ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:thought i would let you know. my wife's FLR(M) is also approved and we got the documents. seems like HO has linked my application with her and knew the decision on my application arleady.

however since My ILR issued on 8/5/14, i have got my BRP on 12/05/14, but still no sign on documents, solicitor is not sure why it took so long.. i will be ringing HO.
Congrates to you and your wife Hardikjshah, please update us how many years visa she got ? Means to say 2 years or 2.5 years ? Thanks.
Regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

legend786

Post by legend786 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes they send me an query asking the last 2 years documents, salary slips, bank statements, joint account with wife and joint utility bills and tax documents etc. So that's why it's that late but thankfully at the end got all of it :D

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 pm

legend786 wrote:Yes they send me an query asking the last 2 years documents, salary slips, bank statements, joint account with wife and joint utility bills and tax documents etc. So that's why it's that late but thankfully at the end got all of it :D
Dear Legend 786

i got bit worried to hear that, normally they dont require these docs in long resuidency application.
was there any special reason that they required these docs.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Wed May 14, 2014 4:05 pm

HI,
I submitted my application on 19/04 and received my acknowledgment letter on 23/04.
I haven’t received the invitation for biometric and today when I rang the HO they said they haven’t got my name and the reference number in their system and I have to wait.
Is it something I should to be worry or not?
Many thanks in advance for your kind reply.

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Malavan wrote:HI,
I submitted my application on 19/04 and received my acknowledgment letter on 23/04.
I haven’t received the invitation for biometric and today when I rang the HO they said they haven’t got my name and the reference number in their system and I have to wait.
If payment is deducted.
There is nothing much need to worry about.
I received my biometric letter after one month as well.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

sajjadali707 wrote:
legend786 wrote:Yes they send me an query asking the last 2 years documents, salary slips, bank statements, joint account with wife and joint utility bills and tax documents etc. So that's why it's that late but thankfully at the end got all of it :D
Dear Legend 786

i got bit worried to hear that, normally they dont require these docs in long resuidency application.
was there any special reason that they required these docs.
Im bit concerned as well..why did they had to ask extra docs?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Malavan,
Just to let you know that I applied on the 10th of February 2014, I called them for the first time today to know the progress on my application and it was the same with me, they couldn't find me through my Home Office reference number, I have to give my full name and it took them some time to find me. So if they find you eventually than I don't think there is any thing to worry about, but if they didn't than, yes you should purse it further.
For my biometric details letter it took almost 25 days to arrive, so hopefully your one will reach you soon.
All the best with your application.
Kind regards
Shahjee

frahman
Newly Registered

Post by frahman » Wed May 14, 2014 5:46 pm

frahman wrote:
msmussaf wrote:frahman i am waiting to listen a good news from you ?

Still waiting for the package to arrive ...royal mail is bit slow today ...got out of work early today..couldn't concentrate on anything..Everything depends on Almighty Allah....

Haven't received it today .. They said it was posted on 13/05/14 ,gave me tracking ..but Royal mail website displays ... Details not available for this signed for parcel.

Hopefully will receive it tomorrow. Will update the outcome.
Thanks

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:55 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi Malavan,
Just to let you know that I applied on the 10th of February 2014, I called them for the first time today to know the progress on my application and it was the same with me, they couldn't find me through my Home Office reference number, I have to give my full name and it took them some time to find me. So if they find you eventually than I don't think there is any thing to worry about, but if they didn't than, yes you should purse it further.
For my biometric details letter it took almost 25 days to arrive, so hopefully your one will reach you soon.
All the best with your application.

Kind regards
Shahjee

Hi shahjee
What did home office said about ur application when u call then ,I am on 05/02/2014 ,still waiting ,share ur conversation please
Thanks alot

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Wed May 14, 2014 6:44 pm

frahman wrote:
frahman wrote:

Still waiting for the package to arrive ...royal mail is bit slow today ...got out of work early today..couldn't concentrate on anything..Everything depends on Almighty Allah....

Haven't received it today .. They said it was posted on 13/05/14 ,gave me tracking ..but Royal mail website displays ... Details not available for this signed for parcel.

Thanks
Dont worry its on his way. insha Allah it will be good.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed May 14, 2014 6:59 pm

HEY MATE,

Try this link it will give u exact info about your parcel hopefully

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

frahman wrote:
frahman wrote:

Thanks
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi shahjee
What did home office said about ur application when u call then ,I am on 05/02/2014 ,still waiting ,share ur conversation please
Thanks alot[/quote]

Hi Abdoul,
The call at the Home Office was picked by a very kind man, he reassured me on every step, took his time to track what is the progress and than he replied that according to the status update with him it was assigned to a case worker. I was even cheeky to ask when was it assigned, to which he said that he hasn't got the exact date but he can reassure me that it is with a case worker for decision. I hope it comes up with a positive reply soon. You are ahead of me Abdoul, so expect it to come through this week INSHALLAH. Keep us posted mate, all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Hi shahjee
Thanks alot
Hi Abdoul,
The call at the Home Office was picked by a very kind man, he reassured me on every step, took his time to track what is the progress and than he replied that according to the status update with him it was assigned to a case worker. I was even cheeky to ask when was it assigned, to which he said that he hasn't got the exact date but he can reassure me that it is with a case worker for decision. I hope it comes up with a positive reply soon. You are ahead of me Abdoul, so expect it to come through this week INSHALLAH. Keep us posted mate, all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Thanks you, I wish I could call HO too,my application been sent trough Central London visa service with there
Details,so I just have to seat tie and wait for there call,hope soon as I am going without sleep now lol.
Good luck to all of us ,let hope tomorrow good news will flow...

