ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 am

babycakes wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:
Hi Babycakes,

I understand your distress, however I don't believe people who are getting a decision quickly are bragging or wanting to intentionally upset others, I just truly believe they are surprised and happy and wish to share with the forum. I mean, after all, that's what this forum is about "FLR(O) waiting times and timelines..." We will all get a decision sooner or later, but I'm still open and happy for those who do get it faster, we must not lose hope and keep strong. =x

My point is as you can see the majority has been waiting months and even years. Applications have been pushed aside to prioritise new, which means the back log can take years to clear. This is home office words not mine, so place your self in the shoe of someone that has been waiting 3 years only to hear that a colleague got response with 6 weeks.

@ Babycakes,

whilst intentions behind your message might be different, its believed your expression might be wrong, ''we are all in this together'' and if positive results are not shared there will be no baseline to determine performance of UKBA, afterall that is what the forum is meant for.

If members on here are to go by your message, it is either nobody post their success/positive turn around stories here any longer or you create a new forum stating its meant for old FLR(O) applications only.

I totally share views with Cookies and also appreciate your emotions,but it would be better we use adverse energy towards UKBA and not ourselves on here, we are ALL in this together and together we shall ALL receive positive good news soon (Amen!!!).

Please continue to be strong, rejoice with people that have good news to post, fecilitate with contrary and compare how good results was achieved to advise new members on here how lessons learnt could help future applicants.

Please let us all remain ONE and GOD will nourish our joy/happiness soon.

Thanks.
This thread was designed for the old applications,and has been so since last year, why should this be moved?

As I said before let's here from those who has been waiting for a considerable length of time, that was why this thread was created.(Back in 2012) ie different rules diiferent turn around time.
To assume that I don't want to hear any success story us ridiculous why can't people read and comprehend before posting idiotic comments?
Anyways my point is the time frame will no longer provide value since rules has changed ie the agency has been scrapped.

It might be a very good idea however for a thread for such applications be created. New ( flro applications) that way new applicants will benefit from that thread and old applicant here posting from last yr will continue to benefit.

It no point sharing timeline on this thread when the rules has been changed. It like comparing orange with banana. :-)

I hope my point is understood.
this group is for FLR(O) discretionary leave waiting time, and all posts either old OR new should be posted on here, this actually widens members experience of what exactly is happening, you do not have to respond to posts from applications with swift turn around but rather attend to the ones you feel comfortable with.

I have seen forums with very old outstanding applications where new applicants have joined and add values / improvement to cause of long waiting members (it is called ''lessons learnt'') and infact we have recently seen legacy applications approved after 3 years waiting, shared stories based on this have helped new applicants prepare fully well for UKBA.

Please, feel free to create a new forum for legacy applications if you feel no longer comfortable on here, but I do not think any member with FLR(O) applications should for any reason be discouraged from posting here.

Good news shall be ours either legacy or new applications and this will be soon. Amen!!! :) 8)
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 am

oishola77778 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

My point is as you can see the majority has been waiting months and even years. Applications have been pushed aside to prioritise new, which means the back log can take years to clear. This is home office words not mine, so place your self in the shoe of someone that has been waiting 3 years only to hear that a colleague got response with 6 weeks.

@ Babycakes,

whilst intentions behind your message might be different, its believed your expression might be wrong, ''we are all in this together'' and if positive results are not shared there will be no baseline to determine performance of UKBA, afterall that is what the forum is meant for.

If members on here are to go by your message, it is either nobody post their success/positive turn around stories here any longer or you create a new forum stating its meant for old FLR(O) applications only.

I totally share views with Cookies and also appreciate your emotions,but it would be better we use adverse energy towards UKBA and not ourselves on here, we are ALL in this together and together we shall ALL receive positive good news soon (Amen!!!).

Please continue to be strong, rejoice with people that have good news to post, fecilitate with contrary and compare how good results was achieved to advise new members on here how lessons learnt could help future applicants.

Please let us all remain ONE and GOD will nourish our joy/happiness soon.

Thanks.
This thread was designed for the old applications,and has been so since last year, why should this be moved?

As I said before lets here from those who has been waiting for a considerable length of time, that's was why this thread was created.(Back in 2012) ie different rules different turn around times
To assume that I don't want to hear any success story us ridiculous why can't people read and comprehend before posting idiotic comments?
Anyways my point is the time frame will no longer provides value since rules has changed ie the agency has been scrapped.

It might be a very good idea however for a thread for such applications be created. New ( flro applications) that way new applicants will benefit from that thread and old applicants here posting from last yr will continue to benefit.

