ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 am

ok here is my time line:

Applied for settlement visa : 23rd August 2011
visa refused: 11th November 2011
Applied for appeal: 25th November 2011
Appeal allowed: 15th December 2011 (saying we will be contacted after 31st march 2012 about court date)
Appeal court date letter recieved: 25th Febuary 2012 (so before they said)
Appeal court date: 11th April 2012
Sending all docs for appeal: 2nd April 2012 (next day delivery)

Now ill have to wait to see if we get the visa

Were applying for settlement visa for my husband who was illegal in the uknif this helps. and hes from algeria! :?

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 am

Yes, your wife’s letter is probably on the way now.

No. I didn’t fill in form online or upload the form. I just filled in the printed form and posted it. I was kicking myself for not filling the online form afterwards because I thought it might have speeded up my application. But from you have experienced, I guess it doesn’t really make much difference.

bobobo wrote:Thanks mate its good to hear that you got the BioMetrics Invitation letter, we might just be next.

Also did you also fill in the form online and pay online or am I the only chump who went for this new funky service offered by the HO, where you can fill the form, upload it, print it out sign it and then send it off with the docs. I did pay online and got a payment ref number which I sent to the HO.

All the best for the future
Echo721 wrote:
bobobo wrote:My wife applied for FLR(M) after marriage, She currently has Leavr to Remain under PSW.
Date application Sent - 23/02/12 Next day delivery
Date HO received Application - 24/02/12
Received Acknowledgement Letter - between 01-03 March 12
BRP Invitation Letter -???
Successful Application intimation - ???
BRP Card - ???
Passport and Documents back - ???

We used the new FLR(M) form which can be downloaded and filled in electronically and then subsequently uploaded to the HO website (need to print the form out, sign the form and send it to HO with all supporting docs). Also made the payment by Debit Card, which went through. Attached the confirmation Email along with the Ref Number generated.

I would have thought this would speed up the process, but maybe I was wrong, will need to wait and watch.
Hi, we have similar timeline.

Mine is:

Date Docs sent: 23/2/2012
Date payment was taken: 29/2/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 2/3/12 (dated 27/2/12)
Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 22/3/2012 (dated 19/2/12, 2nd class post)

Visa applied for: FLR(M) Unmarried parter
Switching from: Tier 1 (General) which expires on 20/4/2012

I'll go to get my biometrics done tomorrow. :)

Good luck to your wife and myself. :D

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am

Sounds very stressful! Good luck to you!

noclue wrote:ok here is my time line:

Appeal allowed: 15th December 2011 (saying we will be contacted after 31st march 2012 about court date)

Were applying for settlement visa for my husband who was illegal in the uknif this helps. and hes from algeria! :?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 pm

OK, sounds freaky but my wife just called me and said that she has received the Biometrics letter but Unfortunately they have got the title wrong, it should ehave been MRS XXXXX XXXXXX but they have put this down as MISS XXXXXX XXXXXX
not sure if this really matters, will call them and see what they say
Echo721 wrote:Yes, your wife’s letter is probably on the way now.

No. I didn’t fill in form online or upload the form. I just filled in the printed form and posted it. I was kicking myself for not filling the online form afterwards because I thought it might have speeded up my application. But from you have experienced, I guess it doesn’t really make much difference.

bobobo wrote:Thanks mate its good to hear that you got the BioMetrics Invitation letter, we might just be next.

Also did you also fill in the form online and pay online or am I the only chump who went for this new funky service offered by the HO, where you can fill the form, upload it, print it out sign it and then send it off with the docs. I did pay online and got a payment ref number which I sent to the HO.

Echo721 wrote:
bobobo wrote:My wife applied for FLR(M) after marriage, She currently has Leavr to Remain under PSW.
Date application Sent - 23/02/12 Next day delivery
Date HO received Application - 24/02/12
Received Acknowledgement Letter - between 01-03 March 12
BRP Invitation Letter -???
Successful Application intimation - ???
BRP Card - ???
Passport and Documents back - ???

We used the new FLR(M) form which can be downloaded and filled in electronically and then subsequently uploaded to the HO website (need to print the form out, sign the form and send it to HO with all supporting docs). Also made the payment by Debit Card, which went through. Attached the confirmation Email along with the Ref Number generated.

