ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erica123
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by erica123 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi.
Can someone help me with the query below ??
Thanks , Erica

erica123 wrote:Hi All.

I got my approval letter on Friday on post .
Applied - November ,2015
1/2nd Stage -December ,2015
Approval - Friday

However the issue is that I am travelling for work right since last week now and back only in end of July . the letter which my wife received says that GNIB, fee etc has to be submitted. Although dates have not been mentioned in the letter I believe this should be done ASAP so as to qualify for the citizenship ceremony numbers .

Could someone advise me what can be done in this case or whom should I ask in the citizensip section

regards, Erica

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:35 pm

GlobalTrail30 wrote:Hello,

I am happy to say I have received my citizenship approval letter this morning. I have been following these boards for the past 7 months or so. I would like to mention KingdomMan and Pixi12 and Niniola, your posts and comments have been very helpful and encouraging.

My timeline was:

Submitted Application: 15 Nov 15
Acknowledgement Letter:30 Nov 15
Approval Letter: 23 June 16

I wish and pray for everyone else waiting. Its a very tense and anxious time while you wait, but i am sure if you followed the rules and your application is correct then you will get the approval.

All the best
Congrats to u as well!!! Everything is worth it in the end. All the anxieties, worries, doubts and stress. Lol. I could'nt be happier right now. Its a great priviledge for all of us... thanks again for being a great help to u(eventhough i just saw ur name today) :D

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:40 pm

erica123 wrote:Hi.
Can someone help me with the query below ??
Thanks , Erica

erica123 wrote:Hi All.

I got my approval letter on Friday on post .
Applied - November ,2015
1/2nd Stage -December ,2015
Approval - Friday

However the issue is that I am travelling for work right since last week now and back only in end of July . the letter which my wife received says that GNIB, fee etc has to be submitted. Although dates have not been mentioned in the letter I believe this should be done ASAP so as to qualify for the citizenship ceremony numbers .

Could someone advise me what can be done in this case or whom should I ask in the citizensip section

regards, Erica
As what i have read here before. U can present the letter of your approval at the border as they already know thay your Gnib card needs to be submitted to the inis. So it wouldnt be a problem. Photocopy your gnib as well just in case. But better asked the immigration for advice. U can call them tuesdays and thursdays.
If u can backread the previous posts you will see people who has been travelling in and out Ireland with their passport and approval letter. Kingdomman might have more accurate advice also.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:00 pm

As what i have read here before. U can present the letter of your approval at the border as they already know thay your Gnib card needs to be submitted to the inis. So it wouldnt be a problem
immigration on the Irish border is not a problem, it's some curtain airline which can refuse boarding.
Theoretically a re-entry visa should be enough, but from my experience in a big airports like Frankfurt preboarding check by Lufthansa can be very intrusive, some of their staff do know about GNIB cards.

On the other hand, boarding can be flawless, so it all depends on the Moon phase and your luck.

Zini
Newly Registered

Post by Zini » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Update on my application , not sure if I would make September now
Hi,

Your application is at an advanced stage & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision in due course. If everything was submitted then you
could be invited to the ceremony on the 19th September.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

LuckyL
Newly Registered

Post by LuckyL » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi all!
Congratulations to everyone getting the approval letter recently.
I have got mine in the post today as well !!! :D :D :D Great news.

In the letter it says to send back 950e fee + photographs + original GNIB card.... but as I am the EU citizen I never needed and don't have the GNIB card. I understand that this is not applicable and the letter is kind of standard form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

xbox
Newly Registered

Post by xbox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Received citizenship approval letter today.

Time line is
Application based on 5 years residence.

Applied on last week of September 2015
First stage letter 9.10.2015
Second stage letter 29.10.2015
Approval letter 27.06.2016

Best of luck for all waiting for approval.

Emjc
Newly Registered

Post by Emjc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Some advice please!

My mother was born in 1943 and is entitled to register on the foreign births register through her grandmother who was born in Ireland.

What date will her registration be valid from, I am slightly confused by the 7th July 1956 date? Will she appear on the register as if from 1956, and if so would this mean that I could then register!

Thankyou!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:51 pm

LuckyL wrote:Hi all!
Congratulations to everyone getting the approval letter recently.
I have got mine in the post today as well !!! :D :D :D Great news.

In the letter it says to send back 950e fee + photographs + original GNIB card.... but as I am the EU citizen I never needed and don't have the GNIB card. I understand that this is not applicable and the letter is kind of standard form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Just send your passport size photos and the fee. Congrats!

p0nc1k
Newly Registered

Post by p0nc1k » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Received my approval by post today, too!!

Application date: 01/12/2015
Acknowledgment + 2nd stage letter: 10/12/2015
Approval letter: 06/24/2016

Congratulations on everyone who received their approvals and best of luck on those waiting on them.

I have a re-entry visa appointment on July 5th and trips booked in Germany and Italy to attend 2 of my best friends ' weddings (august & september) . I am planning to get my re-entry visa before sending my GNIB card. I know it says that we should not travel until the ceremony but I have my trips booked already, what are the chances that it creates a problem?

Thanks!

