ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shah185
Bangladesh

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:17 pm
1 - Do not send DVD, they strictly ask people not to. Send photos instead and at the back of the photo put date and place it was taken i.e "Shah185 and XXXX Wedding reception, 30 June 2017, Sylhet".

2 - You can only pay for IHS here in UK, make sure you pay it before the biometrics. The application fee is paid strictly Cash only at the VFS centre in Bangladesh. Make sure you send her the money well in advance and that she is able to withdraw it in advance too. Also make sure no one tries to nick it off her

3 - If you are living with family and your parent are main tenants get them to write a letter for no objection too. If you are the main tenant and there are no other non-related adults living with you, then you have it all covered already.

4 - Not required, but a lot of people from Bangladesh and Pakistan include it for some reason

5 - FLR (M) FLR (FP) are applications within the UK - your wife is applying for the initial spouse visa / Entry Clearance. If you mean what route she will be put on, she will be on 5 year route to settlement.
Hi, i recently applied for spouse visa (wife). we done online application on 8 october, wife done biometerics in syhlet bangladesh on 10 october in which she gave her passport.
Documents were recieved at sheffield on 12 october by royal mail signed delivery.

Do you know how long will it take? will they send me email confirmation from ECO? we applied non pirority.
Hi Uddin,

Since your wife recently applied, can I ask how much did she pay in Taka when she went for her biometrics?

Thanks,

Shah

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:11 am

shah185 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
1 - Do not send DVD, they strictly ask people not to. Send photos instead and at the back of the photo put date and place it was taken i.e "Shah185 and XXXX Wedding reception, 30 June 2017, Sylhet".

2 - You can only pay for IHS here in UK, make sure you pay it before the biometrics. The application fee is paid strictly Cash only at the VFS centre in Bangladesh. Make sure you send her the money well in advance and that she is able to withdraw it in advance too. Also make sure no one tries to nick it off her

3 - If you are living with family and your parent are main tenants get them to write a letter for no objection too. If you are the main tenant and there are no other non-related adults living with you, then you have it all covered already.

4 - Not required, but a lot of people from Bangladesh and Pakistan include it for some reason

5 - FLR (M) FLR (FP) are applications within the UK - your wife is applying for the initial spouse visa / Entry Clearance. If you mean what route she will be put on, she will be on 5 year route to settlement.
Hi, i recently applied for spouse visa (wife). we done online application on 8 october, wife done biometerics in syhlet bangladesh on 10 october in which she gave her passport.
Documents were recieved at sheffield on 12 october by royal mail signed delivery.

Do you know how long will it take? will they send me email confirmation from ECO? we applied non pirority.
Hi Uddin,

Since your wife recently applied, can I ask how much did she pay in Taka when she went for her biometrics?

Thanks,

Shah

173,470.00 taka. she paid in cash at the biometric appointment in syhlet.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 am

@ Uddin If your wife has signed up to the SMS service she would get notification soon. Otherwise do not count on UKVI to communicate much.

As long as you have proof of delivery to sheffield be assured they have it, just wait for a decision around the 60 working day mark i.e second week of January 2019 InshaAllah
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:03 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 am
@ Uddin If your wife has signed up to the SMS service she would get notification soon. Otherwise do not count on UKVI to communicate much.

As long as you have proof of delivery to sheffield be assured they have it, just wait for a decision around the 60 working day mark i.e second week of January 2019 InshaAllah
yes i have proof of signed and delivered to sheffield.
wife recieved sms after she done biometrics.
will the UKVI contact me or the wife when they made a decision?

Please make dua we get good news inshallah because this is our 2nd visa appplication.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:42 am

also when wife was at biometrics, the people at the centre asked for the online application. wife signed it and gave it to them along with the passport..it that going be any peoblem?

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:11 am
shah185 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:

Hi Uddin,

Thanks,

Shah

173,470.00 taka. she paid in cash at the biometric appointment in syhlet.
Thanks brother

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi,

I am trying to fill in the online application for my wife using the following link:

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register

I understand, I will have to register first - my question is - to register it asks some information in relation to the applicant.

