ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jumanufer

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jumanufer » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:20 pm

D13 wrote:does anybody know, what should I do in the following case:
an approval letter is received, GNIB is sent with bank draft for €950
the GNIB is due to expire before 19th September

Do I need to go to INIS and get a new stamp in passport?
I do not think you need to do that especially if you are not flying out, but better to be safe than sorry, give them a call to confirm this

tobin
Newly Registered

Post by tobin » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

Hello,
I am going to apply for Irish Citizenship soon,I am on stamp 4Eufam. I was on holidays for 8 weeks this year. Somebody told me that you cannot submit your application because you were away more than 6 weeks this year and you have be in state 1 year continuously before you submit your application.Was somebody in same situation like me and he/she applied and got accepted?

Thanks in advance.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:01 am

tobin wrote:Hello,
I am going to apply for Irish Citizenship soon,I am on stamp 4Eufam. I was on holidays for 8 weeks this year. Somebody told me that you cannot submit your application because you were away more than 6 weeks this year and you have be in state 1 year continuously before you submit your application.Was somebody in same situation like me and he/she applied and got accepted?

Thanks in advance.
It wouldnt be a problem for the one year continuos residence. As you were just on holidays. But u have to tick YES on the question on the application that you were away for more than 6 weeks and u have to state the reason why. Just be sure its a valid reason just to be on the safe side. Goodluck!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:18 am

tobin wrote:Hello,

Thanks in advance.

As long as you have been permanent resident in the last year, you can apply. The fact that you spent 8 weeks abroad is not an impediment to apply for the naturalisation. It does not play in your favour, but be honest and upfront, tell them and also the reason and hopefully they will approve it.

Nic2cU
Newly Registered

Post by Nic2cU » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:13 am

Hi All

I applied for Irish Citizenship on DEC 2015,
Got the first letter 11/Jan/2016,
Got Approval on 01/Jul/2016,
Submit 950 Euro & 2 Color photographs wort the Reference No on the Back of Photographs and envelop & Original GNIB card on 11/Jul/2016. till now I didn't get inviting letter. But There is Citizenship Ceremony will take on 19 / Sep / 2016. I get this Ceremony date form INIS website.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:12 am

Nic2cU wrote:Hi All

Submit 950 Euro & 2 Color photographs wort the Reference No on the Back of Photographs and envelop & Original GNIB card on 11/Jul/2016. till now I didn't get inviting letter. But There is Citizenship Ceremony will take on 19 / Sep / 2016. I get this Ceremony date form INIS website.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL
Still too early to send out invitation letters. They usually send it a few weeks before the ceremony date.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

Quick update for those who are waiting for EU stamp 4. As you know i applied for Stamp 4, last year in September. Today i received a correspondence from Eu Treaty Right, My wife was self employed last 5 years, her business was on partnership, Her business account was joint with her partner. So Eu Treaty Right asked me to explain who is this 2nd person on bank statement with my wife. Also they asked me to send a new copy of my wife ID card.

I am going to post those documents on Monday, I have been waiting for Stamp 4 almost 10 months and its ridiculously long time. One of my friends advised me today, why dont i go to my local garda station and get stamp 4 on the base of my Irish born children.

What do you think guys, Should i get stamp 4 on the base of my Irish born children? As i badly need stamp to travel next month and i dont know how long more Eu Treaty Right going to take to decide my case.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:07 pm

llvlludi wrote:Hi Everyone,

Quick update for those who are waiting for EU stamp 4. As you know i applied for Stamp 4, last year in September. Today i received a correspondence from Eu Treaty Right, My wife was self employed last 5 years, her business was on partnership, Her business account was joint with her partner. So Eu Treaty Right asked me to explain who is this 2nd person on bank statement with my wife. Also they asked me to send a new copy of my wife ID card.

I am going to post those documents on Monday, I have been waiting for Stamp 4 almost 10 months and its ridiculously long time. One of my friends advised me today, why dont i go to my local garda station and get stamp 4 on the base of my Irish born children.

What do you think guys, Should i get stamp 4 on the base of my Irish born children? As i badly need stamp to travel next month and i dont know how long more Eu Treaty Right going to take to decide my case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
If you have an Irish Born Kid and he or she holds an Irish Citizenship. You can apply for Stamp 4 permit on this basis. This is after a case called "Zambrano". You need the following documents.

their own Passport,
their current Certificate of Registration (GNIB Card),
their child's Irish Passport,
their child's Birth Certificate and documentary evidence of their address in the State.

