ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

worried1

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by worried1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:11 am

I just want to know, after how long will i hear anything from the
Courts.
Appeal was done December 2015
Money was taken out in January 2016

We have done a paper hearing, as they believed the
Relationship was genuin, but some paperwork was missing
Which they could have asked for
All the paperwork that was missing, was all
Added in for the appeal

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

worried1 wrote:I just want to know, after how long will i hear anything from the
Courts.
Appeal was done December 2015
Money was taken out in January 2016

We have done a paper hearing, as they believed the
Relationship was genuin, but some paperwork was missing
Which they could have asked for
All the paperwork that was missing, was all
Added in for the appeal
Your review deadline should be around 15 weeks from the date of appealing. If the ECM is satisfied with the additional evidence and your grounds of appeal, your spouse should receive call letter to submit passport. But it seems that they are taking much longer than these 15 weeks. You should receive pending date in the next month or so.

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:32 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:@binubinu
Any goodnews sister ?
No nothing yet, they said they will notify me of a decision within a few days so I'm thinking of emailing them on Monday 22nd, that gives them a whole week to decide.
2nd Visa Application: 23/04/2015
Visa Refused: 07/09/2015
Appealed Lodged: 30/09/2015
Review Deadline: 15/02/2016
Review Overturned: 22/02/2016
Call in letter received via email: 21/03/2016
Passport submitted to VAC Islamabad: 07/04/2016

amsterdam
Newly Registered

Post by amsterdam » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:33 pm

dcfitness wrote:
rosie.x wrote:Salam all!!
Alhamdulilah the decision on our refusal has been over turned.
Below are the dates just to give others an idea.

Had to pay the IHS again. Reapplied on visa4uk. Complete the form made all the payments again user fees and IHS. (User fees will be refunded)
This creates a new GWF which i had to email to them.

Then had to go for biometrics again as previous one expired.

Decision overturned email- 20/01/16
Review deadline - 15/02/16
IHS required email - 28/01/16
Call in letter&call - 04/02/16
Biometrics - 9/02/16
Passport submitted - 10/02/16
WAITING FOR CALL TO COLLECT.

Refused based on Cambridge english test.

Hope everyone recieves good news inshallah khayr.

W salam,

Congrats. Did they send u email and asked u to pay IHS fee again? Can you please give me their email address? Thanks

The reason for asking this is because they refunded me IHS fee when my case was refused. I got my decision overturned on 1st feb 2016 then I received the call in letter after 3 days but they did not ask for IHS fee. Gerrys had no idea either how they will take this payment. I submitted my passport yesterday along with tb test and call in letter. Please send me the email you received asking for IHS fee if you can. JazakAllah
salaam dcfitness

congrats and alhamdolillah on getting your visa allowed. same situation with my mrs - appeal was allowed, call letter recieved and we submitted passport on 4th feb but haven't heard back yet....do you know the timescales (my wife didn;t bother asking!) of when we can expect them back?

amsterdam
Newly Registered

Post by amsterdam » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:35 pm

rosie.x wrote:I must mention that @raymandosnr has been a great help throughout this process.
May Allah swt reward you for your help and efforts.

@stillwaiting your always in my duas. Especially for the sake of ur little boy. I pray that your spouse will join you soon inshallah.

And just to mention ive had an email stating my user fees will be refunded.
salaam rosie.x

congrats and alhamdolillah on getting your visa allowed.

i'm asking the same question i asked to dcfitness as you are in the same boat as me (i would have pm'd you but apparently i'm not allowed to :S)..anyway my appeal was allowed too, call letter recieved and we submitted passport on 4th feb - do you know when they'll be coming back?

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm

@amsterdam
Brother it will usually take 10 working days or 2 to 3 weeks
max.
Could u please share ur refusal points?
Did BHC overturned it or u won at court ? What was ur deadline date ; is it in February ?
Ur reply is much appreciated and it will guide a lot users here.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 am

Aoa to All members,

Well I am so happy for some of the good news came recently on the forum, I am continuously and quietly following the forum and once again whenever I see a new member adding to this thread I feel like crying.

@stillwaiting I just came back from Umrah in Jan me and my wife went to perform Umrah I prayed a lot for every one. I would say you are very lucky at least you have got a court date to hands to look forward to I know that you are going to re apply all of my heartiest prayers are with you.