Along with name, DOB, email address, phone number it also ask for address detail.

For the address shall I give my wife's Bangladesh address or shall I give my UK address.

I am only asking because I will be sending all the documentation from here in UK.

I appreciate your kind help.

Thanks

Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 pm

shah185 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Hi,

I am trying to fill in the online application for my wife using the following link:

I understand, I will have to register first - my question is - to register it asks some information in relation to the applicant.

Along with name, DOB, email address, phone number it also ask for address detail.

For the address shall I give my wife's Bangladesh address or shall I give my UK address.

I am only asking because I will be sending all the documentation from here in UK.

Thanks

Shah
The address should be the applicant's home country, however the form in subsequent stages also ask for alternative address and there you can give UK address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 pm
shah185 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Shah
The address should be the applicant's home country, however the form in subsequent stages also ask for alternative address and there you can give UK address.
Thank you Seagul for your suggestion.

Now that you gave me this advice, I am thinking for Secondary Phone Number shall I give my UK phone number?
The question is asked when trying to register her online. For primary phone number I am giving her Bangladeshi number.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 pm

shah185 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 pm
shah185 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Shah
Thank you Seagul for your suggestion.

Now that you gave me this advice, I am thinking for Secondary Phone Number shall I give my UK phone number?
The question is asked when trying to register her online. For primary phone number I am giving her Bangladeshi number.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Shah
yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:57 am

@ uddin000 it will only be a issue if they send the application to Sheffield, and you end up having two bundles going there.

I have made it clear it is no business of the VFS in Bangladesh to have your application, they are not home office, they are just like post office who take biometrics.

It is unlikely they will send it off without charging her. They probably just want to keep it to look at the application. They probably just want to be nosy and read the application.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:57 am
@ uddin000 it will only be a issue if they send the application to Sheffield, and you end up having two bundles going there.

I have made it clear it is no business of the VFS in Bangladesh to have your application, they are not home office, they are just like post office who take biometrics.

It is unlikely they will send it off without charging her. They probably just want to keep it to look at the application. They probably just want to be nosy and read the application.
yes i think they just being nosy to take a look at the application..thats all..

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 pm

@ uddin000 unless they have asked her to pay around tk7,000 extra specifically for parcel delivery, dont worry about it.

If anyone is reading this and applying from Sylhet - always remind your spouse these VFS are nothing but like a post office. They have no business taking your application or anything support documents. This is specific to Sylhet only of course.

After finger prints are taken and passport is submitted, tell the VFS staff CLEARLY "My sponsor is submitting every support documents from within UK directly to Sheffield, good bye"

These staff probably want collect certain documents for the purposes of using them as an example of how to do settlement applications and what documents to send etc, they probably sell it off to unregulated immigration agents in Sylhet.

I wouldn't worry, InshaAllah you get approval soon.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:47 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:57 am

yes i think they just being nosy to take a look at the application..thats all..

inshallah brother

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Dear Londoner

I got my documents back from Sheffield UKVI with the following letter:

Dear Sir/Madam
Sponsor Document
thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. copies of these documents have been retained by UK visas and immigration in in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. you may be receiving the documents prior to that applicant receiving a decision on the application. this is normal part of the process and you need to take no further action should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have provided in due course the applicant will receive a decision on the applicatin.

Yours faithfully
UK Visa and Immigration

what does this mean they made a decision? Do you think they sent documents back within 4 weeks of the online application is good news?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:05 am

No all it means is that they have scanned the docs in Sheffield and uploaded it to their computers all ready for when a case worker is assigned to look at it.

A decision will probably be made sometime around the 60 working days post bio-metrics appointment.

Out of curiosity which region of Sylhet is the applicant from?

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:05 am
No all it means is that they have scanned the docs in Sheffield and uploaded it to their computers all ready for when a case worker is assigned to look at it.

A decision will probably be made sometime around the 60 working days post bio-metrics appointment.