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 am

Hi @kingdomab as I knw u applied on the basis of Irish association and you also record ur approval letter not long before the ceremony. Can u please give me ur time line? And what stages did ur application go through?
My application has been in the processing stage since December 15. Thanks in advance.
Congrats to all who received thr approval.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 am

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guy's. I applied my application last year July and for some reason was delayed and now they asked me for my up to date GNIB which i applied last years oct to EUtreaty but they gave me in feb for 3 months stamp4 and asked for few documents which i sent them the same time but still now i dont have visa ( was expired in end of April ). I sent to the Inis the correspondence letter from eutreaty which i received in feb for 3months visa. As i know they(inis)will be keep waiting for my Gnib upto date copy but now question is guy's how i can send them if eutreaty is keep telling me that we busy nd backlog applications.
Now any friend got letter approval from EU? Or is here anyonr waiting for euapplication to be approved?
Feeling like Eu wants only me to wait for approval or is anyone else in same situation?
Hope i explained it okay guys. ...
Thanks in advance
Hi dhruv87,

We are in same boat, I am also waiting for my EU Treaty Right Approval since september 2015. It's really frustrating situation, I could not go on holidays with my kids, just stuck in Ireland.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:28 am

llvlludi wrote:
dhruv87 wrote:Hello guy's. I applied my application last year July and for some reason was delayed and now they asked me for my up to date GNIB which i applied last years oct to EUtreaty but they gave me in feb for 3 months stamp4 and asked for few documents which i sent them the same time but still now i dont have visa ( was expired in end of April ). I sent to the Inis the correspondence letter from eutreaty which i received in feb for 3months visa. As i know they(inis)will be keep waiting for my Gnib upto date copy but now question is guy's how i can send them if eutreaty is keep telling me that we busy nd backlog applications.
Now any friend got letter approval from EU? Or is here anyonr waiting for euapplication to be approved?
Feeling like Eu wants only me to wait for approval or is anyone else in same situation?
Thanks in advance
Hi dhruv87,

We are in same boat, I am also waiting for my EU Treaty Right Approval since september 2015. It's really frustrating situation, I could not go on holidays with my kids, just stuck in Ireland.
Thanks frnd for reply..yea me2 so frustrated and same can't go for holidays hopefully we will be hear soon any good news from eu hopefully and best wishes for all frnds who is waiting for approval

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

dhruv87 wrote:
llvlludi wrote:
Thanks in advance
Hi dhruv87,

Thanks frnd for reply..yea me2 so frustrated and same can't go for holidays hopefully we will be hear soon any good news from eu hopefully and best wishes for all frnds who is waiting for approval

Hi Mate,

i seen you applied for EU3 aswell sometime last year and have not recieved your PR Card yet, can you please tell me the what documents you submited and why you think that they are delaying the decision, and did your spouse exercised treaty rights for complete 5 years or was there any gap?

would appreciate your reply.

regards
I am because we are.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:25 am

No letter yet. I hope it will come today. Yesterday morning I sent them an email (yes I know I should wait!!!) but for first time they didn't answer. I should relax and wait, hopefully it will be over this week

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 am

I JUST GOT MY LETTER. Sorry for the caps, but I mean it. I am so so happy :-)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 am

jumanufer wrote:I JUST GOT MY LETTER. Sorry for the caps, but I mean it. I am so so happy :-)
Congrats jumanufer!!! Long wait is finally over!

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:51 am

jumanufer wrote:No letter yet. I hope it will come today. Yesterday morning I sent them an email (yes I know I should wait!!!) but for first time they didn't answer. I should relax and wait, hopefully it will be over this week
Congratulations I had same issue I sent email to them yesterdayn today no reply no phone answer

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Thak you all guys. Here is my timeline in case is useful for other applicants.
I applied as EU citizen, living in Ireland for 14 years
Application sent on January 27th, received on the 28th
Second stage letter sent on February 11th (15 days since applied)
I asked on March 23rd of the status and they confirmed advance stage.
Approval letter was issued yesterday June 27th and received today on 28th (153 days since applied)

Tomorrow I will send the bank draft etc.

One note, I am Italian citizen on top of my birth nationality (Argentina). In the letter they are asking for my GNIB card which of course I do not have, but I think the letter is the formal one, so will send a letter supporting bank draft and photographs and advising about the card, just in case.

All seems to be in order and should be fine for the oath on September 19th :-)

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Rayyan1986 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:No letter yet. I hope it will come today. Yesterday morning I sent them an email (yes I know I should wait!!!) but for first time they didn't answer. I should relax and wait, hopefully it will be over this week
Congratulations I had same issue I sent email to them yesterdayn today no reply no phone answer

Thanks, most likely they are very busy issuing the letter, but I do understand your point. Try not to think about this, because surely you will get it this week!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 pm

jumanufer wrote:I JUST GOT MY LETTER. Sorry for the caps, but I mean it. I am so so happy :-)

jumanufer I was tired to see your name on this forum , so i prayed this that you should get it at once :mrgreen: Congratulation

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:27 pm

@Rayyan: I think they are currently busy with paper work, I also sent them an email still NO reply .I also rang NO answer

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm

dublin7777 wrote:@Rayyan: I think they are currently busy with paper work, I also sent them an email still NO reply .I also rang NO answer
Yup very strange I applied 4 dec 2015 in january they sent the declaration form back filled n sent back on 12 January got 2nd stage latter I was never convicted till last month I got repky says your application continue to be processed will in touch once decision reached so frustrating

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:40 pm

You could Still make it . It doesn't matter what they email you back .

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Do we need to write the application number in the back of the bank draft? It doesn't say anything