ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freei_007

Post by freei_007 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 pm

CCL appeal Decisions are coming it's conform news first result came 05/03/2009.

ukmigrate.com
Newly Registered

!!

Post by ukmigrate.com » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:14 am

!!

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:37 am

Dear reader,

I got PSW from CCL in August 2008, went to Home country for marriage and came back to UK on 9th December 2008. Came through the immigration without any problems. It was only when my wife came to UK in second week of February when we both became victims of immigration trouble. They asked my wife about my college name when she said CCL, the trouble started. Immigrations detained my wife for five days, not to mention she went through all this hassle and hell, I manage to lodge her appeal with the help of a solicitor. Now we have got only a few days left for our hearing.

No matter what i did in past, and i am sorry for that, we are in trouble now and we both really need help from all of you!! Any personal message is welcome. Any hearing tips, course work, college details etc.

Please help us guys.

kissmemissme

Post by kissmemissme » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 am

free_007

its 8/03/09

whts d decision ? can u plz let us know ?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:52 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Dear reader,

I got PSW from CCL in August 2008, went to Home country for marriage and came back to UK on 9th December 2008. Came through the immigration without any problems. It was only when my wife came to UK in second week of February when we both became victims of immigration trouble. They asked my wife about my college name when she said CCL, the trouble started. Immigrations detained my wife for five days, not to mention she went through all this hassle and hell, I manage to lodge her appeal with the help of a solicitor. Now we have got only a few days left for our hearing.

No matter what i did in past, and i am sorry for that, we are in trouble now and we both really need help from all of you!! Any personal message is welcome. Any hearing tips, course work, college details etc.
Please help us guys.
I do not think a genuine student would need tips about course work or details of the college they studied at for what, a year? I can only suggest you tell the truth in your hearing and nothing else.

You have a solicitor so speak to them about your options.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Dear reader,

Please help us guys.
I do not think a genuine student would need tips about course work or details of the college they studied at for what, a year? I can only suggest you tell the truth in your hearing and nothing else.

You have a solicitor so speak to them about your options.
Dear PaperPusher

I did a genuine MBA degree from a good international university two years back, and then joined a college because the university MBA was not qualifying for work permit which my employer was offering coz HO said it is US University and does not qualify so called British Educational standards. The college closed due to loss of business and at that time CCL was the only option to me!! I spent good over £25000 on my education in UK and did not want to spend more money and time. Now if I don’t get permission to work here, how can I recover my money? I know my visa obligation was to go back to my homeland after studies, but I was having a good job and wanted some international experience and at least earn as much as I spent here and then only go back!!
I did not do anything different by joining CCL, I just followed the trend in hope of recovering my costs which I guess any responsible person will do!! At the time of CCL, nobody knew this will happen to the college. I have seen so many other colleges which did similar things in past for student and PSW visas and never got caught. It was unfortunate CCL.

vignesh13
Newly Registered

Re: CCL REFUSAL with right of appeal

Post by vignesh13 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 am

sunshine11 wrote:Hi Everyone

Today I received refusal letter from HO with my passport.

I applied PSW end of october 2008 from CCL college. On refusal letter they said :-

"I am satisfied that all the documents submitted from the cambridge college of learning, were false because, the cambridge college of learning has never offered a legitimate post graduate qualification in buisness mannagement"

I just want clear every one that they didn't ban me (people said they ban for 1 year).

On the letter they said I have to leave this country as soon as possible (No time limit when mention on the letter, I think I have 28 days to leave)

I have right of appeal?

please some let me know if I will appeal, is their any chance to get visa or not?

please don't think I am joking or try to spreading any remour.

This is TRUE I got refusal with right of appeal.

If anyone know more Infomration then let me know.

If anyone can help me pleaseeeee help me

Many thanks

Sunshine

hello,
The reason that they have said, is it true? if thats the case then your appeal will be unsuccessful. But i would like to see your papers to know the exact grounds of appeal and see if anything can be done.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi guys,
Court called my solicitor today and said my case has been adjourned and they have made a panel of judges to solve all CCL cases. I will get another hearing date within next 3-4 weeks!!! Lets see what happens, It will be a judgement for all CCL students!!!

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:26 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Hi guys,
Court called my solicitor today and said my case has been adjourned and they have made a panel of judges to solve all CCL cases. I will get another hearing date within next 3-4 weeks!!! Lets see what happens, It will be a judgement for all CCL students!!!
  • have you been to hearing? or just your solicitor attended the hearing?

