ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 am

m1234 wrote:
pazpatel wrote:
m1234 wrote:Hi

We have applied for our settlement visa on 20th March and have not heard anything yet either.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the response you get that your application has been processed is by text or by phone call?
Hi, have you heard anything yet m1234?

P
Nope nothing yet, have you heard anything yet?
Have you heard anything yet? I know someone who applied on 29th and got a status update this morning, you may have heard today, she also applied in mumbai
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 am

When did they apply? Is it on 29/03? Its great to hear that they got the response today.

m1234

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:22 pm

pazpatel wrote:
m1234 wrote:
pazpatel wrote:
m1234 wrote:Hi

We have applied for our settlement visa on 20th March and have not heard anything yet either.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the response you get that your application has been processed is by text or by phone call?
Hi, have you heard anything yet m1234?

P
Nope nothing yet, have you heard anything yet?
Have you heard anything yet? I know someone who applied on 29th and got a status update this morning, you may have heard today, she also applied in mumbai
Hi,

My husband got a call this morning, hes been asked to attend a interview on 19th June, does anyone know anyone who have recently been asked for a interiew or know of any pages on this?

Paz, Have you not had any luck yet?

Not sure whether to be pleased about it or not?

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

M1234 ...

Don't panic hopefully its just because there was not enough documents to prove a "genuine" and "committed" case of marriage - Did you give phone bills and include any times you met etc before marriage sometimes i know culture/religion does not allow this so there is not alot of evidence to prove you knew your partner before hand.

I found this link i hope it helps you : http://www.ukresident.com/content/artic ... stions-r55

Hopefully all will go okay!!!

m1234

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

zeezeezee wrote:M1234 ...

Don't panic hopefully its just because there was not enough documents to prove a "genuine" and "committed" case of marriage - Did you give phone bills and include any times you met etc before marriage sometimes i know culture/religion does not allow this so there is not alot of evidence to prove you knew your partner before hand.

I found this link i hope it helps you : http://www.ukresident.com/content/artic ... stions-r55

Hopefully all will go okay!!!
Thank u, the thing is my husband has immigration which is what i think they have called him for a interview for, as they do not want to interview me.

Do you think i should go India to be with my husband at the time of the interview or is it ok if i don't go as im not allowed inside the interview anyway,

As i have exams 3 days before interview and even if i did go, it would only be for less than a week due to work commitments.

And i am hoping to get good news and go a few weeks later and he can come back with me, so didnt want to spend all this money going and then go back in 2 weeks time.

Really confused lol.....

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

m1234 wrote: Thank u, the thing is my husband has immigration which is what i think they have called him for a interview for, as they do not want to interview me.
I am a bit confused here what do you mean by him having an immigration?
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

m1234

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm

wAliMeer wrote:
m1234 wrote: Thank u, the thing is my husband has immigration which is what i think they have called him for a interview for, as they do not want to interview me.
Sorry that was a typo there, i meant he has a immigration history because he has previously overstayed his visa

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi Angie, please check your private message :)

angie36 wrote:Hi all,
my husband did the University of Cambridge ESOL examination,
All we submitted was the original certificate, we didnt think they would need to see the test results, as the certificate had the A1 level written on it.
I have just spoke to someone in appeals, and they have said they give the officer who denied the application up 19weeks to decide if they want to over turn the decision or not.

As the visa only got refused on this one thing, is that all i need to submit as extra evidence??..

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm

m1234 wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:
Sorry that was a typo there, i meant he has a immigration history because he has previously overstayed his visa
Oh i see, sorry about that, I hope it all goes well for him, where is he gonna go to, i mean which office.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

m1234

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 pm

wAliMeer wrote:
m1234 wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:
Oh i see, sorry about that, I hope it all goes well for him, where is he gonna go to, i mean which office.
Mumbai

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am

Hi m1234

You do not need to go to India to be with you hubby during the interview process, although it may help to prove that you both are genuine and have a committed relationship rather then a contract marriage to allow your hubby to get into the UK again.

To prove that the relationship is genuine I would suggest that your husband should get ready for the interview with all the little stories about your relationship and a very good knowledge on your family history. Also make sure that he has good answers for his overstay as well.

Just be positive and take any further evidence which you may not have submitted to prove the relationship.

Best of luck
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:14 pm

any news Paz?
pazpatel wrote:
m1234 wrote:
zeezeezee wrote:@ Paz - oh my-what an extremely long wait, must be hard what did they say to your wife when she called?! Is tomorrow the 60th working day I hope they are working on your application right now !!!
Must be difficult waiting so long!
:(
I know it's awful, im panicking and i applied on 20th March, i can't imagine how you would feel if you'd gone over the 60 days, What did they say when you rang?

