ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brainy
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Brainy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Hello,
I applied for naturalisaion in November 2015 . I asked ukvi through my local mp about the statues of my applicaiton and they replied back in april telling me that checks are not completed soon thy get it they will consider my application but never heard anyting for 7 monhts.
After waiting of over 7 months i emailed UKVI compalint department and also asked mp to fllow up for me . In april ukvi told me that checks are
Today I received an email form complaint told me that checks still not complete yet so application still same stage i should contact them about the status of application.

BUT I also received a seperate letter Dated 24/06/16 from ukvi stating that 'naturalisation application remains under ACTIVE CONSIDERATION' and they will let me know soon the decision is made.
not sure under active consideration means here . does it means they got the cheks and considering to make a deciosn or it means the applicaiotn is in process ?
anyone else has received same sorta communication form ukvi? anyone else waiting November applicaiton?
thnx

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Brainy wrote:Hello,
I applied for naturalisaion in November 2015 . I asked ukvi through my local mp about the statues of my applicaiton and they replied back in april telling me that checks are not completed soon thy get it they will consider my application but never heard anyting for 7 monhts.
After waiting of over 7 months i emailed UKVI compalint department and also asked mp to fllow up for me . In april ukvi told me that checks are
Today I received an email form complaint told me that checks still not complete yet so application still same stage i should contact them about the status of application.

BUT I also received a seperate letter Dated 24/06/16 from ukvi stating that 'naturalisation application remains under ACTIVE CONSIDERATION' and they will let me know soon the decision is made.
not sure under active consideration means here . does it means they got the cheks and considering to make a deciosn or it means the applicaiotn is in process ?
anyone else has received same sorta communication form ukvi? anyone else waiting November applicaiton?
thnx
I'm in the same situation - waiting since August.

I received the exactly same letter dated 24 June with same wording. It also had a reference: D56 - 365 what does your say. As I think D56 is department 56 - it says on the letter. And 365 could be caseworker number. Let me know what your says.

It's either they have started to look into our applications or it's a generic computer generated letter.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:50 pm

malik15 wrote:
Brainy wrote:Hello,

thnx

I received the exactly same letter dated 24 June with same wording. It also had a reference: D56 - 365 what does your say. As I think D56 is department 56 - it says on the letter. And 365 could be caseworker number. Let me know what your says.

It's either they have started to look into our applications or it's a generic computer generated letter.
----
hell mate
My letter says D56-499 I hope its not the gerneric letter but lets see. is your application straight farward . i havnen't mentioned complete work history and worked more than allowed hours while on student visa it could be reason why my application late?

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Brainy wrote:
malik15 wrote:
Brainy wrote:

----
hell mate
My letter says D56-499 I hope its not the gerneric letter but lets see. is your application straight farward . i havnen't mentioned complete work history and worked more than allowed hours while on student visa it could be reason why my application late?
No, never work more than allowed. I only worked during some summer holidays. Never been self employed no pending tax etc.

Letter was sent on 24 June but I only received it yesterday. It's been two weeks from the date of letter so it doesn't like like someone is looking at it as it shouldn't take that long for case worker to process it. 365 could be letter number :(

It's been a very frustrating experience.

Is there anyone else who received similar letter recently or in the past? There are a few others waiting so it would be good to know if they have received anything.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Guys, I am in the same situation but probably worst then you guys. I applied in April 2015 still waiting. I received the same letter you guys has got. Number on my letter is D56-167. I think its sequential number for those who are still waiting.

I don't think we have any chance for approvals. Don't know, too depressed.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:19 pm

@ malik and irl 20..,
lets hop things are ok. it not only depressing but also annoying when one just wanna know the outcome of the application . I really dont hold much hops but I am looking forward for a decision regardless of good or bad outcome.
I received letter dated 24/06 yesterday . and also received an email 06/06 stating that my checks are still incomplete and soon they receive them they will be able to make a decision.

so they giving me two contradictory informations . so i believe they just drop those emails and letter without knowing the actual stutus of the application.
plus I had a look freedom of infomation page( just google FOI and at the page in a search box type naturalisation you will see a lots of inforamtion regarding the requests and responses) that there were 2300 applicant still waiting who applied in nov 2015.
yesterday i requested SAR to see overview of my case dont know if they respond quickly or not? i might withdraw the applicaiton if i found anyting suspecious on SAR as refusal may cause delays and stops at the ports anytime i travel.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Brainy wrote:@ malik and irl 20..,
lets hop things are ok. it not only depressing but also annoying when one just wanna know the outcome of the application . I really dont hold much hops but I am looking forward for a decision regardless of good or bad outcome.
I received letter dated 24/06 yesterday . and also received an email 06/06 stating that my checks are still incomplete and soon they receive them they will be able to make a decision.

so they giving me two contradictory informations . so i believe they just drop those emails and letter without knowing the actual stutus of the application.
plus I had a look freedom of infomation page( just google FOI and at the page in a search box type naturalisation you will see a lots of inforamtion regarding the requests and responses) that there were 2300 applicant still waiting who applied in nov 2015.
yesterday i requested SAR to see overview of my case dont know if they respond quickly or not? i might withdraw the applicaiton if i found anyting suspecious on SAR as refusal may cause delays and stops at the ports anytime i travel.
sorry received email on 06/07/15 not 06/06.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 am

Brainy wrote:
Brainy wrote:@ malik and irl 20..,

sorry received email on 06/07/15 not 06/06.
It seems like it's a sequential number as April is the lowest, August in the middle be than November the highest. And it was me hoping it's getting sorted.

