ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:59 pm

hi,
i have a question, which someone can hopefully answer for me.

when your appeal has been allowed and you receive your call letter. when do you get back the documents you submitted with your appeal application????

lotsofms
Newly Registered

Post by lotsofms » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 pm

farzana_uk wrote:hi,
i have a question, which someone can hopefully answer for me.

when your appeal has been allowed and you receive your call letter. when do you get back the documents you submitted with your appeal application????
Well, most of the times, you receive it with the passport. If you don't then, you have to notify them right away that you didn't receive the original docs submitted against which they will ask you for written application and suggest you to send the same to AbuDhabi,UK, and Khi offices. Then they track you until your query has been solved.

lotsofms
Newly Registered

Post by lotsofms » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:47 pm

fkappaya wrote:Still no message for collection :( I emailed at abudhabi address and they said your case in process we are doing more checks don't understand after withdrawn of original decision what checks they r doing now...
Well, sometimes, they prolong for nothing and when you ask them, that is something stupid they have to say. Don't worry, sooner or later you will get it. They are just taking more time to piss you off so don't let them do that and have trust in Allah. It's very rare that they refuse after the call-in letter has been sent. Good Luck!!

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Senior members guidance required.
my settlement application was refused back in august 4, appeal was lodged on 16 august, my solicitor confirmed they have received acknowledgment letter in response to my appeal but the hearing date is yet o be annouced by court.

However, i recieved a call today (11 oct) from British Embassy Islamabad, stating that i should submit my passport along with valid TB certificate at Gerry's Isb, i also got an email subjected as Call in letter (contents copied below for senior members review). Now, am kind of all confused as to what that letter means, why would ukba require my passport and TB certificate prior to reaching any decision with regards to appeal. Seniors, please advise, below are the contents from the post decision team email.

With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance, please call your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on 0900 10411 or mobile short code 8865 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for the submission of your passport(s).

UKBA aims to process allowed appeals within 8 weeks of official notification of the determination. Because we may need additional information or to assess whether there have been any significant changes in your circumstances since the original decision, we have yet to make a final decision on your application. But supplying the information below, making these arrangements and providing your passport as soon as possible will assist us in progressing your case more quickly. There will be no additional charge for this service.

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important therefore that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.

§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

§ For settlement applicants – please provide passport copy of sponsor showing their current immigration status.

§ TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to hold an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to book an appointment by calling 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday. Please note your entry into United Kingdom may be denied if you are travelling to the UK without a valid TB certificate in your possession.

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 pm

who would i have to notify, regarding the no return of appeal documents? Would he have to go back to gerrys in mirpur? Or is there an email add or telephone number?

lotsofms
Newly Registered

call letters

Post by lotsofms » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Well, the letter that u received is called the call letter and sometimes they allow the appeals without any court hearing date. Thats just their pattern to write 'to follow if any changes have been made to ur case'. This usually means thay have made a positive decision on ur case. And u need send the following right away and they will most probably send back ur visa stamped passport in a month or two. Don't worry, its all ofiicial. Sit back, relax and send in ur passport. Let me know ur further queries, i'll be more than just ahppy to help :)
ali_saghar wrote:Senior members guidance required.
my settlement application was refused back in august 4, appeal was lodged on 16 august, my solicitor confirmed they have received acknowledgment letter in response to my appeal but the hearing date is yet o be annouced by court.

However, i recieved a call today (11 oct) from British Embassy Islamabad, stating that i should submit my passport along with valid TB certificate at Gerry's Isb, i also got an email subjected as Call in letter (contents copied below for senior members review). Now, am kind of all confused as to what that letter means, why would ukba require my passport and TB certificate prior to reaching any decision with regards to appeal. Seniors, please advise, below are the contents from the post decision team email.

With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance, please call your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on 0900 10411 or mobile short code 8865 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for the submission of your passport(s).

UKBA aims to process allowed appeals within 8 weeks of official notification of the determination. Because we may need additional information or to assess whether there have been any significant changes in your circumstances since the original decision, we have yet to make a final decision on your application. But supplying the information below, making these arrangements and providing your passport as soon as possible will assist us in progressing your case more quickly. There will be no additional charge for this service.

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important therefore that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.

§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

§ For settlement applicants – please provide passport copy of sponsor showing their current immigration status.

§ TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to hold an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to book an appointment by calling 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday. Please note your entry into United Kingdom may be denied if you are travelling to the UK without a valid TB certificate in your possession.

khalid31
Newly Registered

Post by khalid31 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi

I received a letter from HM court and Justice UK today stating the respondent whom is the visa officer has withdrawn the original decision with a tick in the box next to it.

The tribunal are satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

Do anyone know what does this mean? Is my appeal successfull?

What will happen next? what I expect and my action?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm

khalid31 wrote:Hi

I received a letter from HM court and Justice UK today stating the respondent whom is the visa officer has withdrawn the original decision with a tick in the box next to it.

The tribunal are satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

Do anyone know what does this mean? Is my appeal successfull?