Out of curiosity which region of Sylhet is the applicant from?
thanks, i got bit worried.

and she from lamabazar, close to main syhlet town.

another question brother, i have known some people that they recieved call from UKVI to the employer and the sponsor.
Do you think they will call me or my employer? i have applied using 2 jobs and savings to meet the financial requirement.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm

It depends some people get calls whilst others dont. With 2 jobs you are more likely to be called, especially if one of the jobs is a restaurant job or a family relative job.

I would memorise the application just incase I get a call from them. All the questions asked on the phone will be based on your application.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm
It depends some people get calls whilst others dont. With 2 jobs you are more likely to be called, especially if one of the jobs is a restaurant job or a family relative job.

I would memorise the application just incase I get a call from them. All the questions asked on the phone will be based on your application.
I can answer everything, but i am worried about one of my boss if he will struggle to answer as his english is not good..

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 am

Home Office cannot expect your boss to have good English. If your boss is unclear in English, home office can write to him instead. I wouldn't worry.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Dear Londoner007,

I am currently filling in the online application form for my wife who is applying for her Spouse visa from Bangladesh, I am almost done, I have few questions, apologies if some of these questions seem to dumb to ask!

Personal Details and Travel History:

1) In this section a question is – “Are your preferred contact details different from the contact details already provided above?” This question is asked after asking for permanent residential address- I have entered permanent residence as wife’s Bangladesh address. But for preferred contact details shall I enter my UK address?

2) Under Travel and Criminal history a question is – “Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years?”

- My wife visited Srilanka, Maldives and India on Tourist visa. Maldives is not a commonwealth country but India and Srilanka is – shall I answer this question with Srilanka and India excluding Maldives?

Family Details:

3) Does your spouse / partner currently live with you? – Yes or No
Should this be answered ‘No’ as currently we are living in two countries? Apologies if this seems too dumb of a question. I am just double checking to understand there are no tricks played by UKBA here?

Sponsor Details:

4) Place of Issue of Passport – there is no place of issue in the British Passport – is UK be OK?

5) Will your sponsor be travelling with you to the UK?
Is there any trick in this question? Because they have asked 3 times in the application form about this question. My wife is intending to come to UK on her own – so is this OK if I answer this ‘No’

Under Family Details sections ‘Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you? – Yes or No’ – I am answering this ‘No’

Also under Passport and Travel Information ‘Are you travelling with anyone’ – I have answered ‘No’

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions.

Many thanks,

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 pm

1) her full Bangladesh Address and contact details
2) yes
3) answer no
4) HMPO
5) answer no - no trick question at all they just want to know if you are a returning resident with her

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Thank you brother for your reply.

I am still confused with point no 1 and 4.

1) Under 'Personal Details and Travel History' the 1st question 'what is your permanent residential address and contact details' - Here I have given my wife's Bangladesh address including her contact details.

The next question in this section is 'Are your preferred contact details different from the contact details already provided above?' - Here can I answer this as 'Yes' and then for preferred contact address can I give the UK address and my phone number as contact?

4) I thought issuing authority is HMPO. Shall I then answer both issuing authority and place of issue as HMPO?

Appreciate you time brother.

Thanks,

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm

1 - you really are over-thinking this. This section is about the details of the applicant and their permanent address / contact. You are the sponsor. Just add wifes address and number, they require her contact details if they need to contact her in Bangladesh. If you provide your details it wont mean that they will contact you instead of her. If they need to contact you they will use details provided in sponsors section.

4 - place of issue will be UK and authority is HMPO if passport is issued after 2016. Once again you are over-thinking this. They really only care about the passport number as that's all they need to find all details about you.

Luckstar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Luckstar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi all,

I’m looking to apply for my partner (applicant is obviously in Bangladesh).

1. Would someone send me the website link where it states where I send my information too?
2. Website link to the application form
3. Is there any point in using a solicitor? From what I’m read, the sponsor can organise everything? Is there any benefits?
4. I have my own house but I rent this out. I live with my parents. Do I need to explain this in a covering letter?
5. What are the current fees when the applicant goes to the biometric test?

Many, many thanks in advance. 😊👍