I heard somewhere that the service agreement is upto 24 weeks!?! Is that correct?
They just said it can take different length of time for different people, but our files is under process that it it. The guy who answers the phone probably just see's what we see on line. I have tried emailing BHC and VFS this morning so lets see what they say.

I also contact my MP this morning again too.

m1234

Post by m1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm

harv wrote:Hi m1234

You do not need to go to India to be with you hubby during the interview process, although it may help to prove that you both are genuine and have a committed relationship rather then a contract marriage to allow your hubby to get into the UK again.

To prove that the relationship is genuine I would suggest that your husband should get ready for the interview with all the little stories about your relationship and a very good knowledge on your family history. Also make sure that he has good answers for his overstay as well.

Just be positive and take any further evidence which you may not have submitted to prove the relationship.

Best of luck
Hi Harv,

Many thanks for the advice, yeah i think we just need to get further evidence sorted and make sure he has his story straight.

It is a truly genuine relationship, but just can't help panicking under pressure.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

No news yet my side I am afriad...... Cant believe it... applied on 6th March and still nothing,a nd when my wife calls BHC they just say under process.... Do not understand why people who have applied after me (no offence to anyone) have already heard... Just doesnt make sense to me.

Hopefully we hear good news any day. Im just hoping that if it was a rejection I would have heard by now. But maybe just becuase we supplied more documents then needed or somthing that has caused the delay. Or they have misplaced some stuff or something.

M1234 - Personally I think this is really good news for you... An interview is what they should bring back for all applicants... Back in the day it was a interview and stamp immediatley or something like that, in fact last night I was watching BBC parliment (I know I am sad) but there was a topic on immigration, they are doing a trial for interviews again at the moment putting 50% of Tier 4 applicants trhough interview process when they apply. This is good, instead of looking a bunch of dicuments interviewing will be much better, someone can usually tell if someone is lying.... Dont you think.... Anyway back to the point the fact they have called him for an interview is good. He can go in there confident give his story and feeling for you etc and it should all be fine. As long as you are not hiding anything this is a really good situation, he just needs to go in confident remember to tell all teh truth etc. Also if you are not going to India what I would suggest is getting to him by courier or what ever some more documents of recent communication emails etc, so the stuff you have put in yoru application "TOP IT UP", so maybe your recent bank statements, emails, itemised billing, etc etc..... Get it to him and he can take that with him as it will back what he is saying, also maybe another statement from you saying why you are not there, the strain on life as apart etc.

What do you think??

ZeeZeeZee - Nothing yet my side, when and where did you apply again?

I have a up to date list of people who I have tracked on and off this forum in the months of Feb, March, April and May, if anyone wants a copy add me on FB or email me - paras000@hotmail.com

Fingers crossed for all of us...

And M1234 - Do not worry about a thing... As long as all is truth and honest this is a good thing and maybe with a bit of luck they stamp passport there and then and send him on his way...
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Srinibondugula wrote:When did they apply? Is it on 29/03? Its great to hear that they got the response today.
Have you heard anything yet Srinibondugula
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Husband applied from Hyderabad on the 12th April!

So do you just have to "wait" - has anyone responded to your e-mail?!!!!

We are hoping to hear within the month! Hehe Can't believe you created a list ! How were the applicants from Hyderabad looking please :)

pazpatel wrote:No news yet my side I am afriad...... Cant believe it... applied on 6th March and still nothing,a nd when my wife calls BHC they just say under process.... Do not understand why people who have applied after me (no offence to anyone) have already heard... Just doesnt make sense to me.

Hopefully we hear good news any day. Im just hoping that if it was a rejection I would have heard by now. But maybe just becuase we supplied more documents then needed or somthing that has caused the delay. Or they have misplaced some stuff or something.

M1234 - Personally I think this is really good news for you... An interview is what they should bring back for all applicants... Back in the day it was a interview and stamp immediatley or something like that, in fact last night I was watching BBC parliment (I know I am sad) but there was a topic on immigration, they are doing a trial for interviews again at the moment putting 50% of Tier 4 applicants trhough interview process when they apply. This is good, instead of looking a bunch of dicuments interviewing will be much better, someone can usually tell if someone is lying.... Dont you think.... Anyway back to the point the fact they have called him for an interview is good. He can go in there confident give his story and feeling for you etc and it should all be fine. As long as you are not hiding anything this is a really good situation, he just needs to go in confident remember to tell all teh truth etc. Also if you are not going to India what I would suggest is getting to him by courier or what ever some more documents of recent communication emails etc, so the stuff you have put in yoru application "TOP IT UP", so maybe your recent bank statements, emails, itemised billing, etc etc..... Get it to him and he can take that with him as it will back what he is saying, also maybe another statement from you saying why you are not there, the strain on life as apart etc.

