ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing time taking too long?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Razbi

Re: Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by Razbi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Aamirns wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am
Nope. The tracker has not worked so far

usually it showsup when decision is being taken..i have applied on 24th of july lets c when m gonna hear anything from them

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:56 pm

My sister applied on 10th july and there is no response except initial email.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 pm

is der anyone got student visa( above 31 working days) if yes, please share ur timeline :cry: :cry:

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 pm
is der anyone got student visa( above 31 working days) if yes, please share ur timeline :cry: :cry:
Bro check other threads . Many of them got last week and also this week. Now days they are making decisions.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 pm
aerobalag wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 pm
Bro check other threads . Many of them got last week and also this week. Now days they are making decisions.
yeah,,they are making decision for people applying late july and august starting..but not people who applied at the start of july....its freaking me out

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 pm

yeah,,they are making decision for people applying late july and august starting..but not people who applied at the start of july....its freaking me out
Yeah i think there is something like that going on.
Two people that I know of got their visas here today. They both had their bio-metrics scanning and document uploading on 30th and 31st July respectively. So that makes it around 17-18 working days.

I would suggest if your start date is really close, and if you already haven't, try to get in touch with UKVI and your University to escalate the decision making.

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 am

aajss90 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 pm
aerobalag wrote:

Two people that I know of got their visas here today. They both had their bio-metrics scanning and document uploading on 30th and 31st July respectively. So that makes it around 17-18 working days.

I would suggest if your start date is really close, and if you already haven't, try to get in touch with UKVI and your University to escalate the decision making.
I have oscalated my application by calling UKVI today and they said our team will be in contact with you,as they've taken all of my details.And I hope that they are oscillating my process.I have been interviewed and given biometrics on 27th July.
Last edited by marvelousnoman on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:44 am

marvelousnoman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 am
aajss90 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

I have oscalated my application by calling UKVI today and they said our team will be in contact with you,as they've taken all of my details.And I hope that they ware oscillating my process.I have been interviewed and given biometrics on 27th July.
They told me the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. Don't waste your money calling them. It's basically a glorified call centre that rips you off.

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:44 am
marvelousnoman wrote:
aajss90 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

I have oscalated my application by calling UKVI today and they said our team will be in contact with you,as they've taken all of my details.And I hope that they ware oscillating my process.I have been interviewed and given biometrics on 27th July.
They told me the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. Don't waste your money calling them. It's basically a glorified call centre that rips you off.
Oops that's not good.Can you please tell me what is your course starting date and when you've made application? Mine is 11th Sep so it's close now.I had received the email from Sheffo a week ago they said that we are not able to process your application within our customer target as we have set it upto 15 working days.We will try our best to make a decision in the coming days but after that I've not heard any response from them..

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 am

marvelousnoman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 am
Mugatiya26 wrote:
marvelousnoman wrote:
aajss90 wrote:

Oops that's not good.Can you please tell me what is your course starting date and when you've made application? Mine is 11th Sep so it's close now.I had received the email from Sheffo a week ago they said that we are not able to process your application within our customer target as we have set it upto 15 working days.We will try our best to make a decision in the coming days but after that I've not heard any response from them..
Online Application: 09th July
Biometrics: 13th July
ECO assigned: 20th July
Course Start date: 18th September

Haven't received any emails from sheffo since the assigning of an ECO. Not even the inability make the customer target.

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:02 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 am
marvelousnoman wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
marvelousnoman wrote:

Haven't received any emails from sheffo since the assigning of an ECO. Not even the inability make the customer target.
That's not fair it's too much time and actually you've got the decision in this time frame actually.I was hoping to receive this week but they are getting us late and more late.He said to me as we have to much pressure now a days on us etc.I think that is the main reason that they are not able to decide the applicants in the time frame.I hope you will hear from them soon and kindly please let us inform about your process.

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 am

marvelousnoman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:02 am
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 am
marvelousnoman wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

That's not fair it's too much time and actually you should have got the decision in this time frame normally.I was hoping to receive this week but they are getting us late and more late.He said to me as we have to much pressure now a days on us etc.I think that is the main reason that they are not able to decide the applicants in the time frame.I hope you will hear from them soon and kindly please let us inform about your process.

christinar1087
Newly Registered

Post by christinar1087 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 am

Hi,

Online Application: 11th July
Biometrics: 14th July
ECO assigned: 21st July

Haven't received any emails from sheffo since the assigning of an ECO.Calling their Call center makes no sense cause they will only give one answer your case will be escalated.