What will happen next? what I expect and my action?

Thanks
Yes it means your spouse will get their visa soon.Could take up to 8 weeks.Wait to get letter/phone /email asking your spouse to drop passport and TB certificate at Fedex so they can forward it to BHC to have visa stamped in it

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

It seems like this thread may need to be bumped up, especially since we have some current appeals going on for members.

Appeal lodged on May 3 in my case, Deadline of Oct 4 given. No news since.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Yup anyone going thro the appeal process for spouse visa from Pk, plz update:)
visa-grante:25.10.12

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 am

syma, wats up wid ur case?
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:syma, wats up wid ur case?
Hi
They've given a review deadline for 11th oct, taking more then 6months to review in my case:s

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 pm

dnt worry, at the end it will b in ur favor dear :)
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Appeal lodged on 6 Feb. Court date Sep 10.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am

What were your decision making post guys? As that can have an influence on time taken for upheld/overturned decisions or non responses.

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 am

My decision making post was Islamabad. Do not know if it takes longer.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 am

islamabad

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:02 am

What the decision making post may tell us is, which posts actually respond within the deadline and which posts attend or have representatives in the court hearings.

I am reading through this thread and investigating this, I will post my findings shortly, though it's difficult as not many people include decision making posts, just the timelines.

By the way, my decision making post was Abu Dhabi and it it took the clowns 1 month to get the application decision back to Lahore.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 am

king2be98 wrote:What the decision making post may tell us is, which posts actually respond within the deadline and which posts attend or have representatives in the court hearings.

I am reading through this thread and investigating this, I will post my findings shortly, though it's difficult as not many people include decision making posts, just the timelines.

By the way, my decision making post was Abu Dhabi and it it took the clowns 1 month to get the application decision back to Lahore.
Mandarin's decision post was islamabad and her review deadline was 9th july, she or her husband recieved the court date letter on 15th july if i am not wrong...does that mean islamabad BHC notified the tribunal of their decision way before 9th july in order them to set a date and send her the court date by mid july??

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 am

syma wrote:Mandarin's decision post was islamabad and her review deadline was 9th july, she or her husband recieved the court date letter on 15th july if i am not wrong...does that mean islamabad BHC notified the tribunal of their decision way before 9th july in order them to set a date and send her the court date by mid july??
Quite possibly, but I think it may well be that Islamabad didn't reply. You have to bear in mind, everything is recorded by the AIT, it would have shown on their system a deadline of 9 July, as soon as 9 July came, they would have said, right no response from the ECO/ECM, time to set a review date. So then they contact the local court for Mandarin and agree a date when they can meet.

I hope that Mandarin doesn't have to go court and in the next few days the buggers in Islamabad send out an overturned decision letter. We have seen that happen before.

I'm still ploughing through this thread, so when I'm done, I'll post my findings.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 am

It's been a long read, I've spent the last few days reading this and the other thread trying to put together my findings in terms of appeals handling for south asian applicants, particularly Pakistani applicants as I don't have enough information about others.

Here are my findings.

The appeals process has changed drastically over the last 3 years, but the process for all appeals now is the same. You lodge your appeal through sponsor in the UK to the AIT, there is no other method for Spouse VISA appeals.

The AIT takes 4/5 weeks to send out your appeal docs to the decision making post, for Pakistanis there are two posts which are Islamabad and Abu Dhabi.

In the past due to fewer applications and fewer appeals, a good chunk of decisions were overturned after 3 months had passed since loding the appeal. But with time that has gone down, fewer people are getting decisions overturned in the intirial ECM review process.

Croydon was a decision making post for Pakistani applicants once and they responded very quickly. Croydon is no longer a decision making post for Pakistani applicants, so we can rule out very fast responses.

Court dates are set to about 2 months after the deadline, but many people get a decision overturned letter before the court date as the HO realise they will get a roasting when they go to court by the judge and applicant.

Many cases which do go to court, no one from the UKBA/HO attends, so the court has no choice but to overule the ECOs decision.

Some cases and these are far fewer than you'd expect, the HO comes to court and gets slaughtered anyway because of their pathetic excuses like we didn't receive docs or they were lost. Judge overules, gives UKBA representative a slating for wasting everyone's time.

Some cases and these are less than 5% the judge goes with the UKBA/HO representative, but this is only for the really complex cases, for example things like someone being an illegal immigrant for 6 years, being in prison, or someone who has no money at all etc etc.

The vast majority of cases are overturned at the court hearing or before hand.

In terms of call letters, this varies, some have got it inside 2 weeks, some have had to wait 3 months, but there are plenty of email addresses I have gathered, if you need them let me know. People pester them until they are called in to submit their Passports.

The passport is returned in some cases very very quickly, within a week sometimes, but usually it's 4-6 weeks. If some reason there is a huge backlog, then it may take over 2 months, but again lots of emails and calls, and they do push things along.