NB: The Irish citizen child must attend with his/her parent(s) on this occasion.

Please see the follwoing link for more details.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ap ... A%20Parent

you can go to your local GArda station.
it takes about 2-3 weeks to get the stamp4 card sorted

All the best..

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 pm

jumanufer wrote:
D13 wrote:does anybody know, what should I do in the following case:
an approval letter is received, GNIB is sent with bank draft for €950
the GNIB is due to expire before 19th September

Do I need to go to INIS and get a new stamp in passport?
I do not think you need to do that especially if you are not flying out, but better to be safe than sorry, give them a call to confirm this
Since you already sent your GNIB card before expiry then you're just fine and need not worry going to INIS for new stamp in passport. All you need do is wait for your upcoming citizenship ceremony invitation letter.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 pm

Nic2cU wrote:Hi All

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL
Your invitation letter to the upcoming citizenship ceremony will be sent to you in due course so just relax and stay calm for now.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:51 pm

michaelshodipo66 wrote:Can anyone tell me the time frame for application by Irish associates. I will greatly appreciate if anyone who have gone through this process can tell us.
Again, just as you've been personally advised in the time past, no one knows the time frame for applications based on Irish Association but it's always unwise to apply for naturalization via this (weaker) route as it could take forever to get an approval but in the end you'll still get it if you meet all other residency conditions. Good uck in your long wait and hopefully you get good news sooner than expected.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 pm

mick2109 wrote:dear kingdom plz let me knw wats going on my application
apply date 16 sep
FIRST LETTER 25 SEP
DOCUMENT REQUESTED 17 NOV
AGAIN DOCUMENT REQUESTED 7 DEC
2ND STAGE LETTER 15 JAN
THEN AFTER THAT I DINT HEAR ANYTHING I EMAILED ALL THE TIME THEY JUST REPLY ME UR APPLICATION CONTINUED TO PROCESSED IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GIVE U EXACT TIME WE CONTACT U ONCE DECISION REACHED WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT MORE I APPLIED MARRIAGE BASE WITH IRISH CITIZEN
The easiest and fastest route to Irish citizenship is Irish spouse and it takes an average of 2 - 7 months to get an approval barring complications with application. In your case I suspect you must have come to the adverse attention of the An Garda Síochana in the past which may be the reason for the delays in your application. Wish you good luck in your continued wait for an approval.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:02 pm

It is my understanding that even if you need to apply for a stamp 4 you MUST still apply directly to the INIS who'll then upon approval issue you an official letter you'll then take to your local immigration office for the new stamp to be placed on your passport. However, I'll still suggest you inquire from your local immigration officer who'd point you to the right direction to go about it. Good luck!

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Hey Kingman - Can you please send us thread of Irish association application ? Thank you !

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:55 am

OMG Ilvlludi thats so frustrating frnd and i know the feelings as i m in the same situation apllied in September and still waiting but my wife is working in restaurant since but as they asking you to explain these stupid things means they r so strict now day's and could be delay 4me or us too....looks like it will be take more few months again or weeks for you to get further decision and it is so-so sad bcoz can't fly nowhere ..anyway frnd i applied in first week of October and do you think i am nearly there? But I emailed them last month 15june and was same answer that .. (bcoz of too many applications nd backlog could be delay more?)
@llvlludi do you think i should email them again or just wait nd watch? ..
Anyway i was waiting for ur approval news buttttt.....SADLY. .
Anyway frnd keep be positive nd explain them again wt they asked hope they will reply u soon nd issue you stamp:)
Best of luck frnd..

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Ilvlludi ,

You could have applied again for EU4FAM while waiting for Stamp.

Thats what a reputed law firm told me that i was to apply for a new stamp EU4FAM if the EU citizen is still exercising her right .
This is good to know for you folks are going to apply for stamp 4 and Citizenship .

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:27 pm

@ namani,
@ KingdonMan

Thanks for your input, I will wait 2 more weeks for my EU indefinite stamp, If i dont get it, i will contact my local immigration officer to change my stamp on my Irish born children basis.

dhruv87@ I think, approval for stamp 4 are already rolling out now. I was talking to my friend in dublin, he told me after a long wait, many of guys are getting stamp 4 since last week..
I think, they were holding all those applications until UK referendum, Because big number of application were coming from people who came through UK. So they were waiting and watching.

