ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am

I would state that the Land Registry is important and should be included. However, as you have a good job (work in NHS) I think they may overlook this as you have provided consent, etc from parents.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm reading the thread and I'm a bit confused about something, perhaps the others are too and hence everyone asking abotu appeal times.

So could to the best of your knowledge answer the following.

King2be - in reply to your questions, I will basically explain appeal procedure.

If an application is rejected you have a right of appeal (within 28 days of recieving decision). This appeal may be lodged in Pakistan or UK. Once you have lodged appeal the Immigration and Asylum First-Tier Tribunal issue a notice of pending appeal and give the Home Office a date by which they should response. If they response and withdraw appeal this means it has been overturned and visa has been issued on review. If however, they disagree and provide a bundle or do not respond, the court after that date sets an appeal date. This isthe hearing date when sponsor must attend and at least 5 days prior to this must provide a bundle of documents they will be relying on.

The Home Office may review it anytime prior to the hearing date and have sometimes withdrawn appeals a couple of days before the hearing, so there is no average time, it depends on when the appeal has been reviewed by them.

There is no fee to lodge an appeal with the Tribunal, however, if you are to instruct a Solicitor they will charge for this. Solicitor costs can vary from £250 (just for lodging appeal and not representing at hearing) to £1000.

I hope this helps, any questions, just ask!
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

to thoes who hav been granted visa in sept/oct...did the passport status change from underproces to ready for collection on website?? or did ur spouces get a text message..??

its been 13 days today we applied for my hubys and hes a little worried as to why it hasnt changed....

also, does the computer based info be up to date wiv the passport status?..if any1 knows??

jzk

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:18 am

Hi

For those of you who are interested in knowing more about appeals, this is the Tribunal's website

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/cour ... /index.htm

maria20110

hi

Post by maria20110 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

@Xanila: Yes the status on the website changes as the applicant gets sms and emails both. Your status would change as In process after 13 days so you can still wait a day or two more.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 am

everyday_4_u wrote:@Exquisit33: When did you submit your appeal? on what date? and after how many days did you get acknowledgement letter? is that came to Pakistan or to you in UK? And your appeal was made to Leicester or Islamabad? And what is the deadline given to ECO?

And hopefully your decision will be over turn soon. Just be patience.

Exquisit33 wrote:Salam guys, I have received 'Notice of appeal pending' this is the acknowledgement letter.. right?

Inshallah I hope that the ECM reviews and reconsiders the decision for my hubby's refusal and over-turns the original decision. Please all make dua for me!
Salam Everyday_4_u,

I appealed in UK, Loughborough, received acknowledgement letter after 8/9 days Alhumdhulila. Deadline given is in Februaury. Inshallah let's hope decision is overturned in review.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Just a quick question, basically one of the reasons my husband's visa was refused was due to the fact that we only used calling cards and that was not sufficient proof of contact.. I wanted to know whether I am able to use the following method..

My husband normally calls my landline and my mobile. However I normally call him using calling cards but obviously this is not proper proof and I want to start calling him where I can obtain call records.. if I call him using my mobile it would heighten my bill. Therefore I was thinking if I purchase a Lebara, GT sim or Lyca sim and keep topping that up.. I would also be able to view that call history online and it would be cheaper.. would they question me as to why I have a different number now.. as it would mean I have two numbers, (one for UK and one for calling my husband).. now question is does this mean my husband will have an issue again? Or can I have two numbers as it would be easier for me to communicate with him as I can track my call history as well.

Would he need to contact me using my new number or can he contact me on both sims? He has already gone to his phone company and got a letter which confirms he has been calling my landline and my original mobile number, would me having a new sim cause any problems now? Also on the initial application form we wrote my original mobile number as my contact number.

Please could someone help me out, if you have been in a similar situation please could you share with me so I can decide what step I should take. Thanks
Allah is the greatest!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

nazema wrote:Hi

For those of you who are interested in knowing more about appeals, this is the Tribunal's website

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/cour ... /index.htm
Thanks for the previous post, it was very insightful and very helpful.

The link is too.

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi
Has anyones spouse here done english test with City and Guilds in Mirpur how long did the certificate take to cum

Visa321

Post by Visa321 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi
Has anyones spouse here done english test with City and Guilds in Mirpur how long did the certificate take to cum
My wife did the City & Guilds spouse english test in Mirpur on the 21st of September. Still waiting for the certificate, was told it takes about a month. Really really want it to come asap as Im ready to send and submit my application and paperwork. Inshallah it will come through within the next few days.

Abs11
Newly Registered

Post by Abs11 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:28 am

Hi Guys,

First of all thanx to everyone who helped me with my first post.

Can anyone update the spreadsheet with following details thanks.

VISA: spouse settlement
CENTRE: mirpur
DATE CASE HANDED IN: 27/09/11
CURRENT STATUS: application forwarded to islamabad oc on 28/09/11.

And can anyone answer the following two questions?

