonder if there is any way for us to send our original passports or will it be too late since we applied early October :(

I have seen a similar case where the applications forgot to send their ids so what the HO did is keep the application for 6 months and then refuse it on the basis that you didn't fulfill this requirement... you should probably contact them to try to sort this out asap!

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 am

noypi30 wrote:Hi everyone.

Just send the passports by registered post to the Durham address where you initially sent the application. Write a letter AND WRITE THE CASE NUMBER THEY ASSIGNED YOU on the cover letter, so that they could add the passports to the rest of the documents you sent with your application.

zaincam
Newly Registered

Post by zaincam » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:40 pm

GOOD NEWS
My wife got her residence card today as Family member - EU Residence. And i got my EU residence card
Application sent: 20.08
Biometrics : 06/09
COA with right to work dated: 12/09
RC received: 27/01/2015 D- Dated 23/01/2016

I read in earlier post that the processing time is exact 5 months that is quite right.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:05 pm

zaincam wrote:GOOD NEWS
My wife got her residence card today as Family member - EU Residence. And i got my EU residence card

I read in earlier post that the processing time is exact 5 months that is quite right.
You mean you got your registration certificate ;)]
Congratulations ! perhaps you could say a bit more about your case so that other members could benefit from your experience :)

zaincam
Newly Registered

Post by zaincam » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:41 pm

alex1128 wrote:
zaincam wrote:GOOD NEWS

You mean you got your registration certificate ;)]
Congratulations ! perhaps you could say a bit more about your case so that other members could benefit from your experience :)
I meant Residence card.
I just submitted what the requirementare such as Id, payslips, bank statement,letter from employer stating i am currently employed by them,p60, wedding cert, wedding pics, birth cert,residence proof
I didnt receive any questionaire or any enquiry to my employer.