ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashleychans
Newly Registered

Re: Updates on Zambrano applications

Post by ashleychans » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi Guys! Finally about to put in my FlO application as appealing my Zambrano seems a bit scary to me. But the lawyers fees for FLO of £1450 to me nah die !!! I wish I could put in my application myself...Just to write one supporting letter as my case is straight forward and have all documents. God help us all.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Hurray!!!!! My derivative residence card came this morning. Absolutely over the moon. Thanks for all your help.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Wed May 21, 2014 12:39 pm

[quote][/quote] @ Topsibelle, congrats, enjoy your freedom.
Am yet to go for my appeal, the date is fast approaching. My daughter's father resides here but spends most of his time outside the country. we are not in good terms as the relationship has broken down. The child has always lived with me. Can anyone give me a clue on how to prepare for my hearing or what to expect, please. No money to get a barrister. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.
GOD IS ABLE

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Topsibelle wrote:Hurray!!!!! My derivative residence card came this morning. Absolutely over the moon. Thanks for all your help.

Congratulations Topsibelle, enjoy with your family.

Very very very happy for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Thu May 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Wow !!! Congrats topsibelle , I have been actively following your posts , your motivation is contagious :D .
enjoy your freedom and congrats to everyone who have won or was granted their cards.
I cowardly went straight to flrfp when I got a refusal for my zambrano , just couldn't bear the thought of going through all the fees and wait that comes with an appeal, But after reading all this posts particularly netqueen and topsibelle , I feel like I should have fought instead of just caving into fear.sigh.
I have put my flrfp in and waiting for their decision, I would like to know if it is possible to have both the brp and the drc , I intend to put in an application for zambrano in as soon as I receive my card, I remember someone mentioned that it was possible but wanted some advice from you guys.
I will put in myself .what do you think?

Thank you

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu May 22, 2014 4:20 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:Wow !!! Congrats topsibelle , I have been actively following your posts , your motivation is contagious :D .
enjoy your freedom and congrats to everyone who have won or was granted their cards.
I cowardly went straight to flrfp when I got a refusal for my zambrano , just couldn't bear the thought of going through all the fees and wait that comes with an appeal, But after reading all this posts particularly netqueen and topsibelle , I feel like I should have fought instead of just caving into fear.sigh.
I have put my flrfp in and waiting for their decision, I would like to know if it is possible to have both the brp and the drc , I intend to put in an application for zambrano in as soon as I receive my card, I remember someone mentioned that it was possible but wanted some advice from you guys.
I will put in myself .what do you think?

Thank you
Thank you so much. I think it will be helpful if you let us know about your situation.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Thu May 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello ,
thank you for your prompt answer. Ok... my story: I came here as a student but overstayed my visas, could not renew it financial reasons really.
I have a child who is british citizen because of his father, my baby has not seen his father since he was 9 months so did I. The only good thing he has done for his child was to apply for his passport.
I applied in February last year and was refused in march this year. I knewthat if I had go for the appeal I would have won because the reasons they refused was because I didn't include my child 's passport ( they could have just requested it)and that the father blah blah cant take care of him. But I was tired so decided to go for the flrfp , it seems faster , so here I'm waiting for the outcome of my flrfp application.
But I want to put in a zambrano application in once I receive it. Hope it is feasible.
Thank you for reading. 8)

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu May 22, 2014 5:06 pm

[quote="convenantkeepingGod"]Hello ,
thank you for your prompt answer. Ok... my story: I came here as a student but overstayed my visas, could not renew it financial reasons really.
I have a child who is british citizen because of his father, my baby has not seen his father since he was 9 months so did I. The only good thing he has done for his child was to apply for his passport.
I applied in February last year and was refused in march this year. I knewthat if I had go for the appeal I would have won because the reasons they refused was because I didn't include my child 's passport ( they could have just requested it)and that the father blah blah cant take care of him. But I was tired so decided to go for the flrfp , it seems faster , so here I'm waiting for the outcome of my flrfp application.
But I want to put in a zambrano application in once I receive it. Hope it is feasible.
Thank you for reading. 8)[/quote

Honestly, I think you should have made another Zambrano application if you were terrified of going for the appeal. I was refused my first Zambrano application because I didn't include my daughter's British passport. Yes, they could have requested for it. I applied for another Zambrano the next day and wrote a lengthy letter telling them they goofed on the refusal. I got a letter from the case worker asking me to fill another application form and include my daughter's British passport. However, by this time I had sent in a fresh application and they are not so bright to cancel my new one and approve the one they goofed, so I started afresh.

