ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Current Processing Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 am

Hello,

can anyone please give me the phone number or tell me where can i call for an update of my application? it clearly says in the UKBA website to call them if its been more than 6 weeks for point based aplication. please please.

mojila
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by mojila » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 am

farzu23 wrote:Hello,

can anyone please give me the phone number or tell me where can i call for an update of my application? it clearly says in the UKBA website to call them if its been more than 6 weeks for point based aplication. please please.
the number is 08706067766.
very very busy. try from 9am in the morning u get them. in the afternoons rare.
best of luck

ranya
Newly Registered

Post by ranya » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 pm

hi,

I have also applied on 23/Oct and havent recieved any info. its good to hear that some of us got back the passports.
I am trying this number but there is a recorded message playing that currently all of our officers are busy, if you want to talk then call back later. and then the call ends itself.
Is there any one who luckily got the chance to speak to the caseworker?

farzu23
Newly Registered

Post by farzu23 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm

ranya wrote:hi,

I have also applied on 23/Oct and havent recieved any info. its good to hear that some of us got back the passports.
I am trying this number but there is a recorded message playing that currently all of our officers are busy, if you want to talk then call back later. and then the call ends itself.
Is there any one who luckily got the chance to speak to the caseworker?
Hi,
I gave them a call this morning. After holding for luckily for only 9 mins i got to speak with a member of the HO. i am not sure if i have spoken with a caseworker or not and i think that caseworkers are too busy to pick up the phone.
Anyway, they asked my ref number and confirmed some details. Also they asked me if its been more than 6 weeks or not. All they said is the application is under further consideration and you have to wait for a bit longer. when i asked how long they said they won't be able to give any timeline.

atleast i hope i get my pasports back before the christmas and new year holyday starts. otherwise it will be stuck for ages.

ranya
Newly Registered

which course

Post by ranya » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi,

Congrats to all those who got the visa,did any of those who got the visa, applied against PG Diploma?

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi , I called dem this mornin. Bt dey tld its nt considered yet, no decision has been made yet. Do u guys reckon it will b done by christmas or next year. Its been more then 6 weeks. I really dnt knw how they pik dese up cos people who hv sent in nov are gettin theirs and we still sitting.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 am

Good news anyone?
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

ranya
Newly Registered

which institute

Post by ranya » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi,

Any good news, its been 7.5 weeks and i havent got my passport back.
I am also trying the HO number but no luck.
I am so stressed, can any one please help me, i was going through the forum, and i found that most of the fellows who got the visa, applied on uni, did any one who applied against college got visa?As i have applied against college and i m worrying that may be they are delaying the passport is that they are not giving visa to those who applied on college.

HELP PLEASE

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:44 pm

ranya wrote:i m worrying that may be they are delaying the passport is that they are not giving visa to those who applied on college
I am sure you have heard about the college scam that was reported. Who awarded your PG Diploma?

som1speciall
Newly Registered

look at this and then you will know y they are taking soo l

Post by som1speciall » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33393

and is there any1 who did it frm BITES and inform if any1 gets update abt there processing ttime

ranya
Newly Registered

Post by ranya » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:23 pm

PaperPusher wrote: I am sure you have heard about the college scam that was reported. Who awarded your PG Diploma?
Cambridge college of learning. Do u have any info about this?

ranya
Newly Registered

Post by ranya » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:53 pm

i know about the raid ,by info i mean that ...if some one actually attended the classes and WASTED 1 year of their life...what should they do....and what about our travel history?i have called yesterday to HO to ask about my application status n they said that ....waiting for further consideration...it will take ages to prove them that i wasted my time there.

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Anybody with gud news ?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:09 pm

ranya wrote:Cambridge college of learning. Do u have any info about this?
Well,

Cambridge College of Learning call themselves CCL on their website here:

http://www.camcollege.co.uk/about.php?p=history
Historical background of Cambridge College of Learning…

Cambridge College of Learning (CCL) was established in April 2001. Originally, CCL only provided General English language courses, teaching the Cambridge syllabus, from the beginner level through to the upper intermediate level, with examinations being taken for the Cambridge First Certificate level (FCE) and Cambridge Advance level (CAE)
And, if you look at the BBC report here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7775544.stm, you will see that they have blanked some stuff out, but note that it says "CCL" on a letter for a student reference........................

And lots of students (or are they?) have had there cases on hold for ages, according to what they have been posting here anyway!

That is it.

zee40294

Post by zee40294 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:02 am

at the moment is very bad situation for every one any way i was applied my visa mid of october and i am still waiting i phone them in the morning today they said my case in further consideration.

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi,
Anyone got their passports back last or this week? I don't know what these HO people are doing. its been more than 7 weeks and they only says it is waiting for further consideration. when i called for the first time thay asked me if its more than 6 weeks or not, other wise they won't be able to say anything. Now they are saying the same thing to everyone.

I also heard that the post office workers are going on a strick from 20th Dec to raise their wages. if its true then we are doomed.

Now a days i am so frustrated that i don't even care if i get the visa or not. i just want my passports back.

HO said on BBC that they loose atleast 5 passports every single day. i am very scared.

Please let me know if any of you got the passports back recently.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 pm

"HO said on BBC that they loose atleast 5 passports every single day"

Do you have source of this information please? :?

farzu23
Newly Registered

Post by farzu23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Vanadil wrote:"HO said on BBC that they loose atleast 5 passports every single day"

Do you have source of this information please? :?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hands.html

yore23
Newly Registered

Post by yore23 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:32 am

goodboy202001 wrote:Hi,
I posted my application end of October and I am still waiting for reply. Any body in that situation . Is dere no specific time how lond they take ? I recevd cnfirmation by HO on 4 Nov. Bt no news after that. Its quite concerning. Any ideas ?
hey mine is the same did u receive any news ?????

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 am

still waiting. no news yet. its too frustrating. holiday is coming soon and after that only GOD knows when i will get my passports back.

mscorpio

Post by mscorpio » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:24 am

farzu23 wrote:Hi,
Anyone got their passports back last or this week? I don't know what these HO people are doing. its been more than 7 weeks and they only says it is waiting for further consideration. when i called for the first time thay asked me if its more than 6 weeks or not, other wise they won't be able to say anything. Now they are saying the same thing to everyone.

I also heard that the post office workers are going on a strick from 20th Dec to raise their wages. if its true then we are doomed.

Now a days i am so frustrated that i don't even care if i get the visa or not. i just want my passports back.

HO said on BBC that they loose atleast 5 passports every single day. i am very scared.

Hi

I applied on 28th october and i received my passport back 18 december.

with psw visa

cheers and good luck

S_hope
Newly Registered

Post by S_hope » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 am

Was is College or university?
mscorpio wrote:

Hi

with psw visa

cheers and good luck

yore23
Newly Registered

Post by yore23 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 pm

farzu23 wrote:still waiting. no news yet. its too frustrating. holiday is coming soon and after that only GOD knows when i will get my passports back.
please follow the link below for the post office workers strike hopefully its not london so we can still hope for the best

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 330509.ece :wink:

mscorpio

Post by mscorpio » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I did my degree from University thanks

S_hope wrote:Was is College or university?
mscorpio wrote:

Hi

with psw visa

cheers and good luck

farzu23
Newly Registered

Post by farzu23 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:49 pm

yore23 wrote:
farzu23 wrote:still waiting. no news yet. its too frustrating. holiday is coming soon and after that only GOD knows when i will get my passports back.
please follow the link below for the post office workers strike hopefully its not london so we can still hope for the best

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 330509.ece :wink:
thank GOD. i was so worried about this as i didn't recieve any mails yesterday. hope for the best.