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:37 pm

phoenix777 wrote:
None of us has been to hearing, and I have not even submitted my “Bundleâ€

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:20 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
phoenix777 wrote:
None of us has been to hearing, and I have not even submitted my “Bundleâ€

brocklasner67@hotmail.com
Newly Registered

PSW VISA

Post by brocklasner67@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi

I got the refusal letter from HO. because of the £800 fund. could any one suggest me what to do or anyone has gone through this situation.

Please reply this as soon as you can

Thnaks

sunshine11
BANNED

Re: PSW VISA

Post by sunshine11 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:14 am

Hi Everyone
Hope everyone fine. I got new update for everyone. Today my solicitor called me and told me that judge refused my appeal.

Judge didn’t mention in his refusal that this PD diploma never taught in the college or we are not genuine student?

He said he refused my appeal because CCL not suppose to be awarded body. On this basis he refused my appeal.

I think college can award a diploma. I know many colleges who awarding the PG diploma and students get PSW visa.

HO blame on college that this diploma never taught in the college. HO didn’t mention that college can’t award PG diploma.

Judge gave totally different opinion. I don’t know what’s going on???

I will appeal against this decision. I will let you know the update.

If any one have update please let everyone know.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:29 am

Hope everyone fine. I got new update for everyone. Today my solicitor called me and told me that judge refused my appeal.

Judge didn’t mention in his refusal that this PD diploma never taught in the college or we are not genuine student?

He said he refused my appeal because CCL not suppose to be awarded body. On this basis he refused my appeal.

I think college can award a diploma. I know many colleges who awarding the PG diploma and students get PSW visa.

HO blame on college that this diploma never taught in the college. HO didn’t mention that college can’t award PG diploma.

• sunshine,

exactly same thing happened to me. and i got my determination today itself like you.

can you tell me have you got a chance for reconsideration.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:34 am

picolla wrote:

• sunshine,

exactly same thing happened to me. and i got my determination today itself like you.

can you tell me have you got a chance for reconsideration.
yes i have chance for reconsideration and i am going for this.

Be honest I don't how much chance to win NOW

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:44 am

yes i have chance for reconsideration and i am going for this.

Be honest I don't how much chance to win NOW[/quote]
  • do you know if we apply for reconsideration, what's the procedures? is it like appeal process?

or they gonna reconsider themselves.

or we have to go to court..

bit confused..

i think now it is time for barrister, coz we already proved that we are genuine. now barrister have to look at the laws related to it

what do you think

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:53 am

picolla wrote:yes i have chance for reconsideration and i am going for this.

Be honest I don't how much chance to win NOW
  • do you know if we apply for reconsideration, what's the procedures? is it like appeal process?

or they gonna reconsider themselves.

or we have to go to court..

bit confused..

i think now it is time for barrister, coz we already proved that we are genuine. now barrister have to look at the laws related to it

what do you think
[/quote]

No we don't need to go to court. They will check themsleves.

If reconsideration failed then you can go to high court.

ONE THING I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR TO EVERYONE. I DON'T WANT TO SCARE ANYONE. YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU THINK RIGHT FOR YOU.

I ONLY UPDATE BECAUSE I WANT TO SHARE INFO. WITH YOU ALL. MAY BE THIS INFO. HELP YOU. PLEASE DON'T THINK I WANT TO STOP YOU DOING ANY THING. I WANT TO HELP AND IF ANY ONE WANT MORE INFO. THEN LET ME KNOW OR SEND ME EMAIL.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:23 am

• hi sunshine

do you think it is believable? coz so many spreading rumours. whom to believe is big question.
    i know all of your information related to refusal ..hearing ...outcome is correct. coz i m going through like you. and i am facing same like you.

any way all the best.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:33 am

picolla wrote:
  • Yes I heard this thing as well. they said judges will take 1 decision for every one. any court hearing will be adjourne cos of this.

I know they will say NO cos more then 2000 students applied and its no chance they will give visa to every one. This is another trick. At the end answer will be NO

salam123

Post by salam123 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:36 pm

sunshine11 wrote:
picolla wrote:
  • Yes I heard this thing as well. they said judges will take 1 decision for every one. any court hearing will be adjourne cos of this.