Its no point sharing timeline on this thread when the rules has been changed. It like comparing orange with banana. :-)

I hope my point is understood.
this group is for FLR(O) discretionary leave waiting time, and all posts either old OR new should be posted on here, this actually widens members experience of what exactly is happening, you do not have to respond to posts from applications with swift turn around but rather attend to the ones you feel comfortable with.

I have seen forums with very old outstanding applications where new applicants have joined and add values / improvement to cause of long waiting members (it is called ''lessons learnt'') and infact we have recently seen legacy applications approved after 3 years waiting, shared stories based on this have helped new applicants prepare fully well for UKBA.

Please, feel free to create a new forum for legacy applications if you feel no longer comfortable on here, but I do not think any member with FLR(O) applications should for any reason be discouraged from posting here.

Good news shall be ours either legacy or new applications and this will be soon. Amen!!! :) 8)
The idea of new " THREAD" was yours please remember, as I said you need to read and comprehend because we seem not to be addressing the same issue.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 am

GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:
Chidy wrote:I would like to ask you to be patient. The UKBA is under tremendous pressure. They do have to start somewhere. First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO), they have to answer us, we pay for it and we could ask them at some point to refund our fee for taking unnecessary long time to deal with our case. They used to take years to make decision, not any more. I know many of us are very anxious but there is no reason to be depressed. I lost my job because of the delay. But I am still waiting, hoping they will send me a decision. I hope you all calm down and wait patiently for the answer.
Wait patiently? Are you serious have you seen dispatches ukba under cover?
Ukba/ home office are in competent the fees keeps rising then services deteriorate, cant you see we aren't been treated fairy here? How many Waite for years only to get a refusal letter. Lives are being placed on hold we are human, application as far as 15 years are still outstanding. They are under pressure whose fault is that,cutting staff then recruiting temporary workers at minimum wage to clear the back log. This system is broken an needs fixing processing new application at the detriment of the old is not the way to go. It just show how crazy these people are.
I agree with u babycakes. But what I noticed about this people getting there leave quicker is because they made an in time application( not overstaying). Anyway your time is coming. The last correspondence my Mp had with the HO is that they are going to make a decision by summer. So between now and August.

I made a in time application and still waiting its nearly 8 months now since ive send in for my extension

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 9:24 am

sanny26 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:
Chidy wrote:I would like to ask you to be patient. The UKBA is under tremendous pressure. They do have to start somewhere. First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO), they have to answer us, we pay for it and we could ask them at some point to refund our fee for taking unnecessary long time to deal with our case. They used to take years to make decision, not any more. I know many of us are very anxious but there is no reason to be depressed. I lost my job because of the delay. But I am still waiting, hoping they will send me a decision. I hope you all calm down and wait patiently for the answer.
Ukba/ home office are in competent the fees keeps rising then services deteriorate, cant you see we aren't been treated fairy here? How many Waite for years only to get a refusal letter. Lives are being placed on hold we are human, application as far as 15 years are still outstanding. They are under pressure whose fault is that,cutting staff then recruiting temporary workers at minimum wage to clear the back log. This system is broken an needs fixing processing new application at the detriment of the old is not the way to go. It just show how crazy these people are.
I agree with u babycakes. But what I noticed about this people getting there leave quicker is because they made an in time application( not overstaying). Anyway your time is coming. The last correspondence my Mp had with the HO is that they are going to make a decision by summer. So between now and August.

I made a in time application and still waiting its nearly 8 months now since ive send in for my extension

Did you get an answer from your mp?

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 am

No one is being jealous of you Hon.

A little empathy towards people who have been waiting for so long wont make you less of who you are.

Congratulations and God bless you...

God's speed for all of us who are still in wait. We will not wait in vain,amen.

P.S I made an in time application as well.

Procrastinator wrote:
cookies wrote: Hi Babycakes,

I understand your distress, however I don't believe people who are getting a decision quickly are bragging or wanting to intentionally upset others, I just truly believe they are surprised and happy and wish to share with the forum. I mean, after all, that's what this forum is about "FLR(O) waiting times and timelines..." We will all get a decision sooner or later, but I'm still open and happy for those who do get it faster, we must not lose hope and keep strong. =x
Thanks for the good wishes cookies... and I respect your thoughts... I'd have wished and celebrated other peoples' success just as you are doing for mine... unfortunately, some people are jealous, just because their decision have not been made on their applications yet.

I wish you hear a good news from UKBA very soon.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 am

mummytwo wrote:No one is being jealous of you Hon.

A little empathy towards people who have been waiting for so long wont make you less of who you are.