I have tried my MP, did every thing still I dont even have a court date dont know what shall I say to my wife now as its been nearly 4 years now that we got married I am mostly speechless in front of my wife now my heart bleeds tears are dried out keep praying for this dont know how long more I have to bare this un bearable pain my wife keeps asking me the same question that why I am punishing her what's her fault I am seriously thinking to give up and go back to Pakistan now I am living here on my own any ways so probably will make things better for us at least but the fear of leaving my job and the fear of not getting a good one in Pakistan just kills me more and more from inside.

Good luck to every one.

Remember me in your prayers and I will also remember everyone in prayers.
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016

amsterdam
Newly Registered

Post by amsterdam » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 am

farrukh786786 wrote:@amsterdam
max.
Did BHC overturned it or u won at court ? What was ur deadline date ; is it in February ?
Salaam farrukh

inshallah we get it back soon. its been too long already.

refusal point was ridiculous - they said there was a payslip missing. there wasn't!

we then applied for an oral appeal and the deadline given was 10th november 2015.

i got another letter on the 4th december 2015 with a notice of hearing (they clearly ignored the payslip at review stage as well :@)

the hearing was set for 13th january 2016. we did all the preparation work for the appeal and then on the 8th january 2016 we get a letter to say the decision had been overturned (or words to that effect)

you have no idea how p***** off i was at them! if i didn't know any better i would say they do this to aggravate people and discourage them from applying.

what's even more grating was the fact that I was considering doing a paper appeal. had I done so I would have been back to square one. it was lucky it was going to go to a judge so I guess they would have had no way to weasel out of issuing the visa at that point....

the call in letter was received by the mrs on the 25th january 2016 and passport was submitted on 4th feb (she had to re-do tb test as it had expired)

I can only hope that other brothers and sisters on here do not go through the palaver that I have had too.

everyone, keep strong. it will work out in the end inshallah and I will keep you in my duas.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:42 am

amsterdam wrote:
max.
Salaam farrukh

refusal point was ridiculous - they said there was a payslip missing. there wasn't!

we then applied for an oral appeal and the deadline given was 10th november 2015.

hi what do you mean if you did a paper hearing that you would have been back to square one
I have done a paper hearing as there was nothing to prove just some missing paper work
thankyou
i got another letter on the 4th december 2015 with a notice of hearing (they clearly ignored the payslip at review stage as well :@)

the hearing was set for 13th january 2016. we did all the preparation work for the appeal and then on the 8th january 2016 we get a letter to say the decision had been overturned (or words to that effect)

you have no idea how p***** off i was at them! if i didn't know any better i would say they do this to aggravate people and discourage them from applying.

what's even more grating was the fact that I was considering doing a paper appeal. had I done so I would have been back to square one. it was lucky it was going to go to a judge so I guess they would have had no way to weasel out of issuing the visa at that point....

the call in letter was received by the mrs on the 25th january 2016 and passport was submitted on 4th feb (she had to re-do tb test as it had expired)

I can only hope that other brothers and sisters on here do not go through the palaver that I have had too.

everyone, keep strong. it will work out in the end inshallah and I will keep you in my duas.

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 am

amsterdam wrote:
dcfitness wrote:
rosie.x wrote:Salam all!!
Alhamdulilah the decision on our refusal has been over turned.
Below are the dates just to give others an idea.

Had to pay the IHS again. Reapplied on visa4uk. Complete the form made all the payments again user fees and IHS. (User fees will be refunded)
This creates a new GWF which i had to email to them.

Then had to go for biometrics again as previous one expired.

Decision overturned email- 20/01/16
Review deadline - 15/02/16
IHS required email - 28/01/16
Call in letter&call - 04/02/16
Biometrics - 9/02/16
Passport submitted - 10/02/16
WAITING FOR CALL TO COLLECT.

Refused based on Cambridge english test.

Hope everyone recieves good news inshallah khayr.

