ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marishka
Newly Registered

Re: thanks Marishka but...

Post by Marishka » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:32 pm

I don't think IGS forces you to work in the UK.

As long as your earnings are documented properly in your country and get you enough points, it should be fine. I don't see any contradictions... But you can always call the TIER1 helpline, which may be a good idea.. They were very helpful when I had some questions on my application.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi All,
Come with real good news of mine...Got approvd...
Applied on 22apr2008
Decision : Approved
Received :june 3
Points claimed :85
Awarded:85
Thanks and wish you all get the documents back with happy approval...
Cheers,
Shivaa

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Decision made for me and my dependents on may 29th.
received on 3 rd june...

kmore97

Volume increased - Approval taking longer

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:13 pm

I have been following the approval dates for last one month or so. For approvals that came about 2 weeks back, a big percentage of approvals were winthin 1 month and then the rest (except select few) were taking 1 month and 1 week. But these days, it looks like the minimum time for approval is 1 month and 1 week and the big chunk are getting approved within 1 month and 2 weeks. Given the volume of applications increasing day by day, we may see the minimum time for approval is shooting upto 1 month 2 weeks pretty soon and then majority of of approvals comming in 1 month and 3 weeks.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm

shivaa wrote:Hi All,
Come with real good news of mine...Got approvd...
Applied on 22apr2008
Decision : Approved
Received :june 3
Points claimed :85
Awarded:85
Thanks and wish you all get the documents back with happy approval...
Cheers,
Shivaa
Congrats! You must be feel so relieved now! :D :D :D

chakde23

PARTY !!

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:27 pm

Congrats !!
shivaa wrote:Decision made for me and my dependents on may 29th.
received on 3 rd june...

Marishka
Newly Registered

Re: thanks Marishka but...

Post by Marishka » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:21 pm

notty, by the way I have just found some information on IGS or SEGS arrangements. These two schemes will be deleted this summer (but not before 30 June 08), so one would have to swich to TIER1 anyway..

Here is the link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... encegrads/

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:29 pm

sadly i have not got them today...this is sooooo frustrating. Its the 10th wk for me now tho' i really am not sure i will get it this week!

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Dinesh & Hussain,
I applied on 1st May. I'm waiting for the approvals of others who applied before me like fergronon, Anil, jessica, Beever ....Headley.

Currently, Ho taking minimum of 1 month and one week. So I don't see any hope for me before next week. May be end of this week if very lucky.

After seeing responses of Customer support to other people I don't feel like calling them.

Regards,
Dinesh_2008 wrote:fergronin, Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley, rajivferroin, Mannu, Kmore97

any updates? please share.

best of luck....

-Dinesh

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:51 pm

No point calling HO.. It is like a call center and nothing more... They dont have anything in their hands.. Their system never shows correct status of application... Better they should ask Tier1/HSMP Community and we can build them a nice system free of charge which they can be used easily and which will work well..

Dont understand that if they treat Tier1/HSMP applicants Highly Skilled which means Highly Paid, cant they think that Highly Skilled people might have committments accordingly...Probabilities of Highly skilled guys travelling will be too high compared to other categories. Does it makes any sense to lock passports for so many weeks? But who cares.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Guyz,

I had called HO today. He told me that HO has raised the time period of 28 days to 50 days. Since I had called him he said he will consider my call now but said that my application is yet to be allocated to a CW. When asked when it will be allocated he said that my application date in their system is 13th May (i had received the reference number on 29th April) and I should call them 50 days after that date (13th May)!!!

I dont believe what he said and hope the application is under processing. I already have got a job offer and the client is waiting eagerly for my Tier 1 approval :( .

Waiting to hear some good news in this week.

Congrats to all who received their documents after a long wait...

Cheerz,
Cooldepps.
kmore97 wrote:Dinesh & Hussain,
I applied on 1st May. I'm waiting for the approvals of others who applied before me like fergronon, Anil, jessica, Beever ....Headley.

Currently, Ho taking minimum of 1 month and one week. So I don't see any hope for me before next week. May be end of this week if very lucky.

After seeing responses of Customer support to other people I don't feel like calling them.

Regards,
Dinesh_2008 wrote:fergronin, Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley, rajivferroin, Mannu, Kmore97

best of luck....

-Dinesh

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Cooldepps,
I wish you'll get ur docs back soon. But it may make some sense to write to home office giving the reference of your discussion with customer service, a copy of your reference letter and request them to correct your application date in their system. They may put you with CW immediately if they haven't done so. Don't leave it to any chance.
I don't know if they will consider it or not - but you don't lose anything by doing so.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi kmore97,

Thanks for the info. But the main problem is whether I should belive the guy about my date and about my application not yet allocated to CW.
I think I will wait till this weekend and see how it progresses and then call again on Monday to know the status. I will ask them to check whether the date mentioned by the guy is indeed correct and then I will do as you said.
wat say??

Cheerz,
cooldepps
kmore97 wrote:Cooldepps,
I wish you'll get ur docs back soon. But it may make some sense to write to home office giving the reference of your discussion with customer service, a copy of your reference letter and request them to correct your application date in their system. They may put you with CW immediately if they haven't done so. Don't leave it to any chance.
I don't know if they will consider it or not - but you don't lose anything by doing so.

junior

Post by junior » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm

hi cooldepps,

One more sincere advise, kindly don't leave anything to chance as it is the matter of your career.

you can surely get the ball rolling faster for your case.

please read the text excerpt from the BIA site:

What if my application needs urgent treatment?
Requests for urgent treatment will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, this will not normally include circumstances where, for example, the employee has made travel plans or a start date for the employment has been agreed in advance of a decision being made.