What do you think??

ZeeZeeZee - Nothing yet my side, when and where did you apply again?

I have a up to date list of people who I have tracked on and off this forum in the months of Feb, March, April and May, if anyone wants a copy add me on FB or email me - paras000@hotmail.com

Fingers crossed for all of us...

And M1234 - Do not worry about a thing... As long as all is truth and honest this is a good thing and maybe with a bit of luck they stamp passport there and then and send him on his way...

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I got two for Hyd;
Applied 1st March, Granted 17th May
Applied 14th March, Granted 31 May

I also have someone who has applied on 27th March who has not heard yet

Well we not giving up, as gone over the 3 months I will keep calling every few days, but only problem is me and my wife get really upset when we call, they say nothing apart from under process.

No one has responded to me email either
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

I shouldn't expect mine so soon until i'm more near to 60 days!!-llooking at those statistics :|

I feel like even if it gets to 60 days no-one does anything there- why offer these standards - it does say 5% upto 120 days but you can still contact after 3 months has passed- why is there no reply from them!!!This is not a professional service!!

Could you put in a complaint or you think they will purposely get annoyed with your application and do something funny!! :S

Defo- don't give up! You've got this far it seems to be a long long wait for everyone must be our timing i know someone s whose hubby got here within 3 weeks in January.

pazpatel wrote:I got two for Hyd;

Well we not giving up, as gone over the 3 months I will keep calling every few days, but only problem is me and my wife get really upset when we call, they say nothing apart from under process.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 pm

zeezeezee wrote:I shouldn't expect mine so soon until i'm more near to 60 days!!-llooking at those statistics :|

I feel like even if it gets to 60 days no-one does anything there- why offer these standards - it does say 5% upto 120 days but you can still contact after 3 months has passed- why is there no reply from them!!!This is not a professional service!!

Could you put in a complaint or you think they will purposely get annoyed with your application and do something funny!! :S

Defo- don't give up! You've got this far it seems to be a long long wait for everyone must be our timing i know someone s whose hubby got here within 3 weeks in January.

Dont be dis heartened, looking at it recenlty many people are hearing so might be speeding up at the moment, I think you should about 45 workinf days personally

i want to complain and will complain but only once my wife has landed and through immigration. But will have a written complaint ready to go,...
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Rithi
Newly Registered

to apply settlment visa for my wife and kids

Post by Rithi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm

hi friends,
just few months before i got my ILR. iam planing to bring my wife and kids from india to uk. i have some questions about this,

1, do i need to apply entry clearance? or can i apply settlement?

2, if i can apply settlement visa means can you guide me right applications please

if any one knows about this please guide me step by step please

my mail id is c_sakthii@yahoo.com

thank you

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Hmm we shall see-yep wait until she is with you safely to turn into HULK and least it all out in complains- not sure if they will do anything or can say much after it's all done but hey!!

I'm sure yours will be here soon-stay patient & positive!

pazpatel wrote:
zeezeezee wrote:I shouldn't expect mine so soon until i'm more near to 60 days!!-llooking at those statistics :|

Dont be dis heartened, looking at it recenlty many people are hearing so might be speeding up at the moment, I think you should about 45 workinf days personally

i want to complain and will complain but only once my wife has landed and through immigration. But will have a written complaint ready to go,...
:D :D :D :D

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: to apply settlment visa for my wife and kids

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Rithi wrote:
hi friends,
just few months before i got my ILR. iam planing to bring my wife and kids from india to uk. i have some questions about this,

2, if i can apply settlement visa means can you guide me right applications please

thank you
You need to apply for settlement I believe.... It is a VAF4A Form you need
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Rithi
Newly Registered

Re: to apply settlment visa for my wife and kids

Post by Rithi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:00 pm

pazpatel wrote:
Rithi wrote:
hi friends,

thank you
You need to apply for settlement I believe.... It is a VAF4A Form you need

thank you for your kind reply

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:20 pm

No Paz, No news yet, It is still under process.

It's almost 70 days since i have applied (52nd workign day). Looking at the stats, I think it would take another week or so...But its really paining to wait such a long time. I just dont have any words to convince my wife..:-(

27/03/2012 - Submitted @ VFS Hyderabad
27/03/2012 - Sent to BHC

goto_venkat
India

VAF4A Visa

Post by goto_venkat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

I have applied my wife visa on VAF4A application on 24th April 2012 and still have not heard anything. Hopefully they will process quickly and send the passport. Can you guys post a reply if you have received your VISA?
Last edited by goto_venkat on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.