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:10 am

From what i heard from my uni..they are processing based on the course start date. 30 working days over and i still haven't heard from them. My course start date is 15th Sep

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:13 pm

christinar1087 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 am
Hi,

Haven't received any emails from sheffo since the assigning of an ECO.Calling their Call center makes no sense cause they will only give one answer your case will be escalated.
I emailed the UKVI international enquiry service on 18th august to escalate my case but haven't received any reply from them. They don't even bother to reply even though I paid them £5.48 to send them an email. Using this paid service to get updates on our application is just a complete waste of money and time.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:13 pm
christinar1087 wrote:
Hi,

I emailed the UKVI international enquiry service on 18th august to escalate my case but haven't received any reply from them. They don't even bother to reply even though I paid them £5.48 to send them an email. Using this paid service to get updates on our application is just a complete waste of money and time.
don wrry bro....even if they replied they are not going other than..we escalated your application ,patience is highly appreciated.
thts it... :cry:

Sas1891
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sas1891 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Online Application: 07th July
Biometrics: 10th July
ECO assigned: 17th july
After than havent heard a single message from them.... Dont know what to do
Is any one who know the exact reasone about why they are delaying visa process

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:00 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:27 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:13 pm
christinar1087 wrote:
Hi,

don wrry bro....even if they replied they are not going other than..we escalated your application ,patience is highly appreciated.
thts it... :cry:
This is really frustrating as we have no clue on whats going on with our application. The enquiry service they used to operate before June was so helpful. They used to reply the following day with updates on the application.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Sas1891 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:52 pm
Online Application: 24th July
Biometrics: 26th July
7th august received an email from visainfo.SHEFO saying that they have received my application and is currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO
18th August I again received email saying that they failed to decide my application within the 15 days
18th August I also used the paid email service and contacted UKVI requesting to escalate my case
After this I haven't received any updates on my application.

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:07 pm
Sas1891 wrote:
7th august received an email from visainfo.SHEFO saying that they have received my application and is currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO
18th August I again received email saying that they failed to decide my application within the 15 days
18th August I also used the paid email service and contacted UKVI requesting to escalate my case
Hello, I have given biometrics and interviewed on 27th July,2017 from isb Pak.And on the same day like you on 18th Aug I received the same email like you told that we are failed to process your application in 15 days customer target time.After that I've also not received any updates about my application.I contacted UKVI today and made a call to escalate my application.But I don't know what's going on my course will start on 11th Sep so I am worried about everything going on...

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 pm

marvelousnoman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:01 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:07 pm
Sas1891 wrote:
Hello, I have given biometrics and interviewed on 27th July,2017 from isb Pak.And on the same day like you on 18th Aug I received the same email like you told that we are failed to process your application in 15 days customer target time.After that I've also not received any updates about my application.I contacted UKVI today and made a call to escalate my application.But I don't know what's going on my course will start on 11th Sep so I am worried about everything going on...
I don't know. I emailed them on 18th august using paid service but haven't received any reply. Now I feel like calling them is just wasting money.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:07 pm

mjaan wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:42 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
mjaan wrote:Thanks yousef
Mjaan ur escalation has passed 15 working days init , have u heard anything from them?

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm

My Visa App Status:

14 July Application Date
17 July Bio+FPrint+Documents Scanning
26 July ECO - E mail from Sheffo

And today i have nothing.

The funniest thing i've heard is my friend who applied on 2th August from Istanbul he hold his passport and TIER 4 visa today!!!

What is that... When we get our visas? I called Consulate then they told me we'll send you an e mail about ur app but nothing happened. Should send them e-mail? I couldnt go to honeymoon because of this app! Coz i thought i would get it in 15 days (they wrote on their website giving %100 decision in 15days)

what should i do now. i wrote my school then they told me 'ur school will start on 22th of sept so keep calm' but i passed lot of things because they hold my passport!!!!!

I will change my decision maybe im so unstable now. Because of this situation.

And what about u guys does anyone take visa who apply in the early or lately July? Thanks.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Yousef wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 am
mjaan wrote:Congrats mate
I hope this 30 days max is for returning students aswell ...

Yousef? You had ur 2nd interview , any news?
Nope, not yet at least.
Yousuf anything on your side?

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm
Yousef wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 am
mjaan wrote:Congrats mate
I hope this 30 days max is for returning students aswell ...

Yousef? You had ur 2nd interview , any news?
Nope, not yet at least.
Yousuf anything on your side?

What about you waqas?