Unfortunately this thread has not been updated regularly since June last year, so we don't know how it's been so far this year, but based on comments from other threads, I can say that from the time of appeal, you're looking at 6-9 months to get Passport back with VISA depending on whether you go court or not.

The more complicated the case, the more chance of it going to court, even if it does go to court, many of the judges slaughter the HO/UKBA.

If it does go to court, the judges care about facts and evidence, they are taught not to let emotion get in the way, so if you do go court, remember to stick to the facts and try to leave out emotion as much as possible.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 am

My dates are as follows.

Application at Lahore 12/01/12
Application collected 24/04/12 - Refused (not a genuine marriage because our nikah nama was not "genuine" and/or registered).
Appeal lodged online 3/05/12
Notice of pending appeal 26/05/12
Deadline to ECM given as 04/10/12

Will update as and when I hear anything.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 am

king2be98 wrote:It's been a long read, I've spent the last few days reading this and the other thread trying to put together my findings in terms of appeals handling for south asian applicants, particularly Pakistani applicants as I don't have enough information about others.

Here are my findings.

The appeals process has changed drastically over the last 3 years, but the process for all appeals now is the same. You lodge your appeal through sponsor in the UK to the AIT, there is no other method for Spouse VISA appeals.

The AIT takes 4/5 weeks to send out your appeal docs to the decision making post, for Pakistanis there are two posts which are Islamabad and Abu Dhabi.

In the past due to fewer applications and fewer appeals, a good chunk of decisions were overturned after 3 months had passed since loding the appeal. But with time that has gone down, fewer people are getting decisions overturned in the intirial ECM review process.

Croydon was a decision making post for Pakistani applicants once and they responded very quickly. Croydon is no longer a decision making post for Pakistani applicants, so we can rule out very fast responses.

Court dates are set to about 2 months after the deadline, but many people get a decision overturned letter before the court date as the HO realise they will get a roasting when they go to court by the judge and applicant.

Many cases which do go to court, no one from the UKBA/HO attends, so the court has no choice but to overule the ECOs decision.

Some cases and these are far fewer than you'd expect, the HO comes to court and gets slaughtered anyway because of their pathetic excuses like we didn't receive docs or they were lost. Judge overules, gives UKBA representative a slating for wasting everyone's time.

Some cases and these are less than 5% the judge goes with the UKBA/HO representative, but this is only for the really complex cases, for example things like someone being an illegal immigrant for 6 years, being in prison, or someone who has no money at all etc etc.

The vast majority of cases are overturned at the court hearing or before hand.

In terms of call letters, this varies, some have got it inside 2 weeks, some have had to wait 3 months, but there are plenty of email addresses I have gathered, if you need them let me know. People pester them until they are called in to submit their Passports.

The passport is returned in some cases very very quickly, within a week sometimes, but usually it's 4-6 weeks. If some reason there is a huge backlog, then it may take over 2 months, but again lots of emails and calls, and they do push things along.

Unfortunately this thread has not been updated regularly since June last year, so we don't know how it's been so far this year, but based on comments from other threads, I can say that from the time of appeal, you're looking at 6-9 months to get Passport back with VISA depending on whether you go court or not.

The more complicated the case, the more chance of it going to court, even if it does go to court, many of the judges slaughter the HO/UKBA.

If it does go to court, the judges care about facts and evidence, they are taught not to let emotion get in the way, so if you do go court, remember to stick to the facts and try to leave out emotion as much as possible.
i had a call from the ECM yesterday, he asked me few questions and called me agaian after 15mins to tell me that i would recieve a letter in few days and i"ll be joining my husband in th UK:):):):)
i cnt believe it, its still hasnt sunk in...
altho he called from the BHC islamabad number but he introduced himself as the ECM looking at my case from abudhabi..

wot do u guys think, how long till i get this letter now??

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 am

That's great news syma, atleast you didn't have to go to court.

So this means there are ecm in Islamabad? I thought all pakistan cases go to Croydon (applications and appeals)
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 am

syma wrote:i had a call from the ECM yesterday, he asked me few questions and called me agaian after 15mins to tell me that i would recieve a letter in few days and i"ll be joining my husband in th UK:):):):)
i cnt believe it, its still hasnt sunk in...
altho he called from the BHC islamabad number but he introduced himself as the ECM looking at my case from abudhabi..

wot do u guys think, how long till i get this letter now??
Syma, you're one of the few people who has had direct contact with an ECO and a ECM now, in fact in all the time I've been reading and have been a member on immigration forums, you are the first, so we don't know from previous examples what this means.

But what will happen now is, he will email AIT and send your documents back to them. Within the next 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks, you will get a call letter, this may be in the form of an actual letter or an email. So I would suggest you get your TB Test sorted out next week, so you can do straight in an submit your passport.

I will say again, if ECM says your decision will be overturned, then it will be, no one is that cruel to say it will be overturned and then not overturn. So Syma, expect a call letter by the end of August at the latest and hopefully a stamped passport before the end of September at the latest. Good luck, hope it works out well for you.