ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:I have seen 2 of these cases when people applied and did not declare certain things, and were refused for employing deception.
Personally, I have never used an immigration lawyer as I can sit down and spend 2-3h to understand what documents I need and what form to fill in. Though I would agree that sometimes, the immigration lawyer can expedite the application form.

The HO is now very aggressive and treat 'did not declare' as a 'deception'.
The application form has to be checked 10 times before posting it to the HO!

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:39 pm

thanks alexsh1 for reply,

i have been following a very popular thread on another forum and people did wait a on avreage 14-18 weeks to get ILRs, however the general trend hs changed now and they are clearing the new applications very quickly, unfortunately they seem to have a policy of first in first out and if your application was not one of the lucky ines to be considered early on, they just put it on the backburner....well i am going to wait a few more days..hopefully will receive some good news...if not will have to look at options like complaining etc.

the new points based citizenship, do you think it will affect people who are on ILR now or those who've applied for it, like me? i hope its not earlier than july 2011

alexkutty

2 weeks or 3 weeks max.

Post by alexkutty » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am

Thank you very much for the forum members for these wonderful resources. I received my Passports back with ILR stamped.

Application Posted: 21/07/2009
Acknowledgement dated: 22/07/2009
ILR date: 06/08/2009
Documents received: 11/08/2009

For application details see the following link:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=42884

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 pm

surya4uk, any updates from your end?

surya4uk1
BANNED

Post by surya4uk1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm

main wrote:surya4uk, any updates from your end?
hi,

i am sorry for late reply. Some reason i couldn’t able to login to this portal for updating the status of my application. I have created new user id and updating my application status....

Finally, i got approved my ILR on 6th Aug 2009 and i received all documents on 12th Aug 2009.

Some of you may not aware of my details of application...so for those who doesn’t know about my details
1)on 11th march 2009 i applied SET(O) application under HSMP(HSMP got approve on Sep2007 but i got stamped on Oct 2007 valid until Oct 2009)
2)But there was systems down on that day so they (CROYDON PEO) collected my application with supported document and advised me to collect the passports on 18th March 2009.
3)on 14th March 2009, i received a letter for extra documents...p60/p45 from last 5 years
4)i sent all details on 18th march .... since then no reply from Home office.
5)i went to home office to enquire about my application on 25th July and someone looked at my application and advised me that they are treating my application as postal since my case was extended for extra documents and also they told me wait until home office respond me....this is nonsense....
6) I was frustrated and send all these details to my MP on 30th July 2009 and he enquire about my application also sent urgent treatment.
7) On 6th Aug 2009 home office stamped ILR on my passport and i received on 12th Aug.

ooh god.... after long long battle...i received this. From March 18th to July 25th i sent many many complaints but home office never responded my complaints.

Along with my passport i have received apologies letter from home office about long delay of my application and case extenstion.

I lodge another complaint about refund of fee difference between Premium application and postal application. Since home office adviser’s error they have extended my case. This error from initial case worker, when i try to give all documents on 11th march 2009 he refused to take all of them. . I try to force him to take all but he again refused to take all and advised me that those not require processing my application further. But second case worker extended my case for those documents and he turned my premium application to postal treatment.

For these mistake happened from home office adviser (Lack of knowledge to process my application at first stage) so now i am demanding fee refund and back dated ILR letter.

I am waiting for this response.

Will see what happens....i will update all...

surya4uk1
BANNED

Post by surya4uk1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 pm

I am planing to take this case further (to proceed court) If home office refused to refund fee and provide back dated ILR letter.

This is home office case worker mistake......

I will keep post all about this,,,

Until then

.. all the best of those waiting for ILR....
Last edited by surya4uk1 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 am

congrats suray4uk1, all the best for future!

jigneshkv
Newly Registered

ILR Processing times

Post by jigneshkv » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 am

Hello, I am not sure if there is any way I can chase the status of my application?! I would appreciate any help if possible.

Application Posted: 12/09/2011
Acknowledgement dated: 15/09/2011
Documents received: Not Yet

When I try calling HO, it says if your application was sent in the last 6 months we cannot provide any information. I have to use up my annual leaves soon and it has been 4 months already since I've applied!

I regret making a Postal application...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:58 pm

If it is taking that long... then it was probably a good idea to apply via post anyway!

you see, they are probably not sure about something and are doing their background checks.

One option, which was posted by a forum member, is to call them up. Tell them you want to withdraw your application etc. so the guy on the end will try to find your application to update the records. Obviously, if you are lucky, you can ask him/her to tell you current status etc.

Omce you know it... you can politely say that you have changed your mind and that you will wait a bit longer. make sure to tell him very clearly that you do NOT want to withdraw your app after all.

Post here, if you are successful in getting the status of your app via this method!

jigneshkv
Newly Registered

Post by jigneshkv » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 pm

when i rang them the said they can arrange for docs t be sent back but cann give me the current status.

how useless these people are!

the waiting continues.....