Procrastinator wrote:

Thanks for the good wishes cookies... and I respect your thoughts... I'd have wished and celebrated other peoples' success just as you are doing for mine... unfortunately, some people are jealous, just because their decision have not been made on their applications yet.

we're all human. its only natural that when you wait in a queue for a long time, then you see lots of people walk past you to the front you'll get distressed about it. However im not blaming the applicants but the ukba, they are just sharing their good news. Like ive said in a previous post i think ukba are just processing new applications quicker to skew the statistics and make their average processing times look better.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 22, 2013 10:35 am

egoneo wrote:
mummytwo wrote:No one is being jealous of you Hon.

Procrastinator wrote:

we're all human. its only natural that when you wait in a queue for a long time, then you see lots of people walk past you to the front you'll get distressed about it. However im not blaming the applicants but the ukba, they are just sharing their good news. Like ive said in a previous post i think ukba are just processing new applications quicker to skew the statistics and make their average processing times look better.
I agree with you. And for this reason you should all stop arguing with each other... Every one on here's in the same boat, no matter when their applications get approved or not. If any one wants to start pointing fingers they should do so to the ukba and not on here to each other. We all paid a fee (not the same fee) and we all have different stories, lets continue to support each other instead of creating a hostile environment - ironically right before this argument started I posted saying how this thread was the most supportive and friendly than all others. Let's keep it that way for the sake of our sanity! We all love this thread and I for one will still share the outcome of my application on here whether the decision be made in 5 years - 3 years - 1 year or a month - whether it be successful or unsuccessful. Unless a moderator comes to this thread and believes we SHOULD move to a different thread then we will.

Remember guys, it's the UKBA who is responsible for the waiting times. No one applied first or last to intentionally annoy others LOL... let's all be friends again and continue supporting each other! :) e-hugs to all
Last edited by cookies on Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

shea
Newly Registered

Post by shea » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

Everybody just need to take a chill pill.
Yes people that have been waiting for months or years will be pissed at ukba for granting new applicants while they continue to wait. It's only natural, if all you new applicants were in their shoes you will feel the same.
Babycakes wasn't jealous of new applicants being granted but rather I think she is venting her anger towards ukba.

One thing that do piss me off about some new applicant is that I feel some people only joined to flaunt how quickly they were granted to people who have been waiting for years e.g people with one post claiming they have been granted, meaning they have been coming to this forum since they applied or before but couldn't be bothered to share their stories but look at other people stories but once they are granted then they join to gloat. This is just my observation I might be wrong though.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 am

shea wrote:Everybody just need to take a chill pill.
Yes people that have been waiting for months or years will be pissed at ukba for granting new applicants while they continue to wait. It's only natural, if all you new applicants were in their shoes you will feel the same.
Babycakes wasn't jealous of new applicants being granted but rather I think she is venting her anger towards ukba.

One thing that do piss me off about some new applicant is that I feel some people only joined to flaunt how quickly they were granted to people who have been waiting for years e.g people with one post claiming they have been granted, meaning they have been coming to this forum since they applied or before but couldn't be bothered to share their stories but look at other people stories but once they are granted then they join to gloat. This is just my observation I might be wrong though.
My views exactly which isn't very nice.We are already pissed have been waiting for months n yrs and to make matters worst our applications are being swept under the carpet, to prioritise. Who wouldn't be annoyed.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Yes I did. Ukba sent a letter to my Mp which she sent to me. She has contacted them again once I hear back I will update you.

Godgives

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed May 22, 2013 11:13 am

you won't be able to understand someones untill you're in their shoes

just imagine waiting for over a year for a decision on your application. You cant work, travel, dont have access to benefits. you're just at home everyday and feel like you are going insane with each passing day. you listen for sounds of the postman maybe coming to deliver your decision letter. etc.

then you hear of someone who's received a decision in 6 weeks. I am completely supportive and understanding of anyone who decides to lash out as a knee jerk reaction, because i know they are only doing it out of frustration. We should continue to understand and support the people who have been waiting for years for their decision. its a big ask to ask anyone in their situation to be remain calm and patient.

shea
Newly Registered

Post by shea » Wed May 22, 2013 11:21 am

egoneo wrote:you won't be able to understand someones untill you're in their shoes

just imagine waiting for over a year for a decision on your application. You cant work, travel, dont have access to benefits. you're just at home everyday and feel like you are going insane with each passing day. you listen for sounds of the postman maybe coming to deliver your decision letter. etc.

then you hear of someone who's received a decision in 6 weeks. I am completely supportive and understanding of anyone who decides to lash out as a knee jerk reaction, because i know they are only doing it out of frustration. We should continue to understand and support the people who have been waiting for years for their decision. its a big ask to ask anyone in their situation to be remain calm and patient.
Preach!!!