1. Has anyone handed in their case near my date? and has theyre status changed to being processed yet?. I was hopefull of a faster turnaround as the offical
august processing times show that a lot of cases are getting a answer in only 2 weeks.

2. Does islamabad oc mean the application has been sent to abu dhabi?

Thanks

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 am

heyyyyyyyyyy

application is underprocess..!!!! 10/11/2011

finally!!!!

abz...me and u r the same..applied on 27/09/11...today my huby got a text saying that its under process and its also changed on the website...:)...

make dua for me guys!!!!!...im dead scared now!!!!...lol xx

maria20110

status change

Post by maria20110 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:52 am

@xanila: see i told ya it wud change in a day or two..now it shudnt take more than a week to get ur decision..keep ur fingers crossed.

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 am

For the Contact proof query,your husband can simply send his own call records showing tht he called ur landlines n original mobilie numbers..that wud be way simple for the case workers to see and understand.I did the same..I just sent my phone record bills (which was on my name) and showed all the international calls i had made to england to my hubby.I just quoted his number too.

dont complicate ur case by sending several numbers n wastign money on sims.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 am

jzk maria sis...xx

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 am

maria20110 wrote:For the Contact proof query,your husband can simply send his own call records showing tht he called ur landlines n original mobilie numbers..that wud be way simple for the case workers to see and understand.I did the same..I just sent my phone record bills (which was on my name) and showed all the international calls i had made to england to my hubby.I just quoted his number too.

dont complicate ur case by sending several numbers n wastign money on sims.
Thanks Maria,

My hubby now asked his phone company for itemized bills however they only gave him a written statement which states that he has been calling my mobile and landline number. Would that be acceptable?

They did not give him a breakdown :(
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 am

Abs11

I have added you to spreadsheet.

XnailaX - You are in our Dua's

Exquisit33 - Obtain copies of your husbands calling records and cross reference them with the number he has been calling here, i.e. mobile/landline. Explain the circumstances, i.e. he has been calling you as cheaper and contact calling card company to obtain confirmation of where you called with the cards.

Also have u been texting hubby? If so, provide log showing texts to his number and ask him to obtain a letter of confirmation from his mobile company confirming his number.

If you get a new SIM now, it would not be relevant as the court would look at communication/proof of contact at time of application and not now.

Hope this helps!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 am

nazema wrote:Abs11

I have added you to spreadsheet.

XnailaX - You are in our Dua's

Exquisit33 - Obtain copies of your husbands calling records and cross reference them with the number he has been calling here, i.e. mobile/landline. Explain the circumstances, i.e. he has been calling you as cheaper and contact calling card company to obtain confirmation of where you called with the cards.

Also have u been texting hubby? If so, provide log showing texts to his number and ask him to obtain a letter of confirmation from his mobile company confirming his number.

If you get a new SIM now, it would not be relevant as the court would look at communication/proof of contact at time of application and not now.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Nazema sis,

Hun my hubby contacted his mobile phone company and they did not give him call records such as itemised billing... but they only gave him a letter which states that he has been calling my landline and mobile number.. would that be acceptable?
Allah is the greatest!

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi, @Visa321
My husband was told his certificate will take 6 weeks and hes got a test date 3 and half weeks after he had given them his details. They told him the date will cum next week but its come for another 2 and half weeks later. What college ur wife doing her test with in Mirpur apparently thier only 2. If u check on the City & Guilds website it says ur results will be given after 3-4 weeks and certificate comes after 6-8 weeks. Nowadays Pakiz are not trustable they tell 1 person another and the other person something else.
My husband went in july but then we realise the test providers will change after 18 july he didnt do the test but asked them how long does the certificate come after and they said a week a load of crap. They cant even give u a test date after a week let alone the certificate. our paperwork would of been ready at the end of the month and coz of these lieing pople we cant. they gave him a test date at the end of the month. and another 6-8 weeks for certificate. Thats about another 2- 2 and half months we have to wait now. sorry this post is a bit long. It just to let u know about these untrustable people.
Keep me up to date please and tell me after how many weeks your wife gets her certificate.
Thanks alot for the reply

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

hi,
I have a question, which i hope somebody mite b able 2 answer.
When u submit docs with an appeal and ur appeal gets overturned. When do u get ur documents u submitted back??

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Exquisit33

The letter should be ok as it is proof. Which mobile company in Pakistan is ur hubby with? If you dont mind me asking.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm

nazema wrote:Exquisit33

The letter should be ok as it is proof. Which mobile company in Pakistan is ur hubby with? If you dont mind me asking.
Check you PM sis.. :)
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:33 pm

I have no message???????

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm

nazema wrote:I have no message???????
Let me resend
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Exquisit33

I have got ur emails, will reply this afternoon as at work at moment!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:15 pm

nazema wrote:Hi Exquisit33

I have got ur emails, will reply this afternoon as at work at moment!
Thank you Nazema
Allah is the greatest!