The correspondence, i got from them, although it was dated 14 July 2016, But in letter they mention that they will decide my case by 22 March 2016 and meanwhile i can go to my local immigration office and get stamp until 22 June 2016, isnt it funny? . I think, my letter was already drafted long time ago but for some reason they were holding it back for this long.

I think, you will get approval in next couple of weeks, Fingers crossed!

Broli@ You are right mate, but its little too late, I have to fly next month with my children for holidays. Today i sent them required documents and hopefully i will hear from them in next 2 weeks.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:45 pm

llvlludi wrote:@ namani,
@ KingdonMan

Thanks for your input, I will wait 2 more weeks for my EU indefinite stamp, If i dont get it, i will contact my local immigration officer to change my stamp on my Irish born children basis.

dhruv87@ I think, approval for stamp 4 are already rolling out now. I was talking to my friend in dublin, he told me after a long wait, many of guys are getting stamp 4 since last week..
I think, they were holding all those applications until UK referendum, Because big number of application were coming from people who came through UK. So they were waiting and watching.

The correspondence, i got from them, although it was dated 14 July 2016, But in letter they mention that they will decide my case by 22 March 2016 and meanwhile i can go to my local immigration office and get stamp until 22 June 2016, isnt it funny? . I think, my letter was already drafted long time ago but for some reason they were holding it back for this long.

I think, you will get approval in next couple of weeks, Fingers crossed!

Broli@ You are right mate, but its little too late, I have to fly next month with my children for holidays. Today i sent them required documents and hopefully i will hear from them in next 2 weeks.
@llvlludi you right frnd and yes i got in feb2016 a letter from that told me to get stamp till may14 nd will make a decision on my file on April10. But still nothing but as u said frnd tht people are getting now approval again...so hopefully we will be hear something frm them soon hopefully. ..
As i know they do ring to the shop where our spouse works nd that's the only thing need to be sure that she do works there...i would say frnd just explain them ur wife's job circumstances and they should issued you in few day's but make sure you explains them good that can satisfy them...
Good luck frnds...

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Guys

query from a friend applying very soon i poste here because you guys have done this stuff

1- they require copies of bank statements from all accounts. [will my credit union statement count as bank statement ?]

2- The monies in the account really matter :mrgreen: for exemple having just a few thousands is an advantage compare to few hundreds ? :mrgreen: are fat bank account advantaged here?

Cheers

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:48 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
michaelshodipo66 wrote:Can anyone tell me the time frame for application by Irish associates. I will greatly appreciate if anyone who have gone through this process can tell us.
Again, just as you've been personally advised in the time past, no one knows the time frame for applications based on Irish Association but it's always unwise to apply for naturalization via this (weaker) route as it could take forever to get an approval but in the end you'll still get it if you meet all other residency conditions. Good uck in your long wait and hopefully you get good news sooner than expected.
@kingdoman, I wonder why you can't tell much regarding the time frame for application by Irish associates.because you get your through this channel and it takes you 15months to get approval. Please tonwork something out for us that's are eager on this routes. Thanks for all your support

Carlow04
Newly Registered

Post by Carlow04 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

It's my first post

Applied July 2015, have a history of criminal conviction which was declared.
First letter August 2015, reques for documents October 2015, documents submitted October 2015.
May 2016 documents requested, June documents of proof of address submitted and later detailing my conviction. I received letter of acknowledgement and my application being compiled for submission to minister.

I was wondering if it's possible to get approval letter with my timeline.

Thank u.

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Carlow04 , my wife Applied base on Irish association since 22 months now and no answer ?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Rio29 wrote:Hi Carlow04 , my wife Applied base on Irish association since 22 months now and no answer ?
You'll get an answer anytime soon. Keep positive.

Carlow04
Newly Registered

Post by Carlow04 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Carlow04 wrote:It's my first post

Applied July 2015, have a history of criminal conviction which was declared.
First letter August 2015, reques for documents October 2015, documents submitted October 2015.
May 2016 documents requested, June documents of proof of address submitted and later detailing my conviction. I received letter of acknowledgement and my application being compiled for submission to minister.

I was wondering if it's possible to get approval letter with my timeline.

Thank u.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:08 am

Carlow 04 - Can I ask what type of convictions you had, where and when ?