I would have thought this would speed up the process, but maybe I was wrong, will need to wait and watch.

Mine is:

Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 22/3/2012 (dated 19/2/12, 2nd class post)

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:44 pm

That is freaky. Maybe there is a standard timeline for the applications. I did my finger print and photo at lunch time at the post office. My letter came with Ms but I couldn’t remember I put Miss or Ms on the form. But the people at the post office only checked the spelling of my name and my date of birth. No mention of the title at all. So I don't really know if the title is essential or not.
bobobo wrote:OK, sounds freaky but my wife just called me and said that she has received the Biometrics letter but Unfortunately they have got the title wrong, it should ehave been MRS XXXXX XXXXXX but they have put this down as MISS XXXXXX XXXXXX

Echo721 wrote:

Mine is:

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Echo721 wrote:Sounds very stressful! Good luck to you!

noclue wrote:ok here is my time line:

tell me about it. its very very stressful and no one seems to be able to help and only solisotors want lots of money ... typical. but thanks :) ill let everyone know the out come when i find out

coventry
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by coventry » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Dear All

Bio-metric taken at PO on 11/2/12- still awaiting decision from HO.
Am always looking for the postman, this waiting is very stressful.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm

My wife called the number on the biometrics letter and asked what needs to be done, she was advised she cant use that letter to give biometrics as this will create problems, instead she will now be sent a new letter which she will have to use for biometrics....so its a waiting game again now...
Echo721 wrote:That is freaky. Maybe there is a standard timeline for the applications. I did my finger print and photo at lunch time at the post office. My letter came with Ms but I couldn’t remember I put Miss or Ms on the form. But the people at the post office only checked the spelling of my name and my date of birth. No mention of the title at all. So I don't really know if the title is essential or not.
bobobo wrote:OK, sounds freaky but my wife just called me and said that she has received the Biometrics letter but Unfortunately they have got the title wrong, it should ehave been MRS XXXXX XXXXXX but they have put this down as MISS XXXXXX XXXXXX

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! Now you made me worried. My letter says Ms. I found my draft application form where I ticked Miss. I can't remember what I ticked on the final form. :(However, I'm applying for the visa as an unmarried partner. So I guess Miss or Ms wouldn't matter that much, maybe? Anyways, too late for me to worry about that since I have already submitted my biometric data.

Fingers crossed. I'll update my application status here. And I hope your wife's new letter will arrive very soon.

bobobo wrote:My wife called the number on the biometrics letter and asked what needs to be done, she was advised she cant use that letter to give biometrics as this will create problems, instead she will now be sent a new letter which she will have to use for biometrics....so its a waiting game again now...
Echo721 wrote:That is freaky. Maybe there is a standard timeline for the applications. I did my finger print and photo at lunch time at the post office. My letter came with Ms but I couldn’t remember I put Miss or Ms on the form. But the people at the post office only checked the spelling of my name and my date of birth. No mention of the title at all. So I don't really know if the title is essential or not.

Echo721
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

I can totally understand that. One night I dreamed about biometic letter the whole night! :(
coventry wrote:Dear All

Papertrail

Re: still waiting

Post by Papertrail » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:17 am

Echo721 wrote:I can totally understand that. One night I dreamed about biometic letter the whole night! :(
coventry wrote:Dear All

Huh...tell me about it. I am still waiting for my letter...watching over the mail box like a hawk. Am trying to keep myself busy :( but it don't work. Am really trying to not get any more distressed and frustrated than i already am.
Congratulations to all who have got their letters. I hope those with letters with errors will get the new letters ASAP. Goodluck to all!

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:23 am

I applied in January and i haven't got my BAL yet. I tried calling them but getting through is a miracle. So i emailed my MP who responded the next day and assigned someone to look into my case. The person made an enquiry about my application and the %$#% UKBA said that my application is awaiting allocation to a case worker. I emailed the person from the MP's office back and made my complaint about waiting since January. They said they talked to one of the UKBA managers and they will email me within 10 days.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks Echo721, if you are applied as unmarried patner then it doesnt really matter to be honest.
Guys it is really frustrating the HO take their sweet time and then either the application gathers dust or they get things wrong, makees you wonder are these people qualified enough, I mean if you pay you do expect a level of service.

