ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sarank77
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Sarank77 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi,

I made the JCAP application on 16/03/2016 and received Biometric request letter on 05/05/2016. As per the letter, I missed the 15 days biometric time line, and they mentioned that this time they are going to give 10 days. But , I didn't receive any letter till 05/05/2016. Is any one experienced the same, i.e. missing Biometric letter. Also, I received two letters for same biometric request on 05/05/2016 and both are dated on 03/05/2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Sarank77 wrote:Hi,

I made the JCAP application on 16/03/2016 and received Biometric request letter on 05/05/2016. As per the letter, I missed the 15 days biometric time line, and they mentioned that this time they are going to give 10 days. But , I didn't receive any letter till 05/05/2016. Is any one experienced the same, i.e. missing Biometric letter. Also, I received two letters for same biometric request on 05/05/2016 and both are dated on 03/05/2016.
Make sure you enroll now within the 10 days. Many people 'miss' the first letter. No effect on your application, unless you do follow the second letter and enroll.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sarank77
Newly Registered

Post by Sarank77 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.. But, is it ok to ignore the second letter or should I check with Post office whether the biometric is required again. Because, both the letters are dated on same day.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Sarank77 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.. But, is it ok to ignore the second letter or should I check with Post office whether the biometric is required again. Because, both the letters are dated on same day.
Just take the second letter, it makes no difference. You only enroll biometrics once. Don't know if the barcodes are slightly different or not on the letters so probably best to take the second one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashm
Newly Registered

Post by ashm » Mon May 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi

Was wondering if the process has changed at all.

Did a joint Nat + PP application sometime back but the fees hasnt been taken -Neither biometrics have been asked.

Its beyond the usual 2 weeks now

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:00 pm

ashm wrote:Hi

Did a joint Nat + PP application sometime back but the fees hasnt been taken -Neither biometrics have been asked.

Applied 31st of March
Money gone 22nd Apr (23 days)
Biomatric received on 05th May(35 days)
So it is taking more than more than what you think

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 am

ashm wrote:Hi

You're lucky if payments during 'quiet' periods are taken in 2 weeks! It seems to be more like 5-6 weeks at the moment.

Sarank77
Newly Registered

Post by Sarank77 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi,

Applied on - 16/03/2016
1st Biometric request on 05/03/2016(Dated 03/MAy)
Biometric done on - 06/May/2016
2nd Biometric request on 07/03/2016(Dated 03/MAy)
Went to the Post office with both the letters and asked, whether the biometric is required or not. But they are not sure, So I proceeded with Second Biometric on 10/May/2016...

Is it fine to give multiple biometrics and did any one encountered the same?.

Thanks,

Kissenger65
Newly Registered

Post by Kissenger65 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi i am EEA national,i have PR card but my PR card i send to home office with my wife PR application form,now i have photo copy only ,please let me know can i apply Naturalisation application without PRcard,thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Kissenger65 wrote:Hi i am EEA national,i have PR card but my PR card i send to home office with my wife PR application form,now i have photo copy only ,please let me know can i apply Naturalisation application without PRcard,thanks
You will need the original as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Wed May 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR through Tier 1 general a year ago. I have never been self-employed and all my earnings etc. came from my main employments for all my tier 1 applications. I was also registered as a director of a company for a very short while. I never withdrew any salary or dividends from that company and resigned after hardly four months. As I didn't have any income from that company, I didn't declare it for any of my Tier 1 applications. Nonetheless my income from the main employment have always been more than the required level for Tier 1 general. I also had another job during those four months anyway. My question is, do I need to mention this as part of my 10 year employment history though it was just for 4 months and I didn't draw any salary or dividends therefore it’s not listed as employment under my HMRC records. If I don’t mention it, could it cause any issues for my naturalisation application ?

Please advise.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed May 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation on 08/02/16 through NCS. I have been on 10yr LR + 1yr ILR. On 07/05/16 I received letter from HO requesting ALL my 3 original passports( I have 2 expired and 1 current one) and my original UK degree.