Please be aware that the customer contact centre is currently experiencing very high call demand and therefore you may experience difficulties in contacting us. Please may we apologise for this and for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Reference URL: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Hope this helps.

Junior
cooldepps wrote:Hi Guyz,

I had called HO today. He told me that HO has raised the time period of 28 days to 50 days. Since I had called him he said he will consider my call now but said that my application is yet to be allocated to a CW. When asked when it will be allocated he said that my application date in their system is 13th May (i had received the reference number on 29th April) and I should call them 50 days after that date (13th May)!!!

I dont believe what he said and hope the application is under processing. I already have got a job offer and the client is waiting eagerly for my Tier 1 approval :( .

Waiting to hear some good news in this week.

Congrats to all who received their documents after a long wait...

Cheerz,
Cooldepps.
kmore97 wrote:Dinesh & Hussain,

Regards,

best of luck....

-Dinesh

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I saw ur entry in the list maintained by Shiva. You mentioned, ur ref date as 29th apr. What about payment - when was it clear?
I know one of friends (not tier -1 case), who got a ref number from HO and a few days letter his application was returned saying his payment (thru debit card) didn't go thru.

cooldepps wrote:Hi kmore97,

Thanks for the info. But the main problem is whether I should belive the guy about my date and about my application not yet allocated to CW.
I think I will wait till this weekend and see how it progresses and then call again on Monday to know the status. I will ask them to check whether the date mentioned by the guy is indeed correct and then I will do as you said.
wat say??

Cheerz,
cooldepps
kmore97 wrote:Cooldepps,

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Junior,

Thanks for your advice.
I will definitely think of it. Currently keeping my fingers crossed :(
Hope it wont delay more than 2 weeks more or otherwise will have crooked fingers :)
Last edited by cooldepps on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi kmore97,

I have applied through a consultant and she said the application has been made and everything is fine. So hope that even the payment must be done. It is more than 1 month now for the application so dont think so it might be the case as mentioned by you.
Thanks for the info but.

Cheerz,
cooldepps.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

cooldepps,
I didn't mean ur payment didn't go thru.
I meant there might have been a delay in clearing ur payment - may be the consultant paid by cheque or for gateway issues - the card didn't get cleared on first instance .. blah, blah.

For delay in clearing ur payment, ur application date in the system might have been recorded as 13th May instead of 29 apr. That is what my concern is.
cooldepps wrote:Hi kmore97,

I have applied through a consultant and she said the application has been made and everything is fine. So hope that even the payment must be done. It is more than 1 month now for the application so dont think so it might be the case as mentioned by you.
Thanks for the info but.

Cheerz,
cooldepps.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:52 pm

Aha...got your point. I think I will confirm the date with my consultant and update it over here...

Cheerz,
cooldepps.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Kmore97

Just confirmed the payment date. My consultant received a receipt of my payment from HO dated 2nd May. :)

Cheerz,
cooldepps

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi Cooldepps,

I guess suggesting 50 days time period is now quite common as i too was told 50 days when i called last wednesday. We both have apparently applied on same date 29th april . I was too dejected when i heard 50 days & particularly when he told me its still not assigned to a caseworker ........but to my surprise i got a phone call from home office yesterday early morning by caseworker asking for page 34 to be signed and sent back to him by email . He told he has started to work on my case yesterday - which was good to hear !

I am sure your case also will be taken this week , just hang on and try calling them on friday or monday - i am sure you should hear positive update

quote="cooldepps"]Hi Kmore97

Just confirmed the payment date. My consultant received a receipt of my payment from HO dated 2nd May. :)

Cheerz,
cooldepps[/quote]

notty

Re: thanks Marishka...one more thing.....

Post by notty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:14 pm

u r very helpfull thanks any way,
could u plz give that helpline number it'll b helpfull again..
and do u have any idea about UK income,
actually....

i am on student visa since 2007, i was working in a marketing company as a part timer for 19 hrs p/w from aug2007 to april2008 n i earned 16000GBP aprox. in that period, can i show that as my previous earnings, and does it fulfill the requirements if yes than how many points i would get against this. and would they count this earning as a whole year earning or for 8 months (i dnt knw exactly about pro-rota) and would they give me any relaxation in points as a part time worker or not??
Marishka wrote:I don't think IGS forces you to work in the UK.

As long as your earnings are documented properly in your country and get you enough points, it should be fine. I don't see any contradictions... But you can always call the TIER1 helpline, which may be a good idea.. They were very helpful when I had some questions on my application.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi chakde23,

Yeah I will wait till Friday and call them back if I dont hear anything from them till then. Best of luck to you too.

Cheerz,
cooldepps

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Chakde,
given that a CW started working on ur application just frm yesterday, it may take upto end of next week for u to receive ur docs back after stamping. That's like 1 month and 2 weeks and soon it may be 7-8 weeks to complete a straight forward case. It's really to long a period to hold the passport by HO.

chakde23 wrote:Hi Cooldepps,

I guess suggesting 50 days time period is now quite common as i too was told 50 days when i called last wednesday. We both have apparently applied on same date 29th april . I was too dejected when i heard 50 days & particularly when he told me its still not assigned to a caseworker ........but to my surprise i got a phone call from home office yesterday early morning by caseworker asking for page 34 to be signed and sent back to him by email . He told he has started to work on my case yesterday - which was good to hear !

I am sure your case also will be taken this week , just hang on and try calling them on friday or monday - i am sure you should hear positive update

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:18 pm

did you tick section AA1 ( public funds ) ? i missed it since it was at bottom of page 34 ( not for WP to tier 1 )

cooldepps wrote:Hi chakde23,

Yeah I will wait till Friday and call them back if I dont hear anything from them till then. Best of luck to you too.

Cheerz,
cooldepps