Hope eveyone gets their documents soon and can get some peace back in their life(s).
Echo721 wrote:Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! Now you made me worried. My letter says Ms. I found my draft application form where I ticked Miss. I can't remember what I ticked on the final form. :(However, I'm applying for the visa as an unmarried partner. So I guess Miss or Ms wouldn't matter that much, maybe? Anyways, too late for me to worry about that since I have already submitted my biometric data.

Fingers crossed. I'll update my application status here. And I hope your wife's new letter will arrive very soon.

bobobo wrote:My wife called the number on the biometrics letter and asked what needs to be done, she was advised she cant use that letter to give biometrics as this will create problems, instead she will now be sent a new letter which she will have to use for biometrics....so its a waiting game again now...

LondonResident
Newly Registered

Query

Post by LondonResident » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 am

Donking1 wrote:I finally received my biometric booking letter last Friday. But when I thought the worst was over, the real drama began when I tried to book an appointment to enrol my wife and daughters Biometric on the UKBA system. There are no post offices offering the service in or near Cardiff where we live and the only option for us is using the Cardiff PEO.

I made countless attempts to book the appointment online, but the system kept indicating there are no appointments at the Cardiff PEO if I include a dependant. However, when I tried without highlighting the dependant’s icon, it brought up a list of appointment dates from the 4th of April. I then selected the earliest possible dates and tried to make a booking, the computer system kept indicating it does not recognised the case reference number I entered even though I entered the exact number issued by the UKBA many times over.

I first made a phone call to the UKBA and an unhelpful lady at the other end told me she could not make a booking on phone and instead asked me to email their IT department at (applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) to inform them if issues with the system. I found this very strange indeed. Would it not have been easier for her to arrange to pass the information to the IT department? I decided to send the same email to the email address provided on the biometric booking letter (appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) and received a response late yesterday informing that the request have been passed on to the Cardiff POE who will contact me. A few minutes later I received a text message from the Cardiff POE with the appointment booked for next Monday.

Worryingly, I discovered since last Friday that the closes Post Offices to us offering the service are in London or Birmingham. That kept me thinking, why introduce a system in a rush when you do not have the resources in place to deal with its implementation. Is it reasonable or fair to expect applicants to travel all the way from Cardiff to Birmingham or London to enrol their biometric details? The Jury is still out!

Hi Donking1,

Have you received one Biometric Letter for your wife and daughters or separate letter for everyone? I also applied for FLR(M) for my wife and daughter (under one application) and just received one Biometric letter. Just want to confirm if I will receive separate letter for everyone or not.

Thanks,

Donking1

Re: Query

Post by Donking1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

LondonResident wrote:
Hi Donking1,
Have you received one Biometric Letter for your wife and daughters or separate letter for everyone? I also applied for FLR(M) for my wife and daughter (under one application) and just received one Biometric letter. Just want to confirm if I will receive separate letter for everyone or not.

Thanks,
Hi LondonResident,
I received two separate letters one addressed to my wife and the other to my daughter, but with the same Case Reference number though. I also submitted one application for wife and daughter and received both letters in the same envelope. I will keep you updated about the outcome of their biometric appointment tomorrow. You may have to ring or email them about this.

LondonResident
Newly Registered

Post by LondonResident » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Donking1 wrote:
LondonResident wrote:
Hi Donking1,

Thanks,
Hi LondonResident,
I received two separate letters one addressed to my wife and the other to my daughter, but with the same Case Reference number though. I also submitted one application for wife and daughter and received both letters in the same envelope. I will keep you updated about the outcome of their biometric appointment tomorrow. You may have to ring or email them about this.
Hi Donking1,
Thanks for reply. I called UKBA today and they advised me that I should receive separate biometric letters for my wife and daughter. Call operator said that she has raised this issue to the relevant department and I will receive other biometric letters within 2 week.