First, because of cost I think you should have done Zambrano. FLR (O) cost an arm and a leg but you can still apply for Zambrano and FLR(O) can be done simultaneously. I personally think Zambrano is better bc you can access benefits and further your education, unlike FLR(O) where you have no recourse to public funds for 10 years.

I know they say Zambrano doesn't leave to permanent residence but right now, I don't care. I've been in the country for 11 years with no status so I'm glad I'm free. I hope I've been able to help.

I wish you all the best.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Thu May 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Thank you Topsibelle for your input.you are right flrfp is costly. At the time the lawyer and barrister fees were :shock: , so here you are , I also did that because someone advise on this forum that once they receive their DRC they will go for an flrfp . I will put my application myself once I receive my flrfp card.
I was pretty sure that the DRC doesn't give me any right to benefits, I know you were approved for the benefits you applied for. But sometimes they may give you because the benefits office (HMRC and DWP) will approve but Ho will use against you when you want to renew. I might be wrong but I know that zambrano carers should be having right to benefits , unfortunately Ho does not follow what they write :roll: .Like you if I get my DRC I will aplly for my benefits . My child is also british why can't he gets what the other british children get.
thank you hun and go enjoy yr life. :mrgreen:

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:Thank you Topsibelle for your input.you are right flrfp is costly. At the time the lawyer and barrister fees were :shock: , so here you are , I also did that because someone advise on this forum that once they receive their DRC they will go for an flrfp . I will put my application myself once I receive my flrfp card.
I was pretty sure that the DRC doesn't give me any right to benefits, I know you were approved for the benefits you applied for. But sometimes they may give you because the benefits office (HMRC and DWP) will approve but Ho will use against you when you want to renew. I might be wrong but I know that zambrano carers should be having right to benefits , unfortunately Ho does not follow what they write :roll: .Like you if I get my DRC I will aplly for my benefits . My child is also british why can't he gets what the other british children get.
thank you hun and go enjoy yr life. :mrgreen:
With DRC, you are entitled to benefits and I have all the court rulings stating this. I will definitely go the whole hog with HO if they try to use it against me. I think one needs to be assertive with HO, they do try to intimidate us and we should resist it.

Thank you.

Tiff
Newly Registered

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Hey pple, I am up to my neck with Zambrano. My timeline is
June 2012 application sent.
August 2012 refused
December 2012 reapplied with extra documents
January 2013 COA received with no right to work.
July 2013 COA replaced with right to work.
May 19 2014 appeal / hearing date .
15 may appeal cancelled due to court lack of time.
May 15 HO advised my work to stop me working as they say I have no right to work.
August 12 2014 new date for hearing.
I am not frustrated but I think what is happen is just no right especially that british kids are involved. All I hear is "child best interest and child matters", it doesnt seem so from where I am standing.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Dear Forum Members, just a quick update on my Zambrano appeal, I was scared of my hearing date which i did attend. I had no Barrister representation but God Almighty represented me Himself. Just received my decision letter and it has been allowed on Reg 15A. Human right was not considered as there was no removal direction. Award of cost also made.I am still dazed. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to all forum members, both senior and junior, for all your contibutions. Wigsy, Ruona, Appealalready, thanks for all your encouragement and support. Wigsy, your document helpped me a great deal while preparing my bundle. God bless you all.
Almighty God never fails.
GOD IS ABLE

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Hellooo Forum members, please I need an advice please, any advice is highly appreciated. My zambrano appeal was allowed and today marks the end of the 5 days that either party can appeal the decision. Glory to God, no letter yet from HO.
The passport I included when i made my initial application was with held by the HO and has expired. I would like to know if I should just send a copy of my current passport to them or will they write to me requesting for it.
Please senior members advice , please.
GOD IS ABLE