Any senior members who can shed any light on this?

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Dear all,

I am filling in the form and I would appreciate some advice

1. I made on the 29 July a SAR request to know the exact date I acquired PR. How long does it usually take? I came to UK in sept 2010 but started to work only in december 2010. I needed a work permit so I came in Sep but waited for my employer to apply and then I applied myself and got it and started to work only in Dec. o I am not sure if I should apply in Sep or Dec for naturalisation.

2. I don't need to put on the form the address of the city council if is the one in the city I live .How does this work? When you receive the letter of approval does HO contact the city council or you need to contact them ?
This means I should not move from this address.

Thanks

track4t1
Newly Registered

Post by track4t1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:15 pm

nim110 wrote:Hello

I have applied for BC Using NCS back in Feb 2015 and still waiting, contacted HO three times and received call saying under consideration! married to Spouse of BC , been to uk for just over 10 years, days of absents no more than 40 days.

I have sent my passpost to them back in Agust 2015 and been without.

Decided to contact local MP and sent her an email.

waiting!

Last time I have tried to enter UK they have stopped me and wanted to cancell my ILR!!! my wife and childrens all have british passpots! they entered and they kept me for 30 minutes and then call me saying all okay and stamped the entry , tried to asked what s wrong he just said nothing!!!

just wanted to share, Love to go to holiday !!!
Hi, I have been asked to send my passports as well...i was just wondering did you not raise a request for return of your Passport. i am planing to raise a request and see how it goes...thanks.

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Can the members please udate the spreadsheet with Approvals and other milesones?

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:26 pm

avimanyu_sengupta wrote:Can the members please udate the spreadsheet with Approvals and other milesones?

Great jobs! Really gives me a better idea of the process since I am working on filling in my AN form. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:43 pm

LoryAndra wrote:
avimanyu_sengupta wrote:Can the members please udate the spreadsheet with Approvals and other milesones?

Great jobs! Really gives me a better idea of the process since I am working on filling in my AN form. Thanks!
Members are reminded that the google.docs spreadsheet is not endorsed, controlled, administered by or in any way part of immigrationboards.com and any members that post in there do so at their own risk.

immigrationboards.com has specific monthly timeline threads for the purpose of applications/updates and progress.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

engr_java
Newly Registered

Post by engr_java » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:39 am

Dear all :)

I have a question regarding English language requirement for the UK Naturalization application (FORM AN).

I came to UK in June 2010 on Tier 2 visa, at that time I fulfilled the english language requirement by passing an IELTS test.

In June 2013, I was granted three years extension on my Tier 2 visa, at that time I fulfilled the English language requirement by specifying in the form 'Evidence submitted in previous application'.

In June 2015, I was granted ILR and at that time I was again able to use my original IELTS test as evidence of English language requirement.

Now I have preparing to apply for the Naturalization application, my question can I still use my original IELTS test (even though it is expired) as evidence of English language requirement?

Can I simply select the following option in the AN form?

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013"

I am sure there will be people who were in a similar situation like me, your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading the question.

Thank you

Regards
Jawad

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:14 am

engr_java wrote: Now I have preparing to apply for the Naturalization application, my question can I still use my original IELTS test (even though it is expired) as evidence of English language requirement?

Can I simply select the following option in the AN form?

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013"
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html

Read Q's 5 & 9

track4t1
Newly Registered

Post by track4t1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 pm

track4t1 wrote:Hi,

Just checking if any one has been requested for Original Passports in spite of attending NCS
Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK test plus UK Degree Certificate
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - Hamilton
Date of application: 30/03/2016
Payment method: Credit Card
Date money gone off account: 22/04/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 25/04/2016 dated 22/04/2016
Biometrics done: 25/04/2016
HO Requested for Original Documents: for Passports both Old & New letter dated on 15/06/2016
Original Documents letter received : 17/06/2016 with deadline for submission by 29th June 2016
Original Documents : delivered to HO by royal mail on 20/06/2016 ( only passports)

Not sure why they requested for the passports..i am just assuming it may be because i got a new passport after my ILR but i am 100% sure that NCS has submitted photocopies of both the passports to HO.

The Letter stated
Dear xxx
I refer to your application for BC. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original docs to this office by 29 June 2016.

Your Passport xxxxx
Your Passport xxxxx

The documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation. Consequently, failure to send these documents/information by given date will result in the application being refused.

some info about royal mail and some additional info...

concluded with;
Please note that should your application for British Citizenship be successful your certificate of british citizenship will show following details:
Name: xxxx
Name at birth if different: xxxxx
DOB: xxxx
Place of Birth: xxxxx

If these details are incorrect, please inform enclosing correct evidence of the documentary evidence of the correct details.