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 pm

LondonResident wrote:
LondonResident wrote:
LondonResident wrote:
Hi Donking1,

Thanks,
Hi LondonResident,
Hi Donking1,
Thanks for reply. I called UKBA today and they advised me that I should receive separate biometric letters for my wife and daughter. Call operator said that she has raised this issue to the relevant department and I will receive other biometric letters within 2 week.
Thanks for the feedback LondonResident,
I’m sorry to hear that. Having raised the issue with the lady who dealt with my wife and daughter’s biometric enrolment this afternoon, it appears yours is another example of the litany of mistakes by the UKBA. I was informed that the biometrics are done on individual basis and cannot be enrolled without the letter confirming the name, date of birth and nationality of each and every individual included on the application form.
I hope you receive your letter soon.

viking12
Newly Registered

Update on my application for you guys

Post by viking12 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi,

I got Biometric letter today! :)

Posted on 27/02/2012
UKBA Received on 28/02/2012
Acknowledgement Letter received- 15/03/2012 (Although letter was dated 29/02/2012)
Biometric letter received- 28/03/2012 (Dated 24/03/2012)

Hopefully getting the Biometric done tomorrow...

coventry
Newly Registered

letter form HO

Post by coventry » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi All

Received my passport (british) today along with a letter asking for the same documents previous sent i.e. wage slips, bank statements, letter addressed to both etc. has anyone experience this ? We think we need to ring and ask "why" .

viking12
Newly Registered

Latest Updates

Post by viking12 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi,

Posted on 27/02/2012
Acknowledgement Letter received- 15/03/2012 (Although letter was dated 29/02/2012)
Biometric Enrolled- 30/03/2012

Waiting for final result...

Hope it doesn't too long? How long do you guys think I have to wait till I get my result?

Thanks guys

bobobo

Re: Latest Updates

Post by bobobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Mate thats the golden question with NO answer, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best, you should hear shortly. I and many more are in the same boat.All the best.
viking12 wrote:Hi,

Posted on 27/02/2012
Biometric Enrolled- 30/03/2012

Waiting for final result...

Hope it doesn't too long? How long do you guys think I have to wait till I get my result?

Thanks guys

jay2x
Newly Registered

Re: letter form HO

Post by jay2x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 am

coventry wrote:Hi All

Received my passport (british) today along with a letter asking for the same documents previous sent i.e. wage slips, bank statements, letter addressed to both etc. has anyone experience this ? We think we need to ring and ask "why" .
Do they deliver your passport or documents via Royal Mail signed for delivery? Thanks

bobobo

Re: letter form HO

Post by bobobo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 pm

If you havent sent a self addressed SD Royal Mail envelope then you will get the documents back by Recorded Delivery, which is signed for
jay2x wrote:
coventry wrote:Hi All

Do they deliver your passport or documents via Royal Mail signed for delivery? Thanks

shhh
Newly Registered

Post by shhh » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 am

Date Docs sent: 18/1/12 (lost by post office for three weeks)
Date Application Deliver to HO: 6/2/12
Date Application fees was taken: 6/2/12
Ack. Letter received: 11/02/12 (but dated 6/2/12)
Biometrics booking letter: Dated 12/3/12, received 15/3/12
Biometrics issued 15/3/12
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 3/4/12
Date Biometric Card Received from HO: Pending

Switching from Tier 1 to FLR(M)

Echo721
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by Echo721 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

shhh wrote:Date Docs sent: 18/1/12 (lost by post office for three weeks)
Date Application Deliver to HO: 6/2/12
Date Application fees was taken: 6/2/12
Ack. Letter received: 11/02/12 (but dated 6/2/12)
Biometrics booking letter: Dated 12/3/12, received 15/3/12
Biometrics issued 15/3/12
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 3/4/12
Date Biometric Card Received from HO: Pending

Switching from Tier 1 to FLR(M)
Congratulations, Shhh!! Finally heard someone who received their passport back. Hope your biometric card will arrive soon. May I ask when was the expiry date of your Tier 1 Visa? I just wonder if it has anything to do how fast they process applications.

I think anniecc also enrolled her biometric info on the 15th or 16th March. I wonder if she will receive her passport back soon too. I enrolled mine on the 23/3. Hopefully my passport and biometrics card will be on the way to me soon. Fingers crossed.