W salam,

Congrats. Did they send u email and asked u to pay IHS fee again? Can you please give me their email address? Thanks

The reason for asking this is because they refunded me IHS fee when my case was refused. I got my decision overturned on 1st feb 2016 then I received the call in letter after 3 days but they did not ask for IHS fee. Gerrys had no idea either how they will take this payment. I submitted my passport yesterday along with tb test and call in letter. Please send me the email you received asking for IHS fee if you can. JazakAllah
salaam dcfitness

congrats and alhamdolillah on getting your visa allowed. same situation with my mrs - appeal was allowed, call letter recieved and we submitted passport on 4th feb but haven't heard back yet....do you know the timescales (my wife didn;t bother asking!) of when we can expect them back?
W salaam,

Thanks and congrats to you too. Have you paid your IHS fee again before submitting the passport and call in letter? Did you receive any email asking to pay your IHS? I don't know because when I received the phone call from BHC Islamabad I did asked them and they said it will take 7-10 working days but looking at few people's timeline it took around 3 weeks and sometimes 23 or 25 days. I have not received any email yet asking for IHS. I enquired on UKVI through email but no response yet then I rang them on the number that charges you 1.37 pounds a minute and they told me that you can make the payment on visa4uk website from your old account but I am waiting for their email because they have asked @rosie.x and @raymandosnr to create a new account on visa4uk and make payment. Really realllyyyy confused.com atm dont know what to do at this stage. To wait for the email or make the payment myself :?

worried1

Post by worried1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:04 am

amsterdam wrote:
max.
Salaam farrukh

Hi
We have done the paper appeal as my spouse from
Pakistan is doing it
They believe the reletionship is genuin
But some paperwork is missing
But all the paper work is added in the appeal
Does the paper appeal go to the judge to
Thanks

amsterdam
Newly Registered

Post by amsterdam » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:24 am

W salam,

The reason for asking this is because they refunded me IHS fee when my case was refused. I got my decision overturned on 1st feb 2016 then I received the call in letter after 3 days but they did not ask for IHS fee. Gerrys had no idea either how they will take this payment. I submitted my passport yesterday along with tb test and call in letter. Please send me the email you received asking for IHS fee if you can. JazakAllah[/quote]

salaam dcfitness

congrats and alhamdolillah on getting your visa allowed. same situation with my mrs - appeal was allowed, call letter recieved and we submitted passport on 4th feb but haven't heard back yet....do you know the timescales (my wife didn;t bother asking!) of when we can expect them back?[/quote]

W salaam,

Thanks and congrats to you too. Have you paid your IHS fee again before submitting the passport and call in letter? Did you receive any email asking to pay your IHS? I don't know because when I received the phone call from BHC Islamabad I did asked them and they said it will take 7-10 working days but looking at few people's timeline it took around 3 weeks and sometimes 23 or 25 days. I have not received any email yet asking for IHS. I enquired on UKVI through email but no response yet then I rang them on the number that charges you 1.37 pounds a minute and they told me that you can make the payment on visa4uk website from your old account but I am waiting for their email because they have asked @rosie.x and @raymandosnr to create a new account on visa4uk and make payment. Really realllyyyy confused.com atm dont know what to do at this stage. To wait for the email or make the payment myself :?[/quote]

i didn't have to pay ihs fee as i applied in march before the fees were imposed.

i think you should be proactive and just set up a new account to make the payment. i doubt the instructions they send to you would be any different than those given to rosie/raymondosnr. but it might be an idea to make the payment on a credit card if you can. if the email is stuck somewhere and they forgot to send it then at least you have done your bit. any problems further down the line and you can just do a chargeback.....

amsterdam
Newly Registered

Post by amsterdam » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 am

worried1 wrote:
amsterdam wrote:
max.
Salaam farrukh

Hi
We have done the paper appeal as my spouse from
Pakistan is doing it
They believe the reletionship is genuin
But some paperwork is missing
But all the paper work is added in the appeal
Does the paper appeal go to the judge to
Thanks
Hi

there are two types of appeal.

paper and oral. (the latter is sixty pounds more I think)

if you opted for paper then the appeal goes to a entry clearance manager - this is the next level up from entry clearance officer. he will review the information and if he decides it fits the bill, will allow your appeal. if he decides not to, then this goes no further and you are, to put it bluntly, back to where you started.

however, if you opted for oral appeal, the above steps are still taken, however if the ecm decides to refuse, then the appeal goes before a judge.

hope that clears it up....