I know they will say NO cos more then 2000 students applied and its no chance they will give visa to every one. This is another trick. At the end answer will be NO
i heard that one of my friend won the case.......

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:45 am

picolla wrote:
  • hi sunshine

do you think it is believable? coz so many spreading rumours. whom to believe is big question.
    i know all of your information related to refusal ..hearing ...outcome is correct. coz i m going through like you. and i am facing same like you.

any way all the best.
Guys,

I have read a lot in this forum. People are just blaming at each other now. I did not spread any rumors, I have received a letter from AIT last saturday. I will post the contents of it soon.

tuhadda_fuffar

Exact replica of the letter received from AIT regarding CCL.

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am

Standard Letter to all firms and appellants in relation to listed appeals regarding Cambridge College of Learning. -- Copy to HOPO Unit

Appeal Number:

“There are many hundreds of decisions under appeal arising out of applications for further leave to remain as Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrants where appellants have produced evidence of Post Graduate qualifications from Cambridge College of Learning based in London EC2.

The issues in each appeal are or appear to be similar. Thus common questions of law/fact arise in each of them.

In the interest of saving costs to appellants, court time and consistency of decision making where similar issues are involved Senior Immigration Judge Pinkerton has directed that one or more lead cases be heard urgently.

It is hoped that the findings arising from the lead case/s hearing will provide useful guidance to the parties to other appeals awaiting a hearing.

Thus pending to the hearing of the lead case/s the above numbered appeal has been adjourned without a new hearing date at present. The appeal will be relisted for hearing in due course.

Despite the adjournment you are not prevented from applying for the appeal to be relisted for hearing even prior to the hearing of the lead case/cases if you feel that such an application is merited.â€

jimlcps
Newly Registered

Post by jimlcps » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am

Dear Readers,

I have noted with concern, the on-going discussion linking LCPS with CCL. I want to state categorically that LCPS is not in anyway related to CCL. LCPS has been in existence since 2003. Until early this year, LCPS had two campuses in operation which were based in Luton and Reading. LCPS accredited by British Accreditation Council. In addition, LCPS is an accredited support centre for University of Sunderland. LCPS is not only a registered body with the Department of Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) but it is also a listed body. You can confirm this from DIUS web site by searching for London College of Professional Studies http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/providersregister/search.cfm

The College embarked on expansion programme this year and through Domino property agents, the College managed to acquire CCL premises in London. The College had been looking for a suitable premise to set up its London Campus. The LCPS management settled for CCL premises because of its location and the fact that it had an educational set up which meant less work in terms of pationing and also networking.

All qualifications provided by LCPS are genuine and are awarded either by University of Sunderland or by Edexcel. The College does not offer in-house certificates. However, plans are at an advanced stage for some of our partner UK universities to validate our in-house programmes.

I hope this would demystify the misconception that LCPS is an offspring of CCL. If you have any query please do not hesitate to reach us on: 01582 722223.

Your sincerely,

Jim Otieno

picolla wrote:

Code: Select all

The new college mentioned isn't able to sponsor international students, they don't even seem to have a website.
Unfortunately (or not) this is not the Minority Report with precogs able to see crimes before they happen. UKBA or the police can only act afterwards. If anyone has any sensible suggestions about how scams can be prevented perhaps they can share them.

Code: Select all

new college website    lcps.org.uk

even they highlighted about getting psw after completing courses mentioned there. though not updated about london campus.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Diokpa wrote:
sunshine11 wrote:Hello all
I don't want to argue. Just want to let you know CCL college is still closed and the college you talking about is on top floor.

This college was in this building last 2-3 years.
Thanks for clarifying that sunshine11, I guess some people who claim to have been 'genuine' students never seemed to notice the school whilst they were 'studying'.
  • once i talked about the LCPS college took place in CCL premises. some of you pointed at me as if i m telling lie though it's not related to CCL anyway.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 pm

picolla wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
sunshine11 wrote:Hello all
I don't want to argue. Just want to let you know CCL college is still closed and the college you talking about is on top floor.

This college was in this building last 2-3 years.
Thanks for clarifying that sunshine11, I guess some people who claim to have been 'genuine' students never seemed to notice the school whilst they were 'studying'.
  • once i talked about the LCPS college took place in CCL premises. some of you pointed at me as if i m telling lie though it's not related to CCL anyway.
Hi picolla
now its not matter about new college. Its matter how we fight and win our appeal. we recspect your update. If you have any other update please let every one know