ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Long-term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm

How is self-employment different from business permission? I understand that to be self-employed you need to open your company. But the following statement says that if you are not employed by someone and you wish to pursue a business activity you must obtain business permission.

“Non-EEA Nationals who wish to pursue a business activity (in a capacity other than as an employed person for whom an employer would have to obtain a work permit) must first obtain Business Permission.â€

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Non-EEA Nationals who wish to pursue a business activity (in a capacity other than as an employed person for whom an employer would have to obtain a work permit) must first obtain Business Permission.â€

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 am

Hi anybody got approval LTR lately? what did it say on the paper? pay in GNIB 500 Euros?

What dates did you apply

Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

here are some news in relation to LTR fee.
the payment on approval has to be made by postal order or bank draft to LTR section. it works out pretty much the same as with citizenship. when your application is approved you get all instructions by post, send them the PO or bank draft and get your grant letter. with that grant letter you go to GNIB and get your stamp 4 for 5 years. i believe you are given 28 days to pay the fee for LTR. if money is not received they will probably take it as you are not interested in LTR any more...
they are processing February 2008 at the moment.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:18 pm

i had applied end jan 2008 would someone roughly know how long does it takes when the processing is started for the whole process.
regards

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

just an update a friend of mine got her approval yesterday she applied septermber 2007 or october 2007 I forgot.

she is only given 28 days to pay the fee.

good luck to rest im crossing my fingers applied jan 2008

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 pm

i had applied end jan 2008 would someone roughly know how long does it takes when the processing is started for the whole process.
regards
it takes approximately 2-3 months.

csr

Post by csr » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm

hi guys,

I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

I am in a dialoma situation, I appied in March 2008 for LTR. as agniukas mentioned, Feb 2008 is being processed now, sooner I may get my one as well, I hope ::)

I will be completing 8 years in Ireland on working visa by Jan 2010.

Do you advise to go for "Without Condition As To Time Endorsements" instead LTR? I mean I can save 500 euros

any ideas much appriciated.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 pm

csr, are you sure that in jan 2010 you will definately have exactly 8 years (gaps not counted)?
LTR or WCATT is completely your choice. just few things: nobody knows what happens in the future, maybe by the time its time for you to apply for WCATT they will introduce a fee there as well, or the waiting time rise from days/weeks to months as it happened with LTR (mind you in 2006 it was only 3 months waiting for LTR, and then it rapidly increased to 18 months and now around 2 years), or WCATT may get cancelled at all so that it doesn't attract all the applications and money from LTR...
so you have to weight up the risks and possibilities before making your decision.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:53 am

agniukas Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
regards

it takes approximately 2-3 months.

thanks agniukas fingers crossed hpefully two years wait be over soon

csr

Post by csr » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:01 am

thanks agniukas for quick reply and for your valuable thoughts

I just double checked the dates, I will be completing 8 years by Apr 20th 2010. So, I have to wait 3 more months to apply for WCATT than originally thought i.e. Jan 2010.

I agree with you, any thing can be changed in course of time.

The funny thing in my case is that, usally everybody wants LTR as quickly as possible, but I am praying to DELAY my case as much as as possible ::)) to buy some time i.e. close to my eligibility for WCATT.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:07 am

csr, as i said, it's up to you. there is a saying, what's better: a pigeon in your hand (LTR for 500e) or an eagle in the sky (WCATT some time in the future)?

csr

Post by csr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am

after taking LTR (by paying those 500 bucks), how long it is valid?
I mean, if I have a valid visa already,
Can I go to GNIB whenever I want to go for stamp?
or
I have to go to GNIB for stamping immidiately after receiving the LTR approval letter.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 pm

hi guys my gnib will expire next week. and at same time im waiting for approval for my ltr.

if i renew gnib i have to pay 150. then if my ltr arrives i have to pay 500 then 150 again. just want to save my 150 euros i am thinking to just wait for decision of my ltr.

applied jan 2008 for ltr received letter they processing my application a month ago.
changed address and 2 weeks ago they wrote me letter confirming new address and said appication in process they will revert to me for a decision.
any suggestions/comments would be appriciated.

thanks.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:03 pm

csr, when granted LTR (paid 500e) you get stamp 4 for 5 years (paid 150e to GNIB). when 5 years are finished, you get a renewal 5 years again (probably paid 150e to GNIB again). your 5 years on stamp 4 start from the date of the letter. if you wait a year before going in for your stamp, you will get 4 years only. lets say, your letter is dated 01/10/2009, you get 5 years till 01/10/2014 no matter when you go to get your stamp in your passport. even if you go in 2010, it will still be till 01/10/2014.