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:22 pm

ada4msd wrote:Hellooo Forum members, please I need an advice please, any advice is highly appreciated. My zambrano appeal was allowed and today marks the end of the 5 days that either party can appeal the decision. Glory to God, no letter yet from HO.
The passport I included when i made my initial application was with held by the HO and has expired. I would like to know if I should just send a copy of my current passport to them or will they write to me requesting for it.
Please senior members advice , please.
I hope they haven't sought permission to appeal, if they have, you may still get letter, the 5 days pertains to them lodging permission application not you receiving letter. If you would like to know for sure, better to contact the tribunal by telephone, then can still lodge permission on the 5th day, you wouldn't get that letter same day.

A copy of your passport is not necessary, perhaps you mean your passport and not a copy of it? Do not send them your passport until they have requested for it, as it may be easily lost, if they haven't requested for it, they will issue your DRC on an ISD.
Last edited by dalebutt on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:56 pm

@ Dalebutt: thanks a lot for the clarifications and immediate response. Yes i meant the passport itself, thanks. I won't be sending the passport as you adviced. Thanks for letting me know about the ISD, never knew about it. You are right, will contact the Tribunal straight away. Thanks once again.
GOD IS ABLE

ruona

Post by ruona » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 am

Congrat ada4msd,and I think @delebutt is very correct ,cos I receive my letter of appeal about 9days after appeal won.but all thanks to God,the ftt refuses their request.still waiting for residence card,next week will make it 3months after appeal won.contacted ho about my card and they said they have a routine ,that it has to be 3month waiting before they can say anything that I should call back next week ,which is 3months.guys do you think I am getting close to getting my card.God bless you all.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello everyone, I just want to update on my situation to encourage us all.
The HO did not seek permission to appeal the FTT decision and the £140.00 I paid for the oral hearing have been refunded.
I have never felt so 'light' since I came into this country.
God Almighty never fails. We will all laugh, do not loose hope.
GOD IS ABLE

ruona

Post by ruona » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:16 pm

@ada4msd,thnks for your update,just want to ask you a question,did the ho refund the award fee back to your account or is it a cheque through post?.i am asking this becos I ve not gotten mine yet .i am really happy for you.pls keep us updated when your card arrives.i will sure do same.thnks and God bless

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:30 pm

@ruona. It was paid back into my account.
Before that, FTT sent me a mail that they have raised an order for my refund. After two days, I checked my account and it has been credited into my account. It was the same account I used to make the payment when I made the appeal. I will try and update us all because other people's update helped me a great deal.
Last edited by ada4msd on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD IS ABLE

ruona

Post by ruona » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:34 pm

@ada4sd, thnks for your reply,God bless.

ruona

Post by ruona » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi guys,just want to update you on my application.i have not yet receive my residence card .but I applied for child tax credit and child benefit and I was granted yesterday with a month backdated.what I am trying to say is that zambrano carers are entitle to benefit.will update you if my rc.arrives.have a nice weekend.

Allarie3
Newly Registered

Post by Allarie3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi, am new in dis forum. Ive got a 9month british son, but am illegal immigrat. Came in as a visitor, ive applied for a drc recieved my COA last week with d right to work within 6 month my application wil be answered. My question is can i apply for NI and open a bank acct. also my baby stay with mi cos his father isnt responsible. I pray i recieve gud news frm d ho. Finger crossed

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

You should be able to get NINO with it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Allarie3
Newly Registered

Post by Allarie3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

Hi everyone, am new in dis forum. I hav a 10month old son who is a british and am d main carer cos he stays with mi. i applied for a derivative residence card, my COA came last week with d right to work within 6month my application wil be sorted. My question is can i apply for NI and open bank acct.

coco2000
Newly Registered

Post by coco2000 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi everyone please I am new to this forum and have my court hearing in the next two weeks. Basically I have a 8 years old daughter who is British citizen and my ex partner after my application I was granted et work permit that I used to find an employment which I have been for more than a year now. I have also sent an application for Flr fp two months ago and have received a letter for the biometric that I done as well but still waiting for the decision. Please if anyone can help me for what taking to the court that day because I have no barrister. Your help will be welcome and very appreciated. Thanks