I was looking through forums but haven't seen any case like this in this year. If any one reading this have gone through the same could you please give your timelines. Me and My Friend has applied together and he got his approval but i was asked to submit my originals...Hopefully i will get to hear them from soon. i will update with any further updates.
Many Thanks...
started to worry as it was more than 20 days since i have sent the documents...was very distressed looking at few cases who have been waiting from more than an year...I now exactly know what they are going through but my only hope was my faith in God as he promised "Come to Me, all that you are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,and I will give you Rest" Mathew 11:28 .

Finally by Gods grace the wait is over and i received my approval today 14th July 2016 in my prepaid recorded delivery envelope with both my passports and a letter stating that "the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter asking you to attend a citizenship ceremony......Please note, this is not an invitation to a ceremony. you should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation. if you have not received in 3 weeks contact e-mail address..."

sorry about a lengthy post but was trying to be as informative as i can.....all the people who have been waiting really long- please remember you guys are in my daily prayers and by the grace of God you will get to hear something very soon...all the very best to everyone

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi everyone ,

I have a query regarding my application for naturalisation. I applied for naturalisation via NCS on 25th of May 2016 and recorded my biometrics on 15th June 2016 . I have not heard from the home office after that . I am wondering if there is any way I can contact the home office regarding the status of my application . I am a bit worried . Could you please advise . Thanks very much .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Captain1 wrote:Hi everyone ,

I have a query regarding my application for naturalisation. I applied for naturalisation via NCS on 25th of May 2016 and recorded my biometrics on 15th June 2016 . I have not heard from the home office after that . I am wondering if there is any way I can contact the home office regarding the status of my application . I am a bit worried . Could you please advise . Thanks very much .
Give it a few months. My wife heard nothing whatsoever until her approval letter came (in 4 months or so).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Post by NMH2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:29 am

Hi All
Hoping to get some advise from all you helpful people.
I have been living in UK since 2003 working for all that time.
I recently received my PR Certificate YAY. Now i need to proceed with the AN Application.

I am on a Portuguese Passport and have been married since 2011. I have had difficulty with the Portuguese Consulate and have not changed my name (after trying 5 times) so my passport is still in my maiden name. I applied for my PR Certificate in my married name but this still came in my maiden name.

What i wanted to know is should i then apply for the AN in my maiden name? I know that when it comes to applying for a passport after, they will not give me the passport in my married name, even though i dont use my maiden name anymore.

Or should i try to get my Naturalisation in my married name as this is what i go by now.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 am

NMH2016 wrote:Hi All
Hoping to get some advise from all you helpful people.
I have been living in UK since 2003 working for all that time.
I recently received my PR Certificate YAY. Now i need to proceed with the AN Application.

I am on a Portuguese Passport and have been married since 2011. I have had difficulty with the Portuguese Consulate and have not changed my name (after trying 5 times) so my passport is still in my maiden name. I applied for my PR Certificate in my married name but this still came in my maiden name.

What i wanted to know is should i then apply for the AN in my maiden name? I know that when it comes to applying for a passport after, they will not give me the passport in my married name, even though i dont use my maiden name anymore.

Or should i try to get my Naturalisation in my married name as this is what i go by now.

Thanks in advance.
You must apply in the name that appears on your foreign passport. HO/HMPO will not issue documents in another name if your current passport name is different. This is to avoid people having multiple identities. See the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 83170.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Post by NMH2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Thank you CR001.

I have done the language test (in my maiden name as they would only accept Passport as ID)
and Life in the UK test in my married name.

Would that cause issues to apply for naturalisation in maiden name (all proof of residence in married name)

Also, i am married to a british citizen, would i not have to apply in my married name for naturalisation?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:06 pm

NMH2016 wrote:Thank you CR001.

I have done the language test (in my maiden name as they would only accept Passport as ID)
and Life in the UK test in my married name.

Would that cause issues to apply for naturalisation in maiden name (all proof of residence in married name)

Also, i am married to a british citizen, would i not have to apply in my married name for naturalisation?

Many thanks
You will be submitting your marriage cert, so HO will see that you are married etc. No, you should apply in the name you have on your foreign passport. If you want to apply in your married name, you will have to change your foreign passport first. Being married to a British citizen does not give any special privileges or concessions and the the same rules apply to everyone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Post by NMH2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Thank you again CR001..

Last question i promise.

If i apply in my maiden name and get a british passport in maiden name, is there a way to then change my british passport into my married name? Can i change my name by Deed Poll and get a new passport that way?

Many thanks

Natasha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:48 pm

NMH2016 wrote:Thank you again CR001..

Last question i promise.

If i apply in my maiden name and get a british passport in maiden name, is there a way to then change my british passport into my married name? Can i change my name by Deed Poll and get a new passport that way?

Many thanks

Natasha
Yes, a deed poll and then reapply for the British passport. Happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Post by NMH2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
NMH2016 wrote:Thank you again CR001..

Last question i promise.

Many thanks

Natasha
Yes, a deed poll and then reapply for the British passport. Happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
Thank you. Would i have any issues with my Life in the UK test being in my married name? Should i re-do with my maiden name?

THANK YOU AGAIN.. :)