ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa Application

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:19 am

Dear all,

I have been completing appendix 2 form and I am stuck with one question in financial requirement part.

The qn is this:

''Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed 3.11 above, continuously for for 6 months prior to the date of the application''

As mentioned in initial posts, I work in NHS and I have to work on night shifts and weekends. I get enhancement for working on night shifts and number of night shifts vary every month (average two night a months). My weekend shift considered as overtime and there is a separate payslip for it. I am not taking weekend shift into consideration as it is not contracted employment (My HR department made it clear that they won't include my overtime payment in the employment letter. However, I am submitting my overtime payslips and mentioned about it in my cover letter). Due to this there is slight variation in my monthly payment (before tax) as follows:

April: 3136.50
May: 3306.19
June: 3251.99
July: 3251.99
August: 3259.49
September: 3255.61

How should I answer this qn? The options are yes or no

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:16 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:19 am
Dear all,

I have been completing appendix 2 form and I am stuck with one question in financial requirement part.

The qn is this:

''Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed 3.11 above, continuously for for 6 months prior to the date of the application''

As mentioned in initial posts, I work in NHS and I have to work on night shifts and weekends. I get enhancement for working on night shifts and number of night shifts vary every month (average two night a months). My weekend shift considered as overtime and there is a separate payslip for it. I am not taking weekend shift into consideration as it is not contracted employment (My HR department made it clear that they won't include my overtime payment in the employment letter. However, I am submitting my overtime payslips and mentioned about it in my cover letter). Due to this there is slight variation in my monthly payment (before tax) as follows:

April: 3136.50
May: 3306.19
June: 3251.99
July: 3251.99
August: 3259.49
September: 3255.61

How should I answer this qn? The options are yes or no
It is still referring to the amount you have earlier declared which is fine and what monthly gross income you have placed up there are only slightly different.
Are you filling paper Appendix 2? ( asking because I don't know if it is online now) same questions are already already incorporated into the online form.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:36 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I am filling the paper version because it comes in vfs website (uploading list) and I heard some ECOs are emailing applicants asking them to fill and return the paper form. Questions are more or less similar as online form. Tbh, can’t see the point of the paper version. Its just an extra paper work. I thought its best to fill it and upload to save ourselves from hassles in future.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:55 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:16 am

It is still referring to the amount you have earlier declared which is fine and what monthly gross income you have placed up there are only slightly different.
Are you filling paper Appendix 2? ( asking because I don't know if it is online now) same questions are already already incorporated into the online form.
Do you mean my annual salary?

Just confirm, the answer is yes, right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:50 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:

Do you mean my annual salary? Yes

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
My weekend shift considered as overtime and there is a separate payslip for it. I am not taking weekend shift into consideration as it is not contracted employment (My HR department made it clear that they won't include my overtime payment in the employment letter. However, I am submitting my overtime payslips and mentioned about it in my cover letter).
If weekend overtime you aren't considering presumably because of earning sufficiently through your principal hours then why are you attaching its payslips?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:50 am
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:

Do you mean my annual salary? Yes

Thanks AmazonianX

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
My weekend shift considered as overtime and there is a separate payslip for it. I am not taking weekend shift into consideration as it is not contracted employment (My HR department made it clear that they won't include my overtime payment in the employment letter. However, I am submitting my overtime payslips and mentioned about it in my cover letter).
If weekend overtime you aren't considering presumably because of earning sufficiently through your principal hours then why are you attaching its payslips?
I am submitting p60 as one of the supporting document. I thought submitting overtime payslips will avoid confusion (i mean incomes will add up) I clearly mentioned about this on application and cover letter. Is this okay? I am worried now :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:43 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
I am submitting p60 as one of the supporting document. I thought submitting overtime payslips will avoid confusion (i mean incomes will add up) I clearly mentioned about this on application and cover letter. Is this okay? I am worried now :(
P60 isn't needed at all due to making cloudy to the relevant income, however, instead can be supplied as a proof of address. Usually the overtime need to be duly reflected in the employer letter due to being a key information for which your employer has already expressed its discountenance. Wherefore, unless the application form is no longer editable and you aren't earning sufficiently without your overtime, don't attach these even mention in covering letter which instead propping up something may cause further exacerbation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Okay. Thanks Seagul

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:39 pm
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks AmazonianX
If I answer the question as yes it will take me to the end of the application.

This is my situation

I got promoted from a band 5 role to band 6 role (there are different pay bands in NHS). I work in same department and the job title slightly changed. I started new Band 6 role in 2 March 2020 and submitted the application on 10 October 2020.

On the initial online application there was a question about including the previous employment from last 12 months which I answered about band 5 role.

I don't want to contradict original application and apprendix 2 form. How should I include band 5 role in appendix form? I can write about this in part 5 (additional space for informaton). Is tnis okay?

Am I considered as Cat A or Cat B if I do that and does this affect the application process?

Did I make the mess of the application? How can I rectify this?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks AmazonianX

This is my situation

I got promoted from a band 5 role to band 6 role (there are different pay bands in NHS). I work in same department and the job title slightly changed. I started new Band 6 role in 2 March 2020 and submitted the application on 10 October 2020.

On the initial online application there was a question about including the previous employment from last 12 months which I answered about band 5 role.

I don't want to contradict original application and apprendix 2 form. How should I include band 5 role in appendix form? I can write about this in part 5 (additional space for informaton). Is tnis okay?

Am I considered as Cat A or Cat B if I do that and does this affect the application process?

What happens if you totally ditch Appendix 2 form? There is no requirement to fill it up anymore as the same questions you are answering are already incorporated in online form. (

(Or correct me as asked earlier is there an electronic Appendix 2 form that must be filled mandatorily?)

