ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Introduction of immigration cap deemed unlawful

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am

This change is effective from 23 December and applications for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (General) migrant made on or after that date will not be accepted. Applications for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (General) migrant made before that date will still be considered against the existing Immigration Rules. These changes do not apply to those who have existing leave in the Tier 1 (General) category and require an extension of stay, nor do they apply to those presently in the United Kingdom in another category of stay and are applying for a variation of leave as a Tier 1 (General)
migrant.

Clearly mentioned that existing Immigration Rules apply. Since all those who already have T1G and inside UK fall in their respective Immigration Rules so they wont be able to enforce new rules on existing T1G. but nobody know when Mr.Green turns Mr.Blue.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am

sushdmehta wrote:
manojk005 wrote:Look like, intensive speculation and scare mongering will start soon despite request not to do so by moderator. Hence, moderator should consider locking this thread or moderate intensively by deleting posts which are not substantiated by authentic information.
Post in question - both off-topic and speculative - (and related follow-up responses) deleted.

regards
Thats great sushdmehta. I always believe that one should respect others whatever the situation and not spread any unfounded rumours. I also appreciate moderators other committments so best option is to maintain self-discipline. I urge all members to make moderators tasks easier as they are here to help all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 am

manojk005 wrote:There was urgent question on immigration cap at 3:30 PM today. Its available on,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/ ... 305975.stm

I do not have headphone with me rightnow so can not say what was said.
Urgent question on the temporary immigration cap
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:25 pm

just have the same question in mind

since the announcement on 19 dec tat the cap was unlawful wud only those applications between 19th - 23rd be uncapped ?

wat abt the applications before 19th dec how wud they be decided ? wud they be capped or uncapped ?

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 pm

rohitys wrote:just have the same question in mind

since the announcement on 19 dec tat the cap was unlawful wud only those applications between 19th - 23rd be uncapped ?

wat abt the applications before 19th dec how wud they be decided ? wud they be capped or uncapped ?
It was on 17th.

“In my judgment no interim limits were lawfully published or specified by the secretary of state for either Tier 1 or Tier 2... and there is not, and never has been, a limit on the number of applicants who may be admitted either under Tier 1 or the number of certificates of sponsorship that should be issued to Tier 2 sponsors.â€

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

rohitys wrote:just have the same question in mind

The cap was unlawful and there is no cap for Tier 1 General as per my understanding. As an "alternative" to stop more people from coming in, they just closed the route.

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:04 am

mulderpf wrote: The cap was unlawful and there is no cap for Tier 1 General as per my understanding. As an "alternative" to stop more people from coming in, they just closed the route.
so all successful applications before 23rd dec shud be granted the visa...right ???

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 am

most likely

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:32 am

rohitys wrote:
mulderpf wrote: The cap was unlawful and there is no cap for Tier 1 General as per my understanding. As an "alternative" to stop more people from coming in, they just closed the route.
so all successful applications before 23rd dec shud be granted the visa...right ???
Yes, as things stand now.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Ekina
Newly Registered

PSWP to Tier 1 General

Post by Ekina » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on a Post Study Work Permit and will score enough points for a switch to Tier 1 General in May 2011 (PSW valid til October 2011). Will I still be able to apply for T1G under the new law to take effect in April 2011? Any news on the 'interim solution'?

Thanks!

push
United Kingdom

Re: PSWP to Tier 1 General

Post by push » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Ekina wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am currently on a Post Study Work Permit and will score enough points for a switch to Tier 1 General in May 2011 (PSW valid til October 2011). Will I still be able to apply for T1G under the new law to take effect in April 2011? Any news on the 'interim solution'?

Thanks!
Tier-1 will be closed post April 2011.So the answer is no.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

newmoon

CLOSING DATE

Post by newmoon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

HI

WHICH DATE IN APRIL 2011 THEY ARE CLOSING TIER 1 GENERAL ROUTE.

THANKS

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:56 pm

ON and after april 6th new tier 1 rules will be applied.