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 11:56 am

egoneo wrote:you won't be able to understand someones untill you're in their shoes

Your post made me smile, I saw the postman coming on Monday sat patiently only to see him walked straight pass my door and went to the niegbours .

:D can you imagine. Oh my god help us while we are at the mercy of those incompetent fools.

13 months and counting for an in time flro extension .

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:02 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Nope still waiting to hear from him he contacted ukba 23rd april

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 pm

sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

I
My mp contacted them on the 24th April still no response
Let hope home office stick to thier words and release us by summer.

Mind you deadline was dec12 them March 31 now summer.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 pm

shea wrote:Everybody just need to take a chill pill.

I agree with u hun 100%

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:14 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

I

Apparently they take 6 to 8 weeks to reply to mp.... My mp ask them to decide my application without no further delay so im waiting to see what ukba got to say

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 pm

sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

I

Apparently they take 6 to 8 weeks to reply to mp.... My mp ask them to decide my application without no further delay so im waiting to see what ukba got to say
Good luck with that babe it's long over due now.If flro can be decided in as little as 2 weeks while the long wait she they are taking the piss.
Fingers cross all will be well for us all.

zed78
Newly Registered

Post by zed78 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Does the English language requirement have to be satisfied for extension of D/L if you are not applying as a parent of a child in the UK?

bagaja
Newly Registered

hi all......

Post by bagaja » Wed May 22, 2013 4:17 pm

my time line is i applied for flro on 16th/08/2012 before my 5 year residence card expire .
biomatrics done 19/02/2013
since then nothing heard.....

the ukba stop me from working when i applied for the flro my argument was i applied within my previous visa duration but they said u were given residence card and when u want to switch to flro i am not allowed to work untill my application is decided. my solicitor as well no idea how this happen and now kept quite. my employment has finished 8 months ago i used all my saving until now i have two british kids and my wife portuguese still together for the last 6 year .now i have nothing to feed my kids and i cant apply to public fund i lost hope and thinking silly things which i cant mention here but hope u will understand my feelings my mp as well did nothing and just to aware before flro i applied for permanent residence but refused becuz my wife was house wife .she did,t work but we did,t claim any single penny from public fund but ukba refused me then my lawyer said go for flro..
very very stressfull as i have to vacent the house due to not paying the rent.
where i will take my kids dont know what to do..
I call ukba they say my application is pending i beg them to allow me to work
untill my decision come becuz my 3 year & 7 months kids will starve due to no food but the lady laugh and say this is not our problem..
tell me guys wat should i do now ...

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Update

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi everyone

Just got a call from my solicitor that UKBA called her now to apologised for the delay in making a decision on my application.
They said they've called my house 3 times today which is true cos I was out and saw 3 missed calls on my home phone.

I also had a call this afternoon from a blocked number but declined in answering as I thought it was a marketing call.

Fingers crossed I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Goodluck to us all!!!!

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Wed May 22, 2013 4:54 pm

[quote="egoneo"]you won't be able to understand someones untill you're in their shoes

then you hear of someone who's received a decision in 6 weeks. I am completely supportive and understanding of anyone who decides to lash out as a knee jerk reaction, because i know they are only doing it out of frustration. We should continue to understand and support the people who have been waiting for years for their decision. its a big ask to ask anyone in their situation to be remain calm and patient.[/quote]

I am 100% understand your feeling. I do feel insane everyday, and I dont think I can wait anymore. I starting doubt is it worth to wait like this. We waist our life to wait for a unknown result. I going to be crash. really want to get my passport back now.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:59 pm

[quote="Time503"]Hi everyone

Just got a call from my solicitor that UKBA called her now to apologised for the delay in making a decision on my application.
They said they've called my house 3 times today which is true cos I was out and saw 3 missed calls on my home phone.

I also had a call this afternoon from a blocked number but declined in answering as I thought it was a marketing call.

Goodluck to us all!!!![/quo

Hoping u get good news...xx

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 pm

cutepanda wrote:

I am 100% understand your feeling. I do feel insane everyday, and I dont think I can wait anymore. I starting doubt is it worth to wait like this. We waist our life to wait for a unknown result. I going to be crash. really want to get my passport back now.

Thats exactly how i feel,this whole long waiting can really mess with your mental state if your not strong,they messing with people life here.....

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Time503 wrote:Hi everyone

Goodluck to us all!!!!
Did the Ukba say anything else apart from apologise for the delay in your application?
Godgives