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:39 am

It's always best to go for a oral hearing, the ECO and ECM are both on the same side. The judge is independent. My wife's visa was refused, upheld in review, granted in oral court hearing.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:59 am

MGH wrote:It's always best to go for a oral hearing, the ECO and ECM are both on the same side. The judge is independent. My wife's visa was refused, upheld in review, granted in oral court hearing.
Sometimes there are reasons why an oral hearing
Cannot happen and paper hearing has to be done
At the end its ALLAH will whatevr happens
But i wanted to ask that all these appeal mashALLAH
Are being allowed and it feels good to read this.
Have any appeals whether paper or oral
Been refused
I pray we all sucseed in being reunited with our loved
Ones AMEEN

TahirBFD
Newly Registered

Post by TahirBFD » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:25 am

Assalamualaykum
My review date coming up 22nd Feb 16

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:42 am

TahirBFD wrote:Assalamualaykum
My review date coming up 22nd Feb 16
Wasalaam, please post your refusal reasons and timeline to help other users on the forum

TahirBFD
Newly Registered

Post by TahirBFD » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:53 am

Applied: May 2015
Refused: September 2015
Appealed: November 2015
Review Date: 22 Feb 2016

Grounds of Refusal:

1) 6th Wage Slip not matching bank transfer (underpaid by 20pence)

2) 2 x payments had my employers name as a reference on my bank statement - they thought payments were made from a personal bank account

Reasoning and Evidence Provided for Appeal
1) 20p difference was due to April being month of TAX return hence they failed t0 realise changes to my salary

2) Payments made under Directors personal name was just a reference but the payment was actually made from companies business account (confirmation letter from bank was given)

3) Since the start of my job the total difference between wage slips and bank transfer was £33.04. A separate payment of which was paid into my account

If anyone out there has been in a similar situation please help me

JazakAllah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:59 am

[quote="TahirBFD"]Applied: May 2015
Refused: September 2015
Appealed: November 2015
Review Date: 22 Feb 2016

Grounds of Refusal:

1) 6th Wage Slip not matching bank transfer (underpaid by 20pence)

2) 2 x payments had my employers name as a reference on my bank statement - they thought payments were made from a personal bank account

Reasoning and Evidence Provided for Appeal
1) 20p difference was due to April being month of TAX return hence they failed t0 realise changes to my salary

2) Payments made under Directors personal name was just a reference but the payment was actually made from companies business account (confirmation letter from bank was given)

3) Since the start of my job the total difference between wage slips and bank transfer was £33.04. A separate payment of which was paid into my account

If anyone out there has been in a similar situation please help me

Any kind of discrepancy between wage slip and payment into bank is a serious problem, the rules clearly state that all wage slips and payments must match, there is no evidential flexibility. May Allah help you

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 pm

What r peoples thoughts on priority service with 3rd application??

A girl today got her visa in 1 month & 9 days (2nd application)
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:05 pm

[quote="stillwaiting123"]What r peoples thoughts on priority service with 3rd application??

A girl today got her visa in 1 month & 9 days (2nd application

£360 extra for priority service, a bit steep don't you think
Last edited by MGH on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 pm

MGH wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:What r peoples thoughts on priority service with 3rd application??

A girl today got her visa in 1 month & 9 days (2nd application)
Don't think priority service operates in pakistan
It does now! £360 extra

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

TahirBFD
Newly Registered

Post by TahirBFD » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Im thinking of withdrawing my appeal after the review (if decision not overturned) and go for a fresh new application

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:30 pm

TahirBFD wrote:Im thinking of withdrawing my appeal after the review (if decision not overturned) and go for a fresh new application
Best way!!!! And use priority service much quicker than 12 weeks takes about 5 weeks but cost £360 extra

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 pm

@MGH
brother no its not a serious issue as I've this same refusal as my employer had paid me gross income in one bank statement but I had refunded the extra amount very next day to my company .But my solicitor was failed to provide explanation of this.
So even on my refusal letter ;ECO asked for explaination for this discrepency .If you have solid proofs of company's administrative error then u will be Fine @tahir brother.

I have seen alot of refusals got overturned with strong employers confirming their error.
Even @maryam2011 had payslip date issue and she provided letter in court and home office was happy with that.
In my refusal letter ECO clearly said u should explain for this.
Hope you will get it overturned pretty soon.
In sha Allah.