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:43 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks AmazonianX

This is my situation

What happens if you totally ditch Appendix 2 form? There is no requirement to fill it up anymore as the same questions you are answering are already incorporated in online form.

I am worried that ECO will email be back and ask for appedix 2. It also appearing on supporting document list (on vfs uploading website) that I have to submit.

Or correct me as asked earlier is there an electronic Appendix 2 form that must be filled mandatorily?

I think I misunderstood your question. It is paper copy that I downloaded from here
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf[/url]

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:43 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:

Thanks AmazonianX

This is my situation

What happens if you totally ditch Appendix 2 form? There is no requirement to fill it up anymore as the same questions you are answering are already incorporated in online form.

I am worried that ECO will email be back and ask for appedix 2. It also appearing on supporting document list (on vfs uploading website) that I have to submit.

Or correct me as asked earlier is there an electronic Appendix 2 form that must be filled mandatorily?

I think I misunderstood your question. It is paper copy that I downloaded from here
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf[/url]
If its the paper, you do not need to fill it, the questions which are more Straightforward are in the online form. Loads of successful application without Appendix 2 including mine.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 pm
If its the paper, you do not need to fill it, the questions which are more Straightforward are in the online form. Loads of successful application without Appendix 2 including mine.
Okay. Thanks for your advice.

Can I leave the appendix section on vfs website empty?

May I ask when did you apply? Are you happy to share that information?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:12 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 pm
Okay. Thanks for your advice.

Can I leave the appendix section on vfs website empty? Yes

May I ask when did you apply? Are you happy to share that information? Of course, in the past nearly 2 years since application went live online with HO moving from paper application, the Appendix 2 questions incorporated into online application. Guidance not updated to say no needto fill paper Appendix 2. However, people applying without it didn't get asked for it Nd went on to get successful application. Several testimony of such on the forum.
If you feel more comfortable filling it, no harm too.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Thanks Amazonian X.

Are these applications processed in Sheffield? Is new UK restrictions/potential lockdown going to delay the application process?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Thanks Amazonian X.

Are these applications processed in Sheffield? Is new UK restrictions/potential lockdown going to delay the application process?
It appears they are processed in Sheffield. There are still delays and or backlog in some forms from the first, so potentially they may not meet up service times. However, there are people who applied over the summer and got quick responses.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Thanks Amazonian X.

It appears they are processed in Sheffield. There are still delays and or backlog in some forms from the first, so potentially they may not meet up service times. However, there are people who applied over the summer and got quick responses.
Thanks AmazoniaX. I had to reschedule the initial VFS appointment as there was a local lockdown in her area. I guess new UK lockdown will slowdown the process even further.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:43 am

Dear all,

Can you please advice me what to do with the checklist?

Do I have to fill it in as I am going to upload the document? The applicant needs to sign the document the end. So I am slightly confused.

It also says:

''You must only sign this checklist when you go to your appointment''.

How it is possible to upload the checklist if the applicant is signing/ completing on the appointment day?

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:38 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:43 am
Dear all,

Do I have to fill it in as I am going to upload the document? The applicant needs to sign the document the end. So I am slightly confused.

It also says:

How it is possible to upload the checklist if the applicant is signing/ completing on the appointment day?
You do not fill in the checklist, neither do you sign it. The checklist will be signed on the day at the biometrics appointment in front of the vfs officer by the applicant.

You do not need to upload this either. The document checklist must be printed and taken along to the biometrics appointment.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:38 am
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:43 am
Dear all,

It also says:

You do not fill in the checklist, neither do you sign it. The checklist will be signed on the day at the biometrics appointment in front of the vfs officer by the applicant.

You do not need to upload this either. The document checklist must be printed and taken along to the biometrics appointment.
Great. Thanks Madnan1

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone used/ has experience of VFS global’s ‘Keep your passport when applying’ service? Can I use it for UK spouse visa?

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Dear all,

My wife has VFS appointment and I am getting paranoid about a few things. Can anyone please help me to address following concerns.

1. I have to submit a signed contract as part of the application. Normally once the role is accepted, our HR department send a copy contract via e-mail. We have to print it and sign the contract and return to the HR department (as a paper copy). As part of the application I am submitting the copy contract which is send by HR department via email. It only has signature of HR employee and it hasn't got my signature. Is this okay?

2. I submitted 19 different files as relationship evidence. When I received appointment confirmation notice via e-mail, it only has 13 files. But I can see all 19 files on the website. Is this okay?

3. As mentioned before, I can see all 19 files on the VFS website. I uploaded these files in a specific order for the convince of ECO, however all these files are all over the place when I checked now. Should I be worried?

Thanks for your time

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm
Dear all,

My wife has VFS appointment and I am getting paranoid about a few things. Can anyone please help me to address following concerns.

1. I have to submit a signed contract as part of the application. Normally once the role is accepted, our HR department send a copy contract via e-mail. We have to print it and sign the contract and return to the HR department (as a paper copy). As part of the application I am submitting the copy contract which is send by HR department via email. It only has signature of HR employee and it hasn't got my signature. Is this okay?

2. I submitted 19 different files as relationship evidence. When I received appointment confirmation notice via e-mail, it only has 13 files. But I can see all 19 files on the website. Is this okay?

3. As mentioned before, I can see all 19 files on the VFS website. I uploaded these files in a specific order for the convince of ECO, however all these files are all over the place when I checked now. Should I be worried?

Thanks for your time
1. Contract documents aren't needed

2&3). If you can view these all then I won't worry at all.