Any idea why they will need this? and has anybody else has been asked for the same ?

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Fri May 13, 2016 10:33 am

Saeedrehman wrote:Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation on 08/02/16 through NCS. I have been on 10yr LR + 1yr ILR. On 07/05/16 I received letter from HO requesting ALL my 3 original passports( I have 2 expired and 1 current one) and my original UK degree.

Any idea why they will need this? and has anybody else has been asked for the same ?
It’s a pure guess but the reason may be that the NCS worker perhaps didn't properly make a copy of your entry and exit stamps or degree transcript and the HO Case worker wants to ensure that what you have stated as your in-out dates match your passports and that you meet the English requirement through your degree.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Fri May 13, 2016 10:44 am

I think i read it somewhere that the Home Office can request original documents at any point - regardless of whether you use NCS or post yourself. Nothing to worry if the information you provided is accurate and truthful.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Fri May 13, 2016 12:03 pm

imnewhere wrote:I think i read it somewhere that the Home Office can request original documents at any point - regardless of whether you use NCS or post yourself. Nothing to worry if the information you provided is accurate and truthful.
Found the information about requesting documents despite using NCS.
'If you are concerned about submitting your
original documents then you may wish to consider using the Nationality Checking Service
described on page 3 of the Guide. We reserve the right to call for documents to satisfy ourselves
as to their authenticity. Providing forged or fraudulent documents may result in prosecution
leading to fines, imprisonment and deportation'

AN Form page 29.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Sat May 14, 2016 8:57 am

Thank you for your replies. I am pleased to say that I have received my approval this morning (14/05/16)

longhorn wrote:
Saeedrehman wrote:Hi,

It’s a pure guess but the reason may be that the NCS worker perhaps didn't properly make a copy of your entry and exit stamps or degree transcript and the HO Case worker wants to ensure that what you have stated as your in-out dates match your passports and that you meet the English requirement through your degree.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Sat May 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Do people think the AN form is intentionally vague and misleading so as to catch people out or its simply badly designed as it is a form used for multiple routes to citizenship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 pm

kankerot wrote:Do people think the AN form is intentionally vague and misleading so as to catch people out or its simply badly designed as it is a form used for multiple routes to citizenship?
This one, which is why the guidance notes and booklet exist to explain the various things/situations.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 pm

With this Joint application Pilot Scheme, After naturalisation will we have to attend interview for the Passport application or not??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:50 pm

imi99999 wrote:With this Joint application Pilot Scheme, After naturalisation will we have to attend interview for the Passport application or not??
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hanzonita
Newly Registered

Post by hanzonita » Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I am applying for the citizenship next month and i cannot find my expired passport anywhere! Should I let the police now before applying? What do you recommend? I will do my application with NCS.

Thank you!

ahmad1234
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad1234 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Hello,
I have a passport interview next week, but I need to travel urgently. WIll I need to wait to recieve the british passport before travelling? I do not need a visa to leave and enter UK with my other passport. Please let me know if this is OK.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:42 pm

ahmad1234 wrote:Hello,
I have a passport interview next week, but I need to travel urgently. WIll I need to wait to recieve the british passport before travelling? I do not need a visa to leave and enter UK with my other passport. Please let me know if this is OK.

Thank you!
Passport usually arrives within a couple of days from when you have your interview.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ahmad1234
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad1234 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Yes but I am traveling a few hours after the actual interview for 3 days..will I be able to travel and return with other passport? Also, can someone staying at my flat sign for the new passport if it arrives whilst im away?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:42 pm

ahmad1234 wrote:Yes but I am traveling a few hours after the actual interview for 3 days..will I be able to travel and return with other passport? Also, can someone staying at my flat sign for the new passport if it arrives whilst im away?
What is your 'other' nationality?

Passports are usually just popped into the mail box slot.
Char (CR001 not Casa)