smalltime, LTR section have a rule not to grant LTR to anyone whose permission is expired. I am not sure if they have any grace period like a week, or a month. if they notice that your permission is expired before issuing the decision, they will request to submit proof that you have renewed your permision before sending you the decision. i heard that if you do not renew your permission with GNIB in 3 months time, your record is locked and cannot be unlocked without the letter from dep of justice. i would advise you to contact LTR section helpline and enquire if it is ok for you to stay without the renewal until their decision is coming through. don't forget there is always a small chance of being refused LTR due to criminal record or something in those lines....
if they are processing your application a month now, it can take another 1-2months for the decision. in some cases it can even take longer... just to keep that in mind.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:09 pm

yeah ill probably renew it just in case. 150 euros for irish economy. every little helps.

thanks for the reply

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:12 pm

smalltime at least you will have a peace of mind for those 150e. i just hope you dont get your approval the next day after your renewal... you know what i mean...

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:16 pm

smalltime

will you please tell me wht date you appied in jan 2008 coz i applied 25th jan as well and no news from them yet and did they ask you any extra documents

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 am

i applied 2nd week of january 2008, after a letter informing me that i have to pay 500 euros for ltr, another letter arrived after few days telling me my application is in process but didnt ask me anymore additional docs.
but when i applied, man i included everything already and everytime i change address, i include new gnib stamps and payslips , police clearance.

i called them and they confirmed my application is in process and papers should be in order if no additional docs requested immigration officer said on the phone.

did you get letter you application is in process? if not sometimes you just receive approval letter same as other people i know.

good luck

and i hope i would not get it after i renew my gnib next week. 150 euros is still a lot of groceries hehehe

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 pm

smalltime Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i applied 2nd week of january 2008, after a letter informing me that i have to pay 500 euros for ltr, another letter arrived after few days telling me my application is in process but didnt ask me anymore additional docs.
but when i applied, man i included everything already and everytime i change address, i include new gnib stamps and payslips , police clearance.

i called them and they confirmed my application is in process and papers should be in order if no additional docs requested immigration officer said on the phone.

did you get letter you application is in process? if not sometimes you just receive approval letter same as other people i know.

good luck

i was the same i kept them updated with all documents but i recieved only one letter about 500 euros,when i called them last one month back they said we have asked for garda and outside agency check which can take upto 1 to 4 months so u will hear from us soon.so fingers crossed i already paid 150 for greencard and 100 for re-entry
so 250 gone from grocery hehe

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 pm

aswadref

mate, you should have waited for your ltr before applying for visa - if youre not going anywhere outside ireland, because for 100 euros you will get 5 years multi visa if you applied with your ltr. anyway you have multi visa already next time you will get 4 years. good luck!

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:24 am

smalltime Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 pm Post subject:

aswadref

mate, you should have waited for your ltr before applying for visa - if youre not going anywhere outside ireland, because for 100 euros you will get 5 years multi visa if you applied with your ltr. anyway you have multi visa already next time you will get 4 years. good luck

ya you are right but i am going on holidays in two weeks time and my visa was supposed to expire in middle of my holidays so said will get it stamped..the officer stamped according to new rule stamp4 for one year.so more or less the same thing only four years stamp less and cant do buissiness

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:22 pm

aswadref

just be careful when going holidays, if your approval arrives and you are not here and you need to pay 500 euros within 28 days or you will have to apply again. start from beginning.

DingDong

Documenation for LTR for Working Visa holders

Post by DingDong » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 pm

hi Guys,

I am new to this forum ,can any one please guide me , as i am on a WORKING VISA (ICT Professional) and my 60 months will be up at the end of this year.
Can anyone tell me do i have to send my P60's as well with the LTR application , as for work permitt holder's they have to send the copies of there permitts, so anyone who was on working visa and applied for LTR, any chance can you please share your experience with me.

Thanks everyone in advance
Hamza

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 pm

HamzaCork, to apply for long term res you have to submit a copy of your GNIB card, copy of all your passport since your arrival and copy of your work permits or copy of the sticker of your working visa/authorisation. no need for P60. make sure you don't count any gaps in between your stamps and don't count the same time twice.