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:50 pm

can you tell me home office contact number.i same issue ,i have for ilr on 17 /04 and have not received letter for biometrics yet.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:05 pm

mind202 wrote:can you tell me home office contact number.i same issue ,i have for ilr on 17 /04 and have not received letter for biometrics yet.
Home Office phone no. 03001232241
Regards
Shahjee

Ton2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ton2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi! Tulib143
Home Office’s requirements from 20 November 2013 provided list of awarding body where my wife's certificate was not on the list. Probably, this may be or don't know why?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf[

thanks,

ton

gulll

Post by gulll » Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:guys...

finally got my ILR Appred on 08/05/14 got my BRP today.
heartiest congratulations on acquiring your ILR and an end to this ordeal.

gulll

Post by gulll » Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 pm

hi guys,
just quickly wanted to discuss some issue, your response would be highly appreciated.
I am preparing myself for ILR next month, currently am on 3C, 3D due to pending appeal, made my mind for withdrawing appeal and re-applying with in 28 days with fresh long residence application, but my solicitor came up with some suggestion i.e. to variate my application by sending them life in the UK certificate and asking them to consider my long residence application instead of Tier 1, but I am not much satisfied with this suggestion as personally don't think so one can do it as rules suggests, decided application cant be varied.
a) my question here is, does my application falls in decided category as its been refused or until decision is not made from court it will be still consider as pending?

b) secondly how much do you agree with my solicitor advice?
many thanks in advance.

shantha

Post by shantha » Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 am

Can you tell us why they ask these documents for? Did you lost your Passport?

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:51 am

Hi legend786
Do u want to explain this
?

Urgent advice Plz
by legend786 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi, Everyone here
First of all i really appreciate for the great work you guys doing here for everybody on this site!
May GOD bless all of you.
Now here is my situation,
I am a student here and my visa is running out on 23 May 2014.
Here are some questions i want to ask
1- Can i get married here in UK without leaving from here because i am gonna be illegal after 23rd of this month and why i am going to get married after this date? it's a long story because i had all sort of trouble with my college then no job and financial difficulties etc. and for these reasons i couldn't proceed my studies and currently i am living with my girlfriend and she is an Latvian citizen and not working at the moment but hopefully will start soon.
Anybody's kind answer will be much appreciated in this regard. if any question then i would be more than happy to provide further information. Thanks a lot in advance. Looking forward to hear from you guys soon.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:thought i would let you know. my wife's FLR(M) is also approved and we got the documents. seems like HO has linked my application with her and knew the decision on my application arleady.

however since My ILR issued on 8/5/14, i have got my BRP on 12/05/14, but still no sign on documents, solicitor is not sure why it took so long.. i will be ringing HO.
Hi All,

rang HO yesterday and they not sure whre my passport and other documents are .. they gave me Special delivery reference, looked at it and its my wife and Daughters passport and docs, my docs and passport seems to have gone missing.

anyone else had similar issue? - i have rqeuested return of documents via internal - but only option with that is to withdraw application - however i did put note saying i got my BRP but passport gone missing hence reqeusting return of documents via this way.

any help guys..

thanks

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:27 am

thanks for giving h/o number.i have soken to home office and they could't find me in the system .is it normal or not i don't know.when i asked them why they think i have not received letter for biometrics.he replied some time its the way you have paid ur fee.by giving ur card details are the quickest.but i have sent check.how did u sent ur fee

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:46 am

Infact this is my younger brother's situation and i am planning to see solicitor for legal advice and i am not sure yet what will be the out come but i am still staying positive for all of this situation and if anybody there got any other advice then it will be much appreciated Thanks a lot

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Thu May 15, 2014 10:29 am

gulll wrote:hi guys,
just quickly wanted to discuss some issue, your response would be highly appreciated.
I am preparing myself for ILR next month, currently am on 3C, 3D due to pending appeal, made my mind for withdrawing appeal and re-applying with in 28 days with fresh long residence application, but my solicitor came up with some suggestion i.e. to variate my application by sending them life in the UK certificate and asking them to consider my long residence application instead of Tier 1, but I am not much satisfied with this suggestion as personally don't think so one can do it as rules suggests, decided application cant be varied.
a) my question here is, does my application falls in decided category as its been refused or until decision is not made from court it will be still consider as pending?

many thanks in advance.
Hi there

You can not vary an application while an appeal is pending. You are only able to vary before HO make a decision on your case or if appeal has been decided in your favour and you are waiting for HO to issue your leave to remain.
You can do either of the following
1) Withdraw your appeal and put in a SETLR application immediately. However, you may want to check whether that there are no gaps on your stay or any other reason why your SETLR may be refused.
2) You can add your ten years legal stay as an additional ground of your appeal. The way to do this is to write to both HO presenting officers and tribunal before the hearing date that you are adding 10 year lawful state as an additional ground to be considered during appeal. You will also need to evidence your claim.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 am

Rockefeller wrote:
gulll wrote:hi guys,

many thanks in advance.
Hi there

You can not vary an application while an appeal is pending. You are only able to vary before HO make a decision on your case or if appeal has been decided in your favour and you are waiting for HO to issue your leave to remain.
You can do either of the following
1) Withdraw your appeal and put in a SETLR application immediately. However, you may want to check whether that there are no gaps on your stay or any other reason why your SETLR may be refused
2) You can add your ten years legal stay as an additional ground of your appeal. The way to do this is to write to both HO presenting officers and tribunal before the hearing date that you are adding 10 year lawful state as an additional ground to be considered during appeal. You will also need to evidence your claim.
to add on the 2nd option - there is no gurantee that the additonal ground will be considered - you may be given 2 years discrentionally leave within that you can apply for 10 yrs ILR, my suggestion - if your case is simple and your appeal is not in near future(3 months) to apply for ILR by withdrawing appeal at SAME